Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2014, 11:08   #6331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
IIRC all models of XUV has same headlights assembly (except cornering light functionality), so should work on all variants.
What M&M has given for low-beam is a projector housing with a halogen bulb inside. With the halogen replaced with xenon (kit), the illumination and throw is far better. The stock low-beam is very faint and practically useless in rains etc.
What I feel that if HID is installed in projector lamps the throw of beam won't be perfect and will be scattered all over. It would be better to consult someone who has already tried installing HID.
Old 7th August 2014, 11:41   #6332
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
What I feel that if HID is installed in projector lamps the throw of beam won't be perfect and will be scattered all over. It would be better to consult someone who has already tried installing HID.
Sir, you seem confused. HIDs are supposed to be used ONLY with projectors. With normal reflectors, they are a hazard.

BTW, I have got the stock halogens in low-beams of my xuv replaced with a HID conversion kit and can vouch for the results.
Old 7th August 2014, 11:52   #6333
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review

I am also planning to install HID kit for my Cheetah, both Low and High beam .

Dear Bangaloreans,
Could you Please share any references in bangalore for getting this job done.
Thanks in Advance.
Old 7th August 2014, 12:22   #6334
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
I am also planning to install HID kit for my Cheetah, both Low and High beam .

Dear Bangaloreans,
Could you Please share any references in bangalore for getting this job done.
Thanks in Advance.
Please please please do NOT get HIDs on high-beam as the high-beams on XUV has reflector setup and not projector setup. You would end up blinding the oncoming traffic and causing accidents. If you are hell-bent on HIDs for high-beam as well, please get projectors as well for them, which would need opening the headlight casing (not advisable).

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-mahindraxuv500headlampphoto.jpg

Last edited by SDP : 7th August 2014 at 12:26.
SDP is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 13:42   #6335

Quote:
IIRC all models of XUV has same headlights assembly (except cornering light functionality), so should work on all variants.
What M&M has given for low-beam is a projector housing with a halogen bulb inside. With the halogen replaced with xenon (kit), the illumination and throw is far better. The stock low-beam is very faint and practically useless in rains etc.
Thank you sir for this valuable feedback. I will go in for this kit and a rear camera as these will be enough to fully load my new car. Thanks again. Regards
sree
Old 7th August 2014, 17:07   #6336
BHPian

Here is my new ride.. W8 FWD

Also attaching pics of All weather Floor Mat provided. They are of very good quality; non-slip type. Only thing to note with this pack: there is no 3rd row mat, middle rows mats comes in 3piece.
Metallic scuff plate added is seen in the driver side mat pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-front1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-front_mat.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-middle_mat.jpg  

Last edited by Twiny : 7th August 2014 at 17:12.
Twiny is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 17:57   #6337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiny View Post
Here is my new ride.. W8 FWD

Also attaching pics of All weather Floor Mat provided. They are of very good quality; non-slip type. Only thing to note with this pack: there is no 3rd row mat, middle rows mats comes in 3piece.
Metallic scuff plate added is seen in the driver side mat pic.
Congratulations Twiny:-) Enjoy your ride and drive safe.

Nice looking mats there, but the middle row mats should have come in single piece, which would have made the maintenance easy and protect the floor from accumulating dirt.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 00:11   #6338
BHPian

Friends, I have completed my 20000kms service on the 23 August 2014. The following were replaced during the same.

Engine oil (Shell Rotela T6, Cj-4, 5W40;The engine oil was opened and poured in front of me by the service center)
Transmission oil (Maxmile Syntec F2)
Front & Rear Differential oil (Maxmile elite, was missed during the 5000km Service)
Diesel filter
A/C filter
Air filter & front stabilizer bar bushes (Changed on my request)
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-slide1.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-slide2.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-slide3.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-slide4.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-slide5.jpg  

Mahindra XUV500 : Test Drive & Review-slide6.jpg  

Last edited by aah78 : 8th August 2014 at 19:14. Reason: Quote tag removed.
manipal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 15:06   #6339

Congrats Twiny. The XUV looks gorgeous. wish you a safe drive
RajivNarvekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2014, 17:45   #6340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
New Prices are out for the month of August 2014:

Model Old Price New Price
  1. W8 FWD 1369086 1372617
The above prices are in Bangalore. So Mahindra has marginally increased the prices

Source: Anant Cars Website & Mahindra Website
Any idea on discounts on offer for this month?. I am specially interested in the W8 FWD. Thanks.
Old 8th August 2014, 22:34   #6341
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvhplyevraftr View Post
Any idea on discounts on offer for this month?. I am specially interested in the W8 FWD. Thanks.
IMO, the discounts like Insurance wave off, Loyalty bonus, exchange bonus, corporate bonus will be available till the festive season ends at-least. I have not visited the dealer as of now, probably will go tomorrow and check out. Will keep updated on the discounts available and the price quoted.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2014, 07:50   #6342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post
I have not visited the dealer as of now, probably will go tomorrow and check out. Will keep updated on the discounts available and the price quoted.
Thank you. Here in Hyderabad, on W8, they have about Rs 27000 cash discount and another Rs 10000 as loyalty and corporate (between 8000 to 10000 ) discounts. On W6, I think the cash discount comes down to Rs 20000. The rest remains the same. I dont know on the W4.

I think I read in one of the team-bhp threads that the cash discount component on W8 for this month is about 31000 and when I asked the sales guy about this, he said all he is aware is about 27000.
Old 10th August 2014, 13:06   #6343
J.Ravi

A kind request to those, who bought W8 version recently in 2014: could you please be kind enough to check and inform me of the version of the MapMyIndia maps? Mine is version 8.0. MapMyIndia has aleady released version 9.0 maps some months back. But, India Garage personnel insisted that they did not have any map upgrades to version 9.0 during my last visit. I was assured that all map upgrades during the warranty period will be done by the dealership free of cost.

Old 10th August 2014, 15:22   #6344
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
gurudutt : Guys, i wanted to go for HID kit but i have two concerns here.
@Gurudutt, please see comments by @SDP. I assume you donot have the W8, but a lower variant. If you can, then change the entire set up that Mahindra has on the W8. IMO, Modifying the existing head lamp unit to put HID instead of Halogen is not easy / reliable.

Quote:
SDP : HIDs are supposed to be used ONLY with projectors. With normal reflectors, they are a hazard.
@gurudutt, Without the projectors, the light beam will not be focused. Instead, you will get a spread out beam, and you will not get the benefits of the HID that you want.

Also:
Quote:
SDP : Please please please do NOT get HIDs on high-beam as the high-beams on XUV has reflector setup and not projector setup. You would end up blinding the oncoming traffic and causing accidents.
While the HID is a plug-in, you may not get the reliability of a OE unit.
FWIK, I dont think even W8 has a HID - though it has a projector. (or even the Tata Aria / Storme). These vehicles are using the projectors for a better beam, but with Halogens.
Old 10th August 2014, 16:57   #6345
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations !

1. I would say avoid the foot-steps, unless absolutely necessary.
2. Rear-camera is supremely useful.
3. Scuff-plates. The illuminated ones bring in that much more cool factor.
4. In my opinion, rather than foot-steps and illuminated scuff plates, the same amount of money could be better spent on a HID conversion kit to upgrade the low-beam to xenons.

All the best. Enjoy your XUV.
Thank you SDP and XUV 500_BLR for highlighting an issue on which I wanted your advise. I have a black W4, and want to install reverse camera or sensor, whichever makes more sense. As W4 does not have LCD display, is it possible to go for reverse camera, or would I be better off just installing a sensor. Furthermore, there is this Autocop reverse camera being offered at around INR 8k by the Mahindra accessory store at my local dealership. Are Autocop reverse cams good or is there a better brand I should go for.
Without either one of these, it is becoming increasingly difficult to reverse the big machine with peace of mind

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks