Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2018, 09:54   #4501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
When you say turbo lag, do you mean it is not pulling cleanly even from 1700-1800 rpm !? I guess EGR issue usually translates to a engine check light; 14.5K sounds too less of a distance for it to be clogged. If that's not the case then check for oil leakage from the turbo. You could also check the engine oil level, to see if it's too low, depending on when you did your last oil change. If you drive in very dusty env, then air filter could be a suspect; guess it'd be better to have it checked before you take the trip.

CHEERS!

Thanks.
It would be my first oil change in the next service. I will check for oil levels. If the level is normal then the chances for oil leakage would be nil?
I travel in a bit of dusty areas. Will also check for air filter.

I checked my oil level and it shows half way reading. I also checked around turbo, there was a bit of leakage. Attaching the picture. Please suggest if the amount of leakage is normal or for any major concern as I am travelling next week. I will get it cheked on my return on the second service due in 1st week December.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-b9a0b0411eea43bebebcb911fb847709.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 17th November 2018 at 14:57. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your previous post if re-posting within 30 minutes. Thanks.
Old 31st December 2018, 17:36   #4502

Re: Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

After 4.5 years and 112000 kms, I finally decided to go for seat covers. Well, you may be wondering why I didn't go for it right after buying the car. Actually, I just loved the OE black/beige combo so much that I thought it'd be a crime to cover it. Anyway, since the original seats were looking kind of worn out, I decided to go for a PU leather in single colour (Beige) to match the door and dash panels. So began the search and I went to a number of car accessories shop nearby however, I couldn't the 'perfect' one as I found most of the designs in the market had too much 'bling' and I'm kind of old fashioned and prefer simple designs. After numerous visits to almost all the shops around Gurgaon, I landed up at Autozone in Sector 14 and met the proprietor,Gagan Batra who after patiently listening to my requirements pulled out the perfect design - a black/beige OE design in PU leather, Hallelujah! Also, it was from Autoform, a reputed brand which I used previously in my Honda City and was very satisfied with its quality. So, without a thought I asked him to start the installation process. I was very satisfied with the work done by his team and would certainly recommend Autozone to our members. Here's the final look...
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7899.jpg  

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7902.jpg  

rajasitlhou is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 17:57   #4503
BHPian

Hi guys

Need some help. I need to escalate a terrible experience I've had with one of the Tata Service Centers. Could you guide me on the best possible way to make myself heard by Tata? I've tried DMing the Tata Motors Twitter handle but like all other official handles its managed by some agency who don't seem to care. Im sure even their official email/Phone No. Will also end up being managed by 3rd party. How can I get in touch with someone who matters?

Thanks In Advance!
Old 29th January 2019, 18:24   #4504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
Need some help... How can I get in touch with someone who matters?
The best way would be to share it here on the forum; if the problem is singularly unique, start a new thread. Else, use an existing one.
dailydriver is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2019, 19:24   #4505
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyguy View Post
How can I get in touch with someone who matters?
What are you facing? What has been done so far? What has been the response?
Old 5th March 2019, 14:18   #4506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Last Sunday while driving from Mysore to Bangalore, post negotiating a series rumbler strips/humps the car started severe vibrations and metal clanging noise from the under body. Called Emergency Helpline and got the car to Urs Kar , Hebbal where it was diagnosed as a damaged TVD.

My car is a Storme Dec 2013 model, 77K driven

Quick question, is anyone aware of any known issues with the TVD ?
On the forum i can see a couple of posts where it was changed under warranty and AMC. I have written to TML and awaiting a reply on this.
In my 2014 Aria service manual, TVD change is suggested at 60K KM. I think Storme should also be having similar service schedule.
abhijeetp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2019, 10:28   #4507
BHPian

TVD changed in my storme last week as part of the 60k service.
Need one more information. Is there any wheel dealers in Bangalore who source Storme OEM alloys at a good deal ?. Checked in concorde, they don't have stock and price is also high.

Last edited by BulZire : 6th March 2019 at 10:37.
Old 6th March 2019, 14:28   #4508
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Is there any wheel dealers in Bangalore who source Storme OEM alloys at a good deal ?. Checked in concorde, they don't have stock and price is also high.
My suggestion is a trip to JC road. The Storme is a rare animal and it's alloys, even more so. The other option you can explore is to fit the Aria's alloys on it like TML has, since late last year.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 09:11   #4509
Senior - BHPian

Saw a 2 tone Safari Storme in Bengaluru today. Is this the regular one or a new one? Sorry for the glare in the pics.
Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_1494.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_1495.jpg

Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_1496.jpg
Old 26th March 2019, 09:38   #4510
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Saw a 2 tone Safari Storme in Bengaluru today.
Must be the LX version. LX comes with non-painted cladding.
Old 25th May 2019, 20:52   #4511
Senior - BHPian

Did Tata discontinue the Safari 4x4 version ? Rushlane says it is now discontinued.

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-safari...11507.html/amp

Is there a 4x4 version other than the VX 4x4 ? If this is true , then it is the death of an icon.
Old 25th May 2019, 21:01   #4512
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
Is there a 4x4 version other than the VX 4x4 ? If this is true , then it is the death of an icon.
Only the Storme VX 4x4 was part of the line-up. If they have stopped only the 4x4, then Tata does not have any 4x4 in their line-up, except for the Armed forces.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 23:18   #4513
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
then it is the death of an icon.
Not really. Instead of just being fancy. Or rather ‘different’ from the usual Mahindra 4WD’s or Gyspy , they never had anything special to offer.

I have never seen one praised for its 4WD capability. Well, may be except for the fact that it’s rare (like an underselling model) , has a certain snob value among 4WD collectors.
dhanushs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 07:38   #4514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Not really. Instead of just being fancy. Or rather ‘different’ from the usual Mahindra 4WD’s or Gyspy , they never had anything special to offer.
But that capability was an integral part of brand safari. It was the 'Make your own road' campaign that gave it the cult following.
padmrajravi is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2019, 13:29   #4515
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did Tata discontinue the Safari 4x4 version ? Rushlane says it is now discontinued.

https://www.rushlane.com/tata-safari...11507.html/amp

Yes its being discontinued along with a few Bolt & Zest trims.
I'm actually a bit surprised that they are not calling it curtains on the Safari brand altogether with it. This would leave only the EX and VX4x2 versions on sale. I don't think there are enough takers to justify an assembly line any more.

In today's business oriented era, its a pleasant surprise of course to see someone is ready to keep on delivering for those few purists that prefer a brute machine over a gizmo loaded soft roader.
I guess that's because most of the assembly line & parts will be needed for the Army spec Storme production & maintenance.

Time for the enthusiasts to snap up those last few remaining 4x4 Varicor400 VX Stormes . I wish I could save enough for one. Been trying since a decade but never made it & now never would.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks