Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-88.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeKay (Post 3394268)
I've just taken the delivery of my car from Apex Honda, Mumbai and I made the payment only after the car had reached the showroom's stock yard. Get the showroom's manager on the line and have a discussion with him. The sales advisers are utterly useless 99% of the time. Further on, just give Honda's customer care a call and speak to them about this.

Thanks for the advice.

I sent out an email last night to Honda Customer Relationship and got a response call from Arya Honda today. Had a couple of telephonic discussions and the outcome is explained through the mail records as shown below. :D (The email conversation is in the descending order. Sorry about that guys)

Tejas Ghongadi tejas08@gmail.com
6:22 PM (4 minutes ago)

to hondasales, crmsalesbhandup, managerhondasa., Customer_relat.
Hi,

This is to put on records that as per the telephonic discussions with the Customer Relationship person (Ms. Soniya), it was informed and confirmed to me that the Full payment towards my booking of Honda City needs to be made by me only after the Car has arrived at the stockyard.

The Sales Assistant or someone from Arya Honda will notify me as and when the Car as per my booking arrives in the Stockyard so as for me to make the full payment towards my booking of the car.

Thanks,
Tejas Ghongadi

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Ghogandi,

This is in reference to your trailing communication.

We sincerely regret to learn of your feedback.

We are understanding the details of the matter from our dealership M/s Arya Honda, Bhandup and request you to kindly bear with us. In the meanwhile,we are advising our dealership to get in touch with you and address your concern.

For any further concern/query, please contact us at 1800-113-121 or 011-39898918.

Assuring you the best of our services at all times.

Regards,
Arti Mishra
Customer Relationship Management
Honda Cars India Ltd., Greater Noida

To: Customer_relations@hondacarindia.com,
Date: 19-03-2014 20:42
Subject: Dealer asking for Payment before Car being received at Stockyard

Hi,

I have booked the New Honda City V MT iVTEC Petrol with Arya Honda in Mumbai (Bhandup Dealership) on 23-Feb-14 by paying a booking amount of Rs. 51000. Refer Booking Receipt attached herewith.

Today I called up the Sales Assistant at Arya Honda and inquired about the allotment of the car.

To my surprise, I was asked by the Sales Assistant to make the full payment and then the allotment of car will be done. When I asked whether the car is arrived or arriving in the stockyard of the dealership, I was informed that after the full payment by the customer is done, the dealer logs the payment details in the system and accordingly vehicles will get despatched from the Factory. I will receive the delivery of my vehicle in approx 15 days after the payment is done to the dealer.

I escalated this conversation to the Team Leader of Sales and to my shock the Team Leader quoted 3-4 weeks after the full payment is done.

As far as i am aware and with discussion with some people who have bought vehicles with Honda as well as other dealers, the payment is to be done once the Vehicle arrives at the Stockyard of the dealership and not anytime before that.

Here the dealer is asking me to make the payment even before the car is despatched from the factory and also not giving me a firm response whether the Variant and the colour booked by me is going to be received by him or not.

Furthermore, the Sales guys are telling me that this is a directive from Honda Cars India itself. Is this correct or is it a malpractice going on in this Dealership to use the payment done by me for 15-20 days before the car is delivered to me?

Thanks,
Tejas Ghongadi

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3395252)
Thanks for the advice. I sent out an email last night to Honda Customer Relationship and got a response call from Arya Honda today. Had a couple of telephonic discussions and the outcome is explained through the mail records as shown below. :D (The email conversation is in the descending order. Sorry about that guys)

Good Going! :thumbs up I hope the attitude changes and they become more transparent.

The worst thing is they did not want to give this commitment on email. The Customer Relationship person was like "Don't worry Sir, the SA or someone from Sales will call you when your car arrives" or if you still have a problem give me a call. I knew these people would not put this on record.

Well I am a Project Management guy. I know how to put things on record.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by outdoorlover (Post 3394498)
I took delivery of my VX CVT on 28-Feb in Gurgaon and have driven it slightly over 700kms till now. While I am happy with the CVT performance which is considerably better than a Fluence CVT that I had driven earlier for a month, I am seeing an FE of 11.4kmpl. Not very happy about it but I was told that it is going to improve after 1000 kms. But overall, quite happy with the smoothness of the vehicle and the bells & whistles that the model comes with.

Couple of questions. Have you upgraded the tyres? Is the FE overall or just in City driving?

2014 Honda City is now launched in Malaysia. As with the Thai version Malaysia also gets 6 airbags, hill assist, stability control and a larger touchscreen unit among other things

http://www.carwale.com/m/news/12774-2014-honda-city-launched-in-malaysia.html

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rajeevraj (Post 3395332)
2014 Honda City is now launched in Malaysia. As with the Thai version Malaysia also gets 6 airbags, hill assist, stability control and a larger touchscreen unit among other things

http://www.carwale.com/m/news/12774-...-malaysia.html

Love the alloys and the 7inch touchscreen panel. I would love to integrate that 7inch touchscreen sometime in the future. I hope its got GPS as well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3395252)
Thanks for the advice.

I sent out an email last night to Honda Customer Relationship and got a response call from Arya Honda today.

On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 11:38 AM, Customer Relations <customer_relations@hondacarindia.com> wrote:
Dear Mr. Ghogandi,

We are understanding the details of the matter from our dealership M/s Arya Honda, Bhandup and request you to kindly bear with us. In the meanwhile,we are advising our dealership to get in touch with you and address your concern.

For any further concern/query, please contact us at 1800-113-121 or 011-39898918.

Regards,
Arti Mishra

Looks like an automated response. I got the same exact email from Customer Relations this afternoon, in reply to my email to them yesterday asking about delays in delivery of my City.

Quoting from my email Inbox:

Quote:

We are understanding the details of the matter from our dealership M/s Shubh Honda, Raipur and request you to kindly bear with us. In the meanwhile,we are advising our dealership to get in touch with you and address your concern.

Regards,

Nipun Gautam
Had a long chat with my dealership GM earlier in the evening. He said that emailing Honda is of no use at all, and whatever help and support we can get will be from the dealership only. The only outcome from emailing Honda is a phone call from the Greater Noida office to the dealership, scolding them for not being able to handle their customers, and to speedy up the "delivery" process. Before the dealership guys can say anything in reply, the phone line is cut. In my case, when the dealership doesn't have a VX with them, how can they "deliver"?

Latest news from my front - the latest March despatch from the Noida factory to my dealership is loaded with petrol SV MTs, with a few S MTs and 1-2 V MTs. Absolutely no diesel Citys at all!! It will be arriving at the dealership by 28th March. The GM offered me one of the V MTs if I wanted it, which I declined. He said that the next lot is expected after 8th April, and that will definitely have at least one VX MT in it, since production will be ramped up from April onwards and more City VXs/Vs will be produced.

It's a great time to be a customer preferring the City SV MT. One lucky guy walked into my dealership today wanting to buy the car, selected a shining new Urban Titanium SV MT, completed all formalities and got his car by evening without even batting an eyelid. No booking amount, no waiting periods, nothing. I envy him, and all others like him.

The V MT offer is tempting I admit, but I am adamant on the VX and have decided to wait it out till April. Let's see what happens.

*sigh*

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3395374)
He said that emailing Honda is of no use at all, and whatever help and support we can get will be from the dealership only. The only outcome from emailing Honda is a phone call from the Greater Noida office to the dealership, scolding them for not being able to handle their customers, and to speedy up the "delivery" process.

In your case, this was regarding the delay in the delivery of the Car, which to a certain extent I agree that the dealer cannot do anything but wait till they receive the cars.

However, in my case it was more to do with the Dealer asking the full payment upfront without even having a car in transit or in stockyard that they can allot to me.

And it got resolved positively at least for now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3395269)
Couple of questions. Have you upgraded the tyres? Is the FE overall or just in City driving?

Hi adarsh, I have retained the Michelin XM1 tyres that the car came with. I have been mostly doing a mixed condition with some bumper to bumper traffic thrown in the morning (might ring bells in people familiar with Gurgaon traffic in the mornings, specially near the Cybercity).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3395263)
The worst thing is they did not want to give this commitment on email. The Customer Relationship person was like "Don't worry Sir, the SA or someone from Sales will call you when your car arrives" or if you still have a problem give me a call. I knew these people would not put this on record.

Well I am a Project Management guy. I know how to put things on record.lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3395386)
And it got resolved positively at least for now.

Tejas, you said that they won't put anything on record. Does it mean that they are not ready to provide an allotment letter before making full payment? I understand that they've agreed to not ask for payment before your car arrives and I am sure this treatment would be restricted to you since you had protested. They would continue to ask for full payment from other customers.

I wonder how other dealers in Mumbai go about the payment process. Can anyone shed light on this?

My petrol City is scheduled to be delivered this Sunday, 23rd march. Can't wait for the delivery. In all probability PDI will happen this Saturday. Once delivered this would be my first ownership report on Team-Bhp. clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy_tej (Post 3395448)
I wonder how other dealers in Mumbai go about the payment process. Can anyone shed light on this?

I had got my car from Solitaire Honda, Andheri. Before the car was allotted to me, they wanted me to complete my finance formalities and keep the loan sanctioned and ready. Once the car was dispatched from Honda, I was told that the car will be ready to be delivered in 8-10 days and hence we should complete all formalities. They had shared the vehicle details with me at this point which then I used to release the payment to the dealer. This was mutually agreed upon without any issues between Solitaire and me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by avdhesh15 (Post 3395646)
I had got my car from Solitaire Honda, Andheri. Before the car was allotted to me, they wanted me to complete my finance formalities and keep the loan sanctioned and ready. Once the car was dispatched from Honda, I was told that the car will be ready to be delivered in 8-10 days and hence we should complete all formalities. They had shared the vehicle details with me at this point which then I used to release the payment to the dealer. This was mutually agreed upon without any issues between Solitaire and me.

It does mean that you made payment after they shared vehicle details with you. So, a car was allotted to you and that seems fair enough. Thanks for the information.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ankan_g (Post 3395477)
My petrol City is scheduled to be delivered this Sunday, 23rd march. Can't wait for the delivery. In all probability PDI will happen this Saturday. Once delivered this would be my first ownership report on Team-Bhp. clap:

Congrats Ankan! Post the pics as soon as you take delivery :)

Guys, I have a question regarding an accessory - Door Sash Decal (See picture).

I am very interested in adding this to my future ANHC, but IMO it is very steeply priced at 15K. They are just 4 chrome strips that are glued with a special adhesive above windows. What do you guys think about its pricing? Is it available at a 3M store or any other accessory dealer? If so, how much does it cost and is it advisable to do it outside?