Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-81.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3389140)
Vento TSI Extended warranty is available now. 2 years extended warranty at a staggering price of Rs 41,000. This is just plain ridiculous. Also, I believe this does not include Road side assistance and you have to pay an additional 2-3K for the same. Please be aware of this if going for Vento TSI.

If you think 41k is ridiculous, Dodge asked me to pay INR 1.2 lakhs+ for a 2 year extended warranty, without road side assistance. That too at a time when 3 years 100k kms is standard warranty. All I got for my Charger was 3 years 60k kms. I guess 41k is reasonable for an extra 2 years peace of mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rg_chn (Post 3390565)
If you think 41k is ridiculous, Dodge asked me to pay INR 1.2 lakhs+ for a 2 year extended warranty, without road side assistance. That too at a time when 3 years 100k kms is standard warranty. All I got for my Charger was 3 years 60k kms. I guess 41k is reasonable for an extra 2 years peace of mind.

It depends on the fine print of what this Extended Warranty actually covers. Honda is selling an extended warranty of additional 2 years/40,000km for something like Rs.16,400/-. I guess the comment from neel911 was based on this comparison with what Honda is charging for Extended Warranty.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3389140)
Vento TSI Extended warranty is available now. 2 years extended warranty at a staggering price of Rs 41,000. This is just plain ridiculous. Also, I believe this does not include Road side assistance and you have to pay an additional 2-3K for the same. Please be aware of this if going for Vento TSI.

It is not 41K, but only Rs 17556 for 2 years

Quote:

Originally Posted by rg_chn (Post 3390565)
If you think 41k is ridiculous, Dodge asked me to pay INR 1.2 lakhs+ for a 2 year extended warranty, without road side assistance. That too at a time when 3 years 100k kms is standard warranty. All I got for my Charger was 3 years 60k kms. I guess 41k is reasonable for an extra 2 years peace of mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3390570)
It depends on the fine print of what this Extended Warranty actually covers. Honda is selling an extended warranty of additional 2 years/40,000km for something like Rs.16,400/-. I guess the comment from neel911 was based on this comparison with what Honda is charging for Extended Warranty.

That's correct. The comparison was more with Honda city Automatic.

Also, at least in Bangalore, Honda is giving 2 year (3rd and 4th year) extend warranty + Road side assistance for Rs 12,575 combined which I believe is really good.

However, I think there was a mistake by the person who quoted the price for Vento TSI's extended warranty on other thread earlier. Based on post below, it seems its available for much less.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ambadan (Post 3390587)
It is not 41K, but only Rs 17556 for 2 years

Good to know its not that bad. I believe they charge 3-4K over this for road side assistance right or is it included?

Went to deccan honda pimpri yesterday but no petrol test drive vehicle available yet.Spoke to SA he said they will get only a manual test drive car and not CVT.
Waiting period for a vmt petrol was quoted of about 2-2.5 months .
Have struck off sv cvt due to lack of paddle shifters.

There was some discussion about Honda not showing in the Brochure about non-availability of Paddle Shifts in the SV CVT.

I had downloaded the online brochure way back when the car was launched and the guys who made the above statement are absolutely correct about it.

Yesterday we had a road show in Millenium Business Park in Mahape, Navi Mumbai by Honda people alongwith the Hallmark Honda Dealer. They had brought in the City as well as Amaze for the people to take the Test Drive (Both Petrol & Diesel, Manual only).

I asked them for the Brochure. The Honda Guys gave me the official brochure and now this brochure actually shows a line item for Paddle shifts in the Variants Features section with Paddle Shift being shown only in VX Variant.

I am guessing HONDA must have learnt this omission and now have come out with a revised Variants features list.

Also, the Overall Sales manager of Hallmark Honda (Nerul & Thane Showrooms) was there in the roadshow. I showed all my frustration with regards to the Hallmark Honda Dealership and my experience with these guys. I told him that Hallmark Honda Dealership guys do not even bother to entertain the potential customers. When we go to the showroom, the sales guys would not even bother to get up and come to you to know what we are looking for. Is it us that need to go to the Receptionist and tell them what car we are looking for and all the stuff and then she will ask to wait till the SA comes and assists.

They are not even bothered to explain all the features of the car.

The Sales Manager at the Roadshow was like "We are extremely sorry sir for the treatment that you received and all blah blah."

In fact, this is the same treatment received by one of my office colleagues and this particular reason made us both go to a dealer which is about 10-12 KMs away from our residence rather than Hallmark Honda which is about 2-3 KMs away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3390700)
I asked them for the Brochure. The Honda Guys gave me the official brochure and now this brochure actually shows a line item for Paddle shifts in the Variants Features section with Paddle Shift being shown only in VX Variant.

So they did finally fix it. I see the updated brochure on Honda Site as well now. If you zoom in, you can make out that 'Paddle Shift' row was added later on. :)

One thing which they again missed out is mention of "L" gear on SV CVT which is not there in VX due to paddle shifters. :Frustrati

Link: https://hondacarindia.com/AllNewCity...tyBroucher.pdf

Got a call from SA that a white car is available right now if we want. Now the things is we can't take delivery before 1st April and I want it before 4th which is my mom's birthday.

So, have told him will be coming on Tuesday to do formalities for finance but will take delivery only on 1st or 2nd April.

Now my question is when is Pdi done? Is it when we are allocated the VIN or when?

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3390770)
Got a call from SA that a white car is available right now if we want. Now the things is we can't take delivery before 1st April and I want it before 4th which is my mom's birthday.

So, have told him will be coming on Tuesday to do formalities for finance but will take delivery only on 1st or 2nd April.

Now my question is when is Pdi done? Is it when we are allocated the VIN or when?

You can check the car first round at the Yard where they stock the cars but there the car would not be washed/polished and you wont be able to check electricals. You can definitely get an idea of the tyres and the exteriors. I did the PDI on the date of delivery - there was no separate slot provided before that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3388735)
Looks like its still in the Assembly Line, you need to check with the MODS on moving it.


I can't access the review. Is it still in assembly line?

MID is showing an AVG FE of 18.0 - 18.8 with AC on during my to and fro drive to office. Is this for real ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3390795)
You can check the car first round at the Yard where they stock the cars but there the car would not be washed/polished and you wont be able to check electricals. You can definitely get an idea of the tyres and the exteriors. I did the PDI on the date of delivery - there was no separate slot provided before that.

Aren't we supposed to do PDI before delivery date so if there is any issue we can refuse delivery and sort it out?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 3390815)
MID is showing an AVG FE of 18.0 - 18.8 with AC on during my to and fro drive to office. Is this for real ?

Try doing a tankful to tankful method to check the accuracy of MID. Though i believe it must be correct judging by others who are getting similar kinda FE.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 3390815)
MID is showing an AVG FE of 18.0 - 18.8 with AC on during my to and fro drive to office. Is this for real ?

It could be off by max of 0.6 from what I have seen and yes the mileage figures are real. I have got 21.5 to 22 kmpl on highway driving using Tank full method and 18+ on many occasions in city driving as well. The i-DTEC Engine is a mileage champ clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3390823)
Aren't we supposed to do PDI before delivery date so if there is any issue we can refuse delivery and sort it out?

I could not do it and with the kind of behavior we have from the Dealers I just wanted him to deliver the car as soon as he can. I am sure you can refuse delivery if you find things that are not acceptable. The SA was hesitant to show the car since he claimed it would be washed and polished only on the day of delivery. By the time you see it in the yard, the Chassis and Engine will be allocated to you - so its already kind of commitment made!

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3390739)

They need to get atleast the spelling corrected for "brochure"!

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3390700)
In fact, this is the same treatment received by one of my office colleagues and this particular reason made us both go to a dealer which is about 10-12 KMs away from our residence rather than Hallmark Honda which is about 2-3 KMs away.

Tejas, I second your opinion about Hallmark Honda. In fact, we received a similar treatment from Hallmark at their Nerul showroom. I wanted to have a look at Golden Brown Metallic colour and the sales guy invited me to the showroom at a particular time. After going there, he started the usual sales pitch but refused to show the car which was about to be delivered in the evening saying that he does not have permission to take customer inside their showroom warehouse and it is only possible to see after it comes out for delivery (which was after 4 hours). I was so pissed off... If this is a kind of attitude even before booking, then I am sure after sales service would be a nightmare. I would suggest people to avoid Hallmark Honda.

By the way guys, this is my first post out here but I had always been a follower of team-bhp forum.

Well, I am planning to book ANHC i-VTEC V MT from Arya Honda, Bhandup soon. I was extremely glad with the TD on a i-VTEC VX model.

I had inquired about the accessories, etc and the sales guy had highly recommended to go for anti-rust coating and paint protection treatment. I need to know whether this is really necessary? What kind of paint treatment is this and what are the pros and cons? Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy_tej (Post 3390826)
I had inquired about the accessories, etc and the sales guy had highly recommended to go for anti-rust coating and paint protection treatment. I need to know whether this is really necessary? What kind of paint treatment is this and what are the pros and cons? Thanks in advance for your guidance!

I am unaware of what paint treatment Arya Honda is talking about. I was told that this is a Paint Protection Film that will be applied on the car specially on the places which are susceptible to scratches easily.

I would recommend you just tell the sales guys that you will think about it later. At the time of delivery you can just tell him, I will do it later during servicing and get it done cheaper outside.

I was quoted Rs. 6,500 for Paint Protection Film and Rs. 6,200 for Anti-Rust which according to me is quite high.


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 13:36.