Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th July 2014, 18:51   #7696
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIched'Out View Post
A strange thing happened today.
I'm wondering what would have caused such an incident? Is it possible that one of the wheels was jammed and on applying accelerator, it overcame that.
The brake pads would have got stuck to wheel after wading through water. It happens quite a bit. I prefer not to use handbrakes during monsoons, have suffered on a few occasions due to it.
Old 19th July 2014, 19:03   #7697
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
A strange thing happened today....I got into the car, started it and again same thing happened (left side rose slightly). Since I was getting late, I gave acceptor input and then the car started behaving normally. I drove it for about 25 Kms without any problem and just came home and rechecked the parking space for stones, obstructions etc but nothing was there....
Check again whether the issue repeats please. Did it also happen at any other place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
The brake pads would have got stuck to wheel after wading through water. It happens quite a bit. I prefer not to use handbrakes during monsoons, have suffered on a few occasions due to it.
While driving thru rain & moisture, it's a good practice to keep using brakes more as it heats up the pads and also assists with better braking in wet conditions.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 19th July 2014 at 19:05. Reason: Adding second quote.
Old 19th July 2014, 21:26   #7698
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Had spotted a fully camouflaged Ecosport near ITPL main road, last week. It was being driven like maniacs by the driver. Sorry couldn't take any pics.

Any new variant or upgrade is in the offering?
Old 19th July 2014, 22:39   #7699
BHPian

Quote:
A strange thing happened today. I had parked my EcoSport (AT) under covered parking since Tuesday night when I drove home from work (30Km, in pouring rain).
Looks like the traction control got switched on for some reason. Get the vehicle checked.
Old 20th July 2014, 00:45   #7700
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
some water which would have entered in the wheel system during my last drive in the pouring rain.
I've experienced this numerous times in other cars. It may be rust, or something, causing the brakes to bind. Once that "seal" is broken, all is fine. I don't consider it abnormal or anything to be concerned about.
Old 20th July 2014, 06:52   #7701
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Guys,

Had spotted a fully camouflaged Ecosport near ITPL main road, last week. It was being driven like maniacs by the driver. Sorry couldn't take any pics.

Any new variant or upgrade is in the offering?
From what I remember reading some time ago, the facelift is due only in 2016. But maybe they have some small cosmetic changes lined up for this year?
Old 20th July 2014, 09:00   #7702
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
How is the Ecosport AT on mountain roads & steep inclines? Does it have enough pull when vehicle is loaded?
I hoped somebody would answer that. Hasn't anybody driven the AT through ghats? Yesterday while I was driving with 3 people and a bit of luggage, I found that the car was struggling to keep momentum while climbing flyovers. But then, a tap on the accelerator made the gearbox downshift and things got better. I wonder how the car would behave in steep inclines.
blacksport is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2014, 10:54   #7703
BHPian

Test drove the ecosport today after an year (booked car on 22nd july 2013). Mostly positive impressions but the clutch in the test car was very heavy. Complained to the SA and took a TD of the new fiesta. The car definitely had a light clutch and offered better interiors and comfort. The car was a bit low slung and the better driving position of the ecpsport sealed it for me.

I wanted to know considering the 14k kms the test drive vehicle has done do anyone of you with 20k+ kms done on diesel have any problem with the clutch?

The SA was in a hurry to seek the car to me very different from my previous showroom visits (looks like the demand has eased quite a bit).
Old 20th July 2014, 12:10   #7704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_libran View Post
I measure the consumption of my 1.5 AT, over Rs. 3000 tank-ups.
The best I have logged so far, over approximately a 42 ltr fill, was 14.91 kmpl.
The worst I have seen so far, over approximately a 41 ltr fill, was 6.14 kmpl.

The average consumption till date is 9.42 kmpl, and that is because lately the car is exclusively being used in heavy stop go traffic only.

19 kmpl sounds to good to be true.
For my EcoSport AT, the best i got was 14.8 kmpl when i took it to Amby Valley near Lonavala last week in pouring rains. AC on 75% of the time on 250 KM return journey which was mix of Mumbai-Pune Expressway and some inclines/declines in the Ghats.
The worst i got was 7.3 kmpl during the initial run-in days. The average till date is 8.6 kmpl because most of my driving is within Mumbai with AC on all the time. All these readings are based on tankful to tankful method using HPCL petrol from COCO bunks.
19 kmpl is as rare as spotting another Ecosport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsurya View Post
How is the Ecosport AT on mountain roads & steep inclines? Does it have enough pull when vehicle is loaded?
Well it struggles a bit but gets the job done. The trick is to drive it in Sports mode-2nd Gear and shift to 1st, if required. Also, keep the rpms over 2k. The fuel efficiency will go for a toss but then you bought an SUV
TSIched'Out is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 07:02   #7705
Distinguished - BHPian

Love those alloys! The black cladding all around the car was painted white. Side looks good but didnt like the front and rear (maybe got used seeing the black cladding).
Attached Thumbnails
Ford EcoSport : Official Review-20140720_164543.jpg  

naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2014, 08:02   #7706
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post

I wanted to know considering the 14k kms the test drive vehicle has done do anyone of you with 20k+ kms done on diesel have any problem with the clutch?
Yes the clutch after a while has become a bit heavy but manageable. Only in heavy stop and go traffic its a bit of problem. Mine has done 17.5k
Old 21st July 2014, 20:11   #7707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Love those alloys! The black cladding all around the car was painted white. Side looks good but didnt like the front and rear (maybe got used seeing the black cladding).
What is that antenna at the back?
Old 21st July 2014, 20:48   #7708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Love those alloys!
Do you have any more pics of this car?
Old 21st July 2014, 21:32   #7709
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv0909 View Post
What is that antenna at the back?
That antenna is very common nowadays and just for cosmetic purpose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97_Octane View Post
Do you have any more pics of this car?
No other pics of the car. Will try and take it next time. But as I said it's fully white. The front sports a blue tow hook but the fender mirror spoils the look IMHO.
Old 22nd July 2014, 13:10   #7710
BHPian

Got a crude engine guard done. I call it crude because the fit and finish is of acceptable quality.
Details in my ownership thread
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3484931
sunilg33 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks