Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th November 2016, 14:06   #5491
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
In a tier 3 city like Kochi, general service cost comes around 4800 to 7500 INR for odd and even multiples of 10,000 km. Ofcourse major service at 60,000 km was costlier. The rates are little bit on the higher side but not terribly overpriced; more or less in line with what we used to pay for our Swift diesel. Agree that Skoda's may be cheaper considering the 15k service intervals. My experience with the Service Center has been fantastic so far- probably because I invest on building relationships for mutual benefit
Agree on the comparison with Swift. @ 30K the total maintenance cost of my Duster is actually slightly less than that of my old Swift Diesel. The renault service center at Kochi is also pretty decent. Service quality is comparable to Maruti.

What is worrying is the ongoing service cost after the vehicle cross 50K kms or so. Some of the service bills posted here are really scary.
DieselLover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2016, 14:26   #5492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Agree on the comparison with Swift.

What is worrying is the ongoing service cost after the vehicle cross 50K kms or so. Some of the service bills posted here are really scary.
I also agree with its comparison to a Swift, but we don't have a reliable service center in Bangalore. The brake pads wear out is a global issue now and no longer restricted to India.
Old 24th November 2016, 14:45   #5493
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I also agree with its comparison to a Swift, but we don't have a reliable service center in Bangalore. The brake pads wear out is a global issue now and no longer restricted to India.
Given the numerous niggles you had to face, do not visit the service center for any changes apart from the consumables required for periodic changes as mentioned in the user-manual. This is just to ensure that the warranty is not voided.
But, I am afraid you have to spend sometime in searching for the best FNG in bangalore and a place from where you could source the genuine renault spares to resolve the rest of the issues.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2016, 09:05   #5494
BHPian

will be booking a RXl in silver in the next couple of days.
Currently trying to process all the documents for the loan. would be paying downpayment of 5L and taking the rest as a loan from SBI.

I am being offered a RXL at 12.45 on road including registration and seat covers plus rear view camera in Vishakhapatnam.

Is this a good deal?

Oh and btw just cancelled the booking for Scross zeta last week after some issues with NEXA.

Tried posting the same in the 2016 facelift thread but to no avail.
Can any of the existing duster owners comment on the same please.
Old 30th November 2016, 09:20   #5495
Senior - BHPian

Hi Vamsi, what is the month of manufacturing? If you find it to be a April or May 2016 model, ask for higher discounts. The dealer may be pushing off old vehicles from his stock. This will be a fair deal if the vehicle is not from April or May batch.
Old 30th November 2016, 17:07   #5496
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Vamsi, what is the month of manufacturing? If you find it to be a April or May 2016 model, ask for higher discounts. The dealer may be pushing off old vehicles from his stock. This will be a fair deal if the vehicle is not from April or May batch.
Thanks. I just checked with the Sales guy and the VIN has the manufactured date of August and the date of dispatch from the factory is September.

Oh yeah i forgot to mention that i am also getting an extended warranty till 4 years/80000kms included in this quote as well along with the basic accessories like mudflaps, carpets, perfume etc.,

He did mention the warranty has 24X7 road side assist included as well.

The dealer also offered front and back bull bars as well which i gently rejected and asked for rear view camera instead.

Last edited by vamsi2390 : 30th November 2016 at 17:18.
Old 30th November 2016, 23:16   #5497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
Thanks. I just checked with the Sales guy and the VIN has the manufactured date of August and the date of dispatch from the factory is September.
HI Vamsi. It sounds like a good deal. Even the one I booked is August manufactured and dispatched in September. So I guess most of Dusters were manufactured in August and then dispatched to the dealers during the month of September. Do post your experience with the dealer. Wishing you happy miles ahead
Old 4th December 2016, 17:51   #5498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
HI Vamsi. It sounds like a good deal. Even the one I booked is August manufactured and dispatched in September. So I guess most of Dusters were manufactured in August and then dispatched to the dealers during the month of September. Do post your experience with the dealer. Wishing you happy miles ahead

So, i have booked a RXL Duster on December 1st it being a good day.
We are getting the vehicle on 09th December.
I have to drive it all the way to Bangalore which is 1000kms on 11th and 12th
(doing it in 2 days).

I will be in Bangalore till Jan mid and hence getting the car over here as i can leave along with my luggage to Hyderabad.

any link to duster's(FGT dCi) run-in instructions (speeds) would be really appreciated.

I will try to cover atleast 300 to 400 kms before starting to Bangalore just to check that everything is good.
Old 4th December 2016, 17:59   #5499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi2390 View Post
So, i have booked a RXL Duster on December 1st it being a good day.
We are getting the vehicle on 09th December.
I have to drive it all the way to Bangalore which is 1000kms on 11th and 12th
(doing it in 2 days).

I will be in Bangalore till Jan mid and hence getting the car over here as i can leave along with my luggage to Hyderabad.
HI Vamsi. It seems like we are sailing in the same boat. I am picking up my Duster on 10th December. Will be driving back to Srinagar which is around 1000kms. Then moving back to Gurgaon in next 10 days. The run in period is around 1000kms IMHO. Best of luck for your dusty. Let's stay in touch further
rajamuneeb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 21:54   #5500
Senior - BHPian

Getting my Duster RxL 85 PS from Ahmedabad on 09 December 2016. The December discounts make this purchase a real VFM. The discounts are upto 1.20 Lakhs depending on the model and variant.
TaureanBull is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2016, 22:40   #5501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
HI Vamsi. It seems like we are sailing in the same boat. I am picking up my Duster on 10th December. Will be driving back to Srinagar which is around 1000kms. Then moving back to Gurgaon in next 10 days. The run in period is around 1000kms IMHO. Best of luck for your dusty. Let's stay in touch further
It feels so good to know that we are on the same boat

I will PM you as well.

All the very best for your dusty and the journey as well.
Old 5th December 2016, 11:15   #5502
Senior - BHPian

One of my friend's relative has been offered 1 lakh discount on Duster Adventure Edition in Bangalore on Saturday.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 17:54   #5503
BHPian

Quote:
One of my friend's relative has been offered 1 lakh discount on Duster Adventure Edition in Bangalore on Saturday.
That is a pretty good deal. Could i ask you which variant it was for?
Old 6th December 2016, 10:27   #5504
Senior - BHPian

This is on 85PS and 110PS, RXL and RXZ variant as per the information, in Mysore there is a discount upto 90K on 85PS RXZ variant.
Old 6th December 2016, 11:01   #5505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by artrocious View Post
My duster did the same. Only one horn blows when dual should blow. It was patchy at first, now consistently only one blows.
I just pulled out the horn switch on the steering wheel and put it back again. Never faced any issue after that. Must have been an assembly issue.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks