Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2014, 09:32   #8461
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford EcoSport : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Yes, it periodically starts indexing again. Also noticed couple of times that climate control didn't also remember the last setting and started blowing hot air. I think there is some bug in the sync system. Typically Microsoft issues, I guess. Hope ford had just stuck with regular system and controls instead of sync.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The ACC blowing hot air happens to me as well when I change back from defogging mode or if the outside temp like say in early mornings drops low and have internally kept the temp settings at say 24.

The indexing from start happens in my vehicle as well every now and then.
There's been two problems reported by others.
1) Recirculation mode not activated each time
2) ACC does not remember the last setting.

Well, I faced this issue before and here's what I follow and works without any problem.

ACC is set at 22 or 23 degrees. When I start the car, I directly press the AC button (no other actions needed as it remembers the previous position). Before I turn the engine off, I switch off the AC button and then the ACC OFF button. The recirculation mode will be in ON state. I used to directly switch off the ACC without switching off the AC first. I tried this method and recirculation mode works well and ACC remembers the previous setting. Of course, if there's a temperature difference, it will either blow hot/cold air at first but the temp setting will remain same. Try this and see how it works.

USB works fine for me as well. Plays from the position when the car was switched off. SYNC still runs on the factory version. I updated it once but reverted to stock setting as I found it to be buggy.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 30th December 2014 at 09:34.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:41   #8462
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
USB works fine for me as well. Plays from the position when the car was switched off. SYNC still runs on the factory version. I updated it once but reverted to stock setting as I found it to be buggy.
Can update be done by us or dealer has to do it? Any idea which is the latest version and which version do you have? I just want to compare with mine.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:53   #8463
BHPian

I was facing the below issue with my Ecosport Titanium TDCi:

On applying the brakes gently, there was a metal to metal rubbing sound which would penetrate through in the cabin.
On applying brakes with pressure and releasing it, there was a loud THUD noise everytime.

With the 10K servicing, brought up this issue with the SA and he got the disc and the brake pads cleaned.
Though the noise now was almost gone when the brakes were applied gently, the loud THUD noise was still present.

The floor supervisor took a test ride and confirmed that the disc and the pads will need a replacement under warranty.
Same has been carried out. I haven't driven the car yet, but whatever small distance I traveled from the showroom till my home, I did not hear any unwanted noises from the brakes.

The second issue which has happened for the second time now is as follows:
I was speaking using the Bluetooth Sync system and on disconnecting the call, the system froze (Hung). It kept showing the "Call ended" screen until the ignition was turned off and turned back on.
During this time, the system did not respond to any inputs and did not play USB/Radio/CD/AUX

Showed this to the SA and he confirmed that this might be a one of case. If this repeats again, the system software might need an update.

Has anyone faced similar issues?
Old 30th December 2014, 15:08   #8464
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
Can update be done by us or dealer has to do it? Any idea which is the latest version and which version do you have? I just want to compare with mine.
Here's my sync version.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-img_20141230_141924.jpg

You can download the latest version from Ford India website, copy those files onto the pen drive and install it. Register your car there and you will receive notification when there's an update.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 30th December 2014 at 15:10.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 16:05   #8465
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I was speaking using the Bluetooth Sync system and on disconnecting the call, the system froze (Hung). It kept showing the "Call ended" screen until the ignition was turned off and turned back on.
During this time, the system did not respond to any inputs and did not play USB/Radio/CD/AUX

Has anyone faced similar issues?
Exact same thing happened to me yesterday. Sync screen was frozen with the end call message but the music kept playing. However none of the buttons on the steering or dash was responding. Had to stop and restart the car to fix it.

Looks like lots of bugs in Sync. Typical of Microsoft. Glad this pos does control any safety or engine functions.
Old 30th December 2014, 17:42   #8466
BHPian

Dear Naveen,

Two quick questions, dying for answers:
1. I cant find download Sync software file in the Ford India website at all. Where exactly should I look for? I checked this link
https://www.secure.india.ford.com/sync/owner-login
and I cannot find the download link anywhere after the login.

2. How to revert back (downgrade) to factory version? Can you please help with the process?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Quote:
Here's my sync version.

Attachment 1322834

You can download the latest version from Ford India website, copy those files onto the pen drive and install it. Register your car there and you will receive notification when there's an update.
Old 30th December 2014, 17:55   #8467
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Dear Naveen,

Two quick questions, dying for answers:
1. I cant find download Sync software file in the Ford India website at all. Where exactly should I look for? I checked this link
https://www.secure.india.ford.com/sync/owner-login
and I cannot find the download link anywhere after the login.

2. How to revert back (downgrade) to factory version? Can you please help with the process?

Thanks a lot in advance!
1) Go to this link:
https://www.india.ford.com/sync/owner-landing and you will see this. Click and it will show whether an update is available for your ecosport.

Ford EcoSport : Official Review-screenshot_5.jpg

2) I got it done by the technicians when I went for service. Found the update to be buggy so decided to switch back. Dont know how good the latest update is. Keep us updated.

Last edited by naveen.raju : 30th December 2014 at 17:56.
naveen.raju is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2014, 17:56   #8468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAD View Post
That's correct Roy. Thanks for confirming what I have been experiencing & glad to know that I am not the only one.

The earlier automatics that I owned including Honda City 1999 & 2007 version + Hyuandai i10 never exhibited such behaviour. Is it something to do with the PowerShift Gearbox (Ford's answer to DSG Gearboxes)?

I plan to escalate this matter further to Ford and have the same resolved as I am sure this judder is not normal. Will keep this post updated.
I am also experiencing the occasional Judder on my 1.5P AT but it unfortunately never happens at the Ford workshop. I don't think its a very serious problem and it just needs getting used to.
Old 31st December 2014, 07:21   #8469
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd like a clarification from fellow owners: My dad is booking a Titanium diesel EcoSport and wants the official camera accessory installed. However, the people at Rajshree Ford (Coimbatore) say that adding the camera will deactivate the parking sensors. Is this true? I don't recall ever hearing of this, and as far as I know, there are people who use both the reverse camera and posting sensors.

I'm tempted to ask him not to fit it for the time being, and get it fitted in Bangalore sometime in the near future.
Old 31st December 2014, 08:11   #8470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I'd like a clarification from fellow owners: My dad is booking a Titanium diesel EcoSport and wants the official camera accessory installed. However, the people at Rajshree Ford (Coimbatore) say that adding the camera will deactivate the parking sensors. Is this true? I don't recall ever hearing of this, and as far as I know, there are people who use both the reverse camera and posting sensors.

I'm tempted to ask him not to fit it for the time being, and get it fitted in Bangalore sometime in the near future.

Hi Arun,

Camera wiring is noway related to parking sensors. The +12v is tapped from the reverse light wiring for the camera. Only relation or rather integration is with the red lines on the mirror assembly and the distance which sensors sense.

Thanks,
Ranjith
ranjithrnair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 10:27   #8471
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post

As mentioned by Ranjithrnair there is not connect to parking sensors. The parking sensors stay on along with reverse camera in my car. The only case in some cars where one disables the other is where the reverse camera transmits on parking sensor screen. Not the case here as reverse camera transmits on to new reversing mirror.
ACM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 10:53   #8472
BHPian

Another reliable source for Remapping EcoSport. For more info google for : https://gear heads.in/showthread.php?24519-Ecosport-TDCi-Remapped-by-CODE-6-Tuning-%93Evilsport%93

Last edited by ::CMS:: : 31st December 2014 at 10:58.
::CMS:: is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 13:23   #8473
Distinguished - BHPian

Useful Trick - SYNC for windows users

Windows phone with Cortana (personal assistant).
The great part is , you can invoke cortana using bluetooth call. So on sync, you can say call Cortana or Call Speech, it will invoke cortana on the phone, and then ask whatever you want your personal assistant to do, like setting a reminder, checking weather, sending text etc.

Basically you can control the personal assistant over sync bluetooth.

It speaks over car speakers. Network should be ON and GPS too (For cortana). Phone screen turns on during the call. If you say, "take me home", it will kick up navigation with turn by turn guidance.

Courtesy - Member from TAI

Last edited by naveen.raju : 31st December 2014 at 13:28.
naveen.raju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2014, 17:22   #8474
BHPian

Quote:
1) Go to this link:
https://www.india.ford.com/sync/owner-landing and you will see this. Click and it will show whether an update is available for your ecosport.

Attachment 1322843

2) I got it done by the technicians when I went for service. Found the update to be buggy so decided to switch back. Dont know how good the latest update is. Keep us updated.
Thanks for the link, and there were no updates available.
I am wondering if I could somehow get the old factory/stock file I could overwrite/update with the same.

I will keep technician option as last.
Old 31st December 2014, 17:25   #8475
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by penpavan View Post
Thanks for the link, and there were no updates available.
I am wondering if I could somehow get the old factory/stock file I could overwrite/update with the same.

I will keep technician option as last.
Try searching the net for the stock version but I advice you to reset it at the service station. It's a quick fix.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks