Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2019, 03:01   #1321
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
Do let us know. The previous gen Figo had that party trick. Don't think this has to be a secret.
For most Ford cars, the hidden MID menu can be accessed by holding down the trip-meter toggle/reset button and turning the key (or keyless start switch) to ignition mode (some cars need engine to be cranked). Continue to hold the button down until the MID display shows 'test' or some equivalent. Should take 5-10 seconds.

You're in. Cycle through the menu using the trip button, turn the key to off when done. Your console will restart in regular mode next time.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th August 2019 at 03:05.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 10:46   #1322
BHPian

I own a Figo 1.5 Tdci Titanium.

Last Night while driving, this "wrench" warning light lit up.
There was no loss of power, or any difference in the way she behaved.
I, immediately, switched off the car, looked for any unusual signs under the bonnet but was unable to find any leak or anything. The symbol then went on to disappear when I turned on the car.

Car is overdue for service by about 900 kms.

The red circled warning light is the one in consideration.
Checked the manual for the same, and it says powertrain malfunction.
However, a similar shaped instrument light serves the purpose of service due reminder.

I need advice on what might be the issues? I have about 3 months left in till my warranty ends, how do I make sure I am not being diverted by the Ford ASS from the real problem as the warning light isn't occuring since then?Any ideas on what might be the issue?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-inked2015fordfigohatchbackinstrumentcluster_li.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-inkedwhatsapp-image-20190810-10.37.41-am-1_li.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-inkedwhatsapp-image-20190810-10.37.41-am_li.jpg  

Old 10th August 2019, 10:57   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
I own a Figo 1.5 Tdci Titanium.

Last Night while driving, this "wrench" warning light lit up.
There was no loss of power, or any difference in the way she behaved.
I, immediately, switched off the car, looked for any unusual signs under the bonnet but was unable to find any leak or anything. The symbol then went on to disappear when I turned on the car.

Car is overdue for service by about 900 kms.
On rare occasions, it lights up without any serious cause. In my Petrol Figo, it lit up once or twice, and it disappeared after an engine restart. At the ASC they checked, found no errors or malfunctions and cleared the error with their OBD reader.

Yellow Blinking Spanner Error (Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold)

In your case, since you say your service is overdue, that is most likely the cause of the "spanner" lighting up.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 10th August 2019 at 10:59.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2019, 11:01   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
On rare occasions, it lights up without any serious cause. In my Petrol Figo, it lit up once or twice, and it disappeared after an engine restart. At the ASC they checked, found no errors or malfunctions and cleared the error with their OBD reader.

Yellow Blinking Spanner Error (Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold)

In your case, since you say your service is overdue, that is most likely the cause of the "spanner" lighting up.
Thank you so much for replying at the earliest.

Just to confirm, the symbol I had circled is the one designated for service overdue, right?
There is, however, no text on the MID like the one on the picture that has been posted by you on your thread.
Old 10th August 2019, 11:12   #1325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much for replying at the earliest.

Just to confirm, the symbol I had circled is the one designated for service overdue, right?
There is, however, no text on the MID like the one on the picture that has been posted by you on your thread.
Yes, its the same yellow spanner symbol I was referring to.

Here is another link to an earlier post in my thread.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post3995279 (Storm Shadow: 2016 Ford Figo 1.2L Ti-VCT Titanium+. EDIT: Now Sold)

It has two pictures of the yellow spanner light on on the speedometer( very early into the ownership). On that occasion, there was an error being shown on the OBD reader - "Engine Overcrank" Error. I was asked whether I had repeatedly cranked the engine, to which I said no.
The second time that it had lit up(Engine Overcrank error on the OBD)

The first time when the light lit up, restarting the engine got rid of it:

They cleared the error and after that If I remember correctly, there was only one time the yellow spanner light came on (with "SEr On" on the MID), which was reported in the link quoted in my earlier post.

The ASC can only find out why the yellow spanner lit up by connecting the OBD reader to your car, if it was a false flag or if something is wrong with your car. So better you take their opinion first.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 10th August 2019 at 11:19.
Old 10th August 2019, 11:19   #1326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Yes, its the same yellow spanner symbol I was referring to.

They cleared the error and after that If I remember correctly, there was only one time the yellow spanner light came on, which was reported in the link quoted in my earlier post.
Thank You So Much.
I really hope its nothing major and will get it checked soon ASAP.

Just scared that, since the light is not coming on again, whether the Ford ASS will be able to diagnose the error.
Any suggestions for the same?
Old 10th August 2019, 11:27   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank You So Much.
I really hope its nothing major and will get it checked soon ASAP.

Just scared that, since the light is not coming on again, whether the Ford ASS will be able to diagnose the error.
Any suggestions for the same?
If you find nothing wrong in the way you car responds to throttle inputs, you should probably stop worrying.

It could well be a false flag or may be because of the service being overdue.
Old 10th August 2019, 22:05   #1328
BHPian

Just to add on the issue here, the service due reminder is different that this one in discussion.

Here is what the Figo/Aspire shows when service is due.

Ford Figo : Official Review-photo_20170827_184423.jpg

Sorry for the poor picture quality but as you may notice the service due / reminder is displayed on MID via this symbol & message.

So I think you should contact the service centre immediately for your error, specially given your warranty is just few months away from expiring.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2019, 23:08   #1329
BHPian

2 Quick Questions:

I am looking forward to buy a Pre-Worshipped 2015/2016 Petrol Figo T/T+ MT soon. Currently scouting for worthy cars in my vicinity.

Q1: Is there anything specific to the Petrol Figo I need to be careful about? Anything specific to the variants I have shortlisted?

Q2: The post facelift Figo / Freestyle have adjustable head restraints on the rear seat but the 2015/2016 models have fixed ones. Is it possible to have the seat back changed to the one from the newer one with the adjustable head restraints? We did get this exact this done on our Logan back in the day and it was the best ₹800 upgrade we could ever think of.
Old 15th September 2019, 20:20   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
2 Quick Questions:

Q1: Is there anything specific to the Petrol Figo I need to be careful about? Anything specific to the variants I have shortlisted?

Q2: The post facelift Figo / Freestyle have adjustable head restraints on the rear seat but the 2015/2016 models have fixed ones. Is it possible to have the seat back changed to the one from the newer one with the adjustable head restraints? We did get this exact this done on our Logan back in the day and it was the best ₹800 upgrade we could ever think of.
Ans1. First and foremost the clutch, The car is powerful and the clutch takes beating if used improperly, and is expensive >10K.
The Figo has a very soft suspension setup, so do check for underbody damages, if any. Oil Sump being one of the major areas which could be damaged, check if it has been repaired. Transimission and engine mounts need to be looked at. Do check for suspension bushings, look for squeaky noises.
Needless to say, if serviced from Ford at regural intervals, The car would be in great shape. (Bonus - Warranty)

Ans2. I am sure it can be changed as it is easily removable but because Figo is such a rare car when compared to say Swift, i20, It'll be really hard and maybe expensive to find one.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 04:02   #1331
BHPian

Hey, I have few doubts on Figo. Currently own a Figo S TDCI (2018)

Q1. What is the approx life of Clutchand Brake Pads? How much do each of the two cost?

Q2. Can the new touch screen be fitted into the previous gen Figo? If yes then will the service center be able to do it? And cost of the entire setup?

Q3. Can synthetic engine oil be used instead of the mineral oil? Benefits of synthetic oil?

Please help me get answers for them. Will be taking the Figo for the 10k service soon.
Old 16th September 2019, 10:07   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Q1. What is the approx life of Clutchand Brake Pads? How much do each of the two cost?
Very subjective question. It's like fuel economy, totally dependent on driving style, traffic density, etc.

Basically if you are facing lot of signal to signal city traffic, pads/shoe will last less.

If you are driving enthusiastically & doing a lot of hard deceleration, definately the stuff will wear out way sooner.

But if you are using the vehicle a lot on highway, where you are a relaxed driver who likes to use engine braking to do the bulk of declaration, then definately the brake pads will have much longer life.

However if you scout the Figo platform related threads here in forum, you can find most of the users are able to clock 40/50k+ KM's without much of an issue.

Quote:
Q2. Can the new touch screen be fitted into the previous gen Figo? If yes then will the service center be able to do it? And cost of the entire setup?
Theoretically yes, but yet to find some one doing it. Some time back some one posted in this forum about some Ford dealership quoting 54k for this mod.

Quote:
Q3. Can synthetic engine oil be used instead of the mineral oil? Benefits of synthetic oil?
Technically why not. But in practice Ford will void your warranty for carrying out side oil. Unfortunately Ford dealership doesn't stock any well known brand oil. Usually shell or Castrol (from their large drum)

Mind you 1.5L TDCi has a very specific oil requirement.

Only brand with 3.5/4L pack right now meeting that (WSS-M2C913-D) is Mobil Super 3000 X1

https://lubes.mobil.com/AP-English-L...FE-5W-30.aspx#

Matter of fact there are few in this forum who has clocked close to lakh KM's with Ford Service given default oil without much issue. Even when that vehicle is used for commercial purposes within city too.

Refer here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-...80-000-km.html

Thanks.

Last edited by NaXal : 16th September 2019 at 10:16. Reason: Added link
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 10:16   #1333
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The FASS won't do it generally. Most of these stations have specific guidelines from the car-makers NOT to do cross generation fitments to ensure product lifecycle management & churn. Also - OEM head units, displays etc cost a bomb via A-S-S as genuine parts. Better not to do it IMO.
Quote:
Yes it sure can be used. Only benefit = more profit for the oil company. In regular usage - it hardly makes any difference. I have used both. Felt nothing except higher credit card bill when I changed it. Many people report smoother engine with synthetic oil. I never got that experience.
Reinhard is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 10:32   #1334
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

A better option would be to change the mineral oil at the service centre every 5k kms if you run 10k kms per year.
It works well and won't burn a hole in your pocket either. The problem with the mineral oil is, it is good for around 5-6k kms after which the NVH increases which makes you feel that like going for a synthetic oil.
tharian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th September 2019, 11:06   #1335
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
A better option would be to change the mineral oil at the service centre every 5k kms if you run 10k kms per year.
Thank you. You had mentioned this in your thread as well. Will keep the mineral engine oil change service every 5000-7500 Kms rather than 10k Kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The FASS won't do it generally. Most of these stations have specific guidelines from the car-makers NOT to do cross generation fitments to ensure product lifecycle management & churn. Also - OEM head units, displays etc cost a bomb via A-S-S as genuine parts. Better not to do it IMO.
True, never thought why would the service center wont do it or do it at an exorbitant cost. Rather buy a tablet and place it on the My Dock. Thank you Reinhard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Very subjective question.
However if you scout the Figo platform related threads here in forum, you can find most of the users are able to clock 40/50k+ KM's without much of an issue.
Thank you buddy. My clutch feels hard at 8300 Kms. Had done clutch bleeding and it was good for few thousand kms but again it has got my left knee paining. I read in the forum that Ford Diesel cars have a clutch with more spring back action which makes one's knee pain more than using any other brand. Will changing the entire clutch kit make a difference? What will be the approx cost? Driving in Mumbai traffic really hurts the knee a lot. Takes out some of the fun and happiness of driving it around at the end of it.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks