Search this Thread
Old 28th January 2018, 18:59   #8311
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Bangalore- Coorg trip,

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-capture.jpg

Details in below link:

Link

Last edited by volkman10 : 28th January 2018 at 19:00.
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 03:52   #8312
Distinguished - BHPian

S-Cross 1.6
0-100 : 11.3 seconds

I believe many felt this is slow for a car with 320 NM torque. But, look what Wolf Moto has done to my car
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20180130_015238.jpg
Details here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4347155
Dr.Naren is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 08:26   #8313
BHPian

Hi fellow Scross 1.6 Owners, whats your take on the clutch operation. I recently acquired a preowned 1.6 and noticed that Clutch is very hard to operate.

I have upgraded from Honda Amaze diesel which didn't have a light clutch as well but still it was better than Scross.
Old 30th January 2018, 10:07   #8314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Hi fellow Scross 1.6 Owners, whats your take on the clutch operation. I recently acquired a preowned 1.6 and noticed that Clutch is very hard to operate.

I have upgraded from Honda Amaze diesel which didn't have a light clutch as well but still it was better than Scross.
S-Cross 1.6 made in 2015 has hard clutch and little notchy gearshifts. I couldn't find out the reason till date. All the part numbers are same in 2015, 2016, 2017.
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 21:50   #8315
BHPian

Finally bit the bullet and booked the S-Cross Zeta. We looked at a wide range of vehicles, right from the likes of Ecosport, Nexon, Brezza to big hitters like Hexa and Compass.

The S-Cross stood out for the space and practicality, as well as the VFM quotient. For just over 11L OTR for Zeta, its really good value as well. Expecting delivery by mid February, as the dealer already has the car in transit (2018 Jan manufactured according to them).

One thing I wanted to ask, what is included in the Genuine Nexa Accessories? The quote includes GNA at around 5.8k. Wondering if I should leave it out or not.

Last edited by ts1506 : 30th January 2018 at 21:54.
ts1506 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 01:08   #8316
Sip
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ts1506 View Post
Finally bit the bullet and booked the S-Cross Zeta. We looked at a wide range of vehicles, right from the likes of Ecosport, Nexon, Brezza to big hitters like Hexa and Compass.

One thing I wanted to ask, what is included in the Genuine Nexa Accessories? The quote includes GNA at around 5.8k. Wondering if I should leave it out or not.
Congratulations on your booking and welcome to the world of 'Above the Ordinary'.

GNA is not standardised AFAIK. It vary from dealer to dealer. You can ask the RM to provide the information on its components and decide accordingly.

Last edited by Sip : 31st January 2018 at 01:16.
Sip is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 01:29   #8317
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The S-Cross stood out for the space and practicality, as well as the VFM quotient. For just over 11L OTR for Zeta, its really good value as well. Expecting delivery by mid February, as the dealer already has the car in transit (2018 Jan manufactured according to them).

Congratulations on the booking. What color did you book. Your's must be the second s-cross in the new model in our forum after laluks. Please ask them to install the auto dimming inner rear view mirror for about 5.5k. This is worth the investment.
govigov is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 09:18   #8318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations ! Hope you have compared the insurance quote from dealer with what is available outside.
arjithin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2018, 10:33   #8319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sip View Post
Congratulations on your booking and welcome to the world of 'Above the Ordinary'.

GNA is not standardised AFAIK. It vary from dealer to dealer. You can ask the RM to provide the information on its components and decide accordingly.
All right, will ask the RM about it then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Congratulations on the booking. What color did you book. Your's must be the second s-cross in the new model in our forum after laluks. Please ask them to install the auto dimming inner rear view mirror for about 5.5k. This is worth the investment.
I opted for the Nexa Blue. This, along with White was the top 2 choices.
The auto dimming IRVM is something I am looking into myself too. Opted for Zeta over Alpha, as I couldn't justify the 1.5 lac price difference for whatever it had to offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjithin View Post
Congratulations ! Hope you have compared the insurance quote from dealer with what is available outside.
I didn't compare insurance from outside, but the dealer quote was very reasonable, so didnt feel the need to.
ts1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 22:23   #8320
BHPian

Got a few updates for the car since I last posted.

1) New Wolf Moto map update :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ml#post4351898

2) Re-routed air intake by Blackworks, Bangalore :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...h-money-6.html

3) Stainless Steel de-cat downpipe from Blackworks, Bangalore :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/modifi...ckworks-3.html

Cheers.

Last edited by grease.monkey : 6th February 2018 at 22:29.
grease.monkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2018, 23:27   #8321
BHPian

60,000 Kms Service Update: Took my car to MASS today for 60,000 kms service. I had estimated close to 10,000/- for the service but MASS gave me a estimation of 12,000/- and the final bill came to about 14,200/-.

I told them to do the following Inspection/Replacement:
  • Engine Oil - R.
  • Engine Oil Filter - R.
  • Diesel Filter - R.
  • Air Filter - R.
  • Brake and Clutch fluid - R.
  • Coolant - R.
  • EGR Cleaning - Clean.
  • Gear Oil - I.
Extras:
  • New Wiper set.
  • Rubbing and Polishing.
  • Extra bottle of Coolant.
  • Bumper repairs.

It was a long day at MASS, EGR cleaning does require a lot of effort and time. The odometer is at 62,233 Kms, no complaints from the car. The mile munching will continue this month with trips planned to Sambhar Lake, Narkanda and Jim Corbett.

Pre-Service test drive - had no problems to report

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1034.jpg

Jk Elanzos after 60,000 Kms

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1037.jpg

Mobil 1 0W40 Full Synthetic Oil

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1039.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1040.jpg

Fuel and Air Filter replacement

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1041.jpg

New EGR parts

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1045.jpg

EGR

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1046.jpg

Got the scratches removed

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1053.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1058.jpg

All set to leave the SC

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1066.jpg

but then this showed up Fuel filter was checked and water was released

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_1067.jpg

The Final Bill

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_e1070.jpg
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_e1069.jpg

Last edited by sinharishi : 9th February 2018 at 23:37.
sinharishi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 15:17   #8322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Jk Elanzos after 60,000 Kms
These Elanzos have another 60K left in their life. I'm also waiting for them to wear out so that I can buy new shoes.

I have completed 45K and they are as good as new. Looking at them, replacement appears difficult.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 15:53   #8323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
These Elanzos have another 60K left in their life. I'm also waiting for them to wear out so that I can buy new shoes.

I have completed 45K and they are as good as new. Looking at them, replacement appears difficult.
Agree Sree. While performing my WA and WB, I was generally checking with the tyre dealer on the JKs and he was stating that these tyres will run 60-80K comfortably and only downside is the road grip and the road noise.

For me, I had encountered 4 punctures till date and lot of stones being stuck in-between the treads.
Old 12th February 2018, 19:27   #8324
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
These Elanzos have another 60K left in their life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ananthc View Post
he was stating that these tyres will run 60-80K comfortably and only downside is the road grip and the road noise.
Ah, my favorite topic on one of my favorite threads!

Unless they belong to a certain enthusiastic medico, JK Elanzos last long, really really long .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
the stock Elanzos gave up in just 19k KM
But once they reach a certain stage or age, they will start showing their real colours - in the form of slight deformations, twists and bends. Also, they will start losing grip, resulting in aquaplaning and wheelspin. Braking efficiency too will reduce.

On the brighter side, after you get used to these tyres, any other tyre, however bad, will appear like an upgrade; the ride, handling and dynamics of a machine as beautiful as the S Cross will change for the better.

Yesterday, while travelling from Sakaleshapura to Hanbaal, I spotted a total of six S Cross', four of them new (facelifted) ones. One in particular caught my attention. We had parked on the roadside and were having lunch. The road was straight and I could see afar. I was observing the way different four wheelers were coming towards us and found that most of them were experiencing lateral movements because of the uneven road surface. However, the said S Cross zoomed in and out with utmost stability, akin to a low slung sedan. Pretty impressive .
dailydriver is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2018, 19:38   #8325
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Unless they belong to a certain enthusiastic medico, JK Elanzos last long, really really long .
JK tyres will last really long if the purpose is only to drive between Point A to B .

But, these Elanzo's are just horrible for those who look for more fun and comfort (Grip, high speed stability, ride, tyre noise etc).

Thanks to multiple 0-100 runs, Wolf remap, aggressive cornering JK's lasted only 19k km in my car. I am actually surprised with my present Continental MC5 tyres. I have run more than 13K KM and still have 50 percent tread left. For sure, I am getting more life with MC5. Do not ask me how .
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks