Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2016, 08:32   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by camon View Post
I have figo automatic which gives around same mileage as you mentioned....
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
...Figo being a lighter car should get better mileage than the Aspire. Your problem might have c something to do with driving styles.
Thanks guys for the feedback. I think I will cancel the dealer appointment on Saturday, it may not make any difference. Sam, what you have mentioned might be true, the driving style. I dont have much clue about it because I use it only on highways (once or twice in a Quarter). Monday to Friday its wife's car to office through bumper to bumper peak traffic morning and evening. I dont think she gets a chance to even experience 3rd and 4th gear.

Last edited by shajufx : 24th June 2016 at 08:33.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 09:13   #527
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Thanks guys for the feedback. I think I will cancel the dealer appointment on Saturday, it may not make any difference. Sam, what you have mentioned might be true, the driving style. I dont have much clue about it because I use it only on highways (once or twice in a Quarter). Monday to Friday its wife's car to office through bumper to bumper peak traffic morning and evening. I dont think she gets a chance to even experience 3rd and 4th gear.
May be half clutching a lot? I say because my wife used to do it!
Old 24th June 2016, 09:21   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
May be half clutching a lot? I say because my wife used to do it!
Need to check with her, I have no idea how ladies drive, never dared to check their legs when they are driving Even if I ask her, she may not have any clue what I am talking about !!!
Old 24th June 2016, 09:45   #529
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I dont think she gets a chance to even experience 3rd and 4th gear.
Quote:
Need to check with her, I have no idea how ladies drive, never dared to check their legs when they are driving Even if I ask her, she may not have any clue what I am talking about !!!
Actually your wife may be driving properly. Under the 3rd gear, in heavy, Bangalore traffic - I would say that is the correct mileage in a petrol figo.

The highway mileage should have been more though.
Old 24th June 2016, 09:52   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
The highway mileage should have been more though.
Me driving on the highway, its very hard to get more than 14 kmpl ! I rip it whenever I can, I enjoy the engine roar more than the music. That has forced me to go for something in the need for a powerful engine above 2 L category. Presently I don't own anything in my name, hopefully owning a 190-230 bhp very soon, thats discussion for another day
Old 24th June 2016, 11:16   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailukitta View Post
Any suggestions on taking the insurance from outside?
First Congrats and happy driving!

I have tried 3 different Insurance Companies so far - Bharti AXA, ICICI and Royal Sundaram (present). In case of a claim, I never had any problems with any (No claims in present). But, I view Bharti AXA very favorably - they were the fastest to settle a claim. If you know what exactly to do in case of a claim - no company can deny it.

Though my recommendation is between Bharti AXA and ICICI.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 22:09   #532

Got delivery of my Figo Titanium TDCI a few days back. Deep impact blue looks really good on the car. Thinking of going for the reverse camera and IVRM display, was quoted 10,900/- for the same. Price seems a bit steep,also are they any good or are the parking sensors enough.Will post a detailed review after the end of run in period.
Attachment 1521015
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20160609wa0007-1.jpg  

@dr_figo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 24th June 2016, 23:18   #533
BHPian

@dr_figo congratulations for the new acquisition, Figo in that shade looks stunning. Please share your initial driving impressions and loads of pictures.
Old 25th June 2016, 11:00   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dr_figo View Post
Got delivery of my Figo Titanium TDCI a few days back. Deep impact blue looks really good on the car. Thinking of going for the reverse camera and IVRM display, was quoted 10,900/- for the same. Price seems a bit steep
Is it a new colour? Never seen it anywhere. Looks really nice. I would have picked this colour if I saw one earlier. I had fixed the reverse camera from the dealer, paid 12500, so you are getting a better deal. It's far better than sensors. You can see the back even in pitch dark, very helpful for tight parking.
Old 25th June 2016, 19:39   #535
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @dr_figo View Post

Got delivery of my Figo Titanium TDCI a few days back. Deep impact blue looks really good on the car.
Congrats @dr_figo on your latest acquisition and its a 'True Blue Hot Hatch' !!

With VW discontinuing the Night Blue on both Vento/Polo, this shade on the Figo/Aspire is by far one of the most gorgeous colours available on a mainstream car

Wishing you a happy motoring and looking forward to your ownership report.
Old 26th June 2016, 07:35   #536
BHPian

My Figo TDCi is about to touch the 24K mark on the odometer and I have always felt the stock headlights are below par. The feeling has only become stronger with the onset of the Monsoon! It almost reached scary proportions last night when I had to drive through heavy rainfall for more than an hour.
I am thinking about replacing the stock headlights with Philips Extreme Vision Plus lights. Guys! will this change be good enough or is there a better option?! Thanks!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 08:48   #537
BHPian

Quote:
Is it a new colour?
It has been there since launch but Ford never marketed it for some strange reason. Looks richer in this colour. However, maintaining this shade may be as tough as maintaining a black car! Mobike008's Aspire is of the same shade.
avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2016, 09:05   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avingodb View Post
It has been there since launch but Ford never marketed it for some strange reason. Looks richer in this colour. However, maintaining this shade may be as tough as maintaining a black car!.
True, all their marketing and major reviews were with the golden car. Colour choices were completely hidden. Anyway I went with white and I dont think any other colour is as tough as white to maintain.
Old 26th June 2016, 10:57   #539

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blow Horn Ok View Post
@dr_figo congratulations for the new acquisition, Figo in that shade looks stunning. Please share your initial driving impressions and loads of pictures.
Thank you, driving impressions coming up at end of run in period,current odometer reading is 318 kms.
Quote:
Is it a new colour? Never seen it anywhere. Looks really nice. I would have picked this colour if I saw one earlier. I had fixed the reverse camera from the dealer, paid 12500, so you are getting a better deal. It's far better than sensors. You can see the back even in pitch dark, very helpful for tight parking.
Deep impact blue colour has been there since the begining, ford should have marketed using this rather than sparkling gold. Have talked to the dealer,getting the reverse camera this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Congrats @dr_figo on your latest acquisition and its a 'True Blue Hot Hatch' !!
With VW discontinuing the Night Blue on both Vento/Polo, this shade on the Figo/Aspire is by far one of the most gorgeous colours available on a mainstream car
Wishing you a happy motoring and looking forward to your ownership report.
Thank you,have not yet opened her up, maximum went upto 70 km/hr and never rossed 2000 rpm,following run in period recommendations religiously.
Colour looks really nice, kinda of makes the car a bit more sporty. Matt black/antracite alloys will look stunning with this colour.
Old 26th June 2016, 20:04   #540
BHPian

My white beauty, took delivery about a month back. Its no doubt the best car in its segment, did thorough survey and compared with all the cars in its class and it comes out on top. Completed first service and no issues till date.

Sharing few pics of my beast
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160507_204425.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160509_084454.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160509_090419.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160609_172623.jpg  

miles_hungry is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks