Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-82.html)

Finally got delivery of my White CVT VX yesterday after a 3.5 month wait.
The car is absolutely brilliant and stress free to drive. I never managed to test drive it before buying it as no dealer had a test drive vehicle available and relied only on the expert reviews.

The interior is a big step up from the previous generation that i just sold 3 months back and the engine definitely feels a lot quieter. Possibly due to better sound dampening and better quality interior materials.

The Auto Box is eager and i couldn't feel a lot of the rubber band effect associated with CVTs. The Paddles work well.

The Sound System lacks bass and i would have liked some more oomph.
Possibly will put up a review soon. Ive changed by original Bridgestone 175s to Michelin XM2 195's already. The difference was around Rs. 1800/tyre. The MRP on the Michelins was Rs. 6000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by harry10 (Post 3390823)
Aren't we supposed to do PDI before delivery date so if there is any issue we can refuse delivery and sort it out?

If you are doing PDI, do it before the vehicle is registered in your name. Either you can do it in the stockyard, or check if the car will come to the showroom before registration. If yes, you can do the PDI at the showroom and then sign the form 20 for registration with RTO. Since demand is more than supply, you might have to convince your dealer for it. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by tejas08 (Post 3390904)
I would recommend you just tell the sales guys that you will think about it later. At the time of delivery you can just tell him, I will do it later during servicing and get it done cheaper outside.

I was quoted Rs. 6,500 for Paint Protection Film and Rs. 6,200 for Anti-Rust which according to me is quite high.

Well, there is a separate price list of dealer accessories that lists around 46 accessories. There's 5K for paint protection treatment and 6.2K for anti-rust. Of course, the price is higher than what we get outside, but wouldn't that void warranty?

I need to know what kind of paint protection treatment is this? The brief given by sales guy was not convincing... He said that it imparts longer life for metallic paint. Can anyone shed light on this procedure?

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3390934)
The car is absolutely brilliant and stress free to drive. I never managed to test drive it before buying it as no dealer had a test drive vehicle available and relied only on the expert reviews.

The interior is a big step up from the previous generation that i just sold 3 months back and the engine definitely feels a lot quieter. Possibly due to better sound dampening and better quality interior materials.

The Auto Box is eager and i couldn't feel a lot of the rubber band effect associated with CVTs. The Paddles work well.

Possibly will put up a review soon. Ive changed by original Bridgestone 175s to Michelin XM2 195's already. The difference was around Rs. 1800/tyre. The MRP on the Michelins was Rs. 6000.

Congrats! I guess this is first CVT on the forum.

Do post some picture!

I called up my SA manager and my SV CVT Honda City is in the dock. I checked about the tyre manufacturer and they are Michelin XM1 :). I checked with 2 prominent tyre shops regarding buy back value and price of 195/60 Michelin and this is what I got:
- Buy back value of Michelin XM1 around Rs 3500 (Is this good price? )
- Price for Michelin Primacy 3ST Rs 6000-6100
- Price for Michelin XM2 : Rs 5800 - 5900

As per my SA, registration / accessories fitment should complete in next 3-4 days. Hopefully, I'll get delivery towards mid/end of next week.

Quote:

Congratulations. Looking forward for ownership report.

How was the drive/pick up without using paddle shifters? Mine is SV CVT which does not come with paddle shifters so trying to get that input.

It seems that you got an awesome buy back value for your Bridgestone tyres in tune of 4K per tyre which is amazing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy_tej (Post 3390826)

I had inquired about the accessories, etc and the sales guy had highly recommended to go for anti-rust coating and paint protection treatment. I need to know whether this is really necessary? What kind of paint treatment is this and what are the pros and cons? Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy_tej (Post 3391151)
Well, there is a separate price list of dealer accessories that lists around 46 accessories. There's 5K for paint protection treatment and 6.2K for anti-rust. Of course, the price is higher than what we get outside, but wouldn't that void warranty?

I need to know what kind of paint protection treatment is this? The brief given by sales guy was not convincing... He said that it imparts longer life for metallic paint. Can anyone shed light on this procedure?

Paint protection film as mentioned is applied usually on parts prone to bumps/scratches. A thin transparent film is applied on those parts. If you have a white color car then the film might be visible. It helps to avoid minor scratches as well. This is usually expensive and never covers entire car

Now, if dealer is talking about paint protection, thats not like applying a film over the car paint surface. It's more of a treatment done over the paint surface to protect it for couple of months to 1-2 years based on which treatment you opt for. You can get it done at 3M or similar shop for around 4K. Some detailerz go for high cquartz nano treatment which starts from about 8K and stays for a longer time.

Anti rust also you can get it out market. 3M does that as well. No point getting it done from dealers and paying them premium.

None of the above things can ever void warranty of car so do not worry about that.

Does any Bangalore dealer has got CVT testdrive car? WhiteField Honda?

I am getting an average of 12.3 kmpl, when I first took the car from the showroom it was 7.2 kmpl (tyre size- 195/60/R15 Michelin Primacy 3st; City driving with A/C). I have been driving with a very light foot haven't crossed 2.5 k RPM and the top speed so far was 80. Waiting for the engine run in time to complete. Its mentioned 1000kms in the manual.

The ride quality is awesome. I am loving every bit of it :)

Got the rear spoiler (Deck Lid) fixed. Personally, I liked the car without spoiler, it looks more elegant but majority at home was aligned to having the spoiler fixed.

Will share the pictures Shortly!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3391219)
I called up my SA manager and my SV CVT Honda City is in the dock. I checked about the tyre manufacturer and they are Michelin XM1 :). I checked with 2 prominent tyre shops regarding buy back value and price of 195/60 Michelin and this is what I got:

As per my SA, registration / accessories fitment should complete in next 3-4 days. Hopefully, I'll get delivery towards mid/end of next week.

Congratulations. Looking forward for ownership report.

How was the drive/pick up without using paddle shifters? Mine is SV CVT which does not come with paddle shifters so trying to get that input.

It seems that you got an awesome buy back value for your Bridgestone tyres in tune of 4K per tyre which is amazing.

Paint protection film as mentioned is applied usually on parts prone to bumps/scratches. A thin transparent film is applied on those parts. If you have a white color car then the film might be visible. It helps to avoid minor scratches as well. This is usually expensive and never covers entire car

Now, if dealer is talking about paint protection, thats not like applying a film over the car paint surface. It's more of a treatment done over the paint surface to protect it for couple of months to 1-2 years based on which treatment you opt for. You can get it done at 3M or similar shop for around 4K. Some detailerz go for high cquartz nano treatment which starts from about 8K and stays for a longer time.

Anti rust also you can get it out market. 3M does that as well. No point getting it done from dealers and paying them premium.

None of the above things can ever void warranty of car so do not worry about that.

Bk tyres in delhi is offering 4500 on Michelins... do not accept 3500. I was offered 4200 for bridgestones. Theyre giving 3500 for mrfs.

Quote:

Congrats!!!Awaiting your mileage report.

Quote:

Originally Posted by coolguy_tej (Post 3390826)
Tejas, I second your opinion about Hallmark Honda. In fact, we received a similar treatment from Hallmark at their Nerul showroom. I wanted to have a look at Golden Brown Metallic colour and the sales guy invited me to the showroom at a particular time. After going there, he started the usual sales pitch but refused to show the car which was about to be delivered in the evening saying that he does not have permission to take customer inside their showroom warehouse and it is only possible to see after it comes out for delivery (which was after 4 hours). I was so pissed off... If this is a kind of attitude even before booking, then I am sure after sales service would be a nightmare. I would suggest people to avoid Hallmark Honda.

Was at the Nerul showroom last month and I thought they were quite OK. Leagues better than the treatment one gets at the VW showrooms for sure. Infact, quoting your situation - I was a bit confused about the colors, so the SA took me into the warehouse to not only show me the colors but also the variants so I could get the feel right.

I do agree they have a standard answer to most accessories - "sorry, but Honda hasn't provided it for it Sir" kind of a thing. But I have been appreciably updated of my requests even on international calls. Am going to book the car by the end of this month.

Is there any concern on the A.S.S side though, any information will be deeply appreciated.

Quote:

Originally Posted by feroz_009 (Post 3391234)
I am getting an average of 12.3 kmpl, when I first took the car from the showroom it was 7.2 kmpl (tyre size- 195/60/R15 Michelin Primacy 3st; City driving with A/C). I have been driving with a very light foot haven't crossed 2.5 k RPM and the top speed so far was 80. Waiting for the engine run in time to complete. Its mentioned 1000kms in the manual.

This is on the i-VTEC, Right? I guess you are the first to report mileage of the i-VTEC on this thread.

Quote:

I got my XM2 for 5,750/- @ A1 Car Care, Ashoka Pillar. You need ensure the manufacturing week of the tyre is recent and 2014. I had to put lot of pressure on the A1 Car Care guy to get me tyres with latest manufacturing and he did manage to get what I wanted.
My friend got Primacy 3ST at 5,900/- from a Michelin Authorized Dealer in HSR Layout.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nik_kapur (Post 3391236)
Bk tyres in delhi is offering 4500 on Michelins... do not accept 3500. I was offered 4200 for bridgestones. Theyre giving 3500 for mrfs.

That's extremely good but not sure if we can strike that type of deal in Bangalore. The best I got for MRFs was 3000 in Bangalore (and sold at that price).

Quote:

Thank you for the info on paint protection film. If that doesn't void warranty, I would certainly get it done at a 3M shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by methecupid (Post 3391291)
Was at the Nerul showroom last month and I thought they were quite OK. Leagues better than the treatment one gets at the VW showrooms for sure. Infact, quoting your situation - I was a bit confused about the colors, so the SA took me into the warehouse to not only show me the colors but also the variants so I could get the feel right.

I do agree they have a standard answer to most accessories - "sorry, but Honda hasn't provided it for it Sir" kind of a thing. But I have been appreciably updated of my requests even on international calls. Am going to book the car by the end of this month.

Is there any concern on the A.S.S side though, any information will be deeply appreciated.

Well, you seem to be plain lucky on that occasion. For me, the vibes were not good at all... Also, there are many complaints against Hallmark Honda online as well. Of course, I have no idea about A.S.S. and I am not saying that they are the worst. There's always a room for improvement. Anyway, it's your choice...

Quote:

Congrats on your new ride!
So I am also awaiting the delivery of my VX-MT-iDTEC Silver Surfer as well. I'm surprised that it even took you 3.5 months to get the car. I had also pre-booked my car in late Dec. from Delight Honda on Mathura Road, and still haven't received it. Hopefully (as the dealership says) sometime in April is the ETA.
Regarding the tyre change, where in Delhi did you get it done, as I will also be replacing them as soon as I get the delivery. Also, did the dealership purchase the tyres and change them for you, or did you have to get them done outside (after market). And lastly, have you changed the alloy design ? If so from where exactly? Looking forward to your reply and info.
Thanks! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3391299)

That's extremely good but not sure if we can strike that type of deal in Bangalore. The best I got for MRFs was 3000 in Bangalore (and sold at that price).

That's correct. I just called up few tyre shops including A1 to get an idea about buy back value and they start from 3K and stretch to a max of 3.5K for Michelin XM1. Maybe that's what the going rate is in Bangalore. A difference of Rs 1000 per tyre across cities is actually a whole lot.

Guys, With the new plant commencing production do we have any indication on how this is to help easing the waiting period for City? Whilst I can see people waiting for more than 3 months, have done 2 months and still counting.

Given that 7300 cars were delivered in Feb to 165 outlets that they have, should translate into 45 cars per outlet. But guys keep saying they get only 20 cars per month and in that VXMT will be 2-3. Is this a fair statement. Don't manufacturers give the model breakdown of 7300?

Why is that the top end having more waiting period? Is it due to over demand? If yes, will Honda not adjust their production based on orders received? Is this an over expectation of customer service?

Also is it possible to get a summary on most common issues resolved on models by visiting their workshop before buying a car ? Wish such stats are also made transparent to SIAM or some regulator. My experience is whatever issue you have and when you take it to workshop they say its a common problem with the model which never gets disclosed during buying decision time.