Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2018, 16:58   #1546
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli.ferns View Post
Hi Guys,
I needed a bit of advice on whether I should go in for the current gen Aspire Petrol automatic. Its available at a discount of 47.5k. I've heard rumors of people bargaining a little higher than this too. My questions are:
  • Can a branded aftermarket touchscreen infotainment system (eg:ones offered by Pioneer) be fitted into the current gen aspire? I think I had seen someone post about an unknown brand but not completely sure. This is important to me as I frequently use Google Maps and viewing it on the inbuilt screen might be better than viewing it on the mobile (docked in the inbuilt dock)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
1. No. Not as of a year back. A friend tried installing a 2DIN System, but it just does not slide in fully. You will need to cut some metal bracket/rod to fit in the unit. But a 1DIN system with retractable or fixed 7" screen can be installed using the panel from the Ambiente or lower variant.
I believe the Figo still has a CD slot, if yes you can buy one of these-
https://www.amazon.in/APPS2CAR-Unive.../dp/B01C3ZKJYQ or

https://www.amazon.in/Ppyple-Univers.../dp/B00C31MF0W
and buy a nice Android Tablet which you can fit on the holder. One of my friend uses the second one, found it to be very sturdy.
rakesh_r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2018, 23:50   #1547
BHPian

Just got the second free (10K) service of my Aspire done a couple of days back.

Engine oil replaced - I asked them if they could use a synthetic oil instead of their regular products. I was told the Castrol 5W 30 semi-synthetic oil is the one which they use in all their diesel cars and it would be difficult to source anything else since this is what Ford recommends. I did not argue much and decided on replacing the engine oil next time by myself.

Wheel rotation/alignment/balancing could not be done as the machine was out of order. I will take the car back in a couple of weeks and get it done. Will see if I could save some bucks in an outside tyre shop.

The music system was giving some troubles, does not autoconnect, songs play with disturbance. I discussed the same with service advisor but did not get any assuring reply. Nor did I check it after service as I'm pretty sure the problem still persists.

I had specifically it in my mind to get the headlamps changed, and on the very day of service, I forgot it completely to ask FASS to replace them with better ones

As expected, a gimmick was played on me. I was asked to get the coating done on the car very casually as if it is a part of service. The bill was nonchalantly revised from the regular 1800/- to some 3700/-. I politely declined and they were surprised and started giving all sorts of justifications. It was amusing to see how they even went against the 3M treatment on the new car that I had done just after buying the car and how it could damage the paint's longevity
I was immediately given a discount and the bill slashed down to around 3000/-. Here I finally fell for the gimmick.

Overall experience was fine, neither were there any major issues to resolve, nor do I see any difference in the car's performance or smoothness after the service as of now. Ever since that Baleno incidence was exposed, I kind of don't trust these service centres. I can only pray that it was properly serviced and not just washed.
Old 24th April 2018, 14:34   #1548
Senior - BHPian

The service reminder of my Aspire diesel came up around the 10900 kms mark. The car was serviced just 500 kms back.

This is the second time it came up when there is not scheduled service anywhere near. Wonder what the logic used is.

Mentioning the process to remove the reminder which was mentioned in this thread earlier.

Turn ignition on and press brake and gas pedal together along with the toggle switch for the mid on the stock till you see 'off' on the display and then turn off ignition and then start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche2409 View Post

Overall experience was fine, neither were there any major issues to resolve, nor do I see any difference in the car's performance or smoothness after the service as of now. Ever since that Baleno incidence was exposed, I kind of don't trust these service centres. I can only pray that it was properly serviced and not just washed.
On a diesel, the effects of fresh oil is hardly felt. Even if it is felt, it goes away in few hundred kms.
On my car which had run 500 kms since the last service , the engine feels like it is due for an oil change again and this is with fuel and oil additives added.
Along with a good engine oil, a clean air filter makes a big difference too. Also make sure the turbo plumbing clamps are all tight since on mine, there was all slightly loose. That makes a obvious difference in power delivery.

Last edited by tharian : 24th April 2018 at 14:42.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 08:47   #1549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Turn ignition on and press brake and gas pedal together along with the toggle switch for the mid on the stock till you see 'off' on the display and then turn off ignition and then start.
Do we need to press brake and accelerator? Otherwise too it will go, right?

Quote:
this is with fuel and oil additives added.
Fuel additive, can we use additives this early? I'm a noob on this. Which one do you use?
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2018, 09:16   #1550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Do we need to press brake and accelerator? Otherwise too it will go, right?
I didn't try without the pedals. These were the steps another member had posted earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Fuel additive, can we use additives this early? I'm a noob on this. Which one do you use?
Not necessary this early. I started using them since I wanted to keep the engine as clean as possible from the beginning and also wanted the diesel NVH to be at the lowest.
Till date I have tried Abro, Liqui Molly and Cetane X fuel additives out of which Cetane X made the biggest difference.
Old 25th April 2018, 10:03   #1551
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Till date I have tried Abro, Liqui Molly and Cetane X fuel additives out of which Cetane X made the biggest difference.
I have also observed the same in my cars. Cetane X has good difference compared to others .
Old 25th April 2018, 10:29   #1552
BHPian

Quote:
This is the second time it came up when there is not scheduled service anywhere near. Wonder what the logic used is.
I have a TDCi EcoSport and after every service I have been resetting the service reminder myself.
This actually should be done by the servicing team while your car is with them. However, I feel, they either forget to do it or are plain lazy and give this a pass.

The first time this message came up, I was on my way to a 3K plus drive with family. This message made me frantically look for a service center. Later, while speaking to one of the service centre guy, he told me that the original service centre should have reset the counter.

HTH..
Old 28th April 2018, 01:46   #1553
BHPian

A good friend of mine called me two days back & told me that the AC unit in his car was making a strange noise. I then asked him to make a video of the sound, sure enough the sound was exactly same as that of our car (Ecosport TDCi). Here are the details of the problem: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4392645
The car in question is an Aspire 1.2 Titanium, bought around 4 months back & only done around 3000km. Even his SA (this car visits a different FASS) was able to recognize the problem easily & has advised my friend to bring the car to the service center to get the problem rectified.

Here are two videos of the buzzing sound:

Last edited by chiranjitp : 28th April 2018 at 01:48.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 05:11   #1554
BHPian

Quote:
Mentioning the process to remove the reminder which was mentioned in this thread earlier.

There is no requirement to press brake and gas pedals. Just pressing the toggle switch for 10 seconds after switching on the engine will ensure the removal of the remainder.
murthy_p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2018, 08:33   #1555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by murthy_p View Post
There is no requirement to press brake and gas pedals. Just pressing the toggle switch for 10 seconds after switching on the engine will ensure the removal of the remainder.
Should the engine be turned on or just the ignition? Because, I tried the brake+gas+button and nothing worked.
Old 28th April 2018, 09:22   #1556
BHPian

My bad. Switching on the ignition and pressing the toggle switch for 10 seconds should do the trick.
murthy_p is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 00:02   #1557
BANNED

Hi guys. Just got my membership request approved. We bought a Ford Aspire Titanium TDCI on 28th December 2017. I had done extensive research and finally finalized it. We have till date driven it around 5000km. We have low running still I wanted to go for the Aspire TDCi just because of its diesel engine. It is one of the best engines which I have driven so far. The ownership review will soon go live. Currently trying to explore the car more and learn about it as I drive it more. The best part about this cra is the Power and the fuel efficiency. Despite having so much power, this car constantly delivers 20-21 kmpl in mixed traffic conditions, more being munched in the city.
fuel_burner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 22:43   #1558
BHPian

Random update - After a recent 700 km road trip reached Delhi late at night around 3 am. Tried to start the car in the next morning. It would crank but not start. There was no error on the display as well. All other systems were working fine initially - all lights, radio, horn etc but after some time it seemed that everything had gone mad. Something or the other would light up randomly but the car won't start. After some time even the central locking stopped working and everything went silent. Called Ford RSA. They sent a guy in an hour. He charged the battery. I thought the issue is over. I still couldn't believe it to be a battery issue as it is just a 2.5 year old car. But next day the same thing happened. Called the RSA, they dispatched a guy in less than an hour who charged the battery again and I straightaway took the car to the service station. Battery had gone kaput and had to be replaced. Got it replaced. The new battery is a motorcraft battery, the old one too. Battery with 1 year warranty costs around 4k minus 500 for the old battery. With 2 year warranty it is 5200 and so on. My front passenger side power window switch had also gone bad (the second time). Got it replaced too. They replaced it on goodwill although I have extended warranty. They said Ford has shared a circular with them to NOT cover it under warranty. Strange! My charging socket too was not working courtesy a blown fuse. The new fuse is 350 bucks! Expensive. I now get how Ford prices its parts. All the non routine parts are super expensive. I also wanted to replace my rims which is 1000 Rs a piece and they offered nothing for the old ones. Refused the deal.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2018, 07:46   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
The new battery is a motorcraft battery, the old one too. Battery with 1 year warranty costs around 4k minus 500 for the old battery. With 2 year warranty it is 5200 and so on.
Isn't the battery covered under extended warranty? If not then why did you not go for some aftermarket battery like Exide or Amaron?

Quote:
My front passenger side power window switch had also gone bad (the second time). Got it replaced too. They replaced it on goodwill although I have extended warranty. They said Ford has shared a circular with them to NOT cover it under warranty. Strange!
What was the issue here? And what's the story behind the circular.

Quote:
My charging socket too was not working courtesy a blown fuse. The new fuse is 350 bucks! Expensive. I now get how Ford prices its parts. All the non routine parts are super expensive. I also wanted to replace my rims which is 1000 Rs a piece and they offered nothing for the old ones. Refused the deal.
The fuses are expensive but not 350 bucks - for 500 odd you can order a set of 5 from AliExpress. But question is - would you need them all?

As for the rims, better to sell them off as scrap where you will get value by weight.
Old 19th May 2018, 19:50   #1560
BANNED

Recently came across this page. Also saw a newspaper advertisement today morning. Dont have the newspaper handy right now. Anyone with more information on this?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Aspire : Official Review-screenshot_20180519194755030_com.android.chrome.png  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks