Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2018, 13:19   #2446
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Elite i20 : Official Review

Dear All,

For all of them who want the OEM horns of creta in their respective cars, Kindly go ahead and buy it from Hyundai service centre and install it. Its plug and play arrangement and connectors are same in both the cars.

Kindly refer below links of youtube videos for more clarifications. These links are for Elite i20 only.

Last edited by N4Nikunj : 12th February 2018 at 13:20.
N4Nikunj is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th February 2018, 12:24   #2447
BHPian

Did anyone get rid of the steering rattle? Is there a solution or we just need to live with it.
My 23300kms done car produces whoosh sound when steering is turned. Sound is produced when you rotate the steering.
Old 20th February 2018, 12:36   #2448
BHPian

I have a 2016 CRDI with 14000 on the odo.

When Im driving, I face some resistance when I shift from 1st to 2nd and from 3rd to 2nd. While this happens occasionally, at times it leads to an extraordinarily long shift time, and you can actually feel some movement in the stick before it falls into place, like some shaft is rotating. The gearshift feels notchy as well, unlike 2nd to 3rd

Has anyone else experienced anything on these lines?

At the last service they just greased the ball joint, which hardly helped
Old 22nd February 2018, 18:06   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
Did anyone get rid of the steering rattle? Is there a solution or we just need to live with it.
My 23300kms done car produces whoosh sound when steering is turned. Sound is produced when you rotate the steering.
Yes I am hearing sound like wires are crushing when turning steering wheel in my ASTA diesel but only at slow or parking speed. With wind/tyre noise at speeds or with music system on, it is not heard or is suppressed. I started hearing it from 40K kms and now at 50K kms. I am living with it (afraid of getting any other issue if it is opened by service center).
Old 22nd February 2018, 22:28   #2450
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I did my second Free servicing at 9860 KM this week. the service adviser while handing over car to me was giving some information like how to check oil and so on .. while he pulled out oil gauge, it was black. i did not say anything but he himself said as this is Diesel car the oil is black in color. is that the case or they did not flush completely ?
Old 23rd February 2018, 10:07   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjubaba View Post
Hello Friends,

I did my second Free servicing at 9860 KM this week. the service adviser while handing over car to me was giving some information like how to check oil and so on .. while he pulled out oil gauge, it was black. i did not say anything but he himself said as this is Diesel car the oil is black in color. is that the case or they did not flush completely ?
As far as I can remember, the fresh oil was not black.

What they drained definitely was and thats when I heard the 'its a diesel engine' line, especially since I had not done the full 10K prior to the service
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:32   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Yes I am hearing sound like wires are crushing when turning steering wheel in my ASTA diesel but only at slow or parking speed. With wind/tyre noise at speeds or with music system on, it is not heard or is suppressed. I started hearing it from 40K kms and now at 50K kms. I am living with it (afraid of getting any other issue if it is opened by service center).
Don't be afraid. You got warranty (extended?) on your side plus we, to back you up. And, for a concern like yours' don't directly go to the dealership. Make it a problem you want to be taken care of by Hyundai themselves. Then, see how it gets done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4Nikunj View Post
Dear All,

For all of them who want the OEM horns of creta in their respective cars, Kindly go ahead and buy it from Hyundai service centre and install it. Its plug and play arrangement and connectors are same in both the cars.

Kindly refer below links of Youtube videos for more clarifications. These links are for Elite i20 only.
Just so that you guys are aware, the cost of this horn set (low and high) of Hyundai Creta costs Rs 2800/-

Fitting charges extra!

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorguy View Post
I have an Elite i20 Asta (2016) - from the first month I have observed this thud thud sound on speedbreakers. I thought it was something loose but forgot to mention it during the regular service. Now that you have mentioned it, it seems that this is a normal sound.
This is not a normal sound. And, Hyundai has a solution for it. Go, approach the dealership and complain. It will be resolved. I got it resolved and many others here got too.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 26th February 2018 at 06:33. Reason: Back-back posts < 20 mins. Please EDIT/use MULTI-QUOTE moving forward. + Removed embedded videos from quoted post.
Dinesh_Malhotra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 11:39   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinesh_Malhotra View Post
This is not a normal sound. And, Hyundai has a solution for it. Go, approach the dealership and complain. It will be resolved. I got it resolved and many others here got too.
I think its because of the bush, they will replace if FOC, if thats the cause. I had got mine replaced, as I used to hear a thud sound coming from the suspension, when going over a speed breaker at a slightly higher speed.

Quote:
Hello Friends,

The oil change may not have happened, there is no reason for oil to be black unless it was just topped up. Was the level in the dipstick correct?

Last edited by Eddy : 23rd February 2018 at 13:54. Reason: Merged
aspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 12:11   #2454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Friends,

The service advisors don't actually work on your car. Their job is to issue you the job card and leave your car at the service bay. The technician at the bay will be allotted your car and he will do the servicing. After his job is complete, the service advisor brings the car out to you. The service advisor never checks on your car until the time he drives out to hand it to you. Why? He has 10-15 other customers like you almost every hour to attend to, and to issue job cards. How do I know? Years of personal experience and knowing a SA personally.

I said all that to tell you this: the service advisors themselves blindly trust the technicians to do the job and most of them do fine because they have a close rapport with each other. In your case, I guess, the moment he pulled out the dipstick, he realised that oil wasn't changed (remember he trusts his technician friend to do the job) and instead of accepting his mistake, he was covering up with some nonsense. Of course, it's very rare for someone to accept their mistake when their job is at stake.

Coming to the issue: Freshly topped up engine oil is golden yellow in colour. Never black, never ever. Your service advisor most definitely hasn't changed the engine oil and he is covering himself and his technician friend up with a lie.
swiftdiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2018, 13:24   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
I used to hear a thud sound coming from the suspension, when going over a speed breaker at a slightly higher speed.
The bush change fixed this?

Ive faced this and I always took this for the front suspension going through full compression, hence ignored it
Old 23rd February 2018, 14:41   #2456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udainxs View Post
The bush change fixed this?

Ive faced this and I always took this for the front suspension going through full compression, hence ignored it
Yes the change was immediately visible, do get it replaced.
aspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 21:31   #2457
BHPian

Guys, I test drove the new elite i20 today. Love the looks of this refreshed car. I have a few questions from current owners -

1] The petrol car felt a little underpowered with 4 people on board. In the city it is not going to be an issue; however, on the highway, am I going to face issues while overtaking, etc,.?
2] Are the halogen based projector headlamps sufficiently bright?
3] Is the AC powerful? I have seen reviewers complain about the AC.
4] I know that the earlier i20 model (2011 - 2014) version had steering rattling issue. Is this still persistent in today’s model?

Your inputs are much appreciated. Thank you
Old 26th February 2018, 00:20   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satishtv View Post
Guys, I test drove the new elite i20 today. Love the looks of this refreshed car. I have a few questions from current owners -

1] The petrol car felt a little underpowered with 4 people on board. In the city it is not going to be an issue; however, on the highway, am I going to face issues while overtaking, etc,.?
2] Are the halogen based projector headlamps sufficiently bright?
3] Is the AC powerful? I have seen reviewers complain about the AC.
4] I know that the earlier i20 model (2011 - 2014) version had steering rattling issue. Is this still persistent in today’s model?

Your inputs are much appreciated. Thank you
1) The petrol is definitely not a stonker, its performance in city is decent, and on highway too, I feel its adequate. In city driving, the gearing is quite smart, and the car can lug itself from almost standstill even in 2nd gear. Today, our i20 did a 250km highway trip, and it could attain 100-120 km/h speeds with relative ease. However, beyond 130-140, there is no more power. When in 3 digit speeds, overtaking takes some planning, but its not all bad. In all honesty, even though its just about adequate by enthusiast standards, I've always felt that it does its job for regular kind of usage.

3) The AC is a chiller. Mine is a Sportz variant, with manual AC, and it works very effectively in hot and humid Kolkata summers.

4) Personal experience, havent yet faced anything such in around ~7000 km / 5 months of usage.

Last edited by ts1506 : 26th February 2018 at 00:26.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2018, 16:58   #2459
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am a total noob when it comes to automobile. I need your help in choosing the engine oil for Elite I20 Diesel.

The car is almost reaching 10k kms, can someone suggest a good engine oil? Should I try fully synthetic or should i stick to semi-synthetic?

Your advice will be very helpful.
Old 28th February 2018, 17:16   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prasathlr View Post
The car is almost reaching 10k kms, can someone suggest a good engine oil? Should I try fully synthetic or should i stick to semi-synthetic?
I would suggest, stick to the manufacturer recommended oil if you are not very particular about how the engine sounds/behaves when using a synthetic oil. Yes, synthetic oil might make the engine run a bit smoother, but the difference might or might not be visible.
Besides, your car is new and is about to cross just 10K. Better stick with manufacturer recommended oil for some more time. You can change it probably during the next service if you feel so.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks