Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2017, 21:28   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi View Post
This is a question that I have too. Were you able to do it eventually?
The plush ride and this mileage are good to know.
Arm rest: No. In fact, I never tried or did any research after this post.

Mileage update: has increased, 16.40 kmpl as of this evening. Approx. 10% of my daily drive is now through a very bad stretch of road where culvert construction and re-laying are going on endlessly. I am sure the mileage would have touched 17kmpl otherwise.
Old 6th October 2017, 21:37   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmdas View Post
Mileage update: has increased, 16.40 kmpl as of this evening. Approx. 10% of my daily drive is now through a very bad stretch of road where culvert construction and re-laying are going on endlessly. I am sure the mileage would have touched 17kmpl otherwise.
That's reassuring since we have a daily round trip of about 50kms.

Also: I'll check with the sales persons if they have a passenger side accessory contact for the handrest and let you know.
abhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2017, 16:40   #408
BHPian

Got the TD this morning. I like it.

Quote:
Also: I'll check with the sales persons if they have a passenger side accessory contact for the handrest and let you know.
I checked with them, they do not have it. The original does not look too complex to recreate accurately is what I am thinking. Will put effort to it, if I go with it.

Quote:
Apart from this, one of my concerns is if I can fold over the rear seat and fit two cycles into it. Probably something I will try tomorrow once the demo vehicle gets here.
Sorted. The amount of space was an eye-opener. I could fit the bigger of my cycles without removing anything or making any changes to the setup.
Attached Thumbnails
2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-img_20171007_12043701.jpeg  

Last edited by abhi : 7th October 2017 at 16:43.
Old 15th October 2017, 00:37   #409
BHPian

Thank you, Sandeep, Shiva, Repsol and others who have contributed directly and indirectly to this thread. Booked a 110 AMT last evening.
Old 17th October 2017, 15:38   #410
BHPian

Hi ,

Has anyone used a Duster CVT ? would like to know everything about it. I did not find any review of it.
Old 19th October 2017, 20:35   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you, Sandeep, Shiva, Repsol and others who have contributed directly and indirectly to this thread. Booked a 110 AMT last evening.
Hi, I am looking at booking the Duster Auto as well. Can you share with me what is the total pricing you got and also any discounts ?

I am looking to pick up one from Trident Renault in Mahadevpura.

Thanks.
Old 20th October 2017, 00:37   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amolathalye View Post
Hi ,

Has anyone used a Duster CVT ? would like to know everything about it. I did not find any review of it.

Duster doesn't come in a CVT Gearbox. It comes with a AMT hence you couldn't find any reviews either.
Old 20th October 2017, 02:51   #413
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajamuneeb View Post
Duster doesn't come in a CVT Gearbox. It comes with a AMT hence you couldn't find any reviews either.
Duster petrol engine comes mated with a CVT box. AMT is reserved for the Diesel.
Old 20th October 2017, 16:30   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,

Look on YouTube, you'll find some of them. Best is to try it out for yourself. I test drove it, but given our slightly big mileage went with the diesel. But the gearbox is seamless compared to the AMT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post
Hi, I am looking at booking the Duster Auto as well. Can you share with me what is the total pricing you got and also any discounts ?

Thanks.
PM me the quote that you got, I can check and tell you how it looks.
Old 21st October 2017, 21:40   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ,

I drive a RXS CVT Duster, less than a month old, ~600kms on the ODO. Breeze to drive in the city. Not too happy with the mileage figure as yet (between 9-10) but hopefully increases with run in.

I am not really good with writing reviews esp on the technical bits. I was in the market for a 5 seater petrol autobox in an SUV avatar with a budget of 12 lacs. Duster ticked all the boxes on paper but I kept away initially from pursuing it based on the negative feedback here on the driver airbag size issue. Was mentally prepared to wait for the new Ecosport after an initial TD on it but a back to back TD on a lazy Sunday afternoon first on the current gen Ecosport AT followed up with the one on the Duster CVT sealed the purchase decision for me.

Was really happy with the ride quality on the Duster, esp on non-existent roads. Lot of space in the cabin and the boot compared to the EcoSport as well so inspite of all the other shortcomings (dated interiors being the primary one and of course the unanswered questions around the size of the driver airbag issue), heart won over the mind and booked it over the Ecosport, took delivery on the 29th of September from Renault Whitefield and enjoying the car so far. I have to mention that I am a very sedate driver and do not drive over 100 kmph even on the highways.

Will try to keep the group updated on the FE numbers. Please ask if you have a specific question, I can try to answer. Hope this helps!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabzhere View Post

Thanks.
No discounts on the CVT, no freebies either. 12.26 OTR in BLR but you can probably save around 20k if you choose to get Insurance on your own.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 25th October 2017 at 18:16. Reason: back to back posts merged.
raamki is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 16:38   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Was really happy with the ride quality on the Duster, esp on non-existent roads. Lot of space in the cabin and the boot compared to the EcoSport as well so inspite of all the other shortcomings (dated interiors being the primary one and of course the unanswered questions around the size of the driver airbag issue), heart won over the mind and booked it over the Ecosport, took delivery on the 29th of September from Renault Whitefield and enjoying the car so far. I have to mention that I am a very sedate driver and do not drive over 100 kmph even on the highways.
Hi Rammki , many have certified the ride quality as nothing less that superb. But i think i have also seen one post which talks about the unpleasant cabin movement , is it so ? how do you find it while driving through curvy roads or while cornering.
amolathalye is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2017, 07:00   #417
BHPian

Quote:
But i think i have also seen one post which talks about the unpleasant cabin movement , is it so ? how do you find it while driving through curvy roads or while cornering.
I honestly have not spent too much time with the car to answer that question. My 650kms of driving since I got it has been strictly limited to the city limits only. From what I have experienced, I do not feel any movement. Apart from feeble noises from the door panels and centre console panel which am sure you would have read about, there is no complaint as yet from my side.

From what I have read on the duster owners WA group, a duster cvt owner recently took his vehicle to chickmagalur and a hilly area close-by and was immensely pleased with how the car responded, both in terms of handling and power delivery.
raamki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 16:31   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repsol View Post
Thanks @swiftdiesel. Will try that today.
Were you able to change the unit of fuel efficiency from L/100 to KMPL?
Old 11th November 2017, 13:27   #419
BHPian

Update: 53XX kms
Mileage in the last tankful was 13.1 km/l with 100% Bengaluru city traffic. Seems to be decent enough considering the condition of traffic here.

And my rear tyre got screwed today ;-)

2016 Renault Duster Facelift & AMT (Automatic) : Official Review-2ef4fda931234c26957e1f11d48c5e84.jpeg
Old 11th November 2017, 17:33   #420
BHPian

Not bad at all. Just finished the first 1000km, mine has crept up to double digits. It is at 11.4 mostly city commutes.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks