Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th April 2021, 22:05   #2926
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

My car is out of warrant too (2016 model). Last year, I had my service done end of Feb 2020 and in March we had the lockdown. Almost till Oct/Nov, it had barely done 400-500 miles. I kept gettng calls from HASS, but I told them my car has run less than 500kms and I am not bringing it in for service. I finally got it done this year Jan when it had run around 3800 kms.

Earlier too, once I had not used my car much and it had barely covered 1800kms in six months. I told the service advisor I didn't want to change oil at that time and he was fine with it.

I honestly don't think the oil available these days deteriorate rapidly in six months. I plan on getting service done once every year if my usage is low.
sanchari is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 11:47   #2927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
I did my last service in October 2020 and has driven the car for ~3000 KMS and the next 6 month service due has come in. I'm getting frequent calls from the HASS and I'm not so interested in getting the service done and I don't see a long trip (min of 150 KMS) at least in the next 4-5 months.

Any idea, what is the difference in the new Jazz and the 2015 Jazz that makes the difference in the service cycle. 1 Yr vs 6 months? I'm fed up with this 6 month service.
Please ignore the religious calls you get from Honda - it is a nation wide phenomenon! All engine oils last well beyond 6 months provided the number of kilometres covered isn't too much. I have been servicing my 2011 Jazz once a year for the past 5-6 years!
Geo_Ipe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 18:22   #2928
BHPian

My Jazz engine died suddenly in running today. The mechanic from the service centre came down and found that the fuel pump was not working. He had come with a fuel pump, changed it there itself and car was up and running.

I remembered that Honda had recently issued a recall for fuel pumps. But, that is only for 2019 manufactured cars whereas mine is 2017 manufactured car. I wonder if faulty fuel pumps are restricted to only 2019 cars.
Deep Blue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 01:12   #2929
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deep Blue View Post
My Jazz engine died suddenly in running today. The mechanic from the service centre came down and found that the fuel pump was not working. He had come with a fuel pump, changed it there itself and car was up and running.

I remembered that Honda had recently issued a recall for fuel pumps. But, that is only for 2019 manufactured cars whereas mine is 2017 manufactured car. I wonder if faulty fuel pumps are restricted to only 2019 cars.
My 2018 Jazz had it's fuel pump replaced free of cost under a recall.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2021, 15:05   #2930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
My 2018 Jazz had it's fuel pump replaced free of cost under a recall.
I got the fuel pump changed few days back. The part + labour was estimated at Rs 11000. But after everything, the service executive said, he will put it up to Honda to be included under the recall. I have not heard from them afterwards. So I guess it has been approved and therefore free for me
Deep Blue is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 12:29   #2931
BHPian

With the new fuel pump, the acceleration response feels a lot better. The rubber band effect also seems less. The engine must have starved for fuel with the old fuel pump.
Deep Blue is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 08:38   #2932
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
My car is out of warrant too (2016 model). Last year, I had my service done end of Feb 2020 and in March we had the lockdown. Almost till Oct/Nov, it had barely done 400-500 miles. I kept gettng calls from HASS, but I told them my car has run less than 500kms and I am not bringing it in for service. I finally got it done this year Jan when it had run around 3800 kms.
I have a 2015 P MT Jazz. I got it last serviced in June 2019. Since then the car has barely run 2,500 kms. I recently checked the oil colour and level; both seemed fine. During the 2020 lockdown I always used to ensure that the engine was idling for atleast 10-15 minutes, each day, on Saturdays and Sundays. Once the lockdown ended I used to take her out for a 20-30 minutes spin on early Saturday and Sunday mornings, when traffic is nonexistent. Happy to report that the engine feels as smooth and refined as it did in 2019. Just FYI, my car has run only around 13,000kms till date; 90% of which has been in Mumbai city traffic.

Have been following the same engine idling policy in the ongoing lockdown in Mumbai. Just waiting for the 15th of May and praying that some of the existing curbs are relaxed.
Flanker99 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 20:02   #2933
BHPian

With a heavy heart, I said goodbye to my little orange limousine yesterday.
Switching to an XUV300 soon.

I will always miss the eternally refined petrol engine, and the extremely lenient gearbox on the Jazz.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 20:54   #2934
BHPian

My Jazz is nearing 35K on the odo and I would like to replace my tyres. Can someone help me finalize on a brand with approx costs?
eyesice is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 21:02   #2935
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
My Jazz is nearing 35K on the odo and I would like to replace my tyres. Can someone help me finalize on a brand with approx costs?
Your options are:
1. Yokohama Earth 1s - I have these on my Amaze and I'm extremely happy with ride quality as well as the strength of the sidewall.

2. Continental-I'm not sure about the variants but have heard a few good reviews about this brand.

3. Michelin- Offers the most silent and pillow like ride. Have heard some cases of torn sidewall due to their soft sidewall. Another issue might be getting them due to the import ban.

These options are great if you plan on doing some highway as well as city driving.

If this is strictly a city car then you're better off going with brands like MRF, Apollo, CEAT.

I unfortunately cannot help you with costs as I'm not aware of them myself. Why don't you check with a tyre dealer in your city.

Hope this helps
Sreesh1009 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 22:06   #2936

Ownership review of Honda Jazz 2020 ZX CVT

First of all I would like to thank the moderators of Team-BHP for approving my membership as I am very happy to be a part of this forum . Now coming to the ownership review , We bought the 2020 BS6 Honda Jazz ZX CVT last year in November 2020 from Perfect Honda , Kalamassery , Kochi.

We wanted a sub 4 m car as we had a 2010 Innova and the Innova was getting quite cumbersome to handle in Kochi's traffic.But we didn't want to replace the Innova either because it had clocked only 90,000 kms in 10 years and we didnt see any point in buying the Crysta which was quite over priced and our Innova drives like a new car even now with the engine and gearbox in pristine condition.

I had test driven the Nexon and Jazz .I wasn't happy with the Nexon after test driving the Jazz as the AMT gearbox in the Nexon was quite jerky and literally made you feel every gearshift. Being a proven vehicle we didn't see any reason not to go for the Jazz as it was mainly intended for short trips and was sufficiently equipped apart from being very spacious.

We were able to receive the car in 3 weeks after booking and the experience with Perfect Honda was very good be it the delivery or the service. We opted for the platinum white pearl metallic colour and boy , it looked so premium and upmarket with those redesigned front bumpers. We opted for the ZX variant as it looked quite distinct from the outgoing model with the new LED headlights and LED fog lights apart from the new sunroof .We opted for CVT as there is no point in buying a manual in today's age and traffic conditions.

Now coming to the review of the 2020 Jazz :

1.The engine is very refined and you can hardly notice its running in idle and city traffic speeds.

2.I was apprehensive about the absence of rear AC however the Jazz has a sufficiently good AC and auto climate control. However it takes a little time to cool at the back owing to the big cabin in the noon but cools quickly at night.

3.I would definitely recommend a mild cooling film/sunshade as the glass area is very large but this helps to make all round visibility excellent especially the quarter glasses.

4.The engine is sufficiently powerful for overtakes in 2 way traffic and I tried it with 5 passengers(adults) with the help of paddle shifters.

5.The engine is not very exciting like the polo or other cars up to the 1500 rpm mark but after that you get steady power at your disposal. So don't fully step on the pedal rather, do it gently and there will be a good buildup of power.

6.The braking and high speed stability are excellent as always with excellent steering feedback that weighs up at high speeds and is a gem to drive in city traffic and to park as well. Yes , the brakes have a nose dive effect but that can be handled after being used to it and controlling braking. The car feels very planted and assuring.

7.I feel engine noise is minimum but road noise is there maybe to the MRF tyres that came with it. Honda could have given 4th generation City's diamond cut alloys and wider tyres atleast for the ZX variant.

8.The interiors are very good and roomy and top class quality. The added soft touch material on the dashboard gives a more premium feeling than before .You get all basic gizmos like android auto, 2 USB charging hubs and a power socket with sufficient space to keep your phone , 2 cup holders, coins etc.

9.The screen resolution is not the best but very easy to use and does the job well and is very easy to use.

10.The audio system is very good considering the fact that there are no subwoofers .The stock Alpine audio system does the job well.

11.The instrument cluster I believe is the best in class with big dials and colours varying as per driving and looks very lively especially at night.

12.The rear seat is the best in class and can comfortably seat 3 adults. Yes , you don't get headrests at the back but this is something that can be added and I have found a shop that does this in Kochi.

13.I am 6 feet + tall and I can sit comfortably in the back even when drivers seat is set to my position.

14.The LED headlights are very good considering their spread and brightness levels .The fog lights are also powerful enough to further widen your close range vision and work really well.

15.Coming to mileage I managed to get a max 10-13 km in city traffic after 2nd service. Highway driving will easily fetch a mileage of 15km/l+.

16.The boot is also very nicely placed low enough to easily load luggage and is quite huge for a sub 4 m car and practical to use.

17.If you are looking for a practical sub 4 m car with good reliability , space, comfort and practicality , the Jazz is perfect for you . But yes , the competition does gives you more gizmos but it all depends on you because we should never expect a VW polo performance in a Jazz and Jazz like space in a VW polo.

18.Finally , Analyze what are your priorities and make the perfect choice folks 🙂
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20201106_163008.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20201106_163119.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20201126_180232.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20201226_17560502.jpeg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20210125_020440.jpg  

John1994 is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 22:40   #2937
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ownership review of Honda Jazz 2020 ZX CVT

What a way to open your innings on team-bhp.

Stunning pictures of your Jazz there; and the penultimate picture in your opening post is the best of the lot. The sun roof and the front stand out in this avatar of the Jazz.

Enjoy your car, and your times on the forum. Welcome aboard !!

Last edited by vigsom : 1st May 2021 at 22:45.
vigsom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 02:07   #2938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Check out this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...de-thread.html (Honda Jazz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

I just replaced my stock Michelin XM2 tyres to Continental UC6 ones after 35k KM and find them to be good. I was perfectly fine with XM2 too but 2 of the tyres developed dry rot cracks and had to replace. Michelins are currently not much in stock due to import restrictions.

Yokohoma Blue Earth and Continental Ultra Contact should be good options.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 10:19   #2939
BHPian

Re: Ownership review of Honda Jazz 2020 ZX CVT

Welcome to the club! And congratulations on your purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1994 View Post
1.The engine is very refined and you can hardly notice its running in idle and city traffic speeds.
The engine refinement is absolutely top notch. I remember the umpteen times I accidentally cranked the engine while it was still running!

Quote:
2.I was apprehensive about the absence of rear AC however the Jazz has a sufficiently good AC and auto climate control. However it takes a little time to cool at the back owing to the big cabin in the noon but cools quickly at night.
I always found the AC to be a bit slow when exposed to proper Indian summers. Given that gigantic cabin, would be expected I supposed.

Quote:
3.I would definitely recommend a mild cooling film/sunshade as the glass area is very large but this helps to make all round visibility excellent especially the quarter glasses.
Definitely! I opted for the 3M CR80 on the front panel. Great amount of heat reduction. ~9k for the front glass alone, and about ~20k for all 5 glasses.

Quote:
4.The engine is sufficiently powerful for overtakes in 2 way traffic and I tried it with 5 passengers(adults) with the help of paddle shifters.
Once it gets its pace, it comfortably keeps up. I always found the only weak link to be the down low torque.

Quote:
13.I am 6 feet + tall and I can sit comfortably in the back even when drivers seat is set to my position.
One of the very very few cars that can comfortably seat a 6ft person on the rear seat, WHILE having a 6ft person in the front seat. That kinda was my testing criteria back when I was test driving around. Took my 6ft tall friend to all the rides with me

Quote:
15.Coming to mileage I managed to get a max 10-13 km in city traffic after 2nd service. Highway driving will easily fetch a mileage of 15km/l+.
I could get 20+ on the highways with some sedate driving. It can return miraculous FE if driven sedately.

Quote:
16.The boot is also very nicely placed low enough to easily load luggage and is quite huge for a sub 4 m car and practical to use.
The boot is ridiculously large for a sub-4m hatchback.

Quote:
17.If you are looking for a practical sub 4 m car with good reliability , space, comfort and practicality , the Jazz is perfect for you . But yes , the competition does gives you more gizmos but it all depends on you because we should never expect a VW polo performance in a Jazz and Jazz like space in a VW polo.
Well said. This car may not be fun to drive, or to throw around corners, but what you will get is an incredibly peaceful ride, and lots of space.
I cannot stress enough how important the peaceful ride is. Once the highways, the car doesn't make you "work" hard. It just rolls on. Smoothly and silently at that too.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 10:44   #2940

Absolutely it's a pleasure to drive on the highway and it just keeps going,going and going without any fuss.
John1994 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks