Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2013, 16:01   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Can we expect nearly same performance from Ecosport AT?
Nowhere near it. For once (and some times), Autocar is right. The GT TSI will smoke the Eco Sport AT. It has more to do with the engine than the gearbox. The Ford will take its own sweet time to build revs. The response is nowhere as good. It has nothing to do with the presence of a turbo charger on the GT. A NA engine can respond well. Ford seemed to have over done the tuning towards economy. A 90bhp Ford Ikon is more responsive than the 1.5l engine in the Eco Sport AT.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:40   #992
Senior - BHPian

Hmmm.... That is too bad for Ecosport. I think it falls in no man's land then. Anyway, coming to Polo TSI, is it close to Laura diesel DSG in flash shifts and manic acceleration? Sorry for sounding like a VBOX but I got to know. Want to know where it stands in the list of cars with hooligan acceleration.
Old 18th July 2013, 16:51   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Anyway, coming to Polo TSI, is it close to Laura diesel DSG in flash shifts and manic acceleration? Sorry for sounding like a VBOX but I got to know. Want to know where it stands in the list of cars with hooligan acceleration.
I am sure it will be as fast in shift timings for the gear box. I won't comment on the Laura as I have never driven one. It is quite easy to tell though on which one will win the hooligan acceleration battle. The Laura has the additional engine capacity and massive power advantage. The cars should not be compared. If power is your priority, the Laura Tsi it is.

Hooligan acceleration results
1. Laura Tsi
2. GT (Wins beside the Fiat due to that brilliant gearbox)
3. Rapid Diesel
4. T Jet (The new pricing sure makes it the sweetest deal around)

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 18th July 2013 at 16:54. Reason: Had to add another car
sandeepmohan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st July 2013, 23:01   #994
BHPian

@Current GT TSI owners. Any news of the extended warranty? I find it surprising that this seems to be the only model in their portfolio without it. Any updates will be appreciated.
Old 22nd July 2013, 08:14   #995
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
@Current GT TSI owners. Any news of the extended warranty? I find it surprising that this seems to be the only model in their portfolio without it. Any updates will be appreciated.
I love this car but this is my fear too, if the DSG goes bust I suspect it will cost upward of a lakh to replace.. what is the warranty, known reliability? Is VW willing to disclose the present replacement cost of a DSG?
gsurya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:04   #996
BHPian

Just beaten ARAI's mileage claim of the GT, I got 18.4 KMPL on NH1 with light foot driving and hovering between 80-100 kmph.
Berry is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:09   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
Just beaten ARAI's mileage claim of the GT, I got 18.4 KMPL on NH1 with light foot driving and hovering between 80-100 kmph.
How many KMs have you done in the GT so far? It would be great to hear your experiences on the drive, service cost et al.
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:32   #998
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berry View Post
did you fill in fuel or was it the claimed digital reading?
Old 22nd July 2013, 12:37   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contrapunto View Post
How many KMs have you done in the GT so far? It would be great to hear your experiences on the drive, service cost et al.
The Drive was effortless and since the RPM always stood lower than 2K while touching 100 kmph which made the drive very silent and efficient.

I have clocked just 1100 kms so far so I expect better performance and efficiency in the longer run.

Not aware about any service costs yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babhishek View Post
did you fill in fuel or was it the claimed digital reading?
Both ways actually, I know it tends to differ but the difference was negligible of about 0.12 kmpl.
Old 23rd July 2013, 14:46   #1000
BHPian

Just got a call from my SA who said that all deliveries of GT have been put on hold and my booking amount would be refunded. He is still trying for me as I happen to among the initial lot who have booked the vehicle. Just can't believe it. Anybody else who have received anything of this sort?.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:05   #1001
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Just got a call from my SA who said that all deliveries of GT have been put on hold and my booking amount would be refunded. He is still trying for me as I happen to among the initial lot who have booked the vehicle. Just can't believe it. Anybody else who have received anything of this sort?.
Did he mention the reason for this hold up?
Old 23rd July 2013, 15:35   #1002
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjanakpatel View Post

Did he mention the reason for this hold up?
Looks like capacity issues. I was on a conference call when he called , so could not talk much. Would be talking later in the day and hopefully it would be clear. Looks like VW did not expect such a rush for GT bookings.
thiagust is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2013, 09:23   #1003
sdh
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiagust View Post
Looks like VW did not expect such a rush for GT bookings.
I think the number of bookings are dismissal and that is why they are not able to produce. I assume some minimum amount of cars need to be produced in a batch and if the booking number is less than that, VW will have difficulties in changing the production line to TSI. I have not heard of any deliveries since the initial batch is exhausted and every time you talk to dealer, the waiting period increased by few weeks.
Old 24th July 2013, 10:42   #1004
BHPian

I had to change my preference of color from black to white since waiting for black has gone upto 7 months

Btw ,since launch about 127 units have been booked/sold pan india , i am hoping to get the candy white within the next few days-its in transit (my booking date was June 10)

Big shout out to fellow tbhpian hyd_traveller for helping accelerate the delivery process

No extended warranty details as yet ,so its the standard 2 years for now

Last edited by Rajesh Rawal : 24th July 2013 at 10:46.
Old 24th July 2013, 12:36   #1005
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh Rawal View Post
Big shout out to fellow tbhpian hyd_traveller for helping accelerate the delivery
Was there any escalation route which was taken to get the vehicle delivered earlier?.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks