Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2013, 21:31   #5251
VBR
BHPian

Hi there!

I came to know that bhpians, "ecosport rules" and "johannskaria" have got their drls and the devil eye done by one Mr.Srinivas.

When I contacted Srinivas over the phone, I was quoted for about 38k for the same setup and he promised me a delivery time of 10 days. Now the thing is, is this price really worth it, or should I consider something like what bhpian "eco-doc" has done? Also, any idea as to where this could be done in Bangalore?

Thanks!
Old 31st October 2013, 22:15   #5252

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Wow Good job ecodoc
Great price too

Few questions.
1.can you please post some picture in day light, not able to appreciate the detailing.
2.regarding the first picture,what is the ragged edge in the right head lamp around the projector angel eye, noticable clearly on zooming., did u change the reflector of the light?
3.what is the colour temperature of the bulbs, please post a picture with bulbs on.
4.was everything OEM or was there any tampering ,as you mentioned red wire from going to to battery, it was not so in my case.Please be careful about electrical warranty, get the dealer on your side
Thanks man. Your post was the one that got me inspired me to get the mod done.
Will post the daylight pics tomorrow.
And yeah everything was socket to socket. No tampering of wires!
But can't say anything about the warranty. It's up to the dealer I guess. Car's still to go for the 1st service.
I've used 6000K. It gives pure white with slight bluish tinge towards the edge of the beam.
The ragged you are talking about is the reflection of light on the shroud of projector. The reflector is same. No changes. I didn't even get it smoked so I can go back to the original setup if required anytime!
Old 31st October 2013, 22:35   #5253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnair View Post
Newton's dent was covered by his hair. But for me it's right there. A dink in the center right above the ford logo. And no, it cannot be pushed back due to the reinforcements. I just dont feel like re-painting a new car. I will continue my quest for the bug guard and see whether it'll cover up my depression
Will a team-bhp sticker to cover it up do the trick? Is it positioned conveniently?
Old 31st October 2013, 22:47   #5254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
Thanks man. Your post was the one that got me inspired me to get the mod done.
But can't say anything about the warranty. It's up to the dealer I guess. Car's still to go for the 1st service.
I've used 6000K. It gives pure white with slight bluish tinge towards the edge of the beam.
The ragged you are talking about is the reflection of light on the shroud of projector. The reflector is same. No changes. I didn't even get it smoked so I can go back to the original setup if required anytime!

Good to hear it was not tampered, dont worry you are then safe regarding warranty.
My dealer, Mody ford appreciated the work as there was no tampering.

Regarding lighting go for 4300k or 5000k as it gives more lumens.
6000k just looks bright but does not give any output, you must have already experienced it,

I remember you said they used silicon(that would lead to leakages,) please ask them to use butyl sealants for headlamps.
Old 31st October 2013, 22:51   #5255
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hi there!

I came to know that bhpians, "ecosport rules" and "johannskaria" have got their drls and the devil eye done by one Mr.Srinivas.

When I contacted Srinivas over the phone, I was quoted for about 38k for the same setup and he promised me a delivery time of 10 days. Now the thing is, is this price really worth it, or should I consider something like what bhpian "eco-doc" has done? Also, any idea as to where this could be done in Bangalore?

Thanks!
Quote:
eco-doc source and car in the picture but quoting 36.5k
http://www.mxsmotosport.com/category.php?ids=217

Last edited by johannskaria : 31st October 2013 at 22:54.
Old 31st October 2013, 23:01   #5256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayBuddha View Post
Will a team-bhp sticker to cover it up do the trick? Is it positioned conveniently?
Ha ha..... not thought about that yet. Shall put up pics so that you will get an idea. Then you can give me further suggestions
Old 31st October 2013, 23:09   #5257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VBR View Post
Hi there!

Thanks!

Dear VBR,

Well I felt it is really worth it , loved his work and precision.As Johannskaria rightly put it as a piece of art-it really is
But again worthiness is subjective, I am a perfectionist so I like only perfect work everything else is secondary.

When we approached Mr. Srinivas he offered us two packages of different qualities and warranties
one was 25k the other was performance series for 38k.

As we had four cars he gave the performance series for 35k.

My suggestion has always been never to compromise on quality be it a scuff plate or a spare wheel cover,always remember you get what you pay for.

I think if you wait for few more months they will be all over the place and bangalore will definitely have it.
Old 31st October 2013, 23:32   #5258
BHPian

Took delivery of my ecosport 1.5D titanium yesterday.. today took a leave from office and took her for a ride

covered 150 kms
mileage - 17 km/l

pretty happy with the ride. stock music system is awesome... played a few country songs, soft rock, metal and could here the background score perfectly. Got Good years. Was so happy at the showroom that even the SA was happy to see my face. He had seen me cribbing about MRFs and till the last moment did not confirm the tyres. I missed out on the PDI (I know its a sacrilege to write this on a forum like this). However the odo was reading only 27 kms. Did the inspection then only and found everything perfect.

Gifted my SA Mr. Praveen a box of pedas. He is such a sweet gentleman. I had taken the delivery around 8:30 PM and exactly at 10 he called me to ask if I had reached home safely. I must say that he answered all my calls and gave proper replies and never even once said that he would call me back. Dealership was Metro Ford, ST. Marks Road, Bangalore.

Will start composing the ownership thread shortly. Want to write my entire experience from choices to hurdles to almost cancelling to finally getting it...

Here's a snap of my white beauty

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-1441339_10152073122678714_1325752911_n.jpg
Anand2712 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2013, 23:36   #5259
Senior - BHPian

Ecosport Owners: Kindly provide a review of the stock horn and headlights of your cars.

I have booked the base version and thinking whether fog lights are essential.
Old 31st October 2013, 23:50   #5260
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
Ecosport Owners: Kindly provide a review of the stock horn and headlights of your cars.

I have booked the base version and thinking whether fog lights are essential.

Congrats on you new acquisition
Stock horns can be changed to roots vibrosonic or hella (skoda like sound)
Fog lamps are useful as headlmps are pathetic.
Please refer to my previous posts for light upgrade options.
Old 1st November 2013, 09:07   #5261
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats on you new acquisition
Stock horns can be changed to roots vibrosonic or hella (skoda like sound)
Fog lamps are useful as headlmps are pathetic.
Please refer to my previous posts for light upgrade options.
Have anyone upgraded the horn from the stock ones?
Does Ecosport have single horn or dual. I am able to locate one which is easily accessible but not the other.
Old 1st November 2013, 09:10   #5262
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco-doc View Post
Yes buddy. These are the ones. As for the procedure, I am not the right person to guide you as the place where i got them installed insisted on doing everything under cover as it was their trade secret.

Basically you have to open the headlight assembly using a heat gun or oven. This is the most difficult part and i advise you to get it done professionally if you have not done this before.
Rest is simple. Placing the drl strip in the slot which i guess is already inside the headlight because it is sold with the drls in other countries.

It has three wires. One goes to the battery, one to the indicator and one to the parking lamp wire.

You have to seal the headlight again using silicon glue to make it waterproof.

But I seriously advise you to get it done from a person who knows such stuff if you haven't done it before, otherwise you might end up with headlights without drl to no headlights at all.
Just wondering if these can be used for ambient lighting as well? Stick them under the dash and wire it up with the interior dome light with a switch in between (to switch color maybe!).

How is the intensity btw? Will it be overtly bright for interiors?
Old 1st November 2013, 09:30   #5263
BHPian

Hi all who have done projector upgrade of their head lights. Can you throw some light on what happens to the headlight leveling system after the upgrade? Does it remain functional or not?
Old 1st November 2013, 09:37   #5264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Thank you for the wishes.

TMP price is not yet announced, as I am taking through company lease, I wanted to bundle the amount also through leasing as it will give me tax benefit. For Diesel new Fiesta the TMP for 3 years is 39K. So ideally Ecosport's TMP should not exceed this. So roughly around 30K I put it in the quotation.

DO you guys have an idea of Octane level of petrol funda ..?

Couple of points to mention.
  1. Don't go for rear spoiler, firstly it doesn't add any practical difference, secondly, the way they drill the holes on the doors are very wide.
  2. Make sure that people who are fitting the rear view camera got the training from Ford, otherwise they may drill the hole on the bumper and with that you will see almost 50% of spare wheel in the screen, especially when you have the Stepney cover
  3. Headlamp protectors will give you fog on the cover during rainy season when you put the headlight on. So in the areas where there are frequent rains, I will not recommend headlamp covers

Attaching the pictures as well
Can you attach some more pictures of the bug guard. It is not available with dealers here and I am not able to make my mind. Do they have to drill or alter the bonnet in anyway?
Old 1st November 2013, 10:20   #5265

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
Just wondering if these can be used for ambient lighting as well? Stick them under the dash and wire it up with the interior dome light with a switch in between (to switch color maybe!).

How is the intensity btw? Will it be overtly bright for interiors?
Yeah I think a tad too bright may be. And why do you want to go for such expensive light for the ambient light when options are available for as low as 500 bucks.
And moreover these lights are too fragile to be left exposed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techfreak View Post
Hi all who have done projector upgrade of their head lights. Can you throw some light on what happens to the headlight leveling system after the upgrade? Does it remain functional or not?
Yes it works perfectly as the projectors are plug and play. The projectors are fitted in the original reflector with the help of sockets which are specific for different headlights like h4, h7(h4 in case of ecosport). There is no tampering to the original reflector which now moves along with projector when the knob is turned.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks