Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th February 2013, 01:40   #361
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota vs Maruti vs Ford Maintenance cost comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
2 points to be considered.

Point # 17 : I do NOT remember changing any brake cylinders at 40K or 80K (done very recently) services. I have NO idea what is it, infact.
If possible, could you please send me the scanned copy ( a snap with your mobile camera would be more than enough ) of the replacement intervals from your user manual ( the same team-bhp user id @ gmail ) ? I do not have the manual which I referred to compose that report right now with me.

Quote:
Point # 18 : You need to update the heading to "NEW" Swift / Dzire / Ritz. Old models of these still run on mineral oil.
Will do, thanks for the heads up.

Quote:
Edit:: Air filter replacement for Swift / Dzire / Ritz happen at 10K service intervals, NOT 20K! Please update.
Is it mentioned so on the service manual ? Because I remember seeing it as 20k on the service manual I checked.

Quote:
Could you upload a better resolution pic? The wordings on red background is NOT clear enough!
It's infact not an issue with the resolution. But, something to do with the way jpeg format handles black text on red background. Everything looks perfect when I save it as BMP. But with the compressed jpeg format, it goes crazy with the same resolution. Will find a fix and re-do it.
amalji is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 08:29   #362
BHPian

Re: Toyota Liva Diesel : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amalji View Post
PS: I've copied the other manufacturer's service intervals from user manuals found on my friend's cars. If there is any correction that is needed, feel free to do so. I'll modify my image accordingly.
Is there any time limit for replacement mentioned in any of these manuals? Diesel vehicles clock faster, but for the low run vehicles, may be its a good idea to replace the parts that age with time ahead of the mileage schedule.
Quote:

It's infact not an issue with the resolution. But, something to do with the way jpeg format handles black text on red background. Everything looks perfect when I save it as BMP. But with the compressed jpeg format, it goes crazy with the same resolution. Will find a fix and re-do it.
Save it as PNG or GIF format. JPEG is not good for text information.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 12:56   #363
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Toyota vs Maruti vs Ford Maintenance cost comparison

Quote:
If possible, could you please send me the scanned copy ( a snap with your mobile camera would be more than enough ) of the replacement intervals from your user manual ( the same team-bhp user id @ gmail ) ? I do not have the manual which I referred to compose that report right now with me...
Tried taking a digital pic of the manual and came out terrible! Let me see whether I can get it scanned any time (keep expectations low please, coz I usually do NOT remember while going out ).

I stand corrected on the Air filter interval - it's mentioned as 20K in the manual, but I guess they (A$$) have been replacing it at 10K intervals.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 14:02   #364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Is there any time limit for replacement mentioned in any of these manuals? Diesel vehicles clock faster, but for the low run vehicles, may be its a good idea to replace the parts that age with time ahead of the mileage schedule.
Will upload one more comparison chart with this data included. I'm waiting for a couple of other details so that I can correct minor mistakes in my previous image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bejoy View Post
Save it as PNG or GIF format. JPEG is not good for text information.
GIF and PNG wastes server space and bandwidth. Feels guilty to use png to display just 5 colours. So, I'm trying to find a more optimal solution. But, if by the time, I get all the data required, I still don't have a solution, I might go with png.

Quote:
Tried taking a digital pic of the manual and came out terrible! Let me see whether I can get it scanned any time (keep expectations low please, coz I usually do NOT remember while going out ).
Just ensure that you take it using a good camera with the following things in mind.
  1. The paper should be well lighted. This allows you to take the photo at a higher shutter speed and lesser iso sensitivity. This will take care of the 'shake' and 'noise' factor
  2. Take the photo at an angle ( may be 80 degrees ) so that you can prevent the gloss from the flash or other light source
  3. Ensure that the focus is on the paper. You might have to do a couple of trial and error.
Quote:
I stand corrected on the Air filter interval - it's mentioned as 20K in the manual, but I guess they (A$$) have been replacing it at 10K intervals.
The SAs are taking the customers for a toss. Maruti engineers are not foolish enough to set a lower than normal filter change interval. They can clean it every 10,000 kms similar to the way Toyota does it. Toyota services the air filter by pumping it with high pressure air. This cleans almost all of the dust in it.

Last edited by amalji : 21st February 2013 at 14:03.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:08   #365
BHPian

Quote:
GIF and PNG wastes server space and bandwidth. Feels guilty to use png to display just 5 colours. So, I'm trying to find a more optimal solution. But, if by the time, I get all the data required, I still don't have a solution, I might go with png.
Sorry for OT, but you don't need to feel guilty if the PNG format is a few tens of kilobytes, when the photos in travelogue section occupies tons of megabytes GIF gives more control but limited to 256 colours. Your statement is true when you save a true colour photo in GIF/PNG format, but not for low colour images. I use Paint.Net software (free and much better than MS Paint) and it shows the file size of each format with preview before saving. I am sure your comparison picture in PNG will be less than 50kB.
bejoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2013, 16:21   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The SAs are taking the customers for a toss. Maruti engineers are not foolish enough to set a lower than normal filter change interval. They can clean it every 10,000 kms similar to the way Toyota does it. Toyota services the air filter by pumping it with high pressure air. This cleans almost all of the dust in it.
Hi amalji,

In the case of my Ertiga, the SA wanted to just clean the air filter during my 10k service. Since I personally insisted on replacing it, he replaced it for me. Although cleaning is good enough, I always replace it given the heavily polluted environment that we live in. According to the SA, they change it once in 20k kms, as stated in the manual.
Old 21st February 2013, 20:59   #367
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
Hi amalji,

In the case of my Ertiga, the SA wanted to just clean the air filter during my 10k service. Since I personally insisted on replacing it, he replaced it for me. Although cleaning is good enough, I always replace it given the heavily polluted environment that we live in. According to the SA, they change it once in 20k kms, as stated in the manual.
It's ok, if the SA replaces air filter early as per customer's recommendation. But, it should never be imposed on a customer especially when Maruti recommends it to replace every 20,000 kms only.
Old 28th February 2013, 22:06   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subratasenn View Post
Well, this could be the solution. While certain hearsays keep adding on in this thread, I have found not a single T-Bhpian facing this issue.

As for me, at 9000 km my Liva shows no sign of oil dipping. My second service (the first oil change) is due 1000 km from now.

Haven't seen any ghosts so far.
+1. I checked my Altis's oil levels before the 1st service on being warned about this issue by some members ( much appreciated) and they were normal. Now at 18.2k kms and 9200 kms since its last service to be precise ( I got the first service done at 9k kms only), the oil levels are at the max. So hopefully my car does is not one of those unlucky ones. Again might be the case of Toyota brimming the oil levels to the top in the last service but then there is no way to find out that.
Old 7th March 2013, 01:55   #369
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
  1. With fuel filters, I went wrong. 80,000 is for Petrol. But, no replacement interval is mentioned for the Diesel Fuel Filters as well. When I inquired about it, the information I got was that it is equipped with Lifetime fuel filter from Denso and hence doesn't need to be replaced till the fuel flow sensor detects a lowering of fuel flow pressure .
Confirmed it with Toyota as well when I took the car for 30,000 service.

1. Fuel filters used on Etios Diesel doesn't have to replaced until the fuel flow sensors detects a lower fuel flow rate. It's the same with the Innova Diesel as well. With Corolla Diesel, you have to replace every 20,000 kms though
  2. Service Advisor told me that they have never changed the fuel filter on an Etios Diesel. I asked them to pull up the service history of the most run Etios Diesel vehicle ( which had run 1,50,000 kms in just 1.5 years ). 0 fuel filter replacements, 0 timing chain replacements and just one brake pad replacement at 80,000 kms. Felt very happy to see a 1.5 lakh kms run Etios Diesel without any complaints or any unplanned parts replacements. I'll be calling this customer tomorrow to get a more detailed idea about his experience with the car.
Old 10th March 2013, 21:52   #370
BHPian

My Liva GD is 3.5 months old and the ODO stands at 5100 km. To get rid of the "thud" suspension noise, yesterday I got the suspension change work done by dsk toyota, pune. Also, they have fitted spacers at the back to avoid any sagging of the vehicle at the back when three heavy people are seating at the back. Since the vehicle is under warranty, I did not have to pay anything for this. I drove the vehicle for around 40 km both in highway and city after the suspension change. Here is my feedback:

1. Its a pleasure to that there is no "thud" noise coming from big potholes or while driving over speed breakers even at a speed. I must point out that toyota is not doing any favour to me by changing the suspension free of cost. The way the vehicle is behaving now after the change is the way the vehicle should have behaved right from day one. Toyota has just got rid of one of their faults.

2. The vehicle feels more stable on the highway. I did not notice any harshness due to stiffer suspension even at city speeds.

3. My request to all Etios and Liva owners is to get the suspension work done. Its simply a better vehicle to drive now.

There was a rattle from the glovebox. The SA has fixed it now. Overall it was a very commendable workmanship from toyota.

I bought the vehicle in November, 2012 at a discount of 25K from toyota. With the new model coming in, they are selling the same vehicle at a discount of almost 50K, I heard. Really feel cheated on that part.

Mileage has been consistent between 17.5 to 18 km/litre in city driving.
sups is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2013, 00:25   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
My Liva GD is 3.5 months old and the ODO stands at 5100 km. To get rid of the "thud" suspension noise, yesterday I got the suspension change work done by dsk toyota, pune. Also, they have fitted spacers at the back to avoid any sagging of the vehicle at the back when three heavy people are seating at the back. Since the vehicle is under warranty, I did not have to pay anything for this. I drove the vehicle for around 40 km both in highway and city after the suspension change. Here is my feedback:

1. Its a pleasure to that there is no "thud" noise coming from big potholes or while driving over speed breakers even at a speed. I must point out that toyota is not doing any favour to me by changing the suspension free of cost. The way the vehicle is behaving now after the change is the way the vehicle should have behaved right from day one. Toyota has just got rid of one of their faults.

2. The vehicle feels more stable on the highway. I did not notice any harshness due to stiffer suspension even at city speeds.

3. My request to all Etios and Liva owners is to get the suspension work done. Its simply a better vehicle to drive now.

Mileage has been consistent between 17.5 to 18 km/litre in city driving.
Same here. Did the suspension work done a week ago. No cost.
Driving is stiffer, but better at high speeds.

18-19 kms per litre in city constantly for last 5 months in my car. With AC on and off as it's still pleasant in Kolkata. Never expected this much.

Etios Liva was a great car, despite what people might say. It's even better with new suspension work.

I simply love the car now.
subratasenn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 13:52   #372
BHPian

Friends,

My Liva GD bought in December 2011 has run more than 21000 Kms. Recently, I got the front suspension changed under warranty at Galaxy Toyota, Okhla, Delhi.

I am pleasantly surprised at the change in driving experience following the change in suspension. It is not just that the 'thak' sound is absent on certain occasions. The car seems much more composed in handling and that up-and-down movement on undulations of the road is much more controlled. I enjoy the drive much more. Eager to get on the highway now to test the new suspension.

Adding to my pleasure is the engine of the Liva, which has got smoother in last couple of thousand kilometers (nothing to do with suspension, obviously).
jhaji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 14:00   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhaji View Post
I am pleasantly surprised at the change in driving experience following the change in suspension. It is not just that the 'thak' sound is absent on certain occasions. The car seems much more composed in handling and that up-and-down movement on undulations of the road is much more controlled.
The new suspension is stiffer compared to the earlier, and that's the reason it feels now more composed at a speed. Yes, you will feel the same during highway drive also.

Can you please share your maintenance bill also at 10K and 20K service?
sups is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2013, 17:03   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
The new suspension is stiffer compared to the earlier, and that's the reason it feels now more composed at a speed. Yes, you will feel the same during highway drive also.

Can you please share your maintenance bill also at 10K and 20K service?
I did expect the new suspension to be stiffer. I had also read on many occasions that stiffer suspension and better handling go together. But that was in theory. It is only now that I experienced it first hand. Moreover, I thought the change would be very subtle. But, actually it is very clear.

My 20k service was actually done at 17k, since my 'smiles' pack was expiring. I will have to dig out the bills. Once I do it, I will certainly share it with you.
Old 17th June 2013, 17:11   #375
BHPian

My 6.5 months old Liva GD got the 10000 km servicing day before yesterday from dsk toyota, pune. The odo was at 9500 km, and its pure city driving. Here is the experience:

1. Its raining quite heavily here in Pune. Also, I did not have any major complaints. So, instead of going to the service centre, thought of availing dealer's pickup and drop facility. They charge Rs. 350/- for this service, but since I have Toyota Smile package, its FREE. The driver turned up 15 minutes before the scheduled time, prepared the job card and gave it to me. He mentioned that the service adviser will call me to note down any complaints.

2. After 1.5 hours I got a call from the service adviser and mentioned him about the squeaking noise while opening the rear left door sometimes. There was absolutely, no other issue being reported. The service adviser told me that the car will be ready by 6pm.

3. The SA called me at 5.30 pm, and told me that final cleaning is going on and everything else is done. The total bill was Rs. 1739/-, which also included wheel alignment and rotation. Since I have their Smile package, my total charge would be ZERO. He also mentioned that if I clock miles at the same rate, then my 20K servicing will be another 6 months away and the cost of that will also be included as a part of Smile package. Now, considering that I paid about Rs. 3300/- for Smile package and its other benefits, this is very good.

4. The vehicle was dropped at my place at 6.30pm in squeaky clean condition. Absolutely satisfied with the service. Tipped the driver Rs. 100/- and he was also happy.

5. Liva diesel is turning out to be a very cheap hatch back to maintain. Considering the fact that I am consistently getting 17.5 to 18 km/L mileage for full city driving with about 40% AC usage, its one of the cheapest spacious diesel hatchback to run and maintain. Infact, my previous Getz 1.3 petrol was more expensive to service.

What I don't like about Liva is that if there is a sudden dip or sudden undulations on the road, the vehicle jumps more than expected if I am at a speed. May be this is to do with the light weight of the vehicle. Punto behaves like a king in such situations. Body roll, though, is better controlled.

Last edited by sups : 17th June 2013 at 17:14.
sups is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks