Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2015, 22:04   #331
BHPian

Re: Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review

Hey everyone !!

I saw this Bolt in Mantri Square, Malleswaram, Bangalore last week. It's still on display though. It's with the full body kit and looks very similar to the 120 BHP one which is in this article http://www.team-bhp.com/news/120-bhp...how?model=MzMw.

Sorry for the not so great image quality.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_25_59_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_26_11_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_26_36_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_26_58_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_27_30_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_27_21_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_27_12_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_26_26_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_26_48_pro.jpg  

Tata Bolt 1.2L Revotron : Official Review-wp_20150407_11_28_04_pro.jpg  

themonster is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 15:25   #332
BHPian

I'm like when I hear negative about Bolt. There are people in my company who convinced another guy not to buy the Bolt just because it is a taxi car, even when I was screaming TATA is not giving it for commercial registration.
Also the guy was happy with the Etios Liva, even though it has interiors no where close to the Bolt (no offence to the Toyota owners).

So people do have this mentality about TATA (Truck and Taxi wale).
Why we see Indica in taxi is because it was cheap to own and run and spares are easily available all across the country.

A funny remark by a colleague of mine : Don't by the TATA (he meant Bolt), your bandi (girlfriend) won't sit in it after seeing the logo.

The funny thing, I happen to sit beside this bandi's friend and I showed both of them few pics of Bolt's interiors and exteriors, hiding the logo.
These girls were like wow what car is this. I didn't tell them at first, and later I told them that it is TATA Bolt.
And they were very happy. They had no problem with Bolt being from TATA, infact they did not even care, for them the car looked FAB.
I asked would you buy it if you have to, their reply was YES YES.
Then I asked would you ride in it if your boyfriend drove it, again they were I'd love to, it is FAB.
v_safari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2015, 16:34   #333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
I'm like when I hear negative about Bolt.
I saw one Bolt on highway and was trailing it for about 15-20 mins. From rear, Bolt looks wide and proportionate. I only feel sorry for those who are rejecting Bolt just because it is Tata car.

Last edited by ksameer1234 : 23rd April 2015 at 16:34. Reason: Typo
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:02   #334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksameer1234 View Post
I saw one Bolt on highway and was trailing it for about 15-20 mins. From rear, Bolt looks wide and proportionate. I only feel sorry for those who are rejecting Bolt just because it is Tata car.
Yes, it is a good looking car. It's fate would have been different, had it been a Maruti/Hyundai made.
Old 23rd April 2015, 17:17   #335
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v_safari View Post
Yes, it is a good looking car. It's fate would have been different, had it been a Maruti/Hyundai made.
May be, but not always the case. Maruti & Hyundai had their own share of failures and I am not talking of the C or D segment disasters. Maruti had the bombed Estilo, A Star while the Hyundai has the Getz which did not set the sales chart on fire.

Talking of Bolt, it does look like a good car. But Tata has got a bigger problem at its hands - that of brand image. And they are themselves to be blamed for it, not anyone else. Now, they need a total makeover. It is indeed a difficult thing to do, esp. for a homegrown brand but then take the example of Bajaj. Before it came up with Pulsar, it was a brand enough to turn-off the youngsters and was termed as a boring scooter maker. However, with quite some effort and good strategies, they have managed to turnaround their brand image. Tata needs similar makeover. They have managed to bring the product quality at par with the competition, hope the engineering is good too, though owners will confirm that. But they need an image makeover to become desirable.

Thanks!
Old 24th April 2015, 09:44   #336
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
May be, but not always the case. Maruti & Hyundai had their own share of failures and I am not talking of the C or D segment disasters. Maruti had the bombed Estilo, A Star while the Hyundai has the Getz which did not set the sales chart on fire.

Talking of Bolt, it does look like a good car. But Tata has got a bigger problem at its hands - that of brand image. And they are themselves to be blamed for it, not anyone else. Now, they need a total makeover. It is indeed a difficult thing to do, esp. for a homegrown brand but then take the example of Bajaj. Before it came up with Pulsar, it was a brand enough to turn-off the youngsters and was termed as a boring scooter maker. However, with quite some effort and good strategies, they have managed to turnaround their brand image. Tata needs similar makeover. They have managed to bring the product quality at par with the competition, hope the engineering is good too, though owners will confirm that. But they need an image makeover to become desirable.

Thanks!
You are absolutely right there, every other manufacturer has had their share of failures, but problem with TATA is the perception that people have for them. Even though BOLT is such a competent car, people find themselves in showrooms other than TATA and buy junk .

It saddens me, when I hear irrelevant remarks from people who do not know anything about cars.
Anyways TATA has a lot of work to do to change this perception, and I beleive they are working on it too.
v_safari is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th April 2015, 20:11   #337
Distinguished - BHPian

Test drove the bolt yesterday and was impressed with the space tata has managed to carve out. The 1.2 revotron is not a tarmac scorcher but should keep most of the city + sometimes long drive folks happy. Its a pity that such a good product is not seeing that traction it should have got.

The key factor for me is the relative cost of safety if I assume that most of the features on the products are similar
- Bolt XMS comes with ABS & Front airbags for 6.8L on-road
- While the grand i10 Asta(O) is 7.3L
- i20 Elite Asta(O) is 8.2L

Add to this the AMC plan that Tata is offering along with the car and it makes the Zest/Bolt a great buy
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2015, 12:44   #338
BHPian

Unfortunately, the Bolt seems to be rapidly becoming a dud due to poor pricing. Just 600 odd units sold last month!

The price needed to be at least 1 lakh less than the Zest for it to succeed. It is a great car and it is sad to see it selling much less than the Vista it was supposed to replace.
Old 14th May 2015, 02:46   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
Unfortunately, the Bolt seems to be rapidly becoming a dud due to poor pricing. Just 600 odd units sold last month!

The price needed to be at least 1 lakh less than the Zest for it to succeed. It is a great car and it is sad to see it selling much less than the Vista it was supposed to replace.
Most of Tata model were sold less last month, some issue may be ? Should wait for next months report to confirm. Anyways, the price difference is about 30K, and we did have a 45K exchange bonus on the Bolt which brings the difference to about 75K, which is pretty OK. But Tata should have kept the difference atleast 50-60K without such exchange bonus gimmicks.

No Ownership reports of the Bolt yet ??
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2015, 09:40   #340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
Most of Tata model were sold less last month, some issue may be ? Should wait for next months report to confirm. Anyways, the price difference is about 30K, and we did have a 45K exchange bonus on the Bolt which brings the difference to about 75K, which is pretty OK. But Tata should have kept the difference atleast 50-60K without such exchange bonus gimmicks.

No Ownership reports of the Bolt yet ??
I recently checked Concorde motors showroom, Patparganj, and apart from the exchange bonus, they are offering some cash discount as well on the Bolt.
The hint was 15K, but can be negotiated more.
Old 12th June 2015, 16:18   #341
BHPian

not a single ownership review on T-Bhp yet :(

Seriously no owners here ?
Old 14th June 2015, 14:01   #342
BHPian

During a visit for service at Concorde, Bangalore, I checked out the Bolt out of curiosity. I came away impressed with the general fit and finish. The current offer for the Bolt is 50k cash discount, 25k exchange bonus and 3x3x3 AMC, Road-side assistance and warranty. It sounds good but I would be extremely wary of buying a flop car.
Motard_Blr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 14:44   #343
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand.shankar View Post
not a single ownership review on T-Bhp yet :(

Seriously no owners here ?

Hello All/Anand

I have just got through with my T-BHP membership and i do own a TATA BOLT XMS REVOTRON .

I will put a ownership report in the next one week.

Regards,
Shabz
Shabzhere is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 18th June 2015, 16:50   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Hello All/Anand

I have just got through with my T-BHP membership and i do own a TATA BOLT XMS REVOTRON .

Regards,
Shabz
Welcome to teambhp.
Wish you many happy miles on the Bolt Xt
Old 18th June 2015, 23:36   #345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
During a visit for service at Concorde, Bangalore, I checked out the Bolt out of curiosity. I came away impressed with the general fit and finish. The current offer for the Bolt is 50k cash discount, 25k exchange bonus and 3x3x3 AMC, Road-side assistance and warranty. It sounds good but I would be extremely wary of buying a flop car.
A bit too early to conclude it as a sales flop, dont you think? however, does it have any reported niggles? I tested the car and it felt solid. Tested it back to back with the Swift, Ei20. Swift felt hollow and light, Bolt did feel solid I would have put it ahead of the i20 if not for the Vista silhouette. That said, Bolt has a better steering feel than the vague and grumpy steering on the i20. My usual drive is a Liva, and I felt i20 had the most lousy steering around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Hello All/Anand

Regards,
Shabz
Congrats on your new car, eagerly waiting for a review.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks