Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2015, 21:28   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmenon View Post
... They quoted 22k for a Sony touchscreen HU which also had the disadvantage that the steering controls wouldn't work...
You can get an adapter to get the steering controls work. Will cost you 2K approximately. All good aftermarket shops will have it.
Old 28th September 2015, 17:13   #1112
BHPian

Finally booked ZDI+ variant ... eagerly waiting for Navratra's to start for delivery !

While waiting for delivery, have ordered the following online -

1. Gear Lock
2. Body Cover
3. Jopasu Duster
4. Microfiber cloth/3M

I'll be hitting the highway just couple of days after delivery!
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 18:04   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
Video works fine. Works only if hand break is engaged. This is how it is in most video players in the market for safety although there is a hack to it. Will try and update.
Hey Man, were you able to locate any workaround for this ?
Old 28th September 2015, 19:05   #1114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptaneja View Post
Hey Man, were you able to locate any workaround for this ?
I didn't try. For a change, thought of leaving the vehicle in stock condition although I had enquired in an after market store in Koramangala and they said it will not be an issue. It will involve some wiring changes and an additional switch to replicate the hand brake behaviour in circuit level only.
Old 28th September 2015, 19:11   #1115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisheksircar View Post
I didn't try. For a change, thought of leaving the vehicle in stock condition although I had enquired in an after market store in Koramangala and they said it will not be an issue. It will involve some wiring changes and an additional switch to replicate the hand brake behaviour in circuit level only.
Ahh...if this is the case then its too much of a trouble - maybe even amounting to warranty issues ?
Old 30th September 2015, 21:38   #1116
BHPian

Now that Maruti is offering the 1.6 diesel engine in the S Cross, can they not offer the same engine in the Ciaz. Definately the costs involved for doing this could not be the reason why Maruti has not done this yet.

Just when the Ciaz was launched I took a test drive of the diesel powered version and was left utterly disappointed. There is tremendous lag and even after the turbo spools up the power delivery at best can be described as moderate.

My family owns a 2008 model Swift Diesel, 2013 model Swift diesel and a recently acquired 1.6 ltr Diesel powered S Cross all of which are superb daily drives from the point of view of an auto enthusiast. What I mean is that you do enjoy a brisk drive in all of these diesel powered Marutis. If Maruti can plonk the 1.6 diesel into the Ciaz then I am sure there are many more potential buyers like me included who will want to own one.

Can we have a poll on this
Old 1st October 2015, 03:08   #1117
Senior - BHPian

Any reviews for Ciaz Hybrid?

What is the service interval for Ciaz diesel variant?

Also is it a good idea to go for diesel if annual running is less than 10k?
Old 1st October 2015, 07:52   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Any reviews for Ciaz Hybrid?

What is the service interval for Ciaz diesel variant?

Also is it a good idea to go for diesel if annual running is less than 10k?
Service interval is the normal 10K/1 Year.

Go what your heart says !! Go with what you like more while test driving !!

My annual driving would be around 12K or so per year, but still I have booked Diesel.

- I can live with paying a bit more EMI/One time lakh or so premium, but would love when 1800/- would give you a tank full.
-Even if both petrol and diesel would cost same, diesel would be beneficial with greater mileage per litre.
-For how many years you want to retain the car ? I am planning atleast 8 years.
-I never went ahead with break-even funda calculation - I loved the drive of diesel, would be my first diesel and just went ahead with it. For me it doesn't matter if break even comes at 5 year mark or 8 year mark.
-

And Yea, if you go by books, under 10K diesel is not recommended.
ptaneja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 08:00   #1119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Service interval is the normal 10K/1 Year.

Go what your heart says !! Go with what you like more while test driving !!

My annual driving would be around 12K or so per year, but still I have booked Diesel.

- I can live with paying a bit more EMI/One time lakh or so premium, but would love when 1800/- would give you a tank full.
-Even if both petrol and diesel would cost same, diesel would be beneficial with greater mileage per litre.
-For how many years you want to retain the car ? I am planning atleast 8 years.
-I never went ahead with break-even funda calculation - I loved the drive of diesel, would be my first diesel and just went ahead with it. For me it doesn't matter if break even comes at 5 year mark or 8 year mark.
-

And Yea, if you go by books, under 10K diesel is not recommended.
Even my heart calls for diesel this time. Already have 3rd gen Honda City iVtec as a petrol companion which is way faster than Ciaz petrol.

I will be planning to keep the car for long time. Our Wagonr crossed 8 years last april. In general we keep our cars for long periods yet keep them maintained to best of my ability.

Concern for service interval was due to the fact that I need to have my City serviced every 5k.

Will be having a test drive of Ciaz hybrid diesel and petrol back to back soon and make a final call.

When you are getting your car delivered? Any waiting periods? In delhi, there are no waiting periods.

Please do update with initial ownership experience with Ciaz diesel.
Old 1st October 2015, 08:11   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Even my heart calls for diesel this time. Already have 3rd gen Honda City iVtec as a petrol companion which is way faster than Ciaz petrol.

I will be planning to keep the car for long time. Our Wagonr crossed 8 years last april. In general we keep our cars for long periods yet keep them maintained to best of my ability.

Concern for service interval was due to the fact that I need to have my City serviced every 5k.

Will be having a test drive of Ciaz hybrid diesel and petrol back to back soon and make a final call.

When you are getting your car delivered? Any waiting periods? In delhi, there are no waiting periods.

Please do update with initial ownership experience with Ciaz diesel.
My booking was done on 27th Sep - would be taking delivery during Navratra's. (Gurgaon - no waiting )

Go ahead and take a test drive - all I heard was "small engine/no power/press accelerator nothing happens" - I am a sedate driver myself, rarely crossing 80/100 speed ; neither roads nor sane mind allows me to cross this barrier - and for my type of driving, car is super efficient and peppy.

Like you, I do stick on to my cars - I sell off my cars only after crossing 1Lakh kms ! But exchanging my present SX4 with Ciaz is an exception ...Swift 2006 is still going strong after 1,64,000 kms !!

I was thinking, what if, we get the car services outside at known friendly garage rather than MASS ? Would it void warranty ? Or is it a must to get it serviced at MASS , till Free Servicing exists / Warranty is valid ?
Old 1st October 2015, 08:26   #1121
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My booking was done on 27th Sep - would be taking delivery during Navratra's. (Gurgaon - no waiting )
That's great, Navratras are about to begin in 10-12 days. Do post initial experience. Which color have you opted for?

I am planning to book in Navratras and take delivery before Diwali. Lets see how it goes

Quote:
I was thinking, what if, we get the car services outside at known friendly garage rather than MASS ? Would it void warranty ? Or is it a must to get it serviced at MASS , till Free Servicing exists / Warranty is valid ?
During warranty period, I guess we need to stick to MASS for service intervals for warranty validity as it is a must, after warranty period we can have the car serviced from any garage of our choice.
Old 1st October 2015, 09:19   #1122
BHPian

Quote:
That's great, Navratras are about to begin in 10-12 days. Do post initial experience. Which color have you opted for?

I am planning to book in Navratras and take delivery before Diwali. Lets see how it goes

During warranty period, I guess we need to stick to MASS for service intervals for warranty validity as it is a must, after warranty period we can have the car serviced from any garage of our choice.
Oh yea !! Waiting for it with sleepless nights!!!
I was also earlier thinking about doing the booking during Navratra's, but the Sales Guy was after my life! And moreover the assurance of delivery during these auspicious days was a bonus!

After watching, growing up and driving all my life in lighter shades of white and silver's, I have this time opted for a darker shade - "METALLIC GLISTENING GREY" - I know cleaning this would be a mess, but lets see.

By October end, November first week, I am planning to visit Waxoyl Dealer in Delhi for a complete paint sealent treatment - somehow I feel this is better than over-hyped 3M. Product I am being suggested is > 100Plus Paint Sealent with 1 year warranty (http://www.opulentwaxoyl.com/PaintSealant.php )
Charges quoted to me are 4K. ( 2 Microfiber cloth as freebies )

Do let me know if you get your car by then, we can plan out, and see if two cars fetch better discount ?!
ptaneja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 14:36   #1123
BHPian

After a comfortable 15k+ km on the odo, I would say I am a satisfied customer.

Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150917_085548.jpg
Pls no comments on saftey (was taken not by the driver without blocking the view or disturbing the driver while decelerating to stop at a red signal)

Ticks my boxes even after all these kms.

1. Cheaper (1L cheaper than the honda city's equivalent model)
2. Looks great (thanks to my black alloys)
3. Valued brand (been around for three decades)
4. Proven engine (been around for more than a decade)
5. Great mileage (15l/km inside city, 19.7km/l on highway)
6. Very spacious (enough room for my kid to play)
7. Comfortable seats (At 6 ft, there is still enough space for rear passenger)
8. Feature loaded (keyless entry, motorized mirrors, reverse video, bluetooth connectivity handsfree and audio)
9. Enough storage areas inside the car
10. Premium and uncomplicated dashboard, well lit foot well, beige/black combo interiors
11. Rides comfortably (thanks to my up sized Michelin tires)

NOTE: Work around which adds comfort

>sun glasses holder doubles as mobile holder from where we can play videos.

>If front seats head rest is removed and pulled all the way to the front and reclined completely back, it becomes a comfortable stretched out leg rest for the rear passenger.

>Using the accelerator and brake, as minimum as possible even while maintaining good speeds/bumper to bumper traffic, improves the mileage remarkably (completely changed the way I drive and I have become a better driver after more than 2 lakh km on my other cars) art Ciaz taught me is to catapult the car.

Getting Wheel alignment done again.
Maruti Ciaz : Official Review-20150922_183639.jpg

Last edited by Visaster : 1st October 2015 at 14:44.
Visaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 15:48   #1124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visaster View Post

>Using the accelerator and brake, as minimum as possible even while maintaining good speeds/bumper to bumper traffic, improves the mileage remarkably (completely changed the way I drive and I have become a better driver after more than 2 lakh km on my other cars) art Ciaz taught me is to catapult the car.
Hello!
Can you please provide more details on this ? what is the "new" process being followed ?
Old 1st October 2015, 19:06   #1125
BHPian

Do Ciaz owners have issues with the smatplay infotainment. Today I found something weird. With just the battery on I tried playing music and there is no response. Can't change volume . it was dead silence. Finally switched the car off completely. Switched it on and then the infotainment. Voila.. It worked.. Also I find overlap of the rear camera signs on the music screen for couple of seconds whenever I reverse.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks