Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2017, 14:19   #2146
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I don't think Endeavour has a feature to automatically switch between high and low beam.
Hi

Thanks for response.
One question still remains as why Ford has given camera/senser at the back of rear view mirror. As per the international model, this is for auto high beam.
Old 27th April 2017, 14:35   #2147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
why Ford has given camera/senser at the back of rear view mirror
Must be for Auto on/off at dusk/dawn

Last edited by Turbanator : 27th April 2017 at 14:36.
Old 27th April 2017, 14:42   #2148
BHPian

Quote:
As I know there is only Auto on/off and Auto leveling. I don't think Endeavour has a feature to automatically switch between high and low beam.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Must be for Auto on/off at dusk/dawn
There are actually 2 sensors there.

One is the light sensor that is used to dim and brighten the dashboard etc. depending on ambient light. The same is also used on dark highways to switch on the high beam (In Auto Mode - where equipped) if no oncoming vehicle is detected.

The second sensor works to detect the level of moisture on the windscreen to activate the "Auto Wiper" when in Auto mode.
nareshtrao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 14:47   #2149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
There are actually 2 sensors there.

One is the light sensor that is used to dim and brighten the dashboard etc. depending on ambient light. The same is also used on dark highways to switch on the high beam (In Auto Mode - where equipped) if no oncoming vehicle is detected.
Are you sure that Endeavour automatically switches to High Beam? I never noticed this happen. Auto headlamps yes, but haven't seen the Halogen high beam switching on all by itself.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 15:09   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Are you sure that Endeavour automatically switches to High Beam? I never noticed this happen. Auto headlamps yes, but haven't seen the Halogen high beam switching on all by itself.
That is what the manual says. I hardly used the vehicle at night since I purchased that too on dark stretches in Auto mode.

However, rest of the features of Auto Mode like "Follow me home" and "auto switch on at dusk" work for me. And the manual clearly describes the High Beam option and how it works.

Unless India version is not equipped with Auto High Beam feature, but I doubt only one aspect would have been disabled. Will check this weekend and report.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 27th April 2017 at 15:12.
nareshtrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 16:00   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
That is what the manual says. .
The manual says two things about automatic high beam.

1. Automatic High Beam Control (If Equipped)
2.Switch the system on using the information display (MID).

Unfortunately information display (MID)- settings>Vehicles do not have "Lighting" option as we have seen in international version (Refer Thread Ford Endeavour Preview)

Also as per the instruction, you do not need to go to dark highway to test Automatic High Beam. If the feature is available, one can manually put the high beam ON under auto lamp mode and wait for system to switch-off high beam in city driving. Manual override is temporary and system returns to auto mode after sometime.

Last edited by Wanderers : 27th April 2017 at 16:03.
Wanderers is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 16:07   #2152
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Automatic High Beam Control
if your query is Automatic switchover from High Beam to Low Beam in a case of an oncoming vehicle or when following something closely, then most likely this feature is not available. Even on cars which are equipped like on my X5 & 730 -D there's an additional button which needs to be pressed to activate this feature - hardly usable here as at most of the places vehicle density is too high.

If your query is whether High Beam switches on by default at dawn or the Low Beam in Auto Mode then the answer is Low Beam.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 16:29   #2153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
The manual says two things about automatic high beam.

1. Automatic High Beam Control (If Equipped)
2.Switch the system on using the information display (MID).

Unfortunately information display (MID)- settings>Vehicles do not have "Lighting" option as we have seen in international version (Refer Thread Ford Endeavour Preview)

Also as per the instruction, you do not need to go to dark highway to test Automatic High Beam. If the feature is available, one can manually put the high beam ON under auto lamp mode and wait for system to switch-off high beam in city driving. Manual override is temporary and system returns to auto mode after sometime.

Auto high beam control is available in other markets like Thailand but not in India. Indian model doesn't have camera, its just 2 sensors. One dusk sensor - Auto head lamps & Moisture sensor (optical sensor) - Rain sensing wiper

https://www.ford.co.th/en/suvs/everest/compare-models/

Ford is providing the same Owners Manual to all markets. That's the reason why manual reads " 1. Automatic High Beam Control (If Equipped)"

From Owners Manual

"Note : This manual describes product
features and options available throughout
the range of available models, sometimes
even before they are generally available. It
may describe options not fitted to the
vehicle you have purchased.
Note: Some of the illustrations in this
manual may show features as used in
different models, so they may appear
different to you on your vehicle."

Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour : Official Review-endy.jpg  

Last edited by LionX : 27th April 2017 at 16:36.
LionX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 21:57   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
I agree, this is one feature I tried early on, during my trips to Kerala back country roads with no success.
Old 28th April 2017, 08:13   #2155
BHPian

Further update on Auto High Beam.

The two sensers we are talking about are

1. Autolamp- On/Off
2. Auto Wiper- On/Off

I rechecked and tested today morning and found that Autolamp Senser is located on the top of dashboard (infront of centre speaker). This was easy to identify as last generation Fortuner auto light senser looks similar and also located on top of dashboard but towards right corner.

Wiper senser is on windscreen and visible from outside.
So we are still left with senser or camera at the back of rear view mirror.

This hardware is purely for auto high beam and may be act as second senser for auto dimming mirror function. Looks like auto dimming function is controlled by sensers on front of mirror as well as rear.

So we have the hardware for auto high beam but it is not enabled by software.

Last edited by Wanderers : 28th April 2017 at 08:37.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 20:27   #2156
BHPian

Dust in our area has gone high in the last few weeks and i could feel the car AC not as powerful as it used to be. Could also feel smell of dust when the car is switched on. And then it disappears after a few seconds. I am hyper sensitive to dust and smell so decided to get it checked.

The cabin air filter was full of dust as you see in the picture. The Technician suggested that he can clean the filter and fit it back. I asked what's the cost of a new one and it is Rs. 1620.00/ + Labor Rs. 150. Got a new one installed and the entire process took about 20 minutes. I realized its DIY so i will probably try cleaning/fixing on my own next time. Its under the glove-box and technician was doing the job pretty easy. Smooth experience at the service center. Effect of the filter change is pretty evident and AC is a chiller again.

Ford Endeavour : Official Review-filter.jpg

Replacing the filter is similar to one shown in the following video:

sunishsamuel is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:42   #2157
BHPian

Did anyone got extended warranty > 3 years on Ford Endeavour? I tried but as of now we can only opt for maximum 3 years warranty. Any news if 4-5 years warranty will be rolled out for Endy as well.

Was reading ownership report of Toyota Fortuner of one of the TBhp member and saw some shocking bills and repair cost. Fuel assembly failed in hardly 1 year of ownership and the bill was around 2L. Although it got covered in warranty but think of such scenario on Ford after 3 years. Any type of insurance will not help after 3 years as it is only applicable for accidental issues. If some system failure happens after warranty period one will be helpless.

I think one of the reason for Toyota Fortuner's high sale is the 7 year warranty.
roby_dk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 23:26   #2158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post
Did anyone got extended warranty > 3 years on Ford Endeavour? I tried but as of now we can only opt for maximum 3 years warranty. Any news if 4-5 years . If some system failure happens after warranty period one will be helpless.

I think one of the reason for Toyota Fortuner's high sale is the 7 year warranty.

Ford is working seriously on 5 year warranty based on feedback.
It should be announced in a couple of months .

But I really hope the initial batch of buyers also get the 5 year coverage,unlike the Ecosport buyers like me who got only the 4th year extention.(people who bought later got a 5 year coverage)
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 00:01   #2159
BHPian

My friend is suffering from this unusual engine related issue with his Endy 2.2. He has had 2 breakdowns in a matter of months and dealer is now blaming it on his usage, which seems like a textbook blame-game move. Here's what he asked me to post on TBHP :
Quote:
We often have tough choices to make and in the end most of us choose heart over mind.
One such decision I made was to go for the Ford Endeavour over the Toyota Fortuner and now I completely regret it.
My All new Endeavour just 2 days after delivery suffered a breakdown at 11pm on a highway which left me and 2 of my cousins stranded on a state highway which was fortunately only 4km away from home. Later when we repeatedly tried starting the vehicle we could reach home steadily at 20km/hr but the vehicle had severe vibrations at idle and wouldn't accelerate leaving heavy black smoke. This was due to the intercooler and ford fixed it under warranty.

Then 4months passed and here comes in the 2nd surprise. I suddenly experience abnormal fan noise from the engine and this is accompanied with loss of power. This happens 3-4 times in an hour. I have given the vehicle at the dealership and they try to blame me that I've used adultered diesel which is the cause for this issue. I always make sure to tank up in the city before going for any long drive to avoid filling in rural areas where there is a possibility of fuel adulteration and that is what I did even this time before going for a roadtrip from Theni to Munnar to Coimbatore. I did a tank full at a Reliance bunk at Theni and then filled at a HP bunk at Coimbatore. Both of which are well reputed bunks and I've been filling from these 2 bunks regularly that there are no chances of fuel adulteration.
I have lost confidence on the ford brand and the poor after sales service from Akshaya Ford, Madurai makes me regret my purchase.
When one is looking to buy a tough SUV, reliability and peace of mind takes precedence over anything else and at that Ford fails especially due to the dealers like Akshaya Ford.
I would suggest others to choose Toyota Fortuner or Hyundai Santa Fe over the Ford Endeavour for the ease of maintenance and better service quality provided by Toyota and Hyundai.
I feel this 2nd issue might be related to the first, and the 1st was caused due to negligence by the dealer during PDI. It could be that they don't want to own up and report to Ford and are trying to fleece the customer. Being barely months old, Ford should definitely honour warranty in this case.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this.
The video link for the issue :
Rohan24 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 00:25   #2160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roby_dk View Post

Was reading ownership report of Toyota Fortuner of one of the TBhp member and saw some shocking bills and repair cost. Fuel assembly failed in hardly 1 year of ownership and the bill was around 2L.
So that guy who owns the T Fort is someone I know. His running is unusually high but definitely genuine. The Toyota guys have offered to change the assembly as a preventive measure. Do we see that happening in an Endeavour and Ford guys offering to change the assembly? Likely or unlikely?
More importantly as there is no such issue reported its a good sign in favor of Ford!
@Chaand is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks