Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2016, 16:54   #316
Senior - BHPian

re: Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Had a small scare day before yesterday.

I was driving to work when I noticed that the AWD malfunction icon was lit. Scared the pants off me.

Parked by roadside, switched off, waited for 30 seconds and switched on again. The icon was no longer glowing.

Has not happened since.
Its normal, Happened with me too, Also another AWD owner faced the same thing, Talking about it to the service centre too said its normal to happen, It just shouldn't stay ON "always" even after restarting the car.
Old 2nd July 2016, 12:59   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tirthankard77 View Post
Today, I booked W6 AT Sunset Orange At India Garage, its a May Manufactured vehicle, and has Hill Hold and ESP, this was confirmed by the Sales person by getting a Photo from the stock yard. Delivery will happen in a weeks time. I will reconfirm.

Just did the PDI, all looked good. Thank you TEAM BHP for all their advice. Note based on VIN it's June manufacturing and it has Hill Hold and ESP features
tirthankard77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 11:41   #318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Its normal, Happened with me too, Also another AWD owner faced the same thing, Talking about it to the service centre too said its normal to happen, It just shouldn't stay ON "always" even after restarting the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I was driving to work when I noticed that the AWD malfunction icon was lit. Scared the pants off me.
Happened twice with my W8 AWD MT, in the last three months. Disappeared after I switched the ignition off.will mention it to SA when I get the car serviced.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 20:41   #319
BHPian

Yesterday evening we got the delivery of XUV 500 W6 AT, I upgraded from a W4 bought on November 2013. I was a great companion for 39000 KMs and never failed but once. My daily commute is around 48 km in Bangalore traffic. Hence wanted a Automatic Car. Did not get much opportunity to take many Photos, adding one with a promise of more in a weeks time. Thank you all for vast information.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV500 Diesel Automatic : Official Review-whatsappimage20160703.jpg  

Last edited by tirthankard77 : 3rd July 2016 at 20:47. Reason: Correction
tirthankard77 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 22:54   #320
BHPian

Re: Difference between W6-AT and W8-AT

Quote:
Please refer the attachment to see the exact difference between W6-AT and W8-AT.
Just to add for those who are looking at W6 AT, all the difference mentioned are correct, except the Driver Side widow has express down. The Xuv website says other wise.
Old 8th July 2016, 22:58   #321
BHPian

Hi, Just completed 4000 kms with my XUV W10 AT with a 765 kms drive from Amritsar to Naldhera via Chandigarh, Kandaghat,shimla and back.

My observations till now:

AT is a breeze to drive both in the city and on the highways. Previously with XUV w8, my left leg used to pain at the end of the day but now no such problem. It is such effortless driving in city traffic. The downshifts happen seamlessly with upshifts at approximately 1800 RPM and hence the car is in the powerband.
At highways too, it is such a relaxed cruiser. Never have i felt to turn to manual mode for overtaking or otherwise. For brisk overtaking, just a strong push on the accelerator and the revs build up resulting in an easy overtaking.
It was especially enjoyable in the hilly areas. We passed through muddy roads, bad roads, good roads, heavy traffic roads and roads with landslides a few days back. It managed all of them with ease. I can imagine the pain i would have to go through driving a manual diesel with a heavy clutch on all these roads in hills.

Another noticeable improvement over the previous gen XUV is in the suspension. It feels a lot more stable and planted than the previous one and much more confidence inspiring. Although the nose diving effect on sudden braking is still there.

Coming to brakes, they too have improved over the previous gen vehicle with much more bite.

Any negatives?

1. Although it may not be a substantial negative, but i felt that the upshifts could have occured 100-200 RPm s earlier. it would have improved the FE and kept the engine noise under control too which i felt is louder than my previous vehicle which was much more silent.

2. The Manual mode did not seem to of much help to me. If you want to upshift earlier than the Car thinks then the upshift simply does not occur. However, no such problems with down shifts though. The manual mode should be atrue manual mode with both upshifts and down shifts as per the driver inclinations.

3. The touchscreen although much bigger and better looking is very tedious to use especially navigating through various folders.

4. Maps were much better in the previous gen. I found myself using my google maps on iphone rather than the inbuilt ones.

Other than these small con, the car has been effortless to drive. It has probably got one of the best Engine - AT combination available as of now. Reliability isto bee yet seen though over a longer period of time. Hope so it stays niggle free.
manasmadaan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th July 2016, 00:01   #322
KBo

Quote:
Yesterday evening we got the delivery of XUV 500 W6 AT, I upgraded from a W4 bought on November 2013. I was a great companion for 39000 KMs and never failed but once. My daily commute is around 48 km in Bangalore traffic. Hence wanted a Automatic Car. Did not get much opportunity to take many Photos, adding one with a promise of more in a weeks time. Thank you all for vast information.
Congratulations! Please put up some more pictures and do share your experience and views for all of us. Wish you many happy miles of driving!
Old 9th July 2016, 00:45   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi, Just completed 4000 kms with my XUV W10 AT with a 765 kms drive from Amritsar to Naldhera via Chandigarh, Kandaghat,shimla and back.
What's the fuel efficiency you got on the trip?
Old 9th July 2016, 11:52   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoiledBratt View Post
What's the fuel efficiency you got on the trip?
The overall fuel efficiency as per the tankful method was 13.2 kpl. I think its good enough considering the road conditions and the hilly terrain
Old 9th July 2016, 21:08   #325
BHPian

Mahindra XUV500 Automatic : Official Review

Did a test drive of W10 automatic today and got to experience the AT in bumper to bumper traffic.

Was enquiring about AWD version with AT and SA was mentioning that AWD does not make much of difference in comparison to 4x4. It is better to go for FWD AT. Do agree on the comparison however thought it is much better than FWD.

It will not be used every time however with AWD will try to go places where i cannot try with FWD.

Owners are requested to share their views please. Is it worth spending 1.25 lacs plus for AWD.

Ride quality has improved a lot better and braking too.

Last edited by couswheels : 9th July 2016 at 21:10.
Old 9th July 2016, 21:59   #326

Hi,
Can anyone please give an update if this gear box (Aisin) would be introduced on the Scorpio ? It was mentioned in the the press releases in Nov/ Dec 2015 that 2016 Scorpio would come with the same AT box .....an upgrade from the current DSI. Pl let me know as I'm a die hard Scorpio driver...just sold my worshipped 2011 to move to AT.
Old 10th July 2016, 01:39   #327
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by couswheels View Post
Was enquiring about AWD version with AT and SA was mentioning that AWD does not make much of difference in comparison to 4x4. It is better to go for FWD AT. Do agree on the comparison however thought it is much better than FWD.

It will not be used every time however with AWD will try to go places where i cannot try with FWD.

Owners are requested to share their views please. Is it worth spending 1.25 lacs plus for AWD.

Ride quality has improved a lot better and braking too.

Mr previous xuv 500 was a FWD, I drove it for 80,000 kms and then got the New age one with AWD, Its been 27,000 kms with it and i am really really glad i went for the AWD version, Forget about the off road ability, Even in the day to day drive there is a difference which you would feel when you drive with a heavy foot and also in the corners and even during wet conditions, SA's dont really have much knowledge, They just try to sell whatever is ready with them, While purchasing my previous XUV too i wanted the AWD version but since the booking was closed i had to compromise with the FWD version, For me, NO AWD = No SUV.

You can go places where you won't dare with a FWD car is an added advantage really.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 13:05   #328
BHPian

Completed first service of my W6 AT on the way to Pune at Kolhapur. Bill was around 2300 but then I added extended warranty for total 5 years and total 5 years of roadside assistance, so it was about 30k.

The car is a dream to drive. Before upgrading from new age W4 that I bought last year I was considering innova AT but I don't regret it now. This car can comfortably drive at high speed when required like the manual W4, handles bad roads, curves, sudden lane changes etc. really well. I have driven it at moderate to high speed over sudden craters and bumps but there were no issues. Highest mileage I got was around 12.45 kmpl tankful and worst was around 10.45 kmpl. Drive was effortless and not at all tiring.

Mod Note: Team-BHP strongly discourages unsafe driving practices that put yourself and other road users at risk. Please do NOT post about illegally high speeds on public roads.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th July 2016 at 13:20.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 19:34   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkarvind View Post
3. Comfort during the journey was excellent as shared by the family. Didnt feel tired at all after a 750km drive. For the kids, I have got the MMI Headrest monitor installed and it came handy for the long journeys with their favorite movies playing.
How is the MMI headrest monitors? Does it support all the formats? I am planning to get for my kids too.
Old 13th July 2016, 06:48   #330
BHPian

Looks like W10 AT is available now with Passive key-less entry and start stop button, which earlier were inexplicably omitted when the AT was launched. (were always available in the W10 MT)

Not sure if Mahindra announced the availability of these features.

@Mods : Please see if it has to be updated in the review.
mayank0782 is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks