Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 13:28   #3361
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmehta View Post
Yes, I know many. There's a company called DHC that makes radio steering interfaces for all cars.

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...07406026,d.dGY

Have a look ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
I have a pioneer 7 inch touchscreen unit in my Vento, using DHC pro steering control interface and it works perfectly. Its been 2 years and i have not faced any issues so far.
Thank you so much. Finally i think i have found what i was looking for. I wanted to install the JVC KWV41BT but wasn't very sure about the steering controls.So was planning to switch to Dynavin N6 but spending 50k for a head unit just seems a bit to much to me. The JVC costs just about 20k so that is some saving for me .

So where to buy this steering control interface and what is the cost. I have mailed them regarding the same.
Old 15th November 2015, 21:12   #3362
BHPian

I'm planning to buy a Polo GT TSI (White color) car and I have got following quotes from the dealers in Hyderabad:

1. Mody Auto India Pvt Ltd
Ex-Show room : 8,49,819
Life Tax : 1,19,224
Insurance : 32,493
Incidental charge :6,900
Permanent Registration charges : 3,000
3rd and 4th year warranty : 13,231

2. VW, Somajiguda (PPS Motors)
Ex-Show room : 8,72,948
Life Tax : 1,22,465
Insurance : 28,500
Incidental charges : Waived off
3rd and 4th year warranty : 13,231
Permanent Registration charges : 3,500
Internal discount (Accessories) : 11,000

This will be company leased car, hence company will choose the dealer who quotes the best price. Mody Auto offered 23,000/- discount on the ex-show price. Insurance price does not matter for me as it is provided by our company. I have also got the confirmation that the car will be an updated Polo GT TSI with cruise control, cooled glove box etc. I bought a Flash Red VW Vento from PPS motors in 2012, the booking and delivery experience was good.

How good is Mody Auto ? Please provide your feedback.
Old 16th November 2015, 16:57   #3363

Quick update on the new GT TSI.

Got a taste of VW spare parts today.
Wife damaged the RH ORVM yesterday when reversing.
The entire assembly needs to be replaced.

Cost of RH ORVM assembly approx Rs. 9000/-
Labor approx Rs 300/-
The unit is on back order and may take up to 15 days to arrive.

So all of you who have the electric retractable mirror with indicator please be careful. The new unit does not swivel backwards like the older units.
Even a touch from a 2-wheeler can damage the assembly.

VW, for all your German engineering, could you guys not figure out how to make the new mirror swivel backwards? Shame on you.

Cheers,
Raghu
raghu_blr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 22:50   #3364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghu_blr View Post

The entire assembly needs to be replaced.

Cost of RH ORVM assembly approx Rs. 9000/-
Labor approx Rs 300/-
So all of you who have the electric retractable mirror with indicator please be careful. The new unit does not swivel backwards like the older units.
9k for a single ORVM Raghu??

That is a serious rip-off from VW. And what's more, this comes with an added benefit of:

Easily Damageable but Tough to Replace

P.S - At times, I wonder if technology and simplicity can ever go hand in hand.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 16th November 2015 at 22:51.
Old 16th November 2015, 23:46   #3365
BHPian

Quote:
Quick update on the new GT TSI.
=======
Cheers,

Raghu

Don't know about the cost, but, I have the new gt tdi with the retractable mirrors, and they do swivel back Raghu. Will try attaching a picture tomorrow.
Old 17th November 2015, 09:55   #3366
BHPian

Every time I look at my new GT manual or flip to any page my mind goes through different feelings; frustration, anger sometimes I can't control my laugh. Every alternate page VW reminds you what you don't get after spending 10 big ones
Looks like they are dishing out same manual to Polo, Vento and Jetta owners. Common VW India you can be better then this!! Please don't look for cost cutting in every possible way

Quote:
Even a touch from a 2-wheeler can damage the assembly.
My car is Aug manufactured with added features, I guess yours is even newer. Mirrors should back fold, check again.

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-img_20151117_085404.jpg

Last edited by BlueEyes : 17th November 2015 at 09:59.
BlueEyes is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 14:08   #3367
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueEyes View Post
Every time I look at my new GT manual or flip to any page my mind goes through different feelings; frustration, anger sometimes I can't control my laugh. Every alternate page VW reminds you what you don't get after spending 10 big ones
VW manuals have always been like that, everywhere. I felt the same thing reading my Golf manual in London, in 1990.

But isn't this backwards-flipping mirror thing a basic safety thing? Maybe I'm stupid, but I thought all cars had it.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 16:00   #3368
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My car is Aug manufactured with added features, I guess yours is even newer. Mirrors should back fold, check again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
But isn't this backwards-flipping mirror thing a basic safety thing? Maybe I'm stupid, but I thought all cars had it.
Mine is September manufactured GT TSi, and I tried to back fold the mirrors and they would not budge. Does it require too much force to back fold the mirror? I feel I applied enough pressure and it should have folded if it had the feature.

Maybe this is one of those silent changes (the bad ones) VW usually makes!!!

Last edited by graaja : 17th November 2015 at 16:02.
Old 17th November 2015, 16:41   #3369

Our car is Oct 2015 manufacture, and the mirror doe not swivel back.
Do not attempt it. In fact the manual say not to fold manually inwards too.
If you are in a tight spot, there is no way you can fold only one mirror.

Real bummer that VW in the garb of "coolness" took away a very utilitarian feature.
Sometimes I wonder whether the people who dish out these decisions actually have driven on Indian roads and traffic.

Cheers,
Raghu
Old 17th November 2015, 18:42   #3370
BHPian

We just got the TSI, and boy, she is red hot! The car oozes quality, and it is hard to believe that I'm driving a 1.2L petrol, as pointed out in the review as well.

One of the features that I keep finding useful is that a long press of the lock button on the key fob automatically closes all open windows, pretty useful for a person like me who sometimes realises that I've left one of the windows open after walking away from the car.

One question I had: I found the rotary switch that we use to control the ORVMs pretty flimsy, I get the feel that it is going to come off any second. Is it just me or is the switch that way? Or am I using it wrong (Are we supposed to press and rotate it or something like that?). Also, while reversing, only one of the rear reverse light indicator is on, is it because the other one acts as a fog lamp (the way the front fog lamps act as cornering lamps?), or do we have a loose connection at the rear?
FanaticOnWheels is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 18:54   #3371
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanaticOnWheels View Post
Also, while reversing, only one of the rear reverse light indicator is on, is it because the other one acts as a fog lamp (the way the front fog lamps act as cornering lamps?), or do we have a loose connection at the rear?
Congrats on the purchase. Only one of the rear lights are reverse lights. The other can be switched on by pulling the headlight switch out twice (First pull for the front fog lamps and 2nd pull for the rear one).
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 19:04   #3372

@FanaticOnWheels

Welcome to GT-TSI club. Yes the engine/transmission combo and drive manners are great.

About the rotary switch, it is very down market. My 2 year old Vento TSI has better quality, only slightly. On my new GT-TSI that button scares me (kid gloves needed)
Do not attempt to fold mirrors inwards manually or backwards.
Sep-Oct manufactured vehicles have been reported to have a stubborn electric donkey instead of a mirror.

Reverse light is only one in number (normal)
The other is fog lamp.
Don't worry it is not a loose connection.

One more niggle I found was on the steering wheel.
The piano black around the buttons look great, but the finish at the edges could have been better. In my car, it does not seem to fit snug at the bottom.
Run you finger where the button-assembly latches on to the wheel spoke and you may notice what I observed in my car.

Enjoy the ride in your new car.
raghu_blr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th November 2015, 20:27   #3373
BHPian

Quote:
@FanaticOnWheels

Welcome to GT-TSI club. Yes the engine/transmission combo and drive manners are great.

About the rotary switch, it is very down market. My 2 year old Vento TSI has better quality, only slightly. On my new GT-TSI that button scares me (kid gloves needed)
Do not attempt to fold mirrors inwards manually or backwards.
Sep-Oct manufactured vehicles have been reported to have a stubborn electric donkey instead of a mirror.

Reverse light is only one in number (normal)
The other is fog lamp.
Don't worry it is not a loose connection.

One more niggle I found was on the steering wheel.
The piano black around the buttons look great, but the finish at the edges could have been better. In my car, it does not seem to fit snug at the bottom.
Run you finger where the button-assembly latches on to the wheel spoke and you may notice what I observed in my car.

Enjoy the ride in your new car.
Will check out the observation you had the next time I drive. While we were taking delivery, the SA ran us through a quick demo, and he manually folded the ORVMs inwards and said that it can be folded manually. I hope he knew what he was speaking about!
Old 17th November 2015, 20:47   #3374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by graaja View Post
Does it require too much force to back fold the mirror?
No, slightly little harder push would be enough. Similar force you would apply like in Swift.

Quote:
Maybe this is one of those silent changes (the bad ones) VW usually makes!!!
Tell me about it.
Did your car had needle sweep (dial celebration) activated out of the showroom? I guess I read it in your ownership thread. Other new owners can confirm this. My car did not come with this, I got it activated through VCDS.

Quote:
I found the rotary switch that we use to control the ORVMs pretty flimsy, I get the feel that it is going to come off any second. Is it just me or is the switch that way?
I posted exact same feeling about this flimsy knob few pages back. I thought I will get used to it but no. I have placed order for this ORVM adjusting knob, hopefully this new knob will feel better when I operate it. Even if it doesn't I will keep this for it's chrome finish
Old 17th November 2015, 21:06   #3375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Did your car had needle sweep (dial celebration) activated out of the showroom? I guess I read it in your ownership thread. Other new owners can confirm this. My car did not come with this, I got it activated through VCDS.
Yes. The car came with the dial celebration enabled. That was one of the pleasant surprises

Quote:
Will check out the observation you had the next time I drive. While we were taking delivery, the SA ran us through a quick demo, and he manually folded the ORVMs inwards and said that it can be folded manually. I hope he knew what he was speaking about!
I am sure the SA did not know what he was doing. When I took delivery of the car, the SA cautioned me not to manually fold the mirror (the same warning was given for the Jetta as well), which will damage the motorized mechanism.

Last edited by graaja : 17th November 2015 at 21:08.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks