Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2013, 00:34   #451
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
I was looking for a car for my wife, mostly if its AT, as she was eating into my share of Punto, Polo GT TSI has come at a great time, as I was almost done with i20 AT, but not any more, going for a test drive tomorrow, lets see how it works out. Wanted to know what should I lookout for as I have not driven a car with DSG before, neither my wife. Still not sure what will be the landing price in Bangalore thanks to tax, but keeping my fingures crossed at max 9.6L, else it will be very tight..
If the basis is to ease the pain of syncing clutch & throttle for a relative newbie (sorry, I am making unfounded assumptions) I would think the i20 is a much nicer car. Suggest you get your wife to drive both back to back & decide. The TSI, I think, is more for enthusiasts. If your wife is an enthusiast check handling & whether she likes how the power is delivered.
Blr price is 9.87 including warranty & flaps/footmats. Will try & post price list scan.
Old 9th May 2013, 11:12   #452
BHPian

I have driven 110 km till now. The tank is not yet empty but MID shows FE of 11.2 kmpl. This is with 100% AC and completely in city B2B traffic.

Is there no seat belt not worn warning in this car? Can someone please confirm.

Talked with customer care about extended warranty and they said that they are in process of getting it ready. Will be offered shortly.

Last edited by drjanakpatel : 9th May 2013 at 11:17.
Old 9th May 2013, 11:17   #453
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post
Is there no seat belt not worn warning in this car? Can someone please confirm.

In the regular Polo's the indication comes once when not worn, but no warning or alarm!

Cheers!
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 11:19   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

In the regular Polo's the indication comes once when not worn, but no warning or alarm!

Cheers!
Is it a visual or audible indication?
Old 9th May 2013, 13:52   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,
I am not sure about the initial warning, but when the car crosses 80/100 it gives an audible sound, more like couple of beeps that's it. I wish it was more annoying like i20s, so people like my SA will use it all the time.

BTW, I have decided to go ahead and book it today. Just one issue though, I couldn't decide on the color as my primary choice is not available. After our Accent, definitely don't wanna go for black, so what do you guys recommend Red or White?

Cheers,
D
Old 9th May 2013, 13:56   #456
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Initial warning is visual!

Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta5 View Post
Hi,
I am not sure about the initial warning, but when the car crosses 80/100 it gives an audible sound, more like couple of beeps that's it. I wish it was more annoying like i20s, so people like my SA will use it all the time.
The audible sound is of more of a chime, the same thing as when driving through with ther park brake on!

Cheers!

Last edited by moralfibre : 9th May 2013 at 21:29. Reason: Back to back posts. Please use EDIT / Multi-quote.
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:19   #457
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I have decided to go ahead and book it today. Just one issue though, I couldn't decide on the color as my primary choice is not available. After our Accent, definitely don't wanna go for black, so what do you guys recommend Red or White?
Congratulations on your booking. Personally I always like silver colour (or grey), but in this case the choice is limited to red, black and white, my suggestion will be the signature shade for Polo/Golf – Red
vb-saan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 14:28   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,I am not sure about the initial warning, but when the car crosses 80/100 it gives an audible sound, more like couple of beeps that's it.
This must be a over speed warning. In Fiat cars with My Car (A feature) function, you can set a speed limit. When you cross the set speed limit, you get a audio visual warning.

As for seat belt warning, I am sure there would be a indication on the instrument console. Most cars have this.

Did you look at the MID when you heard the beep sound? It should tell you what it is.
Old 9th May 2013, 15:24   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
This must be a over speed warning. In Fiat cars with My Car (A feature) function, you can set a speed limit. When you cross the set speed limit, you get a audio visual warning.
Did you look at the MID when you heard the beep sound? It should tell you what it is.
Hey Sandeep,
Thanks for the info. I did not check out the MID, but it is possible that it was a speed warning, will be visiting the showroom today, maybe will do one more TD and check it out. I was in such a hurry during my TD, i only had time for a drive and didn't check out anything else.
I was the one supposed to get a cake to a birthday party and instead I was hanging out inside the showroom, waiting for the TD car to arrive and hence the rush.

Maybe our new owners can throw some light on this.
cheers,
D.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:07   #460
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Congratulations on your booking. Personally I always like silver colour (or grey), but in this case the choice is limited to red, black and white, my suggestion will be the signature shade for Polo/Golf – Red
It is very disappointing that VW offer only 3 colour options. A silver Polo GT with red accents (grille, calipers et al) would have looked trick. The red seems to be the best best for now.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 16:23   #461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
It is very disappointing that VW offer only 3 colour options. A silver Polo GT with red accents (grille, calipers et al) would have looked trick. The red seems to be the best best for now.
Indeed! I mean, no leather seats, no 60:40 split rear seat, no 3-point seatbelt for the rear middle passenger etc. can be attributed to cost-cutting, but really don't get the logic in limiting the colour choices.
Old 9th May 2013, 16:36   #462
Distinguished - BHPian

IMHO, if VW wanted to project GT TSI as a hot hatch and attract young entrepreneurs and executives with its "sporty tag" they should have come up with these colors

Lemon Yellow (Same as in Laura vRS)
Aqua Blue (Same as in Fiesta 1.6S)
Dark Grey (This popular shade offered by almost all manafacturers now)
Silver (Another popular color for enthusiastic drivers)

Buyers who are even more specific will modify it further by adding alloys, leather with some body add-ons to make it look really an hot hatch
mobike008 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 18:41   #463

Hi all,

I had written to VW regarding the DSG warranty confusion. Got a reply from them today and I am pasting it below.

"Greetings from Volkswagen Passenger Cars India!!
This bears reference to your following query regarding the Polo GT TSI. We would like to inform you that the DSG gearbox is also covered under the 2 year warranty offered for the car.
Currently, the extended warranty for the Polo GT TSI is under process and will be released to the dealerships once details are finalized.
This is for your information please.
Warm Regards,
Customer Care
Sales
Volkswagen Passenger Cars, India"
Old 9th May 2013, 18:53   #464
Senior - BHPian

This is bad news for prospective Polo TSI DSG owners when VW's spokesman makes comments like these, if true - VW’s DSG has problems with Asian climate and traffic; Recall initiated in Japan, China http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/v...-climate-75182 .

Last edited by dkaile : 9th May 2013 at 18:54.
dkaile is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2013, 19:25   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkaile View Post
This is bad news for prospective Polo TSI DSG owners when VW's spokesman makes comments like these, if true - VW's DSG has problems with Asian climate and traffic; Recall initiated in Japan, China http://indianautosblog.com/2013/05/v...-climate-75182 .
Just when I had thought I had finalised buying the GT. Now will have to look at amaze or i20 either of which I don't like :(

Simple reason, about which I was apprehensive before also, is that I cannot have DSG fail on me even with warranty. It will put the car OOO for too long and just in case VW shows its bad side, I will have to pay for it

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks