Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2013, 12:30   #421
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Its not really fair to compare it to a City or a Vento for that matter either, since they are different segments, but still people are doing it. The A class and the Polo are intended for totally different segments, but I just wanted to show my below point.

My only point being, does the Polo seem that expensive now considering you get 80% of the A class at less than half the price. The Polo Tsi DSG is a big step in the right direction by VW.
Touche. Yes the Polo GT and the City/Vento are different segments and intended for different customers. We still compare their relative values at their respective price points.

Also I strongly believe you can price a Beetle at 20+ lakhs but not a Polo because it has been typecast as a 6-7 lakh regular hatchback. It is time we started paying for good technology !!
Old 7th May 2013, 14:24   #422
BHPian

I came across something on the Polo TSI eBrochure which I downloaded today. It has made me curious. Please have a look a page 3.

Polo TSI eBrochure

Quoting - From 'what if' to 'what next' in 6.1 seconds

Does anyone have any idea on what happens in 6.1 seconds? I didn't find anything which mentions this figure anywhere else. We know this cannot be the 0-100 figure, so is this a copy paste mistake from Polo GTI brochure somewhere else?
Old 7th May 2013, 14:39   #423
Team-BHP Support

Member s320l-e240 bought a TSI (actually 2) a few days ago. Today he had some issue with the brakes, and it turned out the front right disk was loose. It may not be restricted to his car only, so anyone buying a TSI do check this out. His dealer is checking all TSIs in stock.
Akshay1234 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:04   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tats07 View Post

Does anyone have any idea on what happens in 6.1 seconds? I didn't find anything which mentions this figure anywhere else. We know this cannot be the 0-100 figure, so is this a copy paste mistake from Polo GTI brochure somewhere else?
Its the 0-60 time for a Polo 1.2 TSI. The 0-100 time for the Polo GTI is 6.9 sec.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:21   #425

I had booked a Polo Gt Tsi with GOA dealership,but now I am confused as no extended warranty is available on the car.
Old 7th May 2013, 15:23   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Its the 0-60 time for a Polo 1.2 TSI. The 0-100 time for the Polo GTI is 6.9 sec.
0-60 stands at 6.1 and 0-100 stands at 11.34 (as per Autocar Review)?. Are you sure of this, I mean, is this official?
Old 7th May 2013, 15:30   #427
BHPian

Quote:
0-60 stands at 6.1 and 0-100 stands at 11.34 (as per Autocar Review)?. Are you sure of this, I mean, is this official?
6.1 is the official no. for 0-60 for 1.2 TSI. Though VW haven't given an official 0-100 no. in India, it is 9.7 sec for the 1.2 TSI available elsewhere. The autocar nos. are a little off, may be due to they calculated it with ESP on as its known to kick in if you try drag racing!
drpudhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 15:34   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
The reason I'm looking for an AT, is for my wife
Wife needs an automatic, you say? Man, that is reason enough to buy this one. Worth the kicks (pun intended).
johy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 16:21   #429
BHPian

Quote:
I came across something on the Polo TSI eBrochure which I downloaded today. It has made me curious. Please have a look a page 3.

Polo TSI eBrochure

It has got to be 0-60 time. Noticed something more glaring in the brochure, in page 6 they have described DSG as 'Dual' Shift Gearbox instead of Direct. This is while highlighting how bringing this box is a game changer and stuff. I think who ever came up with this brochure didnt believe in proof reading or maybe he/she was made to finish it during a weekend.

Btw guys, one more thing during my TD of Polo GT, we had encountered a problem which I wanted to share. I parked on the road side, moved the gearshift to P and got out to let my cousin drive it. When he tried to move it back by holding down the lock switch, the lever wouldn't budge, I tried couple of times as well, and then finally the driver who was with us during the TD had to use some strong-arm tactic to get it moving. Is this normal in a brand new car?
Can some autobox experts throw some light on this,please?

cheers,
D
Old 7th May 2013, 17:49   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
It has got to be 0-60 time. Noticed something more glaring in the brochure, in page 6 they have described DSG as 'Dual' Shift Gearbox instead of Direct. This is while highlighting how bringing this box is a game changer and stuff. I think who ever came up with this brochure didnt believe in proof reading or maybe he/she was made to finish it during a weekend.

Btw guys, one more thing during my TD of Polo GT, we had encountered a problem which I wanted to share. I parked on the road side, moved the gearshift to P and got out to let my cousin drive it. When he tried to move it back by holding down the lock switch, the lever wouldn't budge, I tried couple of times as well, and then finally the driver who was with us during the TD had to use some strong-arm tactic to get it moving. Is this normal in a brand new car?
Can some autobox experts throw some light on this,please?

cheers,
D
IIRC VW automatics may require pressing the brake to get out of P. Remember experiencing the same in Jetta / Beetle rentals in NA (may be wrong). May not be true for Indian models.
Old 7th May 2013, 18:08   #431
BHPian

Just received the following email from VW in response to my query regarding the DSG warranty:

Quote:
Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India!!

This bears reference to your following email regarding the Polo.

We would like to inform you that for the Polo GT TSi, the DSG system is covered under the 2 year warranty.

Warm Regards,
Customer Care
Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India
morphique is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 19:14   #432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

I parked on the road side, moved the gearshift to P and got out to let my cousin drive it. When he tried to move it back by holding down the lock switch, the lever wouldn't budge, I tried couple of times as well, and then finally the driver who was with us during the TD had to use some strong-arm tactic to get it moving. Is this normal in a brand new car?
Can some autobox experts throw some light on this,please? D
Very unusual, unless you were trying to move the gear lever without pressing the brake pedal. The car will not shift out of P or N without the brake pedal being pressed.
Hayek is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 19:36   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
IIRC VW automatics may require pressing the brake to get out of P. Remember experiencing the same in Jetta / Beetle rentals in NA (may be wrong). May not be true for Indian models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Very unusual, unless you were trying to move the gear lever without pressing the brake pedal. The car will not shift out of P or N without the brake pedal being pressed.
That must be it, I do it as a habit with a leg on clutch and another on the brake in a manual while cranking and moving into gear, that's why it worked fine when I drove. I have driven only civic and i10 auto before, didn't notice this, my bad.
Thanks guys. But what is shocking now is both the SA( who proudly told me about his specific training for this vehicle) and the driver who accompanied us didn't know or verify about the brakes. Instead full force was used to push the lever to N, I wonder what damage happened to the gear mode selector.
Old 7th May 2013, 21:25   #434
BHPian

Quote:
what is shocking now is both the SA( who proudly told me about his specific training for this vehicle) and the driver who accompanied us didn't know or verify about the brakes. Instead full force was used to push the lever to N, I wonder what damage happened to the gear mode selector.
If you can, then please Keep eye on that car for longer time and whenever you pass through that dealership after months, ask them if the DSG any damage in that car. It will give us idea of how the DSG gonna survive in the Polo
tbppjpr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2013, 21:46   #435
BHPian

I think in most automatics you can shift from D to N, or R to N, without pressing the brake pedal or even the shift lock. However, I am not very sure if you can budge the gear liver from N to D or R, will have to check tomorrow morning and update. In my City and the Jetta and Passat that I have driven, I think you can shift from S to D without even disengaging the shift lock but not vice-versa.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks