Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2017, 21:12   #781
BHPian

Hi friends, I am planning to buy BRV CVT in first week of June. Could you share your experience - niggles particularly ? What are the bare minimum accessories needed for V CVT ?
Old 2nd July 2017, 23:33   #782
Team-BHP Support

Re: Honda BR-V : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Garg View Post
Hi friends, I am planning to buy BRV CVT in first week of June. Could you share your experience - niggles particularly ? What are the bare minimum accessories needed for V CVT ?
Only one niggle to report after 1 year - the grip on the slider for fresh air/recirculation keeps falling off.

BARE MINIMUM ACCESSORIES:

1) Reversing camera (standalone unit)
2) Parking sensor (with audible beeps)
3) Arm rest with storage

RECOMMENDED ACCESSORIES: (especially if you have small kids)

1) 3M or any other noodle mats
2) Seat covers

TOTALLY USELESS ACCESSORIES (that I have)

1) Touchscreen HU (but integrated reversing camera is useful)
2) GPS Navigation (Google Maps is infinitely better)

Steering wheel grip might also be useful if you have dry hands.

Quote:
2015 Honda Mobilio RS; 2011 Verito D6; 2005 Santro Xing XP
Oh, you selling Mobilio RS and buying BRV?

Last edited by SmartCat : 2nd July 2017 at 23:46.
SmartCat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 06:07   #783
BHPian

Thanks smart. Yes mobilio RS was company lease. In this GST issue with car lease, I had no choice but to surrender it back to leasing company.
Abhishek_Garg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 09:49   #784
BHPian

Biggest ever discount offer on Honda BR-V!

Honda BR-V : Official Review-brv.jpg

Post GST prices yet to be updated on official website though.
vikash49 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2017, 12:30   #785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Biggest ever discount offer on Honda BR-V!

Attachment 1653608

Post GST prices yet to be updated on official website though.
What is the reason for such a (high) discount?

1. Expected new model?

2. Promotion to clear high inventory, slow moving car?

3. what else

Whatever, this price tag (correction) after discount more suitable as it was always said to be overpriced by Rs1 to 2 lakhs!

Last edited by kbishwa : 3rd July 2017 at 12:35. Reason: additional comment
Old 3rd July 2017, 16:49   #786
BHPian

That promotion was till July only. It's mentioned in small letters in top portion of that page at website. I think website has not been updated.
Old 4th July 2017, 08:25   #787
BHPian

Quote:
One accessory that I strongly recommend is F/R bumper protectors. Knowing the way 2- wheelers/cyclists tend to find gaps between cars in our traffic conditions, I had them fitted and they have taken few scratches and saved the bumpers. For the exterior, the only other accessory I fitted was the door edge garnish (for the urbane looks).
Old 4th July 2017, 18:16   #788
BHPian

Thanks Wangdu. I saw some of the latest BRV CVTs in stockyard of a dealer today. One new thing Honda has added is reverse parking sensors.
One problem area - the middle seat has a hard plastic piece near seat belt clips and joint of 60:40 middle seat. This is very uncomfortable to the person sitting in mid of middle row. Did you all have this issue? How did you fix / overcome this problem?
Old 5th July 2017, 11:53   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Wangdu. I saw some of the latest BRV CVTs in stockyard of a dealer today. One new thing Honda has added is reverse parking sensors.
Rightly said, and the same is there in the online product brochure also.

Can anyone explain why one may go for the BRV highest model (VX) compared to V model, I only find the additional feature available is leather seats(cover) and similar leather-wrapped accessories!

Thanks
kbishwa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 13:56   #790
BHPian

Hi friends,

Just wanted to share in short about recent long drives in BRV.

Went on two long drives totaling 2600 kms over two weekends, covering few cities in RJ and exploring hidden hills of HP. Trip to RJ was typical drive on tarmac for a family visit while H.P/U.K was for a bit of off-road, few days in hills & spirituality.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170623_134602.jpg

Route - Weekend 1 - Faridabad-Gurgaon-NH8-Kota (RJ) and return (~1300 kms)
Route - Weekend 2 - Faridabad-Kurukshetra-Paonta Sahib-Nahan-Renuka-Haridwar and return (~1250 kms)

Few pictures:

Clean & Shiny at the beginning-
Honda BR-V : Official Review-aqua-craze_20170615_071426.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170623_133525.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170623_134738.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170623_114540.jpg

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170623_102400.jpg

Here's my take on BRV V CVT after this experience,

Highs (not in that order)

1. Great space & comfort.
We were 4 passengers (2 kids), and the last row seat wasn't folded. The middle & last row seats were comfortable sleeping beds for the kids (one of the main reasons to buy BRV). I could drive 500+kms without needing a break (because of fatigue) and the passengers were equally comfortable.

2. Pedal shifters (even in D mode) is really effective for those quick over takes when every fraction of a second counts. I, being from MT background really do appreciate the CVT with pedal shifters now as there's no loss of rpms or time when downshifting, iVtec then takes over to deliver significant power making overtakes easy and initiated confidently. And while on the inclines I never felt the need to slot in the S mode, just used pedal shifters in D mode when needed.

3. Stability - two thumbs up. Whether doing ghats or speeding straight line the car always felt grounded, easily manoeuvrable without any body roll.

4. Ground clearance: Drove over innumerable humps and ~70kms uphill on single lane broken road (sharing space with buses/etc) where there's drop of 700m on one side. Many a times BRV had to go through slush, over large sized stones and that is when the high 210mm GC came to rescue, not once did I hear/feel scraping from under. Very happy with this experience. Here's the wheel of BRV at the end of 70kms, such was the grind.

Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170623_150817.jpg

Sighs:
1. Descent control in D mode, i.e. the car continues to pick up speed while coming downhill. Had to use the S mode for using engine braking. I think this is more of as-design discovery than an issue.

2. The annoying rubber band effect showing up just when the spirited mood kicked in.

3. FE, best being 13.1kmpl, that is when I drove most of the trip sedately.

Wish list:
1. Cruise control, would have been really helpful. The left foot was terribly annoyed for being idle all the time but wasn’t really complaining. How I wish I could have done something for the right one!

2. OE fitted Arm rest, the one available as accessory is too short and the one that can be sourced from Jazz accessory is costly, fragile & irreparable (I'm told). Moreover, it would then take up the slot for the bottle holder that is in-between the driver & front passenger seat.

That's all from the trip and here’s BRV back in the city after a well-deserved 3M cleaning at the end of it all.
Honda BR-V : Official Review-20170625_193435.jpg
wangdu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 14:21   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
TOTALLY USELESS ACCESSORIES (that I have)

1) Touchscreen HU (but integrated reversing camera is useful)
Would you have spent 20-30k on the HU 'just' for the reversing camera if the parking sensors were present as OE?
vikash49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 16:36   #792
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Can anyone explain why one may go for the BRV highest model (VX) compared to V model, I only find the additional feature available is leather seats(cover) and similar leather-wrapped accessories!
V variant is definitely more value for money than VX.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
Would you have spent 20-30k on the HU 'just' for the reversing camera if the parking sensors were present as OE?
Even if parking sensors were present, I would have still opted for reversing camera. But I think instead of touchscreen HU, an external standalone display (for camera) would have made more financial sense.
SmartCat is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 5th July 2017, 19:35   #793
BHPian

Thanks guys. Can you suggest something for comfort of mid passenger on middle seat. That plastic was pretty uncomfortable ..
Also I am getting concerned about fuel efficiency, 13kmpl on highway runs is low. In city I think it will be 10ish.
Requesting info from owners asap.
Old 6th July 2017, 08:28   #794
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks guys. Can you suggest something for comfort of mid passenger on middle seat. That plastic was pretty uncomfortable ..
Also I am getting concerned about fuel efficiency, 13kmpl on highway runs is low. In city I think it will be 10ish.
Requesting info from owners asap.
Are you referring to the buckle that's there for the passenger in middle? It shouldn't be bothersome as the passenger will use it with the belt. In my car occupants of 2nd row throw back the belt towards 3rd row if there's no 3rd passenger in middle row or if the person in the middle doesn't want to buckle up for a short while. Not an issue really with us. BTW, on rare occasions when I have to sit back, I rush for the window seats as all else can be ignored for panoramic view on offer.

Best FE for V CVT (p) in my case (with 4-5 passengers) has been 13.1 kmpl on trips with 90% highway & 10% city and has been ~11 kmpl doing 100% city driving. Now this is when I am paranoid about seeing ECO light most of the time, some spirited driving and the figures will dip. Please note that Bhpian Harish (post #746) reported FE of 14-15 kmpl. If FE is a major concern, iDTEC (but would be MT) eh..?
Old 6th July 2017, 08:44   #795
BHPian

Hi Wangdu, the plastic is near the seat belt buckle clips of the smaller seat, you can see two clips close to each other and a plastic at the joint of 60:40 seats.
I already had mobilio iDtec till June but I am looking now for automatic only, thus iVtec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks