Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2015, 18:25   #436
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Did you check with the fuses?

I had this issue once in my Fiat Uno and it was traced to a Rs. 5/- fuse gone kaput.
Correct me if i am wrong, if fuse gone kaput, then it should not work, right? But, as mentioned in my post, it does work in level 1 as well, just that it operates at the same speed as level 2. And level 3 is working fine.
kavensri is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2016, 21:23   #437
BHPian

Need guidance on tyre change.

My Liva GD has completed 60K km with 185/65 R14 Yokohama C drive tyres. Its been a very good experience with the Yokos. The tyres will easily last another 5K km, but want to change now to be safe.

Went to the tyre shop today and found out new Yoko's are available with "Earth" variant with a cost of Rs. 4200/tyre for 185/65 R14 size. The same size Michelin XM2's are Rs. 4700/tyre. I have the budget for XM2's. But is it worth the extra money? Please suggest. My priority is back seat comfort during city drive and I am not a fast driver.
Old 23rd January 2016, 22:30   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
Need guidance on tyre change.

My Liva GD has completed 60K km with 185/65 R14 Yokohama C drive tyres. Its been a very good experience with the Yokos. The tyres will easily last another 5K km, but want to change now to be safe.

Went to the tyre shop today and found out new Yoko's are available with "Earth" variant with a cost of Rs. 4200/tyre for 185/65 R14 size. The same size Michelin XM2's are Rs. 4700/tyre. I have the budget for XM2's. But is it worth the extra money? Please suggest. My priority is back seat comfort during city drive and I am not a fast driver.

I have the same tyres on the Rapid (the Yoko Earth 1 185/65 R14) and they are excellent tyres. Amazing grip, and ride quality is extremely good. I'd suggest going for these over the Michelin's given your priorities.

Price appears a bit on the higher side though, I got these for ₹3,700/tyre in Mumbai.
phoenixash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 08:21   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
I have the same tyres on the Rapid (the Yoko Earth 1 185/65 R14) and they are excellent tyres. Amazing grip, and ride quality is extremely good. I'd suggest going for these over the Michelin's given your priorities.

Price appears a bit on the higher side though, I got these for ₹3,700/tyre in Mumbai.
Thanks for the comments. I checked the prices in few places and everybody quoted Rs. 4200. After buyback, however, it goes to around 3950. Looks like I will go for it.
Old 1st February 2016, 19:25   #440
Distinguished - BHPian

Made-in-India Toyota Etios hatchback gets 4-star rating in Global NCAP crash test.

Quote:
In late 2015 Toyota decided to equip all of its Etios models with 2 airbags and 2 pretensioners and asked Global NCAP to test the car and provide a star rating for its crashworthiness.

The recent test of the Toyota Etios showed a good level of adult occupant protection for the frontal passenger; achieving a rating of four stars and two stars in child occupant protection.
Name:  ty.PNG
Views: 3205
Size:  301.5 KB

http://www.globalncap.org/indias-toy...ap-crash-test/

Last edited by volkman10 : 1st February 2016 at 19:39.
volkman10 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st February 2016, 20:09   #441
BHPian

Sorry to go off topic, the link has the article where it has mentioned as below
"“It is impressive to see a major manufacturer achieve a four star result and we look forward to the first five star car in India.”
I was thinking all this while that fiat would have got one. Looks like we are yet to get one.
Old 1st February 2016, 22:27   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Made-in-India Toyota Etios hatchback gets 4-star rating in Global NCAP crash test.
Good to see this. People often criticize the Liva for light build but this proves that structural integrity is not about having thick sheet metal. Also, it is good to see that while they cut costs at many places, they have not compromised on structural integrity, unlike the Swift and i10. Safety is more important than premium look and feel or fancy features.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaji31582 View Post
Sorry to go off topic, the link has the article where it has mentioned as below
"“It is impressive to see a major manufacturer achieve a four star result and we look forward to the first five star car in India.”
I was thinking all this while that fiat would have got one. Looks like we are yet to get one.
Five star rating requires side impact tests too. None of the indian cars tested by Global NCAP had undergone side impact tests.
Old 2nd February 2016, 08:25   #443
Senior - BHPian

It gives confidence that the crash test rating for the etios remains the same compared to the Latin NCAP tests conducted on the etios meant for other countries. This means, Toyota has not purposefully compromised on the structural integrity for cars made for India.

Also regarding the child safety rating, any one can throw more light on why it only got a 2 stars? Is it because of the poor performance of front facing child seats?
Old 2nd February 2016, 10:25   #444
BHPian

Very reassuring to know that I drive a 4-star safety rated car!
Truly compliments its reliability and hassle-free nature. Indeed a rarety in India in this segment.
aamateen46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:01   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Also regarding the child safety rating, any one can throw more light on why it only got a 2 stars? Is it because of the poor performance of front facing child seats?
It seems, it's indeed the front facing child seats which performs poorly and caused this low rating.

Full crash test result attached below.

Name:  crash_test.png
Views: 3096
Size:  210.0 KB

Question: It seems, the child seats used for 18 month old is Rear facing while that for a 3 year old is front facing. Any particular reason why the test was done this way ? Anyone has a better idea here ?

Last edited by amalji : 2nd February 2016 at 11:03.
Old 2nd February 2016, 11:37   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
Question: It seems, the child seats used for 18 month old is Rear facing while that for a 3 year old is front facing. Any particular reason why the test was done this way ? Anyone has a better idea here ?
A good link which explains the same - http://www.parenting.com/article/car-seats-safety
Need to research more on how to have a safe rear facing seats for a child older than 2 years.
amalji is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 11:53   #447

I am seriously considering buying this car impressed by the crash test results.

It just lacks the looks & goodies inside which is acceptable for me. Is it possible to add aftermarket reversing camera & projector head lamps on the Liva without affecting the warranty etc.?
Old 8th April 2016, 13:19   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm2015 View Post
I am seriously considering buying this car impressed by the crash test results.

It just lacks the looks & goodies inside which is acceptable for me. Is it possible to add aftermarket reversing camera & projector head lamps on the Liva without affecting the warranty etc.?
Reversing camera yes, projectors don't know. I'd stick to normal 100/90 bulbs with relay. Please upgrade to better tyres, speakers and wiper. It's a brilliant car, you'll be extremely delighted.
Old 8th April 2016, 14:18   #449

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
Reversing camera yes, projectors don't know. I'd stick to normal 100/90 bulbs with relay. Please upgrade to better tyres, speakers and wiper. It's a brilliant car, you'll be extremely delighted.
Thanks for the reply!! I am a proud owner of the Liva (G) and have run around 1400 Kms now. Its a good car indeed.

Lacks power occasionally when in second or third gear and A/C on but I am getting used to it.
Old 10th April 2016, 01:25   #450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpm2015 View Post
Thanks for the reply!! I am a proud owner of the Liva (G) and have run around 1400 Kms now. Its a good car indeed.

Lacks power occasionally when in second or third gear and A/C on but I am getting used to it.
Not exactly. Run in well and have a blast. The only thing I don't like is the Liva is so unhurried! No matter how much you give the stick it's so sedate in the power delivery. Keep it in the zone and ride happy!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks