Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2018, 00:23   #8371
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
In the pre facelift scross is there any way to convert the parking lights (led) into DRL?
You need to open up the headlights and install after market DRL.
Old 12th March 2018, 15:15   #8372
BHPian

Went for a short impromptu highway ride.

Got some shocking efficiency figures in return Wasn't even driving very sedately, averaging around 100-110 km/h.

Also got to try out Cruise control properly, quite a convenience, but I was always feeling on the edge, allowing the car to maintain speed, so I switched back.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180312_15061301.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180312_15060301.jpeg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180312_15052801.jpeg  

ts1506 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 17:09   #8373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
Also got to try out Cruise control properly, quite a convenience, but I was always feeling on the edge, allowing the car to maintain speed, so I switched back.
Totally understand that. I feel on the edge while using cruise control most of the times. Overall it was stressful trying to use it at speeds above 80kmph.
The only times I feel real comfortable is when doing the mysore-Gundulpet stretch post midnight
onedotsix is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 19:19   #8374
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by onedotsix View Post
Totally understand that. I feel on the edge while using cruise control most of the times. Overall it was stressful trying to use it at speeds above 80kmph.
Even I was nervous initially and on the edge. But keep using it and you will become comfortable with it. Cruise->Brake->Resume flow becomes very natural once you start using it frequently.
jaganpec2002 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 14:47   #8375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palio_2005 View Post
In the pre facelift scross is there any way to convert the parking lights (led) into DRL?
This is possible. What needs to be done is as follows:

1. Get a DRL control module.
2. Connect + & - terminals of the controller to the + & - terminals of the battery.
3. There is an input to the controller that takes a signal when ignition is on. You can tap this from the fuse box and then route the wire through the firewall into engine bay where the controller will be installed.
4. The headlight uses a six pin connector which includes a positive and negative line for the parking lights. If you can source similar male/female connectors (available on aliexpress), then you can bridge that connection to power the parking lights from output from the controller. That will do it.

But... the real question is this. The Parking lights are weak to be used as DRLs. They are hardly visible in day light. So why go through this effort?
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 15:22   #8376
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post

But... the real question is this. The Parking lights are weak to be used as DRLs. They are hardly visible in day light. So why go through this effort?
I think when the DRL strip in the S-Cross is used as parking light, it could be dimmed by the BCM since it is done so in the foreign variants too. So it could be a simple hack to enable the DRL and run the LED at full intensity. Maybe if one goes through the wiring scheme it would be helpful to get to know how the headlights are controlled.

Quote:
4. The headlight uses a six pin connector which includes a positive and negative line for the parking lights. If you can source similar male/female connectors (available on aliexpress), then you can bridge that connection to power the parking lights from output from the controller. That will do it.
Please dont try this. If you bridge that circuit then it will return current to the entire illumination load, and probably fry the BCM.

Last edited by audioholic : 13th March 2018 at 15:35.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 16:02   #8377
BANNED

Quote:
How come the tail lamp of your face-lifted S-Cross is that of the old one? The plain glass section in the tail lamp should be straight horizontal one in the face-lift, and is much better than the "shape-less" one in the old one.

(Image: Indianautosblog)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-2017marutiscrossfaceliftrearanglemotion.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180312_15061301.jpeg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 13th March 2018 at 16:10.
romeomidhun is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 16:56   #8378
Senior - BHPian

Re: Boot Unlock Button on remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaveed View Post
It is, but even after you unlock it from the central locking you need to press the button to open the boot. if the valet or the security guards know it,its fine, if not its difficult to get down and or give them direction on doing it.

If we have this on the remote it will be easier in these situations and also when you have more bags to place in the boot. I had this feature in Santro not on the remote but beside the fuel opening latch near the driver seat.

We have one slot on the remote which is not used , so was thinking if there was a way to accomplish this.

Thanks
I looked at this for the same purpose. The ciaz has the boot opener as the third button, the scross remote once opened has the contacts in place. Yet to test if it works.
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 17:01   #8379
BHPian

Re: Boot Unlock Button on remote

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
I looked at this for the same purpose. The ciaz has the boot opener as the third button, the scross remote once opened has the contacts in place. Yet to test if it works.
Thanks Govigov, If it does work after your testing do let us know, would be of great help.
Old 13th March 2018, 17:06   #8380
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
How come the tail lamp of your face-lifted S-Cross is that of the old one? The plain glass section in the tail lamp should be straight horizontal one in the face-lift, and is much better than the "shape-less" one in the old one.

I think there's a difference between Alpha and other variant's back light also. Check laluks' post. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4313457
BoneCollector is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 17:21   #8381
BHPian

Quote:

Only the Alpha variant gets the LED tail lights which have been shown in the picture above. The rest of the variants continue to have the same Tail Lamp as the pre-facelift S Cross.
Prathiiik is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 19:03   #8382
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I think when the DRL strip in the S-Cross is used as parking light, it could be dimmed by the BCM since it is done so in the foreign variants too. So it could be a simple hack to enable the DRL and run the LED at full intensity. Maybe if one goes through the wiring scheme it would be helpful to get to know how the headlights are controlled.
I've been searching for this for a long time now, trying to source the electrical diagrams and service manual. There is a DRL fuse in the fuse box, which is empty. I think the BCM has this ability but no one knows how to work with the Suzuki BCM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Please dont try this. If you bridge that circuit then it will return current to the entire illumination load, and probably fry the BCM.
This will be true even if you are supplying power supply to the pilots only from the DRL controller? To clarify the two pins supplying power from stock wiring to the Pilots will be terminated at the bridged wiring harness. The DRL controller feeds the power to the pilots. It's perhaps a bit confusing when explained with just words. Last time we tried this, it worked without issues. But I felt it was just not worth the effort since the pilots are not visible in broad daylight.

Now I won't say I know this LED subject very well, but are there tweaks available to increase the brightness factor of the LEDs?
sudeepg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 19:38   #8383
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
This will be true even if you are supplying power supply to the pilots only from the DRL controller?

Now I won't say I know this LED subject very well, but are there tweaks available to increase the brightness factor of the LEDs?
If you are completely bypassing the pilot lamp circuit to the DRL controller, it will work. But when you say bridge, it looked more like you want to add another circuit to the existing circuit. That also brings us to the question on how the DRLs are controlled by BCM. If it is a simple On/Off signal, then you wont find luck in trying to use them as a DRL.

Normally dimming of LED is done by switching, unlike incandescent bulbs where the voltage is varied. Hence, in some cars if DRLs are also used when the headlights are switched on, they will be dimmed by adjusting its duty cycle. I guess the same thing will be happening in the S-Cross and the LED will be running under part brightness when you turn the pilot lamps on. But to make them turn on as DRLs, is something you should research
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 21:16   #8384
BHPian

Quote:

Got some shocking efficiency figures in return
Congratulations on your new possession and wish you a happy and enjoyable ownership.

Looking at the FE, a few queries.
Did you do a full tank refill after taking the delivery?

I'm going ahead with the assumption that you did a full tank after delivery.

Total mileage done is only 404. Hope approx 350 KMs are done after the refuel.
The fuel gauge is below the half way mark. With the existing rate, the car will run for another 350 more KMs. Assuming that a reserve capacity of 8 litres after another 350 KMs are run, total mileage before next refuel will be 700KM.
So, the Fuel economy works out to be 700/40 litres = 17.5 KM/L.

If my assumption of full tank refuel is wrong, then the above calculation doesn't hold good. Just curious because of the 24.9 FE displayed and looking at the fuel gauge.

Please clarify for our clear understanding.
Sree73 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2018, 22:25   #8385
BHPian

A general query. Today, my S-Cross failed to start three times, from the Auto-Stop state. I pressed the clutch, the engine kind of half cranked, and died with continued 3-4 beep sounds. It took two more tries with pressing and releasing the clutch before it would start. One of the time, it just didn't start, and I had to restart the engine with the button.

This happened once on my highway trip last day too, but I didn't think of it much. Any pointers ?

Will be going for a weekend trip this Saturday, want to make sure that there are no issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Congratulations on your new possession and wish you a happy and enjoyable ownership.

Looking at the FE, a few queries.

Please clarify for our clear understanding.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

I had reset the average economy meter just before going on the highway. That mileage is purely on highway roads (~5% city) after around a 100KM drive.

I did do a full tank after delivery, and I did another full tank today.
By full tank to full tank method, I went 492KM on 31.95 ltr of fuel, which is roughly 15.4 km/l overall. Around 140KM of this is highway, and rest is daily commute in city.

Quote:
How come the tail lamp of your face-lifted S-Cross is that of the old one?
Only the Alpha model has those Tail Lamps.

Last edited by ts1506 : 13th March 2018 at 22:47.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks