Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2019, 23:01   #766
BHPian

Re: Fiat Abarth Punto : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pferdestarke View Post

BTW what's the OTR price of your deal?
Thank you dude.

9.05 lakhs without insurance, I got a quote for Rs.28,000, so, it should be Rs.9.33 lakhs. But had to negotiate hard and visit multiple times before closing on this deal. The last price was finalized over the phone, the irony. He offered me 9.55 lakhs after all discounts but future generalli insurance was offered from them after discounts. I told them to remove insurance from the quote and also asked them to add Corp discount even though I'm an entrepreneur and not eligible for Corp discount. He quoted 9.15 lakhs at last and I stood at 9 lakhs without insurance , at last agreed on 9.05 lakhs without insurance.

Think there is 20-30k that can be pushed if there were more cars in the plant. It was the last 5 cars, he showed me the FCA internal inventory Excel sheet that got sent on Saturday. So did not negotiate further. Hope it's a good deal and zilch accessories from the dealer side. Nothing at all.

Last edited by revv_maniac : 25th February 2019 at 23:03.
Old 26th February 2019, 00:54   #767
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by camitesh View Post
Happened to see your Abarth in Nirlon Knowledge Park last Friday, looked beautiful sleeper car with no stickers. Would have asked the reason to let this baby go but I suppose you are not looking to sell the car anymore.
You might have seen another Abarth, it wasn't mine.

Well, since you asked, my plan was to pick up a brand new black 2018 Abarth Punto and the deal I was offered was irresistible (let's just say over 3L off on-road) , although I can't reveal more details here. But just like every time, even this time when I though of selling my car, the 'universe' conspired against my plans, and eventually it never happened my way. Whether my decision was right or wrong, or whether the plan seemed irrational, I don't know; but retaining my Abarth is something that I don't regret.

Last edited by S2!!! : 26th February 2019 at 00:55.
S2!!! is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 05:09   #768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
I don't know; but retaining my Abarth is something that I don't regret.
I am a bit confused. You were selling your Abarth to buy another Abarth?
Old 26th February 2019, 11:37   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
Hope it's a good deal and zilch accessories from the dealer side. Nothing at all.
It's certainly not a bad deal IMHO. What I can suggest is to get the reverse camera (if necessary for you) fitted at additional cost from dealership itself if you can to avoid warranty hassles. The camera fitting in my Abarth by dealership is good and has decent output, even in low lights. Rest of the accessories such as mats, mudflaps, car cover etc. can be from aftermarket and shouldn't cost much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2!!! View Post
You might have seen another Abarth, it wasn't mine.

Well, since you asked, my plan was to pick up a brand new black 2018 Abarth Punto and the deal I was offered was irresistible (let's just say over 3L off on-road) , although I can't reveal more details here.
Oh okay, nevertheless that was the first Abarth Punto I saw in Mumbai in a long time.

That's some commitment for Abarth Punto. I wondered it's probably due to service issues and parts availability in Mumbai but happy to know that isn't the case.

On other note, 3 Lacs off on road is tempting

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th February 2019 at 13:31. Reason: Spacing
Old 26th February 2019, 12:36   #770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revv_maniac View Post
9.05 lakhs without insurance, I got a quote for Rs.28,000, so, it should be Rs.9.33 lakhs. But had to negotiate hard and visit multiple times before closing on this deal.
9.33 is a decent deal if you ask me, considering the recent purchases made in South India (Most of them were in the range of 9-9.5).

I was in the same boat when I went in for purchase. Though I pushed the dealer for more discounts, he had repeatedly pointed me towards the limited inventory and convinced me.

I'd suggest you to request the dealer to install reverse cam as a complimentary add on. My dealer has obliged my request and I'm getting one for free.
Pferdestarke is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 19:53   #771
BHPian

I've booked mine as well. The heart wins.

2L discount, basic accessories are free. (nothing close to what S2 was mentioning in his post)
Dealer got me an insurance quote that was broadly inline with what i was seeing online so I opted for insurance through the dealership itself.

Will be getting two additional things done before taking delivery
1. Anti rust treatment on the underbody
2. Sun control film on all windows

A couple of questions

Pain/Scratch protection film
I have had a torrid time in the past with people scratching my car and my bike. The Wagon R still bears the scratches. The bullet has been scratched again after the touch up. Car and bike are parked in a private lane in South Bombay, not on public roads :-(

Any advice on paint protection/scratch protection film?
The 3M bit seems expensive if i have to cover both bumpers and all 4 doors
I am not sure that it will offer protection if someone is intentionally trying to scratch the paint off with a key or a sharp stone
Am i better of just skipping the film and getting detailing/touch ups done?

GPS tracking
Any recommendations /experience with this? I will be enquiring with the dealership as well.

Cheers!
M

Last edited by suhaas307 : 26th February 2019 at 21:40. Reason: Spacing
Mar21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2019, 22:41   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mar21 View Post
I've booked mine as well. The heart wins. 2L discount, basic accessories are free.
Congratulations and welcome to the club! Please mention the OTR price you're paying for the Abarth.

Quote:
Any advice on paint protection/scratch protection film? The 3M bit seems expensive if i have to cover both bumpers and all 4 doors
Rather than going for all 4 doors, opt for their most VFM package i.e., for 20K they'll cover four bumper corners, four door sills, door edges, door handle cups since these are most prone to scratches from daily usage.

Quote:
I am not sure that it will offer protection if someone is intentionally trying to scratch the paint off with a key or a sharp stone
Ask 3M guys for a demo. I've tried scratching a filmed hood with a pointed knife but PPF took the damage well and saved the paint.
Old 28th February 2019, 02:45   #773
BHPian

Hi All,

Booked a Fiat Punto Abarth Hip hop black today at KHT prime dealership, Bengaluru today.

Placed the order with FCA and will be getting the car soon from the plant.

Got 1.88 lakhs discount on Ex-showroom price and 15k discount on Insurance, so my On Road is 9.8 lakhs INR.

I will ask the dealer to install a reverse camera as complimentary and also underbody treatment.

Anything I need to keep in mind before taking the delivery folks?

Thank you

Last edited by suhaas307 : 28th February 2019 at 07:11. Reason: Spacing
msvg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 13:36   #774
BHPian

Msvg,

Has kht confirmed your booking?

My dealer came back today saying that 2018 stock has run out and only 2019 stock is available without any discount.
Old 28th February 2019, 15:25   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Msvg,

Has kht confirmed your booking?

My dealer came back today saying that 2018 stock has run out and only 2019 stock is available without any discount.
2019 stock? Wait a minute, are they saying that Fiat India is still manufacturing Abarth Puntos in 2019? What is the on road price for the 2019 models, if that is indeed the case?
Old 28th February 2019, 16:04   #776
BHPian

Add back the 1.8l or 2L And you get the on road. Basically the offer is not valid on 2019 stock.

I've asked for details on how much 2019 stock there is . Yet to hear back.

But really pulling my hair out. Three days after accepting my booking I hear this from them.
Old 28th February 2019, 19:37   #777
BHPian

Quote:

But really pulling my hair out. Three days after accepting my booking I hear this from them.
I just booked mine 4 days back.
Any changes ?
Old 28th February 2019, 21:02   #778
BHPian

Not confirmed yet, dealer say no stock and waiting for next month production and discount list.
Old 28th February 2019, 21:39   #779
BHPian

No, I was told that there are no differences between the 2018 /2019 models.

Just that there's no offer on the 2019 model.

I'd rather pay 2L less and get a 2018 car.

Like I said. Bummer. Still wondering why it took 3 full days for them to revert with this message in today's day and age where inventory levels should be available at the click of a button.
Old 28th February 2019, 23:30   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msvg View Post
Not confirmed yet, dealer say no stock and waiting for next month production and discount list.
I was told 5 cars are left last Saturday and I paid an advance to block one of them, and now I have paid 90% of the OTR cost, hope I get allotted a car. Haven't got a VIN yet or car is dispatched message yet. The sales guy told me last week that they will refund my advance if the car is not allotted even though I have paid 90% of the OTR price.

Fingers crossed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks