Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2017, 11:51   #1246
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Besides above, he also got 15K exchange offer (though he didnt sell his Honda City to them,he needs to show prove that he is actually selling his car and buying the Aspire)
Wow. That is something unheard of, at least for me. Usually the used car division of the same dealer compensates for the exchange bonus lost from the sales of the new car. Or is it a usual deal which I am unaware of?

Anyways, congrats to your cousin on the 100 horses.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 13:10   #1247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

He got a sweet deal of 8 Lakhs on-road that included a free reverse camera plus navigation system (that's what he mentioned not sure what it actually means as I haven't seen any pictures of same)
If it is indeed a Ford genuine reverse camera with GPS, the IRVM of that accessory does not have day/night functionality and is a nightmare to use at night.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-overlaygpsrearviewcameradisplay.jpg

Your friend would have been much better off asking for cash discount or other bundled accessories in place of the reverse camera with GPS navigation accessory(it costs around Rs 30000).

Last edited by skanchan95 : 1st April 2017 at 13:15.
skanchan95 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st April 2017, 15:03   #1248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008
My cousin picked up the Ford Aspire Titanium TDCI in Ahmedabad..

..He got a sweet deal of 8 Lakhs on-road that included a free reverse camera plus navigation system...

...so essentially the car costed him 7.85 Lakhs. Such an amazing deal for this car
This is a real steal. Price is just mouth watering!

I wonder did it come with standard warranty or has he managed to get extended warranty squeezed into this price also ?

I guess, in case extended warranty isn't included, judging from the poor feedback about Ford official accessories, the 3/4/5 year extended warranty would be a better deal as free bee instead of that camera setup. I guess both are priced similarly!
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2017, 14:43   #1249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekay View Post
Coolant leakage in my Aspire Automatic about a month ago. Fixed under warranty. Coolant refilling cost me about 1000/-. All good now.
I faced exactly the same issue in my TUV3OO last November and like you it was fixed under warranty. However I was not charged a single rupee for the replacement of 4.5 liters of coolant. In insisted that it be replaced under warranty. Besides replacing coolant free of cost I was given a 0.5L coolant can complimentary to top up the coolant just in case there is a need. Why didn't you insist on exempting the coolant charges as well?

Quote:
Long story:
I was about halfway on my 20km commute to office when the engine started sounding harsh. After a few seconds the engine temperature indicator turned on. Parked and turned off the engine immediately. Luckily found a good parking spot too. Looked at the manual to understand what the light meant and what to do next. Made a few phone calls to friends/family/garage/colleagues and decided to call Ford Roadside Assistance. A flat-bed tow truck arrived in a couple of hours. Vehicle was towed to nearby service center and kept for diagnosis/observation. Received the vehicle after four full days. Diagnosis was a loose clamp. The service center guys refilled with water and asked me to come again after driving for 150km to confirm that the issue has been resolved. The fluid level did go down after that, but nothing alarming this time. Refilled with proper coolant in the follow up visit. I have been monitoring the levels since then. Looks all fine now, with the level being stable between max and min indicators.

Now that I think about it, I think I missed connecting the coolant issue with a longer-than-usual running of the radiator fan the night before. I wondered why the fan noise wasn't going away even after idling for the usual time (~10 seconds).
In my case too the culprit was the Radiator hose that was replaced as a part of recall. This hose takes the coolant from radiator to the engine. The clamp had come loose at this end. The technician removed it polished the rubber hose with sand paper to make it rough. He then applied a sealant and tightened the clamp. He then drained the coolant mixed with 3 litres of water by opening the drain plug at the bottom of the radiator. He refilled the new coolant. Took a test drive again and when it was confirmed that there is no further leakage, the car was handed back to me after 2.5 hours.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th April 2017, 10:49   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks guys! He drove my car on a few short trips that we made together (Tadoba Forest Reserve and one another shorter one) and he was completely bowled over by the Aspire

Btw, he too changed the shoes to Yokohoma Earth 1. Copycat, isn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Wow. That is something unheard of, at least for me. Usually the used car division of the same dealer compensates for the exchange bonus lost from the sales of the new car. Or is it a usual deal which I am unaware of?
Even I'm hearing for the first this sort of a deal for the first time. He is currently travelling in Mumbai and will be in Hyderabad over the weekend so will ask all the details when I meet in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
If it is indeed a Ford genuine reverse camera with GPS, the IRVM of that accessory does not have day/night functionality and is a nightmare to use at night. Your friend would have been much better off asking for cash discount or other bundled accessories in place of the reverse camera with GPS navigation accessory(it costs around Rs 30000).

Thanks for this feedback. Again, I'm not sure if this is the one he got. Details over the weekend

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
This is a real steal. Price is just mouth watering!

I wonder did it come with standard warranty or has he managed to get extended warranty squeezed into this price also ?

I guess, in case extended warranty isn't included, judging from the poor feedback about Ford official accessories, the 3/4/5 year extended warranty would be a better deal as free bee instead of that camera setup. I guess both are priced similarly!
I agree with you! But, not everyone is paranoid about extended warranty. Even I have not bought one and most probably will not buy one as the car is going pretty smooth and I doubt if something will fail during the extended warranty period that necessitates a claim due to that
Old 10th April 2017, 21:51   #1251
Distinguished - BHPian

Now, the Ford Aspire "Sport" variant has been snapped at a Ford dealer's yard by an Autos Arena reader.

Quote:
Ford Aspire Sport to come with all black interiors.
Ford Aspire Sport to launch alongside the Figo Sport hatchback, as both the vehicles are been spotted at a dealer yard.
However like the Figo Sport hatchback, the changes to Aspire Sedan are limited.
The Ford Aspire Sport comes with new design alloy wheels (reminds us of the old Fiesta S wheels), most likely largely R15 wheels, smoked headlights and Black interiors. The front grille is similar to the current versions minus the sliver/chrome treatment.
Like the hatch, the Aspire too gets decals on the side with S emblem.
Ford Aspire : Official Review-fordaspires2768x576.jpg

Ford Aspire : Official Review-fordaspires1768x464.jpg

Last edited by RavenAvi : 10th April 2017 at 21:53.
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 02:01   #1252
BHPian

I had booked Aspire Titanium Diesel on 2nd of April and the GM of Harpreet Ford (Dilshad Garden Delhi) promised the delivery latest by 19th April.

Made a follow up call today and he conveniently tells me that Smoke Grey is taking time and it might get delayed by 5 days from the promised date which is 19th April.
After a little arguing he tells me that he has a Ruby Red Sports Limited Edition in his stockyard (Gurgaon) right now.

I am totally confused now
Will Aspire sports edition be VFM after paying for 30k to 40k extra for 15" (super dated) alloys, roof wrap, leather steering wheel and black front grill (I like the chrome version)? Also, he told me that the prices have increased by approximately 15k for Aspire.
I had booked it on 2nd April and payed a little booking amount too. Should I not get the same price?
Please help

Regards,

Dev-Gun

Last edited by Aditya : 11th April 2017 at 07:14. Reason: Typo
Dev-Gun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 03:47   #1253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
I had booked Aspire Titanium Deisel on 2nd of April and the GM of Harpreet Ford

I am totally confused now:
Will Aspire sports edition be VFM after paying for 30k to 40k extra for 15" (super dated) alloys, roof wrap, leather steering wheel and black front grill (I like the chrome version)? Also, he told me that the prices have increased by approximately 15k for Aspire.
I had booked it on 2nd April and payed a little booking amount too. Should I not get the same price?
Unfortunately, legally we have to pay the price prevailing at the time of delivery.
But this is at the discretion of the dealer,he could easily give it to you at the older price if he is holding the stock or can absorb the difference on new stock.
All depends on your relation and bargaining skills
ecosport rules is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 09:21   #1254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post

Made a follow up call today and he conveniently tells me that Smoke Grey is taking time and it might get delayed by 5 days from the promised date which is 19th April.

After a little arguing he tells me that he has a Ruby Red Sports Limited Edition in his stockyard (Gurgaon) right now.

I am totally confused now
Waiting a week or 10 days will not matter in the long run. FYI, the wait might be longer than 19th.

Coming to the choice of car:

If the Sports edition indeed comes with a Sporty Suspension setup and if that's what you want, then it's what you need to go for.

Another thing is the 15" alloys - that engine really needed bigger shoes. Read this thread and you will see how many guys were desperate to have them, but the fear of losing Warranty held them back. You will get them as OEM.

Rest all are cosmetic enhancements. The interiors are also all black like the Figo. You can replace the grill with the Chrome one which is available as an accessory for 5k. The OEM grill can be sold back to the dealership or another owner for a good price.

The pricing for the car depends on your negotiation skills - ask the dealer for a discount on the non-sport variant.

- Sam
samaspire is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 19:07   #1255
Distinguished - BHPian

The Aspire Sport in front of a Ford dealership.

Ford Aspire : Official Review-asp-sp.jpg

Received on WhatsApp.
RavenAvi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 22:45   #1256
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The Aspire Sport in front of a Ford dealership.
Well! That's the 15" alloys from the 2014 Fiesta.

And looks like Aspire Sports too is getting black interiors.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 23:03   #1257
Senior - BHPian

Add the Titanium option pack, and you get 4 additional airbags. Would be the perfect enthusiast sedan then - power, feel and safety.

A worthy successor to the hallowed S?

PS: I doubt Ford would have arranged for media drives if this was just cosmetic surgery
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 13:10   #1258
Team-BHP Support

Those alloys and all-black interiors are enough to swing me from Figo to Aspire. Me wants!

P.S. How difficult are the decals to remove?
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 13:16   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Those alloys and all-black interiors are enough to swing me from Figo to Aspire. Me wants!

P.S. How difficult are the decals to remove?
Those decals on the doors and bumper are actually stickers. Should be quite easy to remove them.
skanchan95 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th April 2017, 14:37   #1260
BHPian

Quote:
Ford India today launched special 'Sports Edition' models of its popular subcompact sedan Ford Aspire and its hatchback counterpart the Ford Figo. The Figo and Aspire Sports Editions are available in both petrol and diesel trims and are based on the Titanium variant of both the models. While the Ford Figo Sports Edition is priced at ₹ 6.31 lakh for the petrol variant and ₹ 7.21 lakh for the diesel model, the Ford Aspire Sports Edition has been launched at ₹ 6.50 lakh for the petrol trim and ₹ 7.60 lakh for the oil burner. (All prices ex-showroom, Delhi).
Mechanically the cars remain unchanged
Ford says that they have tuned the suspension for better ride quality.
Source: CarandBike
CrazyToDrive is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks