Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2012, 23:26   #3001
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by fundagenie View Post
car is with one of their stocks kept at Palaghat , 4-5 hrs away from Cochin.
So how the car will be trasported to Cochin? Driven by road or on truck? The reason i asked was, i see quite a few MMs driven (sometimes very rashly) to thier Kottayam dealership in batches. Some times 2 tied by a small rope, one pulling the other.
Old 7th August 2012, 23:56   #3002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
So how the car will be trasported to Cochin? Driven by road or on truck? The reason i asked was, i see quite a few MMs driven (sometimes very rashly) to thier Kottayam dealership in batches. Some times 2 tied by a small rope, one pulling the other.
Thanks for asking this question. I was expecting they would bring it via truck. But after the experience last week nothing can be expected. We are dealing with TVS . Will ask them specifically on the mode of transportation.

FundaG

The accessories quotes given to me by TVS cochin are
Footstep - 14500Rs
Illuminated scuff plates - 3500Rs
Door beadings - 3500Rs
Rear camera - 10500 Rs (am not taking this as I have seen in the thread that it is available for 3500rs)

What are the prices for these accessories in Bangalore. If cheaper I could get them fixed here.

FundaG

Last edited by moralfibre : 8th August 2012 at 12:22. Reason: Back to back posts.
Old 8th August 2012, 00:25   #3003
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
This is interesting. Anything that gives a chance to peek into the internals of the vehicle is a good idea. How does the OBD app communicate with the OBD system of the XUV? Besides the app, do you need to do anything on the XUV (settings/configuration/additional-hardware) to enable this?
You need a Bluetooth/Wired OBDII Transmitter to be plugged into the OBD port in the XUV. You can view this port by looking at the area right above the Brake pedal in the XUV500.

Once the transmitter is installed, you need relevant software to read the output of the OBD Codes given by the car. There are many such apps available for iOS, Android, Windows etc. (Google is your friend here).

You can also use OBD to get really kickass detailed information about your car such as amount of fuel going into the engine, coolant temparature etc etc. (the list is endless here).
reevester is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 02:51   #3004
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Had a really bad experience with Tvs, cochin. I was meant to get the first view of my car today. Travelled the whole way from bangalore to cochin just for this. However, neither did I get to see the vehicle nor the sales person who promised....
Indeed a bad experience. I suggest you pen down your experience on XUV 500 facebook page and wait for the response. In case nothing works out, you can send a tweet to Anand Mahindra and be rest assured that there will be follow ups. It's better for you to take this step to give them a warning NOT to mess with you. I suggest you pen down the executive's name too so that they take some action with the person concerned.

Quote:
Thanks for asking this question. I was expecting they would bring it via truck. But after the experience last week nothing can be expected. We are dealing with TVS . Will ask them specifically on the mode of transportation.
No point, they might choose to drive down than bringing in a truck [if there is no sufficient volume]. The only point is to check the odo if it is NOT disconnected. When there is a follow up, please make sure you bring this topic of transportation and put your foot down on bringing the car on a truck itself. You could also share the story narrated by @teamvee.

Quote:
......What are the prices for these accessories in Bangalore. If cheaper I could get them fixed here.
I believe the dealer rates should be the same across states. The only way you could get it cheaper is if you can find these OEM stuffs in after market shops and get it installed @ A$$.

Suggestion:: Please use "multi-quote" rather than back to back posts.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 8th August 2012 at 02:56. Reason: Adding last quote
Old 8th August 2012, 06:50   #3005
SDP
Team-BHP Support

fundagenie, sorry to hear about bad experience. I would suggest writing to Mahindra customer care about it (after escalating to the top-most level at the dealership).

Quote:
Footstep - 14500Rs
Door beadings - 3500Rs
Rear camera - 10500 Rs (am not taking this as I have seen in the thread that it is available for 3500rs)

What are the prices for these accessories in Bangalore. If cheaper I could get them fixed here.

FundaG
They seem to be charging for 3 reverse cameras.
Quoting whatever comes to their mind seems to be standard practice across multiple dealers. Get the official accessory list from them, get it scanned and send it to the customer-care. This is getting ridiculous. Its a Mahindra Genuine Accessory, the dealer can not charge arbitrarily for that accessory.

On a separate note, if I were you, I would avoid illuminated scuff plates. My observation has been they are slightly more raised than the standard scuff plates and can potentially foul with the puddle lamps in the doors. I remember reading one post where a puddle lamp came off and the most likely reason was the illuminated scuff plates.

Last edited by SDP : 8th August 2012 at 06:52.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 07:45   #3006
BHPian

I have also booked my XUV from Cochin dealer. Booked it on 8th June,and am yet to get the delivery. Two days back the SE called up and said,there might be a cancellation and I might get the delivery in 3 days. And then he subtly asked me about the finance. I told him,i intend to go with our regular bank. He then suggested their two affiliated finance companies. You know guys, putting two and two together, he wants me to take loan through them, and i would get the XUV quickly ! Anyway ,I have told him, i would check on their schemes too. (He has not called me after that). Let us wait and see. Today's paper,SBI advertisement says 1699/ L emi, would need to check on it too.
My fluence (TVS is their dealer too) was also brought from their stockyard in Palghat,driven. So looks like TVS main stock yard is in Palghat.
I think there has been some cancellations in XUV following Duster's launch. Some Guys who were promised delivery of XUV in Jan 2013, have already taken delivery! On a lighter note, XUV or Duster in Cochin, the end beneficiary is TVS !
Rameshdude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 11:04   #3007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
No point, they might choose to drive down than bringing in a truck [if there is no sufficient volume]. The only point is to check the odo if it is NOT disconnected.
More than ODO, i will be concerend about the way they will be driven, fast and rash. Also seen them mostly on early mornings when there are not much traffic on roads. The modern vehicles do not require any "break in" period, still On the positive side, if there are any manufacturing defects, you will know right away during PDI!!!!
Old 8th August 2012, 11:49   #3008
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post

No point, they might choose to drive down than bringing in a truck [if there is no sufficient volume]. The only point is to check the odo if it is NOT disconnected. When there is a follow up, please make sure you bring this topic of transportation and put your foot down on bringing the car on a truck itself. You could also share the story narrated by @teamvee.
Quote:
More than ODO, i will be concerend about the way they will be driven, fast and rash. Also seen them mostly on early mornings when there are not much traffic on roads. The modern vehicles do not require any "break in" period, still On the positive side, if there are any manufacturing defects, you will know right away during PDI!!!!

Checked on the mode of transportation and they are saying it wont be driven down from Palaghat. Is there anyway we can find if it was driven down or not if they keep the ODO meter disconnected .

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
They seem to be charging for 3 reverse cameras.
Quoting whatever comes to their mind seems to be standard practice across multiple dealers. Get the official accessory list from them, get it scanned and send it to the customer-care. This is getting ridiculous. Its a Mahindra Genuine Accessory, the dealer can not charge arbitrarily for that accessory.

On a separate note, if I were you, I would avoid illuminated scuff plates. My observation has been they are slightly more raised than the standard scuff plates and can potentially foul with the puddle lamps in the doors. I remember reading one post where a puddle lamp came off and the most likely reason was the illuminated scuff plates.
For the time being I have decided to go ahead with no accessories from Mahindra. Anyway the car would be in Kerala for a couple of weeks and if required will fix it then. Will look for other options in the meanwhile.

Additionally, was thinking of going for HID lights. Had checked with an accessory shop, where 9k was quoted for philips single point. He was saying it wont affect the warranty as they would just change the bulbs and no other modification to the overall light unit. Any clue if this is possible. Also would there be any issue with the warranty.

FundaG
Old 8th August 2012, 12:30   #3009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Had a really bad experience with Tvs, cochin. I was meant to get the first view of my car today. Travelled the whole way from bangalore to cochin just for this. However, neither did I get to see the vehicle nor the sales person who promised.
Escalate this to the R.M or the mahindra customer care and ask them to compensate you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magikrider View Post
you mean the regular AWD variant right? is the booking for AWD variant started yet? the last I had heard, people who had booked in the first phase have only received it and some are yet to receive still.
Yes AWD bookings have stopped and would not open in the near future.

Quote:
Short distances are driven as its cheaper and faster than truck.

Quote:
FundaG
You can "demand" the proof of transportation.
Quote:
Footstep - 14500Rs
Door beadings - 3500Rs

FundaG
Just keep one thin in mind please - please ensure no wires are "spliced" during installation.
Quote:
Checked on the mode of transportation and they are saying it wont be driven down from Palaghat. Is there anyway we can find if it was driven down or not if they keep the ODO meter disconnected .

Additionally, was thinking of going for HID lights. Had checked with an accessory shop, where 9k was quoted for philips single point. He was saying it wont affect the warranty as they would just change the bulbs and no other modification to the overall light unit. Any clue if this is possible. Also would there be any issue with the warranty.

FundaG
Yes - you can demand proof and also tell them you would like to be at the yard when the vehicle is being off-loaded.

Suggestion: If you are planning to Fit a GPS tracker, get it fit before the vehicle leaves palakkad. You can track, speed, stops, and everything. This will give you precise info on whether it was driven or truck-transported.

Time taken will be 12 hours and will not stop at check posts etc if driven.

Yes Philips bulbs can be retro-fit without any modification or voiding warranty The Only thing know-worthy would be that the plastic on the headlight might become yellow and you might need to change it. Warranty will NOT be honored as Philips light is more powerful than stock XUV bulbs.
Old 8th August 2012, 13:06   #3010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
More than ODO, i will be concerend about the way they will be driven, fast and rash. ...
True, what I mentioned was the way to check whether it was driven all the way. But then I expect the dealer to disconnect the ODO if they choose to do this.

Quote:
...Is there anyway we can find if it was driven down or not if they keep the ODO meter disconnected...

...Additionally, was thinking of going for HID lights. Had checked with an accessory shop, where 9k was quoted for philips single point. He was saying it wont affect the warranty as they would just change the bulbs and no other modification to the overall light unit. Any clue if this is possible. ...
One way to check -- on the slush & mud on the exteriors and interiors since its the rainy season.

I dont buy the argument on HID installation. It's not just a bulb replacement, they will need to install ballasts and all. Even if there may not be any splicing of wires, your warranty may be void, depending on how strict the dealers are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
...Yes - you can demand proof and also tell them you would like to be at the yard when the vehicle is being off-loaded....
We have been thinking way too straight forward! A dealer who has created such an issue & a negative pre-sale impression, well.. I will NOT trust them to be good in such cases too. They may come up with excuses like "We cannot show official docs" or "The vehicle came in the mid-night, so we could NOT invite you for the off-loading function" or "we cannot allow customers in the yard" etc etc! What will the customer do in such cases?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 14:05   #3011
BHPian

This thread and Team-Bhp are a great source of information for folks like me who are awaiting delivery of the XUV. THanks to all the folks who are making this a treasure trove.
Can all the owners and other experts, please add a list of accessories, along with prices, that you think are essential to the XUV and some which are really good aftermarket additions?
Here is the comprehensive list of accessories I have gathered from my visits to the showroom while booking the car:
• Alloy Wheels (for W6) - Set of 4 - 32K
• Foot Step - 12K
• Illuminated Scuff plates - 4K
• Regular Scuff plates - 1K?
• Teflon Coating - 6K
• Underbody treatment - 7K
• Rain Visors - 2.3K
• Reverse Camera - 10K to 3.5K (?)
• Head Rest Mounted 7' LCD/DVD - 18K
• Coat Hanger - 2.5K
• Avani TV set top box - 20K
Aftermarket accessories ( gathered from other posts)
• HID's - 9K
• 3D Mats - 8K (?)
Here are a few places that I found have some aftermarket accessories:
accessories for Mahindra XUV 500
XUV 500 ACCESSORIES
I do not like the Chrome package that is being sold as an accessory (IMO: the chrome bling is just hideos), and would not want to go for this. Wondering if there are black side body strips (not sure if this what they are called) that I can find somewhere? Can anyone recommend some good Black side steps or non chrome type of side steps ala the Fortuner (in know the Ajanta link above has some but they did not seem very appealing). I would also be interested in a good rear guard.

Please add to this list and also suggest which ones are worth going for. I have footsteps, scuff plates, side body strips, Mats and a rear guard as a good list of must haves

Last edited by DoneAndDusted : 8th August 2012 at 14:07.
Old 8th August 2012, 15:15   #3012
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
Here is the comprehensive list of accessories I have gathered from my visits to the showroom while booking the car:
• Alloy Wheels (for W6) - Set of 4 - 32K
• Foot Step - 12K
• Illuminated Scuff plates - 4K
• Regular Scuff plates - 1K?
• Teflon Coating - 6K
• Rain Visors - 2.3K
• Head Rest Mounted 7' LCD/DVD - 18K
• Coat Hanger - 2.5K
• Avani TV set top box - 20K
Aftermarket accessories ( gathered from other posts)
• HID's - 9K
• 3D Mats - 8K (?)

Please add to this list and also suggest which ones are worth going for. I have footsteps, scuff plates, side body strips, Mats and a rear guard as a good list of must haves
The prices of the accessories seem to vary with the dealers.
Foot Step - 14.5K
Rain Visors - 3.5K
Illuminated Scuff plates - 3.5k

For 3D Mats and rain visors I have got a price for 5500 and 1500 from a local car accessories shop. Need to check out.

FundaG
Old 8th August 2012, 16:35   #3013
BHPian

Quote:

FundaG

Here in ludhiana i went to two different dealers for rear camera price check, just for curiosity. Dada Motors are offering it for just 2800/- , whereas Modern Motors are asking 6500/- for it . Is there any difference in any of the cameras, cos of the price difference? I asked about night mode on camera, and both of them had night vision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoneAndDusted View Post
• Teflon Coating - 6K

Here are a few places that I found have some aftermarket accessories:
accessories for Mahindra XUV 500
XUV 500 ACCESSORIES
I do not like the Chrome package that is being sold as an accessory (IMO: the chrome bling is just hideos), and would not want to go for this. Wondering if there are black side body strips (not sure if this what they are called) that I can find somewhere? Can anyone recommend some good Black side steps or non chrome type of side steps ala the Fortuner (in know the Ajanta link above has some but they did not seem very appealing). I would also be interested in a good rear guard.

The price i got for underbody protection and teflon combined was 7800 INR, i just dont get it why is there such a wide range of prices for the same things at different places!
By black side body strips do u mean Side door beadings? If YES, then i would say do go for it because it really enhances the side profile of the car, especially in a white W8. On a side note, i too just loath the chrome accessory(12000/- as quoted by Dada Motors), and it looks so cheap especially on the rear tail lights. From what the SA told me, he said you could individually get the chrome accessory installed on any of the constituent parts, say the front grill, or tail light or the door handles etc. If u particularly like chrome in 1 or 2 parts but not all the parts, u can thus opt for a chrome accessory on just those parts.
abhinavinc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2012, 17:20   #3014
BHPian

Quote:

FundaG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameshdude View Post
I have also booked my XUV from Cochin dealer. !
While checking with the cochin dealer, he told me they don't allow PDI as it is against company's policy and Mahindra too confirms it.
I told him it would be tough in my scenario to take vehicle without PDI. Do let me know the way out in such scenario.
Old 8th August 2012, 18:42   #3015
Team-BHP Support

There is an update. Mahindra is offering FEVs (Field Evaluation Units) to its employees across all its companies, including even the software companies. You can pay anywhere between 1.5 to 2.1 lakhs lesser than the sticker price for these cars. M&M will provide you the same warranty terms as they do for any of their other new vehicles. The catch is you get it on "As Is Where Is" basis.

So those of you looking for an AWD, if you have anyone working in Mahindra or otherwise any connects (though officially you need to be a blood relation) you can even get an AWD, albeit a FEV at some 2.1 lakhs less.

Personally though I will never touch a FEV... but thats an entirely different issue.
Zappo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks