Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 19:59   #3406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
Has anyone purchased the Polo GT TSi in recent time? Would you be able to share details of the OTR Price and offers if any?

I'm interested in the car and contemplating between a pre-owned 2013 model at around 6.5L or a 2016 model at 10L OTR Chennai.

Thanks.

I bought the GT TDI in November at sundaram motors chennai, for 10L on road, with B-B insurance and free accessories.
leprechaun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 23:02   #3407
BHPian

Re: Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Hi all, So I have been driving my GT TSI for almost 2 weeks now. Already clocked 920 kms.

These are the initial impressions.

I had changed the tyre to 205 straight from the showroom. I don't know how the stock tyres would have performed, but 205 has made the steering weigh better as well as grip corners like a leech. I can compare polo with only 2 other cars I have owned, an alto and a fluidic Verna and its far better than Verna in corners.

D mode - Good for the regular stop and go traffic and good upto 60 kmph, above 60kmph, once you floor the pedal, it thinks for few micro seconds or even a second like a confused baby, to make the decision and more time to do the action, making any quick critical overtaking a bit risky. Mileage of 15 - 16 km/l if driven very cautiously without much sudden acceleration in city with no traffic. Around 12 - 13 km/l with a decent foot inside city and around 4 - 6 km/l in the Bangalore B2B traffic.

S Mode - Good for sudden pickup in any gear, in any speed till 120 (I have not floored the accelerator beyond 120). Overtaking in highways without much risk. Also good for city drives where in we get a sudden small stretch after huge traffic jams in signals and all of us try to become Schumaker. S mode helps us to keep ahead of all the cabbies and shuttle services and to ensure we reach first in the next signal. The most awesome aspect about S mode is the mileage I am receiving. Even with the most possible heavy foot, trying multiple 0 - 100 sprints, I got around 12, very impressive (not in city, but in highway). So its the B2B traffic where this motor doesn't do justice. If I am right, my Verna used to give around 9 km/l in B2B traffic.

Triptronic mode - tried it, but Automatic has made me really really lazy. So left it.

Took the car to NICE road, tried 0 - 100 and I could easily get it just under 10 seconds in any attempt in S mode.

To anyone getting GT TSI, tyre change to 205 section is must. Not just for cornering, it helps in weighing up the steering nicely.
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 23:12   #3408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by petrol_power View Post
Hi all, So I have been driving my GT TSI for almost 2 weeks now. Already clocked 920 kms.

To anyone getting GT TSI, tyre change to 205 section is must. Not just for cornering, it helps in weighing up the steering nicely.
Hi,

How much will the swap cost?

Also can you please compare the GT TDI with yours? What are the pros and cons?
Thanks.
Old 30th November 2015, 23:23   #3409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi,

Thanks.
Hi, most of the shops will give 2500/- for Apollo Alnac and brand new tyre Yokohoma S drive 205 costs around 5600/- to 6000/- depending upon dealers. I changed it from Millivision in Bangalore.

I have never driven GT TDI, but I am an unhappy owner of diesel Verna (fluidic). Advantages of GT TSI - No turbo lag like in diesel, the engine sound of petrol is better than the truck like sound of diesels, NVH is far far better in petrol, and the auto gear box is a bliss in crowded traffic like in Bangalore. Cons being mileage, only mileage. The more torque available in GT TDI will be almost matched by the GT TSI by its brillinat gearbox, which downshifts and upshifts as and when required, keeping in powerband.
DSG just reads our brain and acts with much better output than our brain delivers. (Ok, that was exaggerated, but its too good).
Yes, the only time we wish we have a manual is if trying for a wheel spin in 1st gear. Otherwise in all other gears DSG does much better justice.
petrol_power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 06:20   #3410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc1686 View Post
Hi,

Thanks.

I was offered 3000/- for each of the apollo alnacs with the swap of the Michelin P3ST's 195/60 R15 which was around 6300/-, But a friend with a vento took the apollo alnacs for the same price - win win! I have a GT TDI and the P3ST's are just amazing, have it on my 325i too. The only con IMO is that they don't have a very sporty pattern
leprechaun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 10:07   #3411
BHPian

True, The Yoko S drives have a nice pattern.
Attached Thumbnails
Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review-dsc_0420.jpg  

petrol_power is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 10:39   #3412
BHPian

Quote:
D mode - Good for the regular stop and go traffic and good upto 60 kmph, above 60kmph, once you floor the pedal, it thinks for few micro seconds or even a second like a confused baby, to make the decision and more time to do the action, making any quick critical overtaking a bit risky.
Well, I too hit the flat pot some where near 60-80 a couple of times. Not too much of a concern as it hardly takes half a second to wake up from the lumber and start kicking again.

I think its not the engine, its the DSG which moves up too quick based on the pressure on the A pedal.

What happens is, if you are gentle on the A pedal you get to D7 as early as 60. The engine RPM is only around 1500. At any point if you release the pressure the rpm will fall further and on most times it will hold onto D7 depending on the load/incline etc. At this point, if you push on A pedal, it will try to accelerate in D7 itself (minor turbo lag). If you give a heavier push, it shifts to D6 and then the turbo wakes up earlier and you get moving again.

What I have learnt is to keep engine "on the boil", well technically "on simmer". If you give enough pressure on A pedal right from 50, you won't hit this issue.

I drove 100+ km on a median-less highway last week. Didn't face any issue with the "lag". Just make sure you are doing 1600+ rpm when overtaking. The S mode is a boon for quick and safe overtaking.

Last edited by freedom : 1st December 2015 at 10:40.
freedom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2015, 15:50   #3413
BHPian

Guys, what's the current waiting period for the GT TSI in Bangalore? Visited palace cross and the SA quoted 3-5 months. I do not want to believe that!
Old 1st December 2015, 18:11   #3414
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suraj25 View Post
Guys, what's the current waiting period for the GT TSI in Bangalore? Visited palace cross and the SA quoted 3-5 months. I do not want to believe that!
I got mine delivered 15 days ago. Palace cross quoted the same to me also, 2 months before. I guess volkswagen whitefield is quoting only 1 month, pl call and check. Elite motors quotes 1 - 1.5 months.
Old 1st December 2015, 19:55   #3415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Guys, what's the current waiting period for the GT TSI in Bangalore?
Hey Suraj, one of my cousin booked a Polo GT TSi last weekend from Palace Cross and he has been promised a delivery by early January '16

The catch here is that he is really no very particular about the shade and has give the Grey as a last preference.

Hope that helps.
Old 1st December 2015, 20:28   #3416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Hey Suraj, one of my cousin booked a Polo GT TSi last weekend from Palace Cross and he has been promised a delivery by early January '16

Quote:
I got mine delivered 15 days ago.

Thanks for the inputs! I asked him why such long waiting periods and the answer I got was that the TSI is an 'exclusive' car and that's the reason. Felt like hitting him on the head!
I'm in a fix guys. Got exams from next week and I have to pick between this and the abarth. Mind v/s heart.
Old 2nd December 2015, 07:53   #3417
BHPian

I guess there is no mind vs heart for Bangalore, if you can answer this single question.

Is this going to be used as your primary car (which means driving to office on daily basis) or weekend car?. The traffic in Bangalore has become damn worse, with the government not able to do anything. Nowadays I am easily taking 3 - 3.5 hrs from Manyata tech park to electronic city in the evenings and this timing has been increasing only, NEVER reducing. So if its a daily drive, there is no mind nor heart, it has to be an automatic in Bangalore. If its weekend drive only, it has to be Abarth.
petrol_power is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2015, 08:09   #3418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the inputs! I asked him why such long waiting periods and the answer I got was that the TSI is an 'exclusive' car and that's the reason. Felt like hitting him on the head!
I'm in a fix guys. Got exams from next week and I have to pick between this and the abarth. Mind v/s heart.
I have booked a Vento TSI with them and he said for polo they have a backlog of 100+ (Not sure true or bluffing)

Who was the SA?
Old 2nd December 2015, 10:28   #3419
BHPian

Volkswagen Polo 1.2L GT TSI : Official Review

Quote:
I guess there is no mind vs heart for Bangalore, if you can answer this single question.

It's going to be my daily driver. I drive a manual Vento at the moment and though it gets very irritating at times, I don't think I'm desperate for an automatic. We do have an automatic at home which I use occasionally.
I'll take another TD today and make the call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
I have booked a Vento TSI with them and he said for polo they have a backlog of 100+ (Not sure true or bluffing)

Who was the SA?

The SA is Vikram. He told me the same about the backlog and that they receive only 7-8 cars a month.

Last edited by Suraj25 : 2nd December 2015 at 10:31.
Old 2nd December 2015, 12:52   #3420

Polo 1.2L GT TSI in Jaipur

Hello,

Wanted to know that will this DSG AT make sense in a city like Jaipur also? Or when we talk about AT being a boon in city traffic, we mean cities such as Bangalore, Delhi etc?

Also, can someone connect me to an owner of a GT in Jaipur?
Thanks.
Papillon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks