Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th August 2022, 14:31   #9451
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaps100050 View Post

2. Im really apprehensive about opening the stock headlights for HL projector upgrade. So im going the fog light projector way. I have shortlisted IPH Bi-LED Tri colour model as it can be also useful in actual fog conditions.
In the hands of a good installer, the installation can be super clean. I had no idea about any electrical work on car, but with much reading, tools and confidence, you can get this done on the alpha (a buddy suggested). Alpha headlights are extremely weak for daily use in city or highway. I have done the upgrade myself (with my buddy) from stock to Morimotos Stage 4 and it was totally worth it. It's been running for years now without any problems.

Here's a video & Picture

Low Beam

Last edited by sudeepg : 6th August 2022 at 14:33.
sudeepg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 15:18   #9452
BHPian

Gave my S-Cross 1.3 for 1 Lakh KM service today (2015). Things turning out to be very costly for S Cross.
Clutch assembly replacement ~16K
Rear brake pads ~7K
Front suspension ~3K

And with all other normal service associated with 1 Lakh KM, It is coming out to 40K. Really costly affair.
Next service, the timing chain needs replacement. I think hat will also be costly.
Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 15:28   #9453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Gave my S-Cross 1.3 for 1 Lakh KM service today (2015). Things turning out to be very costly for S Cross.
You can get Baleno RS rear brake pads. They perfectly fit and are 1/3rd the price at 2k. Rear pads of S-cross is imported and hence costly. Clutch and Suspension i find it decently priced for 1.3.
CrossLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 18:43   #9454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rear brake pads ~7K
Front suspension ~3K
The front suspension at 3.k per piece is decent. However, in my experience, it is the rear suspension that goes out first, rather than the front.

For rear, like crosslife mentioned, get baleno RS pads.

What are the parts in clutch replacement apart from the actual clutch?
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 10:17   #9455
BHPian

I faced a peculiar event. I went to mall and parked my Scross 2015 1.3 .When I came back, clutch was totally free and no sign of gear engagement. I saw oil leak on the floor. Called the local mechanic and he said clutch oil leaked. For the time he filled clutch oil and removed air bubbles and asked to show at service centre. I came home around 8 km without issue. Since next day I had to travel so did not go to service centre. After 1 week of my from official work, I first went to see the car. I didn't notice any leak. Car was in parking position since 1 week of the above event. As coming week (August 15 ) week i have to travel to Goa, so I took my car to Fortpoint Raay Road Mumbai. SA informed that this may happen again and the clutch assembly has to be replaced. Cost is around 14-15 k.
I would like to know from fellow BHPian , about this.
I have never faced this issue . Car has clocked 70k km. As my Goa trip is planned I don't want to take chances , however interested in more information from all

Quote:
Rear brake pads ~7K
Front suspension ~3K

And with all other normal service associated with 1 Lakh KM, It is coming out to 40K. Really costly affair.
Next service, the timing chain needs replacement. I think hat will also be costly.
Is the first time clutch assembly being replaced in 1.3 lac km?

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th August 2022 at 18:29. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts.
Old 7th August 2022, 14:32   #9456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
I faced a peculiar event. I went to mall and parked my Scross 2015 1.3 .When I came back, clutch was totally free and no sign of gear engagement. I saw oil leak on the floor. Called the local mechanic and he said clutch oil leaked. For the time he filled clutch oil and removed air bubbles and asked to show at service centre. I came home around 8 km without issue. Since next day I had to travel so did not go to service centre. After 1 week of my from official work, I first went to see the car. I didn't notice any leak. Car was in parking position since 1 week of the above event. As coming week (August 15 ) week i have to travel to Goa, so I took my car to Fortpoint Raay Road Mumbai. SA informed that this may happen again and the clutch assembly has to be replaced. Cost is around 14-15 k.
I would like to know from fellow BHPian , about this.
I have never faced this issue . Car has clocked 70k km. As my Goa trip is planned I don't want to take chances , however interested in more information from all
This was the image .SA informed that there is leakage from bearing. So whether full assembly needs to be replaced or only bearing.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220807_142633.jpg  

Old 8th August 2022, 11:44   #9457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit1609 View Post
This was the image .SA informed that there is leakage from bearing. So whether full assembly needs to be replaced or only bearing.
Since you have already covered 70K kms, it is better to replace the full assembly since the labour costs for replacing just the bearing or the full assembly is the same. Go for full overhaul. I guess labour is around 4K!
CrossLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 12:53   #9458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossLife View Post
Since you have already covered 70K kms, it is better to replace the full assembly since the labour costs for replacing just the bearing or the full assembly is the same. Go for full overhaul. I guess labour is around 4K!
Your guess is correct. labor cost was 3800/-. However, I did go with bearing replacement only. Yes it was late decision, but due to shifting nearby office my daily run down has decreased from ~48km to `8-10 km only.
sumit1609 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:39   #9459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
What are the parts in clutch replacement apart from the actual clutch?
If I'm correct pressure plate and release bearing.
Old 8th August 2022, 16:40   #9460
BHPian

Quote:
Rear brake pads ~7K
Front suspension ~3K

Hi Sree73,

These are expected and in my opinion, these are required changes for another 1 Lakh KMs. Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money acquiring a new car, I feel these expenses will keep the S-cross running for a long more time to come & cheaper than purchasing a new car.

I have factored in a maintenance cost of Rs 1.5 to 2 per KM and these expenses should fall within that cost.
sudeepg is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 13:44   #9461
ike
BHPian

Quote:
G
Rear brake pads ~7K
Front suspension ~3K

What all are included in 3k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudeepg View Post
Hi Sree73,
These are expected and in my opinion, these are required changes for another 1 Lakh KMs. Unless you are willing to spend a lot of money acquiring a new car, I feel these expenses will keep the S-cross running for a long more time to come & cheaper than purchasing a new car.
I'm currently nearing 80K KMS and considering replacing the suspension and proactively replacing the timing chain, water pump & accessory belt.

I'm also considering getting aftermarket suspension rather than MGP and getting it done at an FNG. Any suggestions for suspension that does not lower the car and make the ride stiff? I think the OEM susension components will cost ~20k without labour. Something that is not too expensive (like bilsteins that would cost 50k) would be helpful.

For timing chain and routine service I think MASS is better. I'm also expecting a 40 to 50k bill for all of these put together.
ike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 12:19   #9462
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I'd be doing the same (minus the brake pads) at the upcoming 90K service. My school of thought is similar to Sudeep's.

Frankly there is no successor south 20L, even that wouldn't be as frugal as the 1.3. Would rather spend 40K once in 100K kms than spend 30K on EMI every month

Quote:
Next service, the timing chain needs replacement.
Are you going for a proactive timing chain replacement? The manual doesn't mention interval for timing chain.
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th August 2022, 12:36   #9463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Are you going for a proactive timing chain replacement? The manual doesn't mention interval for timing chain.
The service person notified me about the timing chain replacement has to be done with next service.

I agree regarding the replacement of items. 1Lakh KM is a major service milestone.
Frankly, after the clutch assembly replacement, it became butter smooth.
I realize that I was handling a hard clutch for sometime now.
My yearly run was ~20K KM but, after the break out of Covid, the car usage drastically got reduced.

Anyway, now the car feels much smoother. Not much of an issue
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 19:48   #9464
BHPian

So, it was eventful month of July & August for my S-cross 1.6.
I got the suspension overhaul done at Agera motors, Coimbatore.
Things changed,
1. Aftermarket Gabriel Front strut assemblies
2. Monroe rear shock absorbers
3. Rear springs. They are cheap.
4. Bushes & seats

In addition, i also changed front brake pads to TVS hiper. Ride is much better now. And braking is better than Maruti stock pads. Most of the parts were bought from Gomechanic spares and I got good discounts.

Overhaul cost including brake pads and labour came close to 22k. Work was neatly done by Agera Motors.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220706_085318.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220706_192121.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20220709wa0028.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20220709wa0031.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20220709wa0032.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img20220709wa0033.jpg

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220711_182056.jpg

And one fine day a few days back, just 1km away from my home, when i was about to start a long journey, car refused to start. Initially i thought it was the starting signal fuse which gave up since the battery was fine. I called Maruti RSA and the technician diagnosed it to be the starter motor which gave up. That immediately reminded me that i had a few long cranks and a few failed cranking very recently. Car was towed to Aadhi Maruti Coimbatore. Starter motor was overhauled. Labour was expensive and including RSA and towing charges final bill came to 7.1k. New motor is 13k. Workmanship is top notch and car starts like butter now.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220816_192045__012.jpg

Last edited by CrossLife : 16th August 2022 at 19:50.
CrossLife is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 17:13   #9465
BHPian

My S-Cross 1.3 2015 70K km on the odometer left me in a horrible situation. I was cruising around 90 km/hr (going to Goa from Mumbai). The moving vehicle suddenly stopped while I was at the right most lane (between Kolhapur and Belgaum). The steering was jammed, and some how, I managed to park by the side.

On starting, the check engine light came on. The vehicle started and after 1/2 km, stopped suddenly. The same thing happened thrice before I went to a local mechanic. With nothing to identify, he checked the error codes and it was related to the Fuel Pressure Regulator Performance. The vehicle now was not starting at all.

I waited for 1 hr with my family while calling Nexa roadside service but there was no help. I finally sent my family to our hotel in Goa via a cab. I then called Sai Service and they asked me to open and close the fuel cap. Did that, and the vehicle started; I some how reached Sai Service centre. They checked as well but nothing was found conclusive. The Check Engine Light was always ON. They convinced me to slowly drive towards Goa. In Goa, I went to Sai Service and gave the vehicle for thorough inspection. Their suggestion is as attached. The part was not available but the cost is around 35k plus other. Please review and advise. The repair cost is going to be really hard on the pocket with the car at 70k kms on ODO.

Maruti S-Cross : Official Review-img_20220817_170206.jpeg

Last edited by libranof1987 : 17th August 2022 at 18:26. Reason: Formatting
sumit1609 is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks