Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 05:15   #2761
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Tiago : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by icem@n View Post
It seems TATA has deleted reverse parking sensors from top varients of Tiago and one reverse light from mid February. They have added a "tyre repair kit". This information is from Tiago owners Facebook group and I couldn't independently verify the same.
I thought reverse parking sensors are now mandatory in all cars since last year?
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 22:18   #2762

The dealer from which I purchased is insisting VERY much that I do underbody coating for my 2021 Tiago XZ. I live in Nashik which is a non-coastal area, should I get it done?
Old 16th March 2021, 08:53   #2763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasng2 View Post
The dealer from which I purchased is insisting VERY much that I do underbody coating for my 2021 Tiago XZ. I live in Nashik which is a non-coastal area, should I get it done?
No, it's not necessary.
Old 21st March 2021, 21:59   #2764
BHPian

I recently completed 30,000 Kms on my Tiago XZ (petrol). So far I did not face any major issues while on the highway.

One hot afternoon, after returning from a 100 KM drive to a near by temple, the car stalled without any hints. The accelerator inputs did not work at all. I turned off the ignition and started again. The car started without any drama, slot the gear into first, declutched slowly and tried to move. The car stalled again. I checked the dashboard for warnings, there were none, I was puzzled. The temperature gauge was normal for an afternoon after a decent highway run.

I opened the bonnet, let the engine cool for a while and started the car. The car started normally without a fuss. I managed to drive for 500 meters and the car stalled again. Fortunately, my house was near by and I managed to bring it home and let it cool for a couple of hours with the bonnet open. I tried to check for any loose wires, relays or any burnt smell. I could not notice any such things. Couple of hours later, I managed to drive the car to TASS. The car drove normally. There were no issues, but I did not want to take any chances, I left the car to be diagnosed. The next day, SA calls me up and says the issue has been fixed through a software update . I was

I asked him to explain, how a software update can fix this. I really did not understand what he explained. I was glad the issue was fixed without a major hole in my wallet. Did anyone face any such issues recently ? Has TATA sold me a car or an operating system ?

Last edited by GTO : 23rd March 2021 at 06:59. Reason: Clubbing your sentences together into paragraphs. Please avoid excessive spacing. Thanks
girimajiananth is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st March 2021, 23:26   #2765
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
I recently completed 30,000 Kms on my Tiago XZ (petrol). So far I did not face any major issues while on the highway.

Did anyone face any such issues recently ? Has TATA sold me a car or an operating system ?
Have you considered the possibility of the fuel pump failing? Looking at your description, it seems to be a case of fuel pump overheating and cutting fuel supply off.

Once it cooled down enough, it started building pressure and the car got back to normal. This was a known issue on some of the early batches of the Tiago and Tigor petrol.

Last edited by navin : 22nd March 2021 at 11:26. Reason: reduced quoted post.
vishy76 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:21   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
Have you considered the possibility of the fuel pump failing? Looking at your description, it seems to be a case of fuel pump overheating and cutting fuel supply off.

Once it cooled down enough, it started building pressure and the car got back to normal. This was a known issue on some of the early batches of the Tiago and Tigor petrol.
That thought did not occur to me at all. How do check if the fuel pump is failing ? Is there any test that I can do ?
Please let me know. I have a long drive coming up later this week.
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:49   #2767
BHPian

How much fuel was there in the car when this occured?

It is always advised to keep tank ta least half full. If fuel level is low , chances of pump overheating are higher in high temperatures.

The fuel pump is cooled submerged in the tank by the fuel. Fuel level dropping (say close to reserve) always has chances to overheat the pump leading to staling issues in high ambient temperatures.
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:38   #2768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
How much fuel was there in the car when this occured?

It is always advised to keep tank ta least half full. If fuel level is low , chances of pump overheating are higher in high temperatures.

The fuel pump is cooled submerged in the tank by the fuel. Fuel level dropping (say close to reserve) always has chances to overheat the pump leading to staling issues in high ambient temperatures.
There was more than half a tank easily. I had filled close to 22L that morning and the fuel gauge showed almost full. I would have driven 150KMs on the highway at the most
Old 22nd March 2021, 22:45   #2769
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The next day, SA calls me up and says the issue has been fixed through a software update . I wasl ?
Definitely, issue is not fixed. You are saying you are planning long trip next week. Its a risk in my view, in this condition.

Suggest to do a thorough diagnosis and rectify the issue before going on long drive. Else you may need to tow the car back to home. It will spoil your mood and enjoyment
gkveda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 12:16   #2770
BHPian

Next time this happens ( if at all) bend down and tap the fuel tank near the left rear wheel. If some kachra is in the fuel pump,then it will be dislodged. Then it should point to the fact that the fuel system might need to be cleaned .
Nanolover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2021, 13:31   #2771
BHPian

Guys, the knob that lets rear seat fall flat has broken on the right side. Is there any way to replace it without extensive openings and dismantling of the rear seat?
Old 30th March 2021, 15:50   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkveda View Post
Definitely, issue is not fixed. You are saying you are planning long trip next week. Its a risk in my view, in this condition.

Suggest to do a thorough diagnosis and rectify the issue before going on long drive. Else you may need to tow the car back to home. It will spoil your mood and enjoyment
Thanks a lot to you sir. You are 100% right and the issue is not fixed. I however took the chance and went out on the planned long drive. I travelled from Bangalore for about 380Kms, as soon as the fuel level dropped to half a tank, the car lost power and came to a gradual halt. I managed to park the car on the highway shoulder, let it cool for half an hour.

I used this time to call TATA customer care, escalate the matter. The customer care representative conferenced the car with a local mechanic who did a preliminary check over the phone. After I answered all his questions correctly, he asked If I can tank up the car and drive to the nearest TASS.

I followed his advice, tanked up the car and drove slowly. The issue did not occur again. I called the mechanic and told him that the car is now running. I called up the nearest TASS, who suggested that I leave the car for a day with them for checking the issue. By this time, I knew what had to be done. I kept the tank always full. As soon as the tank was half empty, I drove to the nearest decent bunk and got a tank full.

I managed to complete my trip like this.

In the meantime, Tata motors had registered a complaint and had contacted Key Motors regarding this. The service manager from key motors promptly called me apologised and assured me that they would fix it once I am back.

Today morning, I drove the car to Key motors and explained the situation. They acknowledged that a fuel pump failure could be the issue and it would be replaced under (extended) warranty.

My extended warranty finally paid off.

Last edited by girimajiananth : 30th March 2021 at 15:52.
girimajiananth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 16:38   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot to you sir. You are 100% right and the issue is not fixed. I however took the chance and went out on the planned long drive. I travelled from Bangalore for about 380Kms, as soon as the fuel level dropped to half a tank, the car lost power and came to a gradual halt. I managed to park the car on the highway shoulder, let it cool for half an hour.
Today morning, I drove the car to Key motors and explained the situation. They acknowledged that a fuel pump failure could be the issue and it would be replaced under (extended) warranty.

My extended warranty finally paid off.
Sorry to hear about your ordeal during a highway trip.
Hopefully their diagnosis of faulty fuel pump is correct and you don't have any further problems.
Kudos to BHPians vishy76 and nanolover who predicted the culprit to be fuel pump

All this is deja vu for me. I had the same problem in my Zest (Petrol) in June-2018 and had to get the car towed from near Nagarhole National Park to Mysuru for replacement of fuel pump under warranty . I had posted about it here (A quick getaway to Kabini dam, Nagarhole and Nugu reservoir).

I'm surprised that Tata is still grappling with same fuel pump issues even in 2021.

Last edited by srvm : 30th March 2021 at 16:40.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2021, 14:34   #2774
BHPian

Hi Guys,
Can anyone suggest the max width of 14" alloys which i can go for without scrapping the rear fender in tiago XT variant under full load? 14"OE alloy width is 5j.I'm finding it tough to get after market alloys with width less than 6j in 14".

Thanks in advance.
Old 21st April 2021, 16:15   #2775

Hi, I had a question regarding "Auto Climate Control".
I've noticed that whenever I switch to "Auto Climate Control", car's compressor gets engaged ALL the time. Even when the temprature condidtions are met.

I thought it would be like refridgerator where it would cool down, turn off, wait for sometime, turn on again.

Is this expected behaviour?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks