Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th November 2012, 16:58   #316
gemi_kk

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Am sure you meant to mention @aMalji & not @aLamji!

Toyota should work on better engines which will be premium on NVH, FE & power / torque ratings if they want to grab a good pie of the segment.
Thanks mate for correcting. My bad. I just remembered his name. Didnt try to check the spelling.

Regarding the NVH, i think good level of dampning should solve the problem. Anyways, they have very good engines which were built strong, which last long and were tried and tested in house rather than those bought from someone else.

Old 4th December 2012, 20:32   #317
BANNED

Autocar India Scoop!!

Etios and Liva facelifts to launch next year in Q2 end with better Interior Design!
Old 4th December 2012, 20:54   #318
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Autocar India Scoop!!

Etios and Liva facelifts to launch next year in Q2 end with better Interior Design!
Sooner the better. The siblings have not really taken off as much as Toyota would have expected. The spartan interiors would just not be good enough to compete with the modern looking hatches of today. If redesgined and corrected properly, it just might help seal the deal for many customers.
Old 4th December 2012, 21:58   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Autocar India Scoop!!

Can you share the link, please? I couldn't find it.

Toyota, if you are listening, my wish list, at the bare minimum, would be

1) Better supportive seats. I've felt that the current driver and passenger seats feel like the driver seat of an auto-rickshaw. Please provide better hugging and maybe support. There is lot of space available, but the seats just do not utilize it, giving a feeling like being in an old Mahindra jeep.

2) Adjustable head-rest for the seats. Please, this is not a big deal in terms of cost, but definitely is, in terms of passenger convenience.

3) Tacho in all the models.

4) Speedo console above the steering, if possible. The console at the center again feels like in a rickshaw.

5) Better dashboard design with symmetrically placed air-con vents. But this, I really don't expect Toyota will do.

Disclaimer: These are my personal observations and not to hurt anybody’s sentiments.
Old 4th December 2012, 22:25   #320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Can you share the link, please? I couldn't find it.

Toyota, if you are listening, my wish list, at the bare minimum, would be

1) Better supportive seats. I've felt that the current driver and passenger seats feel like the driver seat of an auto-rickshaw. Please provide better hugging and maybe support. There is lot of space available, but the seats just do not utilize it, giving a feeling like being in an old Mahindra jeep.

2) Adjustable head-rest for the seats. Please, this is not a big deal in terms of cost, but definitely is, in terms of passenger convenience.

3) Tacho in all the models.

4) Speedo console above the steering, if possible. The console at the center again feels like in a rickshaw.

5) Better dashboard design with symmetrically placed air-con vents. But this, I really don't expect Toyota will do.

Disclaimer: These are my personal observations and not to hurt anybody’s sentiments.
It is in the latest Autocar Magazine, so I am uploading a Snapshot of the same
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review-etiosnews.jpg  

Last edited by agambhandari : 4th December 2012 at 22:27.
agambhandari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2012, 23:52   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the Etios twins are going for a minor model change again by Mid 2013. The below would be the changes.

1. The seat design with be changed and an adjustable head rest design will be adopted
2. The NVH levels to be improved
3. Chances of couple more features like the powered mirrors and automatic climate control appearing on the top end models.
4. Diesel version hatch to get top end model similar to petrol.

But with these changes, the prices will go up which is not desirable. They should actually bring down the price as the engines for both Etios and Liva are being manufactured in the Toyota Kirloskar Auto Parts plant. This also ensures they get more space to introduce another hatch and a sedan
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 07:02   #322
Senior - BHPian

Just changing the seats and introducing power mirrors will not help much. IMO the dashboard layout must change, the centrally placed speedometer looks like a cheap sticker job; get something better Toyota.

Rubber gaskets on door will save a lot a cleaning pain in dusty cities like Bangalore.

Good to see that manufactures are listing or is it the sagging sales anyone's guess ..
Old 13th December 2012, 11:47   #323
BHPian

Yesterday, when i was cleaning the car i noticed something unusual.
The Driver's door was not properly aligned with the body.
Was shocked to see this. The car is always handled gently, but i'm not sure how this happened or was it a manufacturing defect!? I really don't know what to do about this. Any suggestions? Attaching a pic.

Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review-photo1015.jpg
Old 13th December 2012, 23:23   #324
BHPian

Strange, but this is odd @Sadat, even if you are not handling it gently. Check with ToyoTa Service immediately. They'll do something about it.

My left front door glass is not working from the driver's side at 5013 km. Took to TASS today, they immediately replaced it under warranty, no questions asked.

My experience with TASS is good, I'm sure they'll help you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Just changing the seats and introducing power mirrors will not help much. IMO the dashboard layout must change, the centrally placed speedometer looks like a cheap sticker job; get something better Toyota.

Rubber gaskets on door will save a lot a cleaning pain in dusty cities like Bangalore.

Good to see that manufactures are listing or is it the sagging sales anyone's guess ..
Hehe, the first thing that many guests in my Liva say: "oh, the speedometer looks so good". I'm not joking and they are not T-bhpians.

The absence of rubber gaskets doesn't allow dust in the cabin, nor is there any seepage of water. My experience in a dusty and rainy city called Kolkata.

Have seen the new beige-black interior of Etios/Liva, termed "Colombo Tan". I prefer the original black grey interiors. I feel is beige is grossly overrated and ugly and a pain to live with.

NVH is something which Toyota needs to improve in Etios, no doubt about it. That's one area which can be vastly improved. And yes, I'd welcome the electric OVRMs, they would be most welcome! And of course, if they can do something with the shock-absorber sound whenever the car hits a pothole.

Last edited by subratasenn : 13th December 2012 at 23:40.
Old 14th December 2012, 01:05   #325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post

The absence of rubber gaskets doesn't allow dust in the cabin, nor is there any seepage of water. My experience in a dusty and rainy city called Kolkata.
I am not talking about dust getting inside the cabin , its on the inner door frame where Liva tends to accumulate lot of dust due lack of rubber gasket. Off-course it also helps in filtering out some noise, all India specific cost cutting measures.
Old 14th December 2012, 09:38   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Yesterday, when i was cleaning the car i noticed something unusual.
The Driver's door was not properly aligned with the body.
Attachment 1026557
This is very unusual to say the least. I checked my Liva minutely after going through your post. It is perfectly aligned, no gap at all. Please check immediately with Toyota authorized service centre.

Just one point came to my mind after looking at the pics in your ownership report where you had a "bang" on the rear door. Can you confirm if the misalignment in the front door is in the same side where you got a dent in the rear door? In that case the rear impact might have also caused the misalignment. Chances are remote though. Please check with the service centre and update.

Last edited by sups : 14th December 2012 at 09:39.
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2012, 11:17   #327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
This is very unusual to say the least. I checked my Liva minutely after going through your post. It is perfectly aligned, no gap at all. Please check immediately with Toyota authorized service centre.

Just one point came to my mind after looking at the pics in your ownership report where you had a "bang" on the rear door. Can you confirm if the misalignment in the front door is in the same side where you got a dent in the rear door? In that case the rear impact might have also caused the misalignment. Chances are remote though. Please check with the service centre and update.
Yes. The same side where i got the dent. But, i don't think there's any connection.
I guess i'll have to take it to the Service center this weekend.
Never expected this from Toyota!
Old 14th December 2012, 12:01   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saadat1992 View Post
Yes. The same side where i got the dent. But, i don't think there's any connection.
Chances are remote. But since you were not present during the time of impact, that remains a possibility. Hope you will get it over soon.
Old 17th December 2012, 11:16   #329
gemi_kk

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Strange, but this is odd @Sadat, even if you are not handling it gently. Check with ToyoTa Service immediately. They'll do something about it.

Hehe, the first thing that many guests in my Liva say: "oh, the speedometer looks so good". I'm not joking and they are not T-bhpians.

Have seen the new beige-black interior of Etios/Liva, termed "Colombo Tan". I prefer the original black grey interiors. I feel is beige is grossly overrated and ugly and a pain to live with.

NVH is something which Toyota needs to improve in Etios, no doubt about it. That's one area which can be vastly improved. And yes, I'd welcome the electric OVRMs, they would be most welcome! And of course, if they can do something with the shock-absorber sound whenever the car hits a pothole.
Hey, even i have seen the colombo tan interiors. They looked good to me. However i have seen some etios, which have almost black colored seats, whose back rest is thicker than what i have seen in those red colored seats.
They have a vent/line in the base/bucket part of the seat. + They are thicker & cushion a bit more. But the rear bench still lags in the under thigh support. Will try to grab some photos and post here.

Regarding NVH, Even i test drove the GD Etios and i felt like the NVH levels are decent enough. I test drove a brand new car. I dont think that this would be the reason. I constantly heard slight putt.. putt... sound, which i Felt OK for a diesel. Even i have felt the same in Punto, which was less but the sound was there.

Only thing that i need is a Normal Dashboard with Regular Speedo console rather than a centre mounted one. + A softer and a proper Dash board.

Old 17th December 2012, 11:29   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemi_kk View Post
Only thing that i need is a Normal Dashboard with Regular Speedo console rather than a centre mounted one. + A softer and a proper Dash board.
Think of it, you are having a dashboard with centrally mounted speedo which is weird looking and immediately draws the attention of anybody who's entering the car. Not a bad thing actually

On a serious note, the semi-circular centrally mounted speedo robs off the flat dashboard space, making life a bit difficult. I am planning to install a navigator and can hardly find any space on the dash. :(
subratasenn is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks