Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2020, 09:26   #2701
BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akash.D View Post
The car is fantastic. It is fully feature loaded at this price point and is the safest car in the category. The car has a good balance between fuel economy and performance. The build quality is excellent and ride is plush. In short, you won't complain.
Great to hear!!!

Quote:
The only let down is the service experience. People at the service centre has an indifferent attitude which may be different at your location.
Right. But to be frank, I don't have a better, safer option I think, within 7 and 8 lacs, except....

Quote:
My suggestion would be to check the Altroz variant within the same budget.
Yeah, the XM+ is actually a little more expensive than the top spec Tiago, or so I reckon because the dealer says that there is no information about the model at all!!! The Altroz won me over with the looks too, but only the top variant (out of budget) gets a rear wipers and a defogger. I live in a rather hot place, but when I do drive in the rain, it feels like I'm driving blind, with both front and rear glasses fogging up all the time. Hence I didn't want to risk it.

Quote:
As far as new features are concerned, all I know is that the new ones will have door lock on the unlock lever in place of the old pull type ones in my car.
That's the one. It doesn't matter what type it is, but I just want to know if that latest iteration is being sold. Just want to get the latest model possible

And thanks for the reply. Had to know how it is in real life. Impressive that the facelift Tiago has been niggle-free to a large extent. It's quite reassuring as a prospective buyer
Old 17th November 2020, 16:48   #2702
BHPian

Are there any pictures of the silver Tiago?? Haven't been able to see it in person this far.
Old 17th November 2020, 20:35   #2703
BHPian

Can someone confirm if the updated XT variant has got steering mounted Audio controls ?

I can see it in the brochure, but the SA was very sure that it's not available and that it used to be available in 2019 version

The feature deletions are confusing everyone

Last edited by Sk8r : 17th November 2020 at 20:39. Reason: Typo
Old 18th November 2020, 00:38   #2704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk8r View Post
I can see it in the brochure, but the SA was very sure that it's not available and that it used to be available in 2019 version

The feature deletions are confusing everyone
I'd say trust the brochure. I didn't get to see a XT spec Tiago... Both the ones I saw are XZ+. Had another clarification (regarding the updated lock system) with my SA, and understood that the information travels through the hierarchy a bit slowly

So I suggest you ask the SA to confirm after checking with his seniors or something. Don't know when this update was announced, but it takes a little time for updates to actually reach showrooms I guess. (I saw the lock system news like a month ago and got confirmation today that subsequent cars are getting it)
gusfring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 11:55   #2705
BHPian

Quote:
Dear Bhpians,

My father in law is looking for an entry level car with a budget of 5 to 5.5 lakhs and the responsibility of picking the car is with me (Hope you get the high stakes decision making)

The requirements :

1- Manual transmission ( He is a first time car buyer and want to learn the basics right )
2- Maruti ( it's a tier 3 city and spares should not be a problem in the long run )
3- New Car ( Car is a status symbol in India )
4- Petrol ( Low running & CNG ruled is out due to lack of availability )
5- Reliable ( His current bike splendour is running at ~ 21 years and survived the Tsunami too )
6- Family friendly ( Getting In / Out of the car should be easy )
7- Usage : 60 % City roads, 40 % State highways

I had two options in mind - Spresso and Wagon R

In favor of Spresso:

- We get the top model for 5.1 Lakhs - Screams VFM
- Small footprint - Easy to drive around
- High GC ( will help in Tier 3 cities)

In favor of Wagon R

- Household name & conservative looks
- Spacious interiors

Thanks in advance for sharing your humble views and suggestions

Mods - I couldn't find a thread for a budget of 5 - 5.5 Lakhs, please move post if necessary
Cross posting from another thread to update that I could convince my FIL to increase his budget to 6 Lakhs and now I am contemplating between Wagon R 1.2 VXI ( O ) and Tiago XT

I visited Tata showroom yesterday and was blown away by the looks / quality / safety. To the honest I am completely sold for Tiago except for one thought - Multiple issues with low frequency

I went through all the pages in this forum until 1 AM yesterday and I have few concerns / queries as below. Request your thoughts on those for me to make an informed decision

I could see issues ranging from ( I could be wrong in some issues below )

1) Petrol pump related issues in Petrol variant
2) Water leakage issues in a couple of Tiagos
3) Suspension broken
4) Wheel hub broken
5) Harman Kardon ICE not turning off / not pairing

Now I completely trust Tata in the recent times but want to understand how is the QC in the latest models rolling out from the company

My apprehension is that my FIL is a first time car buyer and any service center ( Maruti / Tata ) is a good 50 kms away from home. So reliability is a big factor here

Thanks in advance
Sk8r is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 12:26   #2706
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Cross posting from another thread to update that I could convince my FIL to increase his budget to 6 Lakhs and now I am contemplating between Wagon R 1.2 VXI ( O ) and Tiago XT

I visited Tata showroom yesterday and was blown away by the looks / quality / safety. To the honest I am completely sold for Tiago except for one thought - Multiple issues with low frequency

I went through all the pages in this forum until 1 AM yesterday and I have few concerns / queries as below. Request your thoughts on those for me to make an informed decision

I could see issues ranging from ( I could be wrong in some issues below )

1) Petrol pump related issues in Petrol variant
2) Water leakage issues in a couple of Tiagos
3) Suspension broken
4) Wheel hub broken
5) Harman Kardon ICE not turning off / not pairing

Now I completely trust Tata in the recent times but want to understand how is the QC in the latest models rolling out from the company

My apprehension is that my FIL is a first time car buyer and any service center ( Maruti / Tata ) is a good 50 kms away from home. So reliability is a big factor here

Thanks in advance
In my 3 years of ownership i have run 18k kms on my petrol Tigor XZA (same as Tiago plus the boot).

Following is the list of issues faced so far:

1) AMT Fault warning light came up randomly once. Restarted the car problem didn't reproduce.

2) Power loss while crusing at 60-70 kmph. Pressing the accelerator was not helping and the car was decelerating. Restarted the car and problem disapperaed. Have since run 4k kms and problem didn't reproduce. SA told me they will have to check Fuel pump if the problem resurfaces. But thankfully it hasnt. To me it seems like some sensor issue (electrical) rather than a mechanical issue.

3) Check engine warning lamp lit up once randomly. Restarted the car the warning light disappeared and drove for about 200 kms since then, no issues. Again looks like an electrical issue rather than a mechanical one.

4) Drumming sound from front left suspension/tyre. Haven't got it checked at SC yet since the problem is not reproduced always. Its only while going through very rough road at slow speed that i notice it. Probably will get it fixed soon.

To some up, in 18k kms i haven't had a major issue (breakdown et al) but there does seem to be some electrical niggles - particularly sensors in this car. But my car is 3 years old and i hope Tata would have sorted some of these issues by now in the newer iterations.

Hope that helps.

Last edited by DCEite : 18th November 2020 at 12:29.
DCEite is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th November 2020, 21:07   #2707
BHPian

Quote:

Same apprehension here too, have decided to go for Tiago though. I read most posts from January, since the facelift. And from my observation atleast, the issues are far and few between in this thread, for the facelift version. I did a TD too, and it was good. Requirement here is primarily city, and Tiago does that well. I still think Tiago is a good choice, if you want a cruiser. No crazy acceleration but can do highways well. WagonR has safety as a concern, ticking most other boxes. Haven't seen the facelifted WagonR but the Tiago sure feels premium.
gusfring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 14:53   #2708
BHPian

Anyone owning the facelifted Tatas... Any idea where I can get a steering cover? It would be good enough as long as it fits properly. Or if there's a place that stocks them in Chennai please suggest it too

Second, which Tata service centre, from experience, is good in Chennai??
Old 23rd November 2020, 11:59   #2709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Anyone owning the facelifted Tatas... Any idea where I can get a steering cover? It would be good enough as long as it fits properly. Or if there's a place that stocks them in Chennai please suggest it too
For steering covers, I think you could give Friend's Car accessories(FCA) a try. We've been their customer since early 2000s, and are happy with their products. There are a couple of FCA shops in south Chennai: Pallikaranai, Sembakkam, OMR, and so on. So you may choose one per your convenience. You also have the usual suspect, GP road for all such automobile needs.

Cheers!
GandalfTheGrey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2020, 20:46   #2710

Quote:
If you are considering WagonR or Spresso, I would suggest to wait for Tata HBX. Tata's upcoming micro SUV which is based on the same Alfa platform as the Altroz. So safety is guaranteed. I believe it will be placed below Altroz in terms of pricing.
mega_wattt is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2020, 21:31   #2711
BHPian

I booked a XZA+ single tone, Red colour, yesterday from Inderjit Motors Andheri.

4-5 weeks for delivery, let's see how punctual they will be.

TD ed Grand Nios, Maruti Ignis and Tiago, I liked the Tiago best.

I have a Hexa and am very happy with it, hope the Tiago is as sorted as my Hexa. Fingers crossed.
Relax&Cruise is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th December 2020, 00:15   #2712
BHPian

To sk8r

I have a tiago XZ+ it was picked up the first one when it was launched and came for delivery from Delhi. I was going ahead with my booking of i10 otherwise. Still regret why didn't we wait for JTP that'd a different story.

Extremely happy that we picked this one over i10 2 years 16.5k kms. Extremely good in features for the price it offers, got Tyres upgraded to Yoko S drives.

Took AMC as well. Service is good but can't be compared to Maruti levels though.

Their has been 1 instance when this car broke down with clutch going all in, and car stalled and had to be taken on flat bed. Dealership said its a rare issue and they took 20mins to correct it.

No complaints otherwise, I would say go or it. Its a value for money car and drives well over bad roads

Last edited by Puneet0051 : 9th December 2020 at 00:18. Reason: Quote was not mentioned correctly
Puneet0051 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 21:54   #2713
S15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post

Their has been 1 instance when this car broke down with clutch going all in, and car stalled and had to be taken on flat bed. Dealership said its a rare issue and they took 20mins to correct it.

Is this a hydraulic clutch? As in does this have a clutch master and slave cylinder?
Old 13th December 2020, 23:43   #2714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S15 View Post
Is this a hydraulic clutch? As in does this have a clutch master and slave cylinder?
I have no knowledge on what you asked and what are the pros and cons of having one?
Old 20th December 2020, 10:42   #2715
Senior - BHPian

Clutch was sticking to the floor a couple of times. Showed it at service center. The guy adjusted the cable but also said Clutch needs to be replaced. Car has run 44600 kms. Diesel. Solely driven by me. Isn't the life of clutch for Tiago quite less? In my diesel City cluctch was replaced at 93000 km. Any members had their Tiago clutch replaced so soon?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks