Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2019, 07:07   #2581
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Has anyone changed the wiper (front and rear)? If so, what did you go for?
Changed the front ones to Bosch last October. Got to use them 7 months later in the Chennai drizzle yesterday ! They did a tidy job, thankfully with no shuddering or squeaking. They costed me ₹650 total; sorry, I don't recall the part #s though.
knockout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2019, 08:42   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Changed the front ones to Bosch last October. Got to use them 7 months later in the Chennai drizzle yesterday ! They did a tidy job, thankfully with no shuddering or squeaking. They costed me ₹650 total; sorry, I don't recall the part #s though.
Thank you! My current ones are okish. Might visit Bosch Porur today and get them changed
Old 23rd June 2019, 09:53   #2583
BHPian

I am at my wit's end with the miserable OEM horns and plan to replace them. My FNG suggests to replace at the existing mounting location. However this calls for the front bumper to be removed and refitted..........Is this a straight forward job? I am concerned about the snap locks breaking and ending up with a jugaad fitment......Any experience on this front?

Anybody fitted an aftermarket auto ORVM closure relay in a Jazz (mine is a 2015 VX) ?

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 24th June 2019 at 08:30. Reason: See note in post.
Old 23rd June 2019, 23:06   #2584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Let me tell you the synthetic oil provided by Honda is the cheapest in India and the quality is not at all bad for the price we pay. I think they are using Idemitsu oil and even after my 3k kms tour (4 day trip), the oil did not give up. I keep changing every 10k kms as my driving has increased. There have been instances when I had to change every 6 months without even completing 2k kms to make sure warranty is not affected.
Thanks for your replies rahulskumar. I agree the synthetic oil provided by Honda is good. In fact while reading reviews on other non company engine oils in the engine oil thread, I even asked myself how could the Honda 1.2 litre petrol engine get any smoother with other better oils? Anyways I took the plunge last year and went in for the Shell Helix HX8 5W30 oil and I found the engine actually became quieter and a bit smoother as well. Now is it worth the premium above the regular Honda / Idemitsu engine oil is a question that each owner can answer himself / herself. I tend to over pamper my vehicles to I dont mind the price increase.

Quote:
Do you own CVT or manual petrol version ?
CVT.

Quote:
Overall cost of synthetic oil from Honda comes around Rs1360 and when you include the labor charges for 4th year service ( around Rs.2500 ) , the package is not that expensive. Just get the service done through Honda service center.
- Engine oil replacement
- Engine oil filter replacement
- Transmission fluid replacement
- Brakes inspect ( should be included in price )
- Spark plug replacement ( Rs.704 for all 4 from Honda service )
- Drive belt inspection
- Valve clearance inspection
- Fuel filter replacement ( why do you need this for petrol car ? )

You can get below items from Amazon and its DIY
- Air cleaner element clean ( Rs.770 from Honda )
- Dust and pollen filter replacement

Just check with them if they can help you to install Brembo pads. As Kosfactor mentioned after market pads might eat through the rotors, just check with few more members before switching.
Thanks for sharing the price breakup, that was most helpful indeed! Actually Ive experienced incompetence and lack of integrity from the Honda dealerships in Bangalore while dealing with them for services. I had an insurance claim for a door replacement with the Honda dealership here in Cochin last year and the showroom guy who is responsible for insurance claims kept feeding me information which the insurance company told me was clearly wrong. For example, the showroom guy told me that there is no cashless facility with my insurance company, no doubt about it, its my job to only deal with this, sir, I am 100% correct. I spoke to my insurance company and they were like, we dont know why the dealership is making such statements, we do cashless with them all the time So somehow I am wary of dealing with Honda dealerships, let me find out from service feedback from friends once again before making a decision.

For reference, I believe I paid Rs 2,100 for the Shell Helix HX8 5W30 engine oil from Amazon.

The fuel filter replacement is listed on the online service manual and hence I had listed it.

Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3537
Size:  22.8 KB

Quote:
Regarding AC: Jazz petrol AC is really poor when its hot outside. I installed Garware iceshield on all windows ( even windshield ) and the AC is really effective in Kerala and Hyderabad weather. Another advantage is that the intensity of headlights from opposite direction also reduces, really useful while driving on the single lane Kerala highway. I did not have budget for 3M, it might be better than Garware. I have seen negative reviews about bubble formation, make sure to take the 5 year warranty slip from the vendor
The 3M here is a mixed bag, I had got some much needed detailing work on my previous car done there and the overall experience was OK. They did really good work in some parts but ignored hard water stains etc saying I need to take a separate package for it. Before starting the work they had said everything will be done. I saw some other experiences of bubbles with the 3M film work in Cochin on a couple of ownership threads.

More than anything else, the super strict Kerala MVD is a worry. They can stop you and demand you remove the sunfilms and present the vehicle to their office for verification. So maybe its better to live with this heat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
Has anyone changed the wiper (front and rear)? If so, what did you go for?
I changed it earlier this year at the company SVC while dealing with an insurance claim. I think it came to around Rs 800 or so. Let me find the bill and confirm the price.

Quote:
I am at my wit's end with the miserable OEM horns and plan to replace them. My FNG suggests to replace at the existing mounting location. However this calls for the front bumper to be removed and refitted..........Is this a straight forward job? I am concerned about the snap locks breaking and ending up with a jugaad fitment......Any experience on this front?
I had got tired of the pansy horn in the Jazz and got an aftermarket horn instead that I bought from a two wheeler accessories shop I know. I had given it to the FNG while getting the annual service done and I believe they had to remove the bumper like you mentioned. I wasnt there in person but its definitely worth it as the stock horn can barely be heard by others and by you. If they cant hear you, whats the point of a horn!
Old 24th June 2019, 08:52   #2585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I drive a petrol cvt. I got my front brake pads changed at 33000 kms recently. Keeping in mind that an automatic car goes through the brakes faster, I expect manual models to last about 40k.

Hi, My diesel Jazz has done 21000km and had to replace the front brake pads . This seems unusual since they were replaced at 13000km also.

This time though, I had raised a complaint and the dealer, after consulting with Honda, changed it free of cost. This car is used within town only and not on hilly terrain and also used in a rather moderate driving pattern.
Anybody else having this problem ?
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 09:37   #2586
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Hi, My diesel Jazz has done 21000km and had to replace the front brake pads . This seems unusual since they were replaced at 13000km also.
That’s a surprise when my 4th generation Honda City brake pads lasted 42,000kms (first one) and the second one is at 44,000 kms+. I use the car at Cochin and weekly run to my home town at Kanjirappally. Make sure your brake rotors are fine. I would urge you to try late braking, more indulge in engine braking coupled with rev matching downshifts (good for your clutch too).

Last edited by ampere : 24th June 2019 at 10:00. Reason: typo fixed
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 11:07   #2587
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
I would urge you to try late braking, more indulge in engine braking coupled with rev matching downshifts (good for your clutch too).

I feel this should be rephrase and re-ordered- just to avoid confusion.

1. rev matching downshifts results in ...

2. Engine braking, which allows ...

3. ...late braking.

I'd rather say using 1 and 2 in anticipated situations puts less strain on the brake pedals.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 17:33   #2588
BHPian

I suppose Honda is already aware of the problem, else they wouldn't offer free replacement.

A friend with Jazz diesel is also having the same problem. First set replacement at 15 k Kms or so.

Have sent an email to Customer Care at Honda. Hope they will sort out the issue. I am more bothered about the long term issue, rather than one or two sets of brake pads
Old 25th June 2019, 10:58   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Anybody fitted an aftermarket auto ORVM closure relay in a Jazz (mine is a 2015 VX) ?
Yes, I have 2 horns in my car. S-CVT does not have dual horn set up, so I did not want to load my original wiring. I added a separate switch ( found on bikes ). You can just remove the black grill and fix the new horns and no need to remove bumper. Make sure you add a relay. I went for roots horn ( smaller ones ), in case you need to add clamps then its better to remove bumper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Thanks for your replies rahulskumar. I agree the synthetic oil provided by Honda is good. In fact while reading reviews on other non company engine oils in the engine oil thread, I even asked myself how could the Honda 1.2 litre petrol engine get any smoother with other better oils? Anyways I took the plunge last year and went in for the Shell Helix HX8 5W30 oil and I found the engine actually became quieter and a bit smoother as well. Now is it worth the premium above the regular Honda / Idemitsu engine oil is a question that each owner can answer himself / herself. I tend to over pamper my vehicles to I dont mind the price increase.
I think the noise we hear is from the CVT transmission. Anyways as I could not get hold of CVT transmission oil, I just prefer to visit Honda service to keep the warranty intact.

I visited Chidambaram ( covered 1870 kms in 3 days ) for my friends wedding. Whenever I complete long drives, the car is really fun to drive inside city for few hundred km's. I dont feel any issue with pick up and I can easily get around 14 kms/litre inside city. After some time I see the pick up decreases and I really need to push hard. I think the ECU keeps adjusting itself to the driving style. Has anyone observed similar issue ?

Do you see a little roughness around 3000 rpm ( may be for millisecond ), then it becomes smooth ?
The test drive vehicles are really in bad condition. I really wish I could drive another Jazz CVT for few kms.

Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by rahulskumar : 25th June 2019 at 10:58. Reason: remove spaces
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 13:52   #2590
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

This time though, I had raised a complaint and the dealer, after consulting with Honda, changed it free of cost. This car is used within town only and not on hilly terrain and also used in a rather moderate driving pattern.
Anybody else having this problem ?
Quote:
I suppose Honda is already aware of the problem, else they wouldn't offer free replacement.

A friend with Jazz diesel is also having the same problem. First set replacement at 15 k Kms or so.

Have sent an email to Customer Care at Honda. Hope they will sort out the issue. I am more bothered about the long term issue, rather than one or two sets of brake pads
One thing which might have happened is that Honda might have changed vendors or specifications on the brake pads as part of cost optimization. We see several posts on the VW threads of issues with suspension etc on cars manufactured after 2014 / 15 when VW decided to localize a lot of parts. Which year is your car manufactured in? What about your friend's car? For your usage, the brakes should not have given up so early.

Quote:
I visited Chidambaram ( covered 1870 kms in 3 days ) for my friends wedding. Whenever I complete long drives, the car is really fun to drive inside city for few hundred km's. I dont feel any issue with pick up and I can easily get around 14 kms/litre inside city. After some time I see the pick up decreases and I really need to push hard. I think the ECU keeps adjusting itself to the driving style. Has anyone observed similar issue ?
Haha, when I finish a long drive and get back to city driving, I feel I am more enthusiastic with the throttle as compared to my normal sedate city driving style. It never struck me that maybe the car could be contributing to it

Quote:
Do you see a little roughness around 3000 rpm ( may be for millisecond ), then it becomes smooth ?
Not really but I have a few days of long drives coming up soon so I will check on both the points you mentioned. Do you experience this in D mode or S mode or both?
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2019, 14:33   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
Similar issue is being reported by Amaze diesel owners also. When I was in US, even my 2008 model accord had brakes wearing out quite quickly. This was due to the electronic brake distribution system

You can check this link : https://blog.1aauto.com/what-causes-...w-to-solve-it/
You are really lucky that Honda has replaced your brake pads, check with them about the support when warranty gets over

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Not really but I have a few days of long drives coming up soon so I will check on both the points you mentioned. Do you experience this in D mode or S mode or both?
I observe this in D mode. In S-mode, the rpm hovers around 3000 and I dont feel it as it is anyways rough. I am a sedate driver, as soon as rpm gradually increases to 2800 mark, I feel slight roughness. Honda service center told me its normal. I don't believe them as they never accept anything and expect customer to live with it.

S-CVT does not have paddle shifters but it does have S mode and I hardly use it. I use L mode more often, so that I don't strain the transmission during inclines ( ramp inside malls , fully loaded in ghat section).

One more concern regarding CVT transmission oil change. In Jazz we don't have dip stick to measure oil level and neither any method to check the oil condition. I've replaced transmission oil in 2008 Accord myself. Transmission oil was easily available in Amazon US. The dip stick was very useful. If you plan to change it outside, really make sure that you get the transmission oil from Honda. Honda auto transmission is very very sensitive to the kind of oil used and replacing the transmission is a very expensive affair

Last edited by rahulskumar : 25th June 2019 at 14:45.
Old 25th June 2019, 17:47   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
Similar issue is being reported by Amaze diesel owners also. When I was in US, even my 2008 model accord had brakes wearing out quite quickly. This was due to the electronic brake distribution system

You can check this link : https://blog.1aauto.com/what-causes-...w-to-solve-it/

I really have no idea whether a similar EBD system is employed on the Indian Jazz models.

Anyway, I have received a reply from Honda. Really long blah blah letter with no merit. Guy had the nerve to term my email as a feedback email and not as a complaint.

I feel this is an issue since the dealership is cagey about replying anything definite. Even City models are easily running @ 35k to 45k between replacement s. Also to the best of my knowledge, this is the first regular hatchback vehicle to run out of brake pads within @ 10k KMs.

Let's see whether other users are also facing anything similar.
Old 2nd July 2019, 10:44   #2593
BHPian

I faced a curious problem this morning in my 2015 diesel Jazz VX.

The fan blower all of a sudden stopped working. Tried playing around with the touch buttons and nothing seemed to get the fan back to life.

I followed a hunch and turned off the engine (after parking) and turned it back on after 10 seconds. The blower was back to normal and did not give me any further issue.

Why did this happen? Should I take it seriously or was it just a one off case?

Last edited by feluda86 : 2nd July 2019 at 10:45. Reason: typo
Old 2nd July 2019, 13:44   #2594
BANNED

Culprit #1 - Batteries EoL

#2 - Loose wires?
Old 2nd July 2019, 14:14   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by feluda86 View Post
The fan blower all of a sudden stopped working. turned off the engine (after parking) and turned it back on after 10 seconds. The blower was back to normal and did not give me any further issue.
Since you were able to start the engine without any hiccup, battery doesn't seem to be the problem here. I suspect some loose connection in wiring that goes to the fan. Any evidence of rodent infestation in the engine bay?
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks