Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-83.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosathyas (Post 3391482)
Guys, With the new plant commencing production do we have any indication on how this is to help easing the waiting period for City?
=======
My experience is whatever issue you have and when you take it to workshop they say its a common problem with the model which never gets disclosed during buying decision time.

Well, from my experience (recently), from talking to my local dealership, talking to Honda, and views from members on this forum, I see that there is a lesser demand for VX top model (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this)
So yes, you are correct in assuming that 4-5 VX models come every month and in various colors. My dealer told me the same thing that you have mentioned. And to add to that, I also had the exact same questions as you have pointed out. And when I asked Honda about their plant, it's apparently running on full throttle. So I am guessing its more about demand of the mid-lower variants that are being shelled out faster.

When I registered a "complaint" to Honda directly, I got an almost immediate response from my local dealer, who then told me that they will try their best to supply the car by April. Then after a day or two, they called me again and told me that I would be receiving my car in April. (they didn't confirm the date) They called me like 2-3 days consecutively.

So in summary, when I put pressure on Honda directly by calling them, my dealer got their act together (so to speak) and acted on it almost instantaneously.
And Yes, I do agree that Honda should give the break-up of the models, considering that it's a recently launched car and the waiting periods for "certain" models are going up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosathyas (Post 3391482)
Guys, With the new plant commencing production do we have any indication on how this is to help easing the waiting period for City? Whilst I can see people waiting for more than 3 months, have done 2 months and still counting.

Given that 7300 cars were delivered in Feb to 165 outlets that they have, should translate into 45 cars per outlet. But guys keep saying they get only 20 cars per month and in that VXMT will be 2-3. Is this a fair statement. Don't manufacturers give the model breakdown of 7300?

Why is that the top end having more waiting period? Is it due to over demand? If yes, will Honda not adjust their production based on orders received? Is this an over expectation of customer service?

Also is it possible to get a summary on most common issues resolved on models by visiting their workshop before buying a car ? Wish such stats are also made transparent to SIAM or some regulator. My experience is whatever issue you have and when you take it to workshop they say its a common problem with the model which never gets disclosed during buying decision time.

HI @tosathyas

It is not necessary that the an operational plant may run at 100% capacity from the beginning, I would say it takes 3-6 months generally after the plant becomes operational that 100% production may be achieved. In this case, too I believe this is what holding Honda City/ Amaze sales flying up at the moment.

But, there is (albeit negative) marketing aspect also involved. Generally few companies, particularly Japanese ones, if have a good product would keep the initial production down to create an atmosphere of huge demand & successful product, which lures buyers to them. This is, however, a period when they ensure that the issues with the products are handled proactively, without putting a strain on the A.S.S. & when production is freed for mass market the product if free of all known issues & there are only good words for that product.

Quote:

Originally Posted by loving_alaap (Post 3390797)
I can't access the review. Is it still in assembly line?

Many apologies but MODS needed more info including pictures to move it to the REVIEW section. Unfortunately I have been travelling and hence request MODS if possible to shift to reviews, else I will complete the review once I am back end of this month.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TkyoPandaMan (Post 3391495)
Well, from my experience (recently), from talking to my local dealership, talking to Honda, and views from members on this forum, I see that there is a lesser demand for VX top model (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this)

Yes you are correct about the VX model. Honda has been producing more number of the SV variants and lesser number of V/VX based on their own sales projections.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARDEEP (Post 3391517)
In this case, too I believe this is what holding Honda City/ Amaze sales flying up at the moment.

Not to forget the fact that Honda has planned for the launch of the Mobilio as well later this year. So its not clear how many units of what they produce!

The only consolation is that most people are getting the cars in general within a timeframe of 2-3 months :thumbs up which is way superior if we see the way Ford has handled things with the EcoSport (This is not to say that there is no scope for improvement from Honda side.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3391578)

The only consolation is that most people are getting the cars in general within a timeframe of 2-3 months :thumbs up which is way superior if we see the way Ford has handled things with the EcoSport (This is not to say that there is no scope for improvement from Honda side.)

I am not happy with Honda for not manufacturing V/VX as much as they should. I couldn't get V cos of 5 months waiting and 2 friends of mine who wanted VX have cancelled their booking just cos of waiting period. Even day before when I went to the dealership there were few people interested in top end models and after listening to high waiting period were looking disappointed.

Yes, they are better than ford but they need to improve their deliveries for top end model. Now as second plant is functional and they are mainly doing Amaze and City it shouldn't be too hard.

Anyways, update for my car is that 99% I am getting the delivery in first week of April. Fingers crossed :-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3391607)
Yes, they are better than ford but they need to improve their deliveries for top end model. Now as second plant is functional and they are mainly doing Amaze and City it shouldn't be too hard.

Anyways, update for my car is that 99% I am getting the delivery in first week of April. Fingers crossed :-)

Well, Hyundai had wait times of 2-3 months even for the Fluidic Verna when it was launched. I remember doing a TD and seeing notice board put up on the showroom stating the wait times for each variant :D

Aah! So you are just 2.5 weeks away from getting your car clap:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3391609)

Well, Hyundai had wait times of 2-3 months even for the Fluidic Verna when it was launched. I remember doing a TD and seeing notice board put up on the showroom stating the wait times for each variant :D

Aah! So you are just 2.5 weeks away from getting your car clap:

2-3 months is still acceptable. But 5 months is certainly not. Anyways, we can't do much but crib about it.

A thought came to my mind. SV comes with electric adjustable orvm but they can't be internally folded. Is it possible to get them changed at dealer level or some other method. For me it's a very important feature if it can be done somehow.

Waiting for a new car is horrible!

I am all set to receive my City SV CVT next week subject to the approval of financeclap:. I have paid the balance amount today. I originally booked a Red colour one. Since I have to get the car invoiced before April due to some hard constraint, I gave the option of going for Silver/White/Titanium to the dealer. They could manage to get a Silver one delivered to me next week:thumbs up.

News from my front is this - yesterday I received a call from the dealer (after pursuing them hotly for about 10 days after my booking, then I stopped calling) saying that I would definitely be getting my car before March 31st.

This update came after I broadened my choices as per dealer request -

1st priority - VX petrol,
2nd priority - V diesel,
3rd priority - V petrol,
Last priority - VX diesel.

Also spread out my color choices - first priority being Alabaster Silver, second Urban Titanium and third Golden Brown.

According to my dealer, S & SVs are in ready stock both in petrol and diesel. Even E MTs are available. It's the top 2 variants which are suffering from delivery issues.

My booking is of MahaShivaratri Day (February 27th). Let's see which ones arrive by March 31st.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3391626)
Is it possible to get them changed at dealer level or some other method. For me it's a very important feature if it can be done somehow.Waiting for a new car is horrible!

Not sure if anything is available right away. You may need to wait for after market stuff to catch up. I agree about the waiting but you have TeamBHP to keep you company during the wait :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by paul_charles (Post 3391628)
They could manage to get a Silver one delivered to me next week:thumbs up.

Congrats! This once again confirms on the Silver color being the one easily available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenAvi (Post 3391633)
My booking is of MahaShivaratri Day (February 27th). Let's see which ones arrive by March 31st.

This is the best strategy to hasten the delivery process clap:

Guys,

y'day I checked with Pride Honda for a test drive of AT variant. They said they do not have AT varient test vehicle so far and going to get one by this month end but they have 2 pieces for sale ! this is something odd to me. How on earth people sell cars without a test drive vehicle? I am seriously thinking about AT. Pls suggest if anyone has done a test drive.

Just got back from Solitaire Honda Mumbai - OTR Individual registration for Mumbai is 13.03L for the VX CVT with a waiting time of - wait for it - waiiiit for it - 8 months! Need to inquire at other dealers & see if this is true?

I upgraded the stock Goodyear tyres to 195 R60 15 - Michelin Primacy 3ST. I drove about 200kms on Goodyear, so when I switched I could immediately feel the improved stance and ride quality. Ride quality is definitely several notches above. I am sure the handling should have improved too but never had a chance to test handling in earlier Goodyear and new Michelin. Here's the icing on cake, in my 100kms post tyre upgrade I have not noticed any drop in FE. Atleast that's what the MID says so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 3392202)
I upgraded the stock Goodyear tyres to 195 R60 15 - Michelin Primacy 3ST. I drove about 200kms on Goodyear, so when I switched I could immediately feel the improved stance and ride quality. Ride quality is definitely several notches above. I am sure the handling should have improved too but never had a chance to test handling in earlier Goodyear and new Michelin. Here's the icing on cake, in my 100kms post tyre upgrade I have not noticed any drop in FE. Atleast that's what the MID says so.

Good to know about FE. I was also hoping that even if there would be a drop, it would be marginal only.

BTW, any reason you waited for 200km before changing the tyres. Wouldn't that have drastically reduced the buy back value of the stock tyres?

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3392273)
Good to know about FE. I was also hoping that even if there would be a drop, it would be marginal only.

BTW, any reason you waited for 200km before changing the tyres. Wouldn't that have drastically reduced the buy back value of the stock tyres?

+1 to that. I had the same question on your reasons to wait and what type of valuation you got for the exchange?