Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2019, 17:43   #2566
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Just curious to know how the handling is affected if one upsizes to 195 section tires, specifically for CVT models.

You might see impact on the initial pick up with 195/60 along with a tighter steering. Handling might be similar as the tire height is similar to 175/65
Old 31st May 2019, 19:20   #2567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
You might see impact on the initial pick up with 195/60 along with a tighter steering. Handling might be similar as the tire height is similar to 175/65
Tighter steering is something that I might actually prefer. A lag in he initial pickup - maybe not so much.
Old 31st May 2019, 20:37   #2568
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

A question for all the Honda Jazz owners, especially that of the petrol car ones. Have any of you changed the brake pads of your cars? If yes, how much had your car done when you changed them?

Out of academic curiosity, has anyone upgraded the brake fluid to DOT 5.1? Has this had any impact on brake feel?

Quote:
Do you know where can we procure the Honda CVT transmission oil in Kerala ?
I need to get the transmission oil changed this year. I was planning on checking with the Bosch service centre here in Cochin on what all Bosch components are available for service and whether they can procure the genuine Honda transmission oil. If not I will check if Honda sells it over the counter at their SVCs.

I'll keep you updated on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Tighter steering is something that I might actually prefer. A lag in he initial pickup - maybe not so much.
The steering feel improves for sure, the steering feels a tad heavier. The lag in pickup will be very minimal. I havent noticed any real change in handling between the test drives on the 175s and my car on the 195s but I upsized the tires on day 1 so I may not be the best judge.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 11:51   #2569
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
A question for all the Honda Jazz owners, especially that of the petrol car ones. Have any of you changed the brake pads of your cars? If yes, how much had your car done when you changed them?.
I drive a petrol cvt. I got my front brake pads changed at 33000 kms recently. Keeping in mind that an automatic car goes through the brakes faster, I expect manual models to last about 40k. My usage is about 80k a day in Mumbai City.
For what it's worth, the front left was completely worn out while the front right could've been used for another 5-6k. This could've also been a result of an improper alignment of the left pad which was carried out by the ASS sometime back when I complained of some rubbing noise.

Last edited by handsofsteel : 2nd June 2019 at 11:53.
handsofsteel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 11:28   #2570
BHPian

Quote:
A question for all the Honda Jazz owners, especially that of the petrol car ones. Have any of you changed the brake pads of your cars? If yes, how much had your car done when you changed them?
Last week I enquired with United Motors Chennai for Brembo red brake pads.
They quoted Rs.3000 for red ceramic brake pads + Rs.100 for shipping. In case you need rotors, it is additional Rs.6000. I need to check with service center if pads needs to be changed. I dont feel the initial bite that CVT version used to provide. Most probably driving inside Kerala increased brake wear. I dont want to use the same Honda provided pads next time.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 19:22   #2571
BHPian

Can someone let me know where is the CVT fluid level check stick/indicator ?
Old 9th June 2019, 19:43   #2572
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They quoted Rs.3000 for red ceramic brake pads + Rs.100 for shipping. In case you need rotors, it is additional Rs.6000. I need to check with service center if pads needs to be changed. I dont feel the initial bite that CVT version used to provide. Most probably driving inside Kerala increased brake wear. I dont want to use the same Honda provided pads next time.
Please make sure whatever aftermarket brake pads you are using does not eat through the rotors. It's cheaper to replace pads than rotors.
Old 9th June 2019, 20:33   #2573
Senior - BHPian

I, for one, am not in favour of changing safety critical components like brake pads, rotors and the like away from OE specs for regular use. Particularly on the advise of unknown people on the internet. Yes, even this forum.

It is not about intent but skin in the game. I have seen people spout eruditely about supercar handling only to realize later that it is a kid who does not even have a license!

For track it is a different matter

Last edited by sridhu : 9th June 2019 at 20:34.
Old 9th June 2019, 21:32   #2574
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone let me know where is the CVT fluid level check stick/indicator ?
There is none. You have to get in touch with the Honda service guys. Please check the below page from the manual.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-capture.jpg
Old 10th June 2019, 15:37   #2575
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
I drive a petrol cvt. I got my front brake pads changed at 33000 kms recently. Keeping in mind that an automatic car goes through the brakes faster, I expect manual models to last about 40k.
Quote:
Thanks for your responses. The 4 year / 80,000 km service is coming up in a few months time and Im trying to figure out what all needs to be done. My car has only done 26,200 kms as of now. The only couple of things which I feel need to be looked into are
- The braking has lost its original linear feel. Now there is a bit of play and then the braking is a bit sudden. Im not sure if it is a case of the brake fluid needing bleeding or replacing of the brake pads or the brake fluids. TBHPian Big Brad has got the brake fluid in his Polo TDI replaced with DOT 5.1 and felt no difference. So I might stick to replacing the current fluid with DOT 4. Depending on the condition of the pads and rotor, I'll likely go in for Brembos if required.
- The effectiveness of the AC hasnt really been great since day 1. The Jazz's cooling ability is definitely less than the Figo, Ignis and Punto that we have in our family. I got the filter cleaned and the system topped up last year but its still not very effective.

Below is what is listed in the service manual to be done for the 4 year service and my thoughts. It will be great to hear from TBHPians on their feedback
- Engine oil replacement
- Engine oil filter replacement
- Air cleaner element clean
- Valve clearance inspection
- Fuel filter replacement
- Spark plug replacement
- Drive belt inspection
- Transmission fluid replacement
- Brakes inspect
- Dust and pollen filter replacement

All the filters will need to be changed. I used Shell's Helix HX8 5W30 last year when I got the car serviced and its a great oil, the smooth little Honda engine got a whole lot smoother with the Shell oil. I picked it up from Amazon at a great price for this service as well. I will ask for the spark plug replacement to be done next year once I cross the 30,000 km mark (unless they need changing on inspection). I am planning on trying out the Bosch service centre in Cochin for all the work if I can source the Honda CVT oil. If I cant, Ill get all the work done at Bosch / my usual FNG and get the CVT oil only changed at Honda. The car has also picked up some battle scars from my parking mishaps and other careless motorists so I will need to get some paint touchup work done as well.
Old 10th June 2019, 15:49   #2576
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
My car has only done 26,200 kms as of now. The only couple of things which I feel need to be looked into are
All standard and recommended jobs except spark plug replacement (considering your low mileage).
I saw mine at 35000 kms and they are good enough for many more.
Not too sure about dust and pollen filter replacement. You may have a look before taking a call.
Finally, my AC seems to be pretty alright without anything having been touched so far.

Last edited by Aditya : 24th June 2019 at 07:20. Reason: Trimming quoted text
handsofsteel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2019, 20:01   #2577
BHPian

Quote:

Below is what is listed in the service manual to be done for the 4 year service and my thoughts. It will be great to hear from TBHPians on their feedback
- Engine oil replacement
- Air cleaner element clean
- Fuel filter replacement
- Spark plug replacement
- Drive belt inspection
- Brakes inspect
Let me tell you the synthetic oil provided by Honda is the cheapest in India and the quality is not at all bad for the price we pay. I think they are using Idemitsu oil and even after my 3k kms tour (4 day trip), the oil did not give up. I keep changing every 10k kms as my driving has increased. There have been instances when I had to change every 6 months without even completing 2k kms to make sure warranty is not affected.

Do you own CVT or manual petrol version ?

Overall cost of synthetic oil from Honda comes around Rs1360 and when you include the labor charges for 4th year service ( around Rs.2500 ) , the package is not that expensive. Just get the service done through Honda service center.
- Engine oil replacement
- Brakes inspect ( should be included in price )
- Spark plug replacement ( Rs.704 for all 4 from Honda service )
- Drive belt inspection
- Fuel filter replacement ( why do you need this for petrol car ? )

You can get below items from Amazon and its DIY
- Air cleaner element clean ( Rs.770 from Honda )

Just check with them if they can help you to install Brembo pads. As Kosfactor mentioned after market pads might eat through the rotors, just check with few more members before switching.

Regarding AC: Jazz petrol AC is really poor when its hot outside. I installed Garware iceshield on all windows ( even windshield ) and the AC is really effective in Kerala and Hyderabad weather. Another advantage is that the intensity of headlights from opposite direction also reduces, really useful while driving on the single lane Kerala highway. I did not have budget for 3M, it might be better than Garware. I have seen negative reviews about bubble formation, make sure to take the 5 year warranty slip from the vendor

Last edited by rahulskumar : 10th June 2019 at 20:05.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2019, 07:47   #2578
BHPian

Has anyone here upgraded the stock head unit?
I own the V CVT and have been interested in upgrading to a android auto supported / android head unit.
Haven't found any android auto head units so far. Plenty of android head units available on aliexpress right from 10k to 35k but not sure of the quality.
Any help in this would be much appreciated.

Last edited by SneakyFunk : 11th June 2019 at 07:53.
Old 11th June 2019, 09:19   #2579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Has anyone here upgraded the stock head unit?
I own the V CVT and have been interested in upgrading to a android auto supported / android head unit.
Haven't found any android auto head units so far. Plenty of android head units available on aliexpress right from 10k to 35k but not sure of the quality.
Any help in this would be much appreciated.
I went to a Pioneer AVh-Z5090BT

The install & other people's opinion on the unit here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4303928 (Installed! Pioneer AVH-Z5090BT in my Honda City)

Pretty decent.

Last edited by sridhu : 11th June 2019 at 09:20.
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2019, 12:03   #2580
BHPian

Has anyone changed the wiper (front and rear)? If so, what did you go for?
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed