Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2015, 09:46   #2731
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
The comments on the 1.6 are from my own test drive, shortly after launch. I was considering the 1.6 seriously and in fact had booked it before it had launched.

Don't go by my words - please test drive both yourself!
Have you driven the 1.6 yet?
Thanks for clarifying, I have had extensive test rides and yes it isn't as good as the Creta, however some how the Aspire just didn't click for me for other reasons.
Old 24th December 2015, 10:19   #2732
t0m
BHPian

Going for third service today, oil change and all. I read somewhere that for the first 10 to 20k kms, one should avoid the costlier synthetic oil and stick to the normal one. Any pointers on this would be really helpful.
Old 24th December 2015, 11:25   #2733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Going for third service today, oil change and all. I read somewhere that for the first 10 to 20k kms, one should avoid the costlier synthetic oil and stick to the normal one. Any pointers on this would be really helpful.
You'll need to stick to what Maruti recommends. They won't let you put mineral oil if the manual calls for fully synthetic.

And there's no such logic for the 10-20k interval. Synthetic oil makes a big difference on the MJD as compared to mineral oil. Once I went synthetic on my old swift, I never looked back
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 12:00   #2734

Ah! Finally I am a member of Team BHP. Just wanted to thank fellow enthusiasts on your valuable discussions on this thread which helped me finalize on the S-Cross.

I was contemplating on the 1.3 Zeta but upgraded up to 1.6 if it wasnt for the 3 lack discount that I got from Bimal Nexa. (It was limited stocks. Not sure if the deal still exists) The beast went through some upgrades - HRS Alloys and Pirelli P4 rubber (From Tyre Empire, HSR). Also got the CQuartz Finest treatment done from Ultimate Detailerz. (Had to get it done since I do not have a parking space and park it on my by-lane).

I will need to get the under-belly rust proof coating from 3M and Car seats from Imperial Leathers, but that can wait till Jan.

This is how the beast looks:
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-car.jpg  

Last edited by kd_maximus : 24th December 2015 at 12:07. Reason: Adding image
kd_maximus is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 12:02   #2735
BHPian

The Good, Bad and Very good of S cross

Little back ground, it was my Mom’s b day and she wanted to visit Shirdi on the day.
We decided to leave at 7 am and I will be self-driving. After all first long drive planned in s cross. Had to almost wait for 2 months.
Excitedly I came down from building at 7 am to start the car and set map and music etc., and to my horror the central locking was not working from the key. I got really scared, not sure what to do. Then I realized we have option to remove key from the fob key. I did that, kept the key at its usual place after sitting in, took Sai baba’s name and the car started. So I concluded the central locking was not working, but the car, music system, reverse gear, ac everything was working fine, so I decided to go ahead with the trip.

Very good. : - Drove for almost 11 hours in a day from 7: 15 to 12 (one way) and 3: 30 to 9 ( return).
Trust me the car is as smooth as anything I have ever driven. The seats are so comfortable that even after 11 hours, I didn’t have 1% back pain. We took right turn from Ghoti and the road for 20 kms is almost negligible, but the car showed amazing manners and the ability to absorb the shocks is simply too good. My mom a spondylitis person was also extremely comfortable. Very spacious and extremely soft is all I can say. I got an overall average of 17. Again based on traffic and driving style, I would say not bad at all. At the end of it, my mom dad were very happy with the choice of car.

Bad: - As described above, I was really wondering what could be the problem. I took early morning appointment with Maruti while on the way. They asked me to come by 9 and car will be attended immediately.

Good: - I reached service center at 9:45. I was immediately appointed an advisor, he was the same guy who did first service. So we were acquainted. He listened to the problem, and immediately told be something to do with fuse. I asked him how can fuse go in 2 months and his immediate question was, did I use a car charger and then he explained me that non MGA car chargers can cause problem with the fuse. The faulty fuse was identified swiftly and changed. I was out within an hour’s time. Was quite satisfied with explanation and service given.

Over all I am back to in happy state, enjoyed an amazing driving, family was comfortable all throughout, and my 1.5 year old son can jump around all the time with so much space. (He loves standing on back seat in center, looking behind and keeps shouting ka ( aka car) )

I am already waiting and looking forward to next drive
akshatmangal is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 12:25   #2736
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0m View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
And there's no such logic for the 10-20k interval. Synthetic oil makes a big difference on the MJD as compared to mineral oil. Once I went synthetic on my old swift, I never looked back
Mineral oil smoothens out imperfections from the manufacturing level. I have always used mineral oil for the first 1k kms, changed out the oil and oil filter, used mineral oil for the next 5k kms, changed out the oil and oil filter for synthetic oil with 7.5k service intervals. That said all my personal experience has been with petrol cars but ought to be the same with diesels too. You can try using mineral oil but no need to use it for as much as 20k kms just 10k kms should be enough
Old 24th December 2015, 13:15   #2737
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
The Good, Bad and Very good of S cross

He listened to the problem, and immediately told be something to do with fuse. I asked him how can fuse go in 2 months and his immediate question was, did I use a car charger and then he explained me that non MGA car chargers can cause problem with the fuse. The faulty fuse was identified swiftly and changed. I was out within an hour’s time. Was quite satisfied with explanation and service given.

:
I am not 100% convinced with this explanation. What do the more senior folks here feel? Would a fuse blow up just because a non-MGA charger was used?
Old 24th December 2015, 13:45   #2738
BHPian

Had a brief chat wit the SA during second service. He said that the first replacement at 10k will be mineral oil and not synthetic oil as per Maruti guidelines. Seems like we will have to change the oil outside Maruti service for fully synthetic fill.
Old 24th December 2015, 14:32   #2739
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Had a brief chat wit the SA during second service. He said that the first replacement at 10k will be mineral oil and not synthetic oil as per Maruti guidelines. Seems like we will have to change the oil outside Maruti service for fully synthetic fill.
Are you sure about this? Because it's not like they provide the oil to you for free. It's a paid component even on a free service. Why can't they just give you the recommended fully synthetic 5W30 (correct me if I'm wrong here)!?

Just ensure that your service guys aren't disposing whatever oil they have in stock.

Last edited by Jeevith : 24th December 2015 at 14:35.
Old 24th December 2015, 14:52   #2740
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezydrive View Post
Took delivery of 1.6 Delta with delta package! Awesome vehicle, shall post initial experience soon.

one pic for the time being
Hi,

I am also getting delta (1.3 though), can you please share a pic of how the navigator and reverse camera looks. Wanted to make sure whether it will be sitting on the dash or replaces the HU before ordering for my car.
Thanks
Excellent choice for the wheels, how much did you pay for them? What about the original wheels?

girish
Old 24th December 2015, 15:27   #2741
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kd_maximus View Post
contemplating on the 1.3 Zeta but upgraded up to 1.6
Congrats on the sweet ride
Quote:
Also got the CQuartz Finest treatment done from Ultimate Detailerz.
I am also evaluating CQuartz for the new car and hence request you to share details:
1. Cost
2. Time take to treat the car
3. How frequently do you need to reapply/refresh the coat
And also do share more pics of your gorgeous ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshatmangal View Post
something to do with fuse
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Would a fuse blow up
If you use a charger that draws 2A and the car charger fuse rating is 1A, it could blow. But I am not sure if any of the new cars use a 1A fuse. Fuse diagram in the owners manual should clear this doubt.

OT: The way Nexa folks abuse new cars is sad. Was driving towards Bimal Nexa yesterday evening at 8 pm and saw a white s cross and blue baleno being driven by Nexa personnel (assumption as the cars did not have a TC sticker and no new owner would abuse their car in such a manner). Followed them for about 2.5-3 km stretch and the way the cars were driven left me speechless. Brutal acceleration & hard braking, driving on the wrong side & cutting into traffic. The S cross almost rear ended a grand i10. Just feel that this whole 'premium' placement is a facade behind which the old habits of MSIL continue to flourish

Last edited by procrj : 24th December 2015 at 15:35.
Old 24th December 2015, 15:54   #2742

Quote:
procrj: I am also evaluating CQuartz for the new car and hence request you to share details:
1. Cost
2. Time take to treat the car
3. How frequently do you need to reapply/refresh the coat
1. The cost was 23,000 for an S-Cross. You can also check for discounts on the CQuartz Finest.

2. Since it is a new car, the job was completed by 3 of them on the same day. I handed over the car at 10:30 AM and picked it up by 5:30 PM. The TAT could vary between a new car and an seasoned one.

3. Based on what they informed me, they guarantee for 2 years (paint protection). So no re-visits needed. The plastic protection that was applied is for 8 months.

I loved their attention to detail. Picked up lots of tips on how to maintain the car. Happy that I wont be needing the usual water wash. They suggested use a solution spray (1 quantity Car wash solution:40 quantity of water) + micro-fiber cloth. The car could be first cleaned with a duster such as shown here:

https://paytm.com/shop/p/jopasu-car-...A283716DDA5467
kd_maximus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 16:07   #2743
BHPian

Folks,

Today I booked 1.3 Sigma with a hefty discount of 120k . The On road price is coming at 800k INR. Need suggestions as to what accessories I shall go for ?

PS: I picked this version as the safety quotient was being met, 2 Airbags/ABS/EBD and 4 Disc brakes all along.

Thanks In advance
Old 24th December 2015, 16:36   #2744
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adik1984 View Post
Today I booked 1.3 Sigma with a hefty discount of 120k . The On road price is coming at 800k INR. Need suggestions as to what accessories I shall go for ?
Congratulations in advance on getting the Crossover. Accessories I can recommend is mud flaps, Car Cover( in case you need them), Illuminated Sill guard ( bling factor but good)

Is this coming with fog lamps ?
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2015, 16:42   #2745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Is this coming with fog lamps ?
They are charging 5200 INR for basic kit, which gives Leather steering cover , Mud Flaps , S-cross matting and wheel covers. For Fog lamps, need to shell out 3000 INR extra!

Secondly, i also need to purchase a stereo set, as Sigma doesn't have any. When asked about the alpha one, RM said 80K INR! A strict No from my end, probably would look out outside for a decent touchscreen system . Suggestions , if any?
adik1984 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks