Team-BHP - 4th-gen Honda City : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   4th-gen Honda City : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/145656-4th-gen-honda-city-official-review-84.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3392273)
Good to know about FE. I was also hoping that even if there would be a drop, it would be marginal only.

BTW, any reason you waited for 200km before changing the tyres. Wouldn't that have drastically reduced the buy back value of the stock tyres?

@Neel911 and @vsrivatsav - I wanted to check the mileage stock provides me and generally was reluctant about tampering with stock configuration. Mileage and safety were bit of a concern and I dint want to restrict myself from having some fun because of puny tyres. So, once I knew City returns phenomenal mileage - 18- 19kmpl in the city, I mentally prepared myself for a 0.5 drop if I exchanged.

My GoodYear anyways went for a poor price- 2650 and from what I understand its because of GoodYear brand than kms on ODO. They are willing to buyback MRF for 3000 but GoodYear only 2500. I had 85kms on ODO when I got that quote and I checked till about how many kms that price will hold, one of them mentioned - 200kms. So, I took a day to research on different sizes and options and went back next day. Tyre dealer dint bother to check ODO and it was directly taken to bay for exchange.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rajivn (Post 3392291)
@Neel911 and @vsrivatsav - I wanted to check the mileage stock provides me and generally was reluctant about tampering with stock configuration. Mileage and safety were bit of a concern and I dint want to restrict myself from having some fun because of puny tyres. So, once I knew City returns phenomenal mileage - 18- 19kmpl in the city, I mentally prepared myself for a 0.5 drop if I exchanged.

My GoodYear anyways went for a poor price- 2650 and from what I understand its because of GoodYear brand than kms on ODO. They are willing to buyback MRF for 3000 but GoodYear only 2500. I had 85kms on ODO when I got that quote and I checked till about how many kms that price will hold, one of them mentioned - 200kms. So, I took a day to research on different sizes and options and went back next day. Tyre dealer dint bother to check ODO and it was directly taken to bay for exchange.

This seems like a very similar pricing as seen in Bangalore. I got 3,000 for my MRFs but the Tyre Exchange guy had asked me to bring it as soon as possible. Good to know that people are OK to keep the price until 200 km. Also good to know that there is no drop in FE from Primacy 3ST.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dilsoft (Post 3391995)
Guys,

y'day I checked with Pride Honda for a test drive of AT variant. They said they do not have AT varient test vehicle so far and going to get one by this month end but they have 2 pieces for sale ! this is something odd to me. How on earth people sell cars without a test drive vehicle?

Thats because there are a lot of people willing to book/buy without a test drive. :). As specially for an in demand new product, if you insist on test drive etc... they will just give it to the next person in line. Considering the waiting and the lack of too many options (the C segment AT is a good example), what choice does one have. They say 'Consumer is the king' but I feel in lot of cases during the period after the launch the tag line that suits us is 'Beggars cannot be choosers' :D. And for the company, it is 'make hay while the sun shines'.

Update on my White SV CVT Honda City booking

Car is in process of getting registered. As per SA, it should be ready for delivery mid of this week. I may however take delivery only on Saturday (busy on work side and the right auspicious day).

Honda Genuine Accessories opted for:
- Parking reverse sensors
- CVT Sports Pedal
- Illuminated scuff plates (currently out of stock. Expected to come in a week)

Accessories/Upgrades planned within a week of taking delivery (out market):
- Tyre upgrade to 195/60 Michelin Primacy 3ST (Have Michelin XM1 as stock)
- Upgrade to alloys (having a tough time selecting the alloy)
- Art leather for seats (have small kids so really needed)
- 3d floor mats. Most places do not have for New Honda City yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3392446)
Honda Genuine Accessories opted for:
- Parking reverse sensors

Is it only parking sensors? What is the make of the same and the cost? Can this be fitted on a 2010 Honda City VAT as well? Are they painted with body colour? Also does it have any distance indication. If so, where is the display? Any image or photo if available. Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vvrchandra (Post 3392513)
Is it only parking sensors? What is the make of the same and the cost? Can this be fitted on a 2010 Honda City VAT as well? Are they painted with body colour? Thanks.

These are part of Honda Genuine accessory list so not sure who makes them for Honda. No screen option here, just the sound warning. It'll be painted to match body color but retains warranty so should not affect sensitivity of sensors. Cost: Rs 6500 (all inclusive)

Quote:

Originally Posted by neel911 (Post 3392446)
Update on my White SV CVT Honda City booking

Car is in process of getting registered. As per SA, it should be ready for delivery mid of this week. I may however take delivery only on Saturday (busy on work side and the right auspicious day).

Congratulations. Looking forward to a drive report of the CVT. Especially whether you feel the absence of paddle shift is a major issue.

Hello Everyone,

A new BHPian here, and I must say, after years of going through the discussions on this forum on multiple cars, it sure does feel great to be a part of this group now!

An awesome review by GTO and over 80 pages of very insightful discussions after that! This is exactly why I signed up for TeamBHP! After a thorough vetting process which included no less than 4 Test Drives in Mumbai, Chennai, Kochi and Trivandrum (It did help that I was travelling on work a lot over the last month), I have finally decided that this is gonna be my first car! The Honda City Diesel VX - Golden Brown Metallic.

Personally, I feel it is much less powerful than my favourite, my dad's Vento TDi Highline and much less refined than my mom's Polo TSi Highline, but I was just blown away by the overall beauty of the car and the comfort levels that this car has to offer. Besides 3 Volkswagens in the family would be overkill! :D Chose a diesel cos I'm currently based in Pondicherry and would have a lot of travel to my hometown, Trivandrum (a distance of 660km).

Most of you would hate me for this, but being in Pondy means the car costs me just 11,84,000/- On Road. This for a car which was quoted at 14.67L OTR (Corporate Registration) in Mumbai, my previous posting location. So, I guess I've got a savings of about 3L thanks to my company!

Anyway, since I'm buying using a Company Car Scheme, there is a lot of procedures, and currently I'm apparently at the "Capital Expenditure Requisition Stage":eek:. Another 10 days and the Purchase Order will be out. 1 month post that is what the guys at Capital Honda Pondicherry are quoting.

After going through the posts here, I'm thinking of exploring the option of changing the alloys and the tires (the only part of the car that doesn't ooze sex appeal IMHO). Here's hoping it works!

#FirstPost

Quote:

Originally Posted by krishnadevjs (Post 3392654)

A new BHPian here, and I must say, after years of going through the discussions on this forum on multiple cars, it sure does feel great to be a part of this group now!

#FirstPost

Ahh! Welcome onboard! Hope we get to see a comparo between the 3 once your car is in! :)

Quote:

Personally, I feel it is much less powerful than my favourite, my dad's Vento TDi Highline and much less refined than my mom's Polo TSi Highline, but I was just blown away by the overall beauty of the car and the comfort levels that this car has to offer. Besides 3 Volkswagens in the family would be overkill!

I am NOT sure 3 VWs in a family would be an overkill, but 4 smileys in a post is definitely an overkill (as per the rules)! :D Please restrict smileys to 2 per post!

Quote:

Most of you would hate me for this, but being in Pondy means the car costs me just 11,84,000/- On Road. This for a car which was quoted at 14.67L OTR (Corporate Registration) in Mumbai, my previous posting location. So, I guess I've got a savings of about 3L thanks to my company! :)

Welcome Aboard :) And yes I had checked the Pondicherry pricing earlier too - its the lowest price for South India - will surely make the rest of the folks turn green seeing the price you just quoted :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by vsrivatsa (Post 3392739)
Welcome Aboard :) And yes I had checked the Pondicherry pricing earlier too - its the lowest price for South India - will surely make the rest of the folks turn green seeing the price you just quoted :D

Went to Peninsular Honda at Trivandrum again today evening. The top end VXCVT has a waiting period of 6 months and SVCVT can be delivered in 2 months.

The sales guy is telling me that paddle shifts are not really required unless there are long trips to make. As per him, the automatic gearbox has adequate power for overtaking even without paddle shifts. Any CVT owners please help me out here.

I got price quotes as below for the accessories missing in SVCVT:

Camera on Rear view Mirror : 15000 (Will check and let me know if it includes sensors)
Fog Lamp : 4500 (Will let me know the exact price)

For Teflon Coating : 4500

Apart from this, to prevent dirt inside in the beige floor, Vinyl flooring can be done for 5000.

Advised me to buy 195 R15 tyres and alloys from outside since it will be costlier in the dealership.

Under body protection can be done for 5000. Is this really required?

Finally I took the delivery of my car ( Petrol) last friday. I have picked up alloys, body coloured reverse sensor from Capitol Honda itself. Attached some pictures.
Special thanks to Srivatsa and Harry for creating awareness on handling charges. This helped me to get some discounts on accessories.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adarsh76 (Post 3392846)
Went to

Under body protection can be done for 5000. Is this really required?

Well, I was asking the same question to a friend of mine who used to work in General Motors, and he assures me that this underbody coating thing is a sham.

As per him, the concept of underbody coating is only for countries where there are occurrences of snowing. To de-ice the roads, salt is sprinkled. The resultant salty water, when splashed onto the underbody, will cause rusting.

I doubt there'll be any such occurence in Trivandrum anytime soon. So, I wouldn't suggest it.

And the carpets, I switched to the 3M Nomad Carpets on our Vento and Polo, and have to say they're the best! You can get it at 3M Car Care in Vyttila, Kochi.

Has any CVT owners reported on the fuel efficiency? Interesting to know real condition FE, as ARAI rating is almost same for manual/auto

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanoop.Patteri (Post 3392876)
Finally I took the delivery of my car ( Petrol) last friday. I have picked up alloys, body coloured reverse sensor from Capitol Honda itself. Attached some pictures.
Special thanks to Srivatsa and Harry for creating awareness on handling charges. This helped me to get some discounts on accessories.

Congrats! clap: The car and the alloys look awesome. Did you up size tyres to 195/60R15 as well?