Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th April 2019, 15:11   #3826
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
No. TOI and a few other publications that are known for masala published this news the way they usually do.

If you look at the statement published by Ford, it clearly says that while a JV is on the cards and will happen, Ford's 3S business will continue in India as usual and they will also add to their portfolio.

To me, this means that while the JV will happen on the EV and technology front, the business of selling and servicing cars will continue as it is.
Yes, That is what I could also make out from the little news that have come out. All this is mere speculation only, as mentioned in the article mentioned above, Ford has refused to comment on the issue until something more concrete happens between them and M&M.

I really hope things remain the same or get better with Ford because after driving the 1st gen Fortuner for the last 8 years, I was really looking forward to a change in scenery.
Vikram_agg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 16:44   #3827
Team-BHP Support

M&M is a publicly listed company, and in case they firm up anything or sign MOU, they will have to disclose complete details to the stock exchange unless Mr Mahindra picks up a stake in his personal capacity

Honestly, I will not withhold my decision to pick up Endeavour because of this rumour or JV happening. It's a global product and successful in India. Going forward, as the purchasing power improves, I can foresee an increase in this segment. My only worry will be going to Mahindra workshop for repairs, but at the same time, given their vast network, it will be a bonus. Overall, service levels or the quality of workmanship is getting better everywhere.

Last edited by Turbanator : 15th April 2019 at 16:56.
Turbanator is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 15th April 2019, 16:58   #3828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
M&M My only worry will be going to Mahindra workshop for repairs but at the same time, given their vast network, it will be a bonus. Overall, service levels or the quality of workmanship is getting better everywhere.

From my previous experience of owning a XUV5OO for 5 years, Mahindra is not that bad when it comes to service. It's just that a good relationship needs to be developed. The downside with many service centers including other car manufacturers is the lack of training and knowledge of the service station staff. That has to be improved.

For people like me who go for long driving tours across India, the vast network of Mahindra service stations can be a boon, although parts of Ford may become an issue.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th April 2019, 10:31   #3829
BHPian

Started getting a Spanner Sign with "See Manual" warning on the dashboard. Noticed it appears only when car is above 30-40 kmph. Took it to the Service Center. Diagnostic says "Power-train Sensor malfunction". They ordered the sensor from Chennai which should be here today. Covered under Warranty I am told. Seems takes just about 30 mins to install. I will update once done.
nareshtrao is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 14:32   #3830
BHPian

According to the newer reports in the papers, the Ford and Mahindra JV is developing a new benchmark product in the mid size SUV segment for India and later for exports. Seems this alliance is more of an exercise to gain more share of the pie than handing over the reigns to Mahindra.

I also had very tiny exchange with the anchor of the Autocar India show, Ms Renuka and in her clear cut words. Ford is not going anywhere.

I believe that settles some nerves regarding my impending purchase of the Endy.
Vikram_agg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 17:17   #3831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram_agg View Post
According to the newer reports in the papers, the Ford and Mahindra JV is developing a new benchmark product in the mid size SUV segment for India and later for exports. Seems this alliance is more of an exercise to gain more share of the pie than handing over the reigns to Mahindra.

I also had very tiny exchange with the anchor of the Autocar India show, Ms Renuka and in her clear cut words. Ford is not going anywhere.

I believe that settles some nerves regarding my impending purchase of the Endy.
While I wouldn't trust the word of a conventional automotive journalist (regardless of the fact that the one in question is a truly fine one - among the best in the world IMO), the latest news on their JV to develop the new SUV has quelled the relatively miniscule doubts I had.

Ford has clear intent and they've shown it in no small way.

I no longer have qualms recommending the Endeavour blindly again. I would've still bought it last week, but would've recommended with caution. Back to the original state now.

Last edited by Mu009 : 19th April 2019 at 17:19. Reason: Added some stuff.
Mu009 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2019, 17:32   #3832
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mu009 View Post
While I wouldn't trust the word of a conventional automotive journalist (regardless of the fact that the one in question is a truly fine one - among the best in the world IMO), the latest news on their JV to develop the new SUV has quelled the relatively miniscule doubts I had.

Ford has clear intent and they've shown it in no small way.

I no longer have qualms recommending the Endeavour blindly again. I would've still bought it last week, but would've recommended with caution. Back to the original state now.
I completely agree with you. Wouldn't have asked any other journalist that kind of a question let alone trust one. After all it's our money that is going to be put in.

Anyway, as I said, some nerves settled.
Old 19th April 2019, 22:09   #3833
Senior - BHPian

When Ford launched the new Endeavour in India there was a 2.2L 4x4 Manual as well. This was the one which I was initially after in 2016, but most showrooms had 3.2L 4x4AT as test drive cars. Have never seen the 2.2L 4x4 manual in Mumbai. Would love to drive one if I ever get a chance.

Have two questions about it:
1. How is the performance and drive feel?
2. How many of these have been sold in India before the model was stopped?

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 19th April 2019 at 22:11.
Old 19th April 2019, 22:19   #3834
BHPian

I have booked a Endy 3.2 last week. However, the press reports and news of potential exit of Ford from India have made me jittery. Reached out to Ford via their website and got a call back with a strange message that Ford is committed to India and will continue to bring products to India. The same message which FordIndia posts on Twitter was read out to me.

I enquired further on the after sales service and the lady on the phone had no clue. I guess the script she has doesn't have responses for service related questions. After a few minutes I got an SMS saying that my Service Request has been closed.

The salesman from the dealership also called me to say that this is an independent JV and will not impact the current ASS. The only document he was able to commit to was a photo of the news article in TOI that announces the new SUV from the JV that he shared with me on WhatsApp.

There are replies to similar queries on Twitter stating that Ford has no plans to exit India and that the reply should be taken as the official statement. I have no faith in an 'official' reply over Twitter to a concern that talks about a global automobile giant's commitment to a market and customers.

So basically, there is news in the press, from agencies and portals stating that Ford may exit India and Ford is neither confirming or denying the news. That is not good.

I was really looking forward to seeing the Endy in my garage. But now, I have no option but to cancel the booking and wait for the JV to play out. Or for a really official statement from Ford. I don't want to shell out 42 Lakhs for a car in a market that Ford doesn't care to put out a statement of support for.

Reuters reports that service will be handled by JV. That means it'll be Mahindra servicing Fords. Have been a Mahindra customer for 15 years now and them servicing Ford vehicles, if it comes to that, is going to be a world class disaster.

Will reconsider seriously if Ford India confirms its commitment to customers in India.
harikrishnanm is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 07:29   #3835
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Started getting a Spanner Sign with "See Manual" warning on the dashboard. Noticed it appears only when car is above 30-40 kmph. Took it to the Service Center. Diagnostic says "Power-train Sensor malfunction". They ordered the sensor from Chennai which should be here today. Covered under Warranty I am told. Seems takes just about 30 mins to install. I will update once done.
Update: A sensor called "Catalyst Monitor Sensor" had failed. This is mounted on the left side of Engine Block head and removable outside. Repalced under warranty. Chennai shipped it in Express and it reached the next day in the Service Center. Took about 20 mins to replace and another 20 to run diagnostic and confirm that error is gone.

Got 3rd year service done too. All good now.
nareshtrao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 20th April 2019, 12:18   #3836
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
Update: A sensor called "Catalyst Monitor Sensor" had failed.

This problem was reported earlier as well. Is this the same sensor that was changed earlier or some other one.
Old 20th April 2019, 18:55   #3837
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
This problem was reported earlier as well. Is this the same sensor that was changed earlier or some other one.
Not in my case. I do not recall anyone else reporting this here unless I missed.
Old 24th April 2019, 00:10   #3838
BHPian

Been using a Toyota Fortuner since 2009 and drove a Qualis before that since 2003. Completed over 200,000 kms in both with zero breakdowns or issues.

I recently had to sell my Fortuner known as Obelix on this forum.

After a lot of research I booked the 3.2 4x4 Endeavour in Diffused Silver on the 12th of April 2019.
I am hopeful that i shall have a good ownership experience with the Endeavour as well.

If there are any major issues i humbly request that Endeavour owners here may please point them out as i have only made a refundable booking so far.

Moving from Toyota to Ford has me a bit worried but the Fortuner is no match for the refinement level, ride and VFM offered by the Ford Endeavour.

Mod Note: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, ANHV) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th April 2019 at 11:35.
Manuuj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 00:38   #3839
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post

If there are any major issues i humbly request that Endy owners here may please point them out as i have only made a refundable booking so far.

Moving from Toyota to Ford has me a bit worried but the Fortuner is no match for the refinement level, ride and VFM offered by the Ford Endeavour.
The 2019 Endeavour is a very refined product compared to the initial batches of the Pre-FL. Minor issues such as the headlight alignment one and slightly bigger ones like the gearbox holding on to gears longer than necessary are all sorted out now. As I too was on the verge of purchasing Endeavour, I did my research and all the owners absolutely love their trucks. Don't worry so much, enjoy the new car experience, a hearty congratulations on booking the beast, wishing you a fabulous delivery experience and tons of fun filled miles with it
CarLoverJosh is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 24th April 2019, 10:33   #3840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post

If there are any major issues i humbly request that Endy owners here may please point them out as i have only made a refundable booking so far.

I would say Ford is probably as reliable or a little more reliable than anything Toyota has made. Just so you know Ford in one of the leaders in Passenger Trucks. So much so that they have decided that they will very soon discontinue all Cars except Mustang and focus only on the Trucks like Endy, Ranger etc. etc. And also Endy (or Everest as it is originally known) is one of their smaller offerings - nowhere near the size of massive passenger trucks US uses. And in US they run huge miles each month for sure. If you go to Texas or some of the other Mid West states in US, every family has a Ford Truck

Back to Endeavour, I have had it for 3 years with no breakdowns, no issues and has never let me down. Maintenance has been low - once a year visit to garage and that's it. Minor manufacturing issues earlier were sorted and not all is good. Cost of maintenance much lower than a Toyota.

Rest other folks can add.
nareshtrao is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks