Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2012, 23:00   #301
BHPian

After almost 2900kms, my liva has developed an annoying rattling noise. The noise is coming from the dash board, particularly from the area in front of the speedo cluster. The noise is like that of a loose screw's rattling. No other issues. I guess that it's a common problem faced by Etios and Liva owners. Any solutions?
Old 15th November 2012, 23:22   #302
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
After almost 2900kms, my liva has developed an annoying rattling noise. The noise is coming from the dash board, particularly from the area in front of the speedo cluster. The noise is like that of a loose screw's rattling. No other issues. I guess that it's a common problem faced by Etios and Liva owners. Any solutions?
I think this was the mild rattling sound I was referring to previously in my car. Comes from below the speedo cluster from the ICE region. Toyota Service people fixed it nicely. It was just a screw which went loose inside. Ask them to reinforce that region with adhesive tapes which they did for my car. The problem has been solved.

Last edited by subratasenn : 15th November 2012 at 23:25.
Old 15th November 2012, 23:38   #303
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The is a very common problem along with the AC vents rattle in the Etios and Liva.

Get a double sided tape and a wire tag. Ensure no wire is lose around this and put this double sided tape near the Speedo console mount. This will solve issue 99% unless there is something additional that is causing the issue.
Old 16th November 2012, 11:07   #304
BHPian

Now, for those who think Etios/Liva look too bland, here is some news.
Toyota apparently is working on a new car on Etios platform, to be launched in 2014 in India and Brazil.
The new looks? Well, too funky for my taste.
Here is the report with pics:
http://www.carblogindia.com/toyota-c...na-competitor/
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 11:13   #305
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn
Toyota apparently is working on a new car on Etios platform, to be launched in 2014 in India and Brazil.
Looks cool, added to wish list. :-D
Yeah, it looks too funky in current form. But, the final design shouldn't be as funky. :-)
amalji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 11:18   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Looks cool, added to wish list. :-D
Yeah, it looks too funky in current form. But, the final design shouldn't be as funky. :-)
If the final look is not that funky, that's there in my wishlist too. My current Liva goes and in comes the new car, provided they keep the basics alright.
Old 16th November 2012, 11:34   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

If the final look is not that funky, that's there in my wishlist too. My current Liva goes and in comes the new car, provided they keep the basics alright.
Being based on the etios platform, the basics shouldn't go wrong. After all, the main strength of the etios is its fundamentals. :-)
Old 16th November 2012, 11:38   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Wow. Cool. But dont you think the sedan is a bit Manza-ish?
I think i have seen the green hatchback in TOP GEAR mag a couple of months ago. It was showcased in some auto show.

I badly want Toyota to bring in the Yaris. It has a similar centrally mounted console but, its actually generations ahead of the Etios in terms of quality and performance. If it's priced right then, it will dethrone the Honda City!

There's even a hatchback version of the Yaris. I guess they should have introduced the Yaris siblings instead of the Etios siblings. This is just my opinion.

Last edited by saadat1992 : 16th November 2012 at 11:39.
Old 16th November 2012, 11:41   #309
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Nice to see some clicks. It was Longway reported by alamji in 2011 (As far as i remenber) that, a new etios would be comming in 2013 March.

The current etios and liva should be updated to some decent level in 2013.

Also, they also mentioned that its going to compete with Verna. Already there is corolla in that segment right? why do they need another car in the same segment?

Also the Sedans comprise of hardly 20% of total car sales. I think they should concentrate on a good hatch and a cheper SUV which falls below Innova and ofcourse without etios interiors because the masses will not accept such interiors. As said by alamji, the whole thought of cheap car for many has popped up from the bland interiors of etios even though the car is Ultra reliable.

Old 16th November 2012, 12:14   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Being based on the etios platform, the basics shouldn't go wrong. After all, the main strength of the etios is its fundamentals. :-)
Yes, fundamentals are strong in a Toyota car. But Indians fall for gizmos. Toyota seems to have realized that now.

Quote:
I badly want Toyota to bring in the Yaris. It has a similar centrally mounted console but, its actually generations ahead of the Etios in terms of quality and performance. If it's priced right then, it will dethrone the Honda City!

There's even a hatchback version of the Yaris. I guess they should have introduced the Yaris siblings instead of the Etios siblings. This is just my opinion.
I don't quite agree on this. Toyota is keen to treat India (and Brazil) separately because here the road conditions are different. Etios, that way, is a good move in my opinion. Instead of just bringing in models, creating something for us. Good to find that Etios is being exported to South Africa too, where needs are similar.

Besides Toyota, Ford has also done this with their Figo. Figo did better interiors to please the eye though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Also the Sedans comprise of hardly 20% of total car sales. I think they should concentrate on a good hatch and a cheper SUV which falls below Innova and ofcourse without etios interiors because the masses will not accept such interiors. As said by alamji, the whole thought of cheap car for many has popped up from the bland interiors of etios even though the car is Ultra reliable.
I would gladly accept any such SUV if it comes from Toyota at that price point -- even with Etios interiors.

Last edited by subratasenn : 16th November 2012 at 12:17.
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2012, 12:51   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

Good that they are working on the Etios Platform. But where will they price the premium hatch. The sedan does have some space between the Etios and Altis. But the Liva in the current form is already in the premium hatch back price range

The Liva should either see a price cut or the new model will completely replace it. If either of it should happen, then the Liva resale value will go down further. The current resale is nothing to write home about.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:39   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
The Liva should either see a price cut or the new model will completely replace it. If either of it should happen, then the Liva resale value will go down further. The current resale is nothing to write home about.
I thought that the Liva resale for the diesel version is good, especially being a toyota. Ofcourse the resale would not be like Swift diesel, but probably more than figo diesel. Not sure about petrol versions though.

By the way, liva/etios diesel is having a cash discount of 25K already and that makes it attractive to some extent.
Old 16th November 2012, 13:41   #313
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
I thought that the Liva resale for the diesel version is good, especially being a toyota. Ofcourse the resale would not be like Swift diesel, but probably more than figo diesel. Not sure about petrol versions though.

By the way, liva/etios diesel is having a cash discount of 25K already and that makes it attractive to some extent.
The asking price for a Liva Diesel less than a year old is around 5-5.25 lacs. Not fetching that good a resale. The Toyota's used car division itself quote very less for both the petrol and diesel versions.
Old 16th November 2012, 16:11   #314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk

Nice to see some clicks. It was Longway reported by alamji in 2011 (As far as i remenber) that, a new etios would be comming in 2013 March.

The current etios and liva should be updated to some decent level in 2013.

Also, they also mentioned that its going to compete with Verna. Already there is corolla in that segment right? why do they need another car in the same segment?

Am sure you meant to mention @aMalji & not @aLamji!

The report says about bringing a new car in the 8-10L ex showroom price which will compete with SX4, RAPID, VENTO, CITY etc. Remember the Verna starts @ 7L & top end goes close to Corolla territory. Its never a competitor though.

I see flawed strategy here as well. 1.2L petrol engine for the segment? And a 1.5L 68 bhp diesel? Even 90 bhp from Corolla will look out of place in this segment. Am sure, by the time Toyota launches the duo, most of the competition would have moved to 100 bhp engines. Toyota should work on better engines which will be premium on NVH, FE & power / torque ratings if they want to grab a good pie of the segment.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 16th November 2012 at 16:14.
Old 16th November 2012, 16:48   #315
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Am sure you meant to mention @aMalji & not @aLamji!

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
I see flawed strategy here as well. 1.2L petrol engine for the segment? And a 1.5L 68 bhp diesel? Even 90 bhp from Corolla will look out of place in this segment. Am sure, by the time Toyota launches the duo, most of the competition would have moved to 100 bhp engines. Toyota should work on better engines which will be premium on NVH, FE & power / torque ratings if they want to grab a good pie of the segment.
I guess, they would go for the same engine with the VGT used in Corolla. That would equate to 1.4L 90PS. Anything less than that is not good for the segment.
NVH on the D-4D can be easily controlled by using good dampeners and hydraulic mounts. The NVH on Corolla Diesel is very much controlled.
And Corolla is under powered. It should get a bigger engine as well.

For Petrol Liva, 1.2L is a flawed strategy. They should bring in another engine with VVT for example.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks