Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2019, 18:47   #1756
BHPian

Re: Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review

Hello everyone,

We have recently aquired Innova crysta 2.8 AT. I would like to add foot step to the car. I would like to know which is a better brand / model for the same. Also I am little concerned regarding the ground clearance once the foot rest are installed.
Old 13th January 2019, 19:55   #1757
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
Hello everyone,

We have recently aquired Innova crysta 2.8 AT. I would like to add foot step to the car. I would like to know which is a better brand / model for the same. Also I am little concerned regarding the ground clearance once the foot rest are installed.
This reply is not about the footrest; I urge you to rethink this or, at least, research it a little bit more.

The main reason to buy a Zx is the safety. Please check with a competent Toyota mechanic (not the sale or accessories guy) if installing a footrest interferes with the sensors for airbag deployment.

I would assume (I might be totally wrong) that there are sensors on the side too to deploy the side curtain airbags. If so, a foot step would interfere with its operation.
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th January 2019, 20:32   #1758
BANNED

Quote:
Also I am little concerned regarding the ground clearance once the foot rest are installed.
C Track and Highlander are good options to look at, don't worry about the GC, with proper fitment, there's hardly any impact.

Congratulations on the purchase and look forward to the review...!!
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 09:19   #1759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
This reply is not about the footrest; I urge you to rethink this or, at least, research it a little bit more.

The main reason to buy a Zx is the safety. Please check with a competent Toyota mechanic (not the sale or accessories guy) if installing a footrest interferes with the sensors for airbag deployment.

I would assume (I might be totally wrong) that there are sensors on the side too to deploy the side curtain airbags. If so, a foot step would interfere with its operation.
I totally forgot about this aspect, thanks for that. I shall check with the mechanic and do some research before proceeding further. But I think even Toyota offers TGA side-steps, so I think the sensor aspect should be taken care of. Either I need to be doubly sure.

PS - Though unrelated, my endeavour came with factory fitted foot rest from the factory

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
C Track and Highlander are good options to look at, don't worry about the GC, with proper fitment, there's hardly any impact.

Congratulations on the purchase and look forward to the review...!!
Thanks for the headsup
Old 14th January 2019, 09:38   #1760
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS - Though unrelated, my endeavour came with factory fitted foot rest from the factory
You can buy Fortuner type footrests for the Crysta from showroom, these look OE and does not jut out too much from the body.

I had these on mine but later decided to remove the footrests for the clean look.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-scan_20170519-6.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-scan_20170519-7.jpg
Sankar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th January 2019, 17:50   #1761
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
You can buy Fortuner type footrests for the Crysta from showroom, these look OE and does not jut out too much from the body.

I had these on mine but later decided to remove the footrests for the clean look.
Hi Sankar,
my dealer gave a foot rest (perhaps made for Innova Crysta) with a quote for Rs. 16600. That may, in all probability be the same foot rest you mention above.

However the part # GFS312 foot rest sells at much lower rate for example, Rs 7500 per pair, on indiamart. Link

BTW, do you happen to remember the price of the foot rest you had fitted, by any chance?

thanks in advance

Last edited by cs_rajesh : 14th January 2019 at 17:55.
Old 14th January 2019, 19:11   #1762
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cs_rajesh View Post
Hi Sankar,
my dealer gave a foot rest (perhaps made for Innova Crysta) with a quote for Rs. 16600. That may, in all probability be the same foot rest you mention above.

However the part # GFS312 foot rest sells at much lower rate for example, Rs 7500 per pair, on indiamart. Link

BTW, do you happen to remember the price of the foot rest you had fitted, by any chance?

thanks in advance
Iirc it was 14XXX thousand and it was in 2017. The footrests might be cheaper outside and if the items are indeed the same then no reason to pay more at Toyota, confirm this and make the right decision. The fit of this particular model was good and looks OE and subtle.
Old 15th January 2019, 12:53   #1763
Senior - BHPian

K&N cabin filter

One must be mad to pay Rs1500/- for the Toyota's cabin or AC filter, every once or if its driven in dusty conditions sometimes twice per year. The K&N replacement costs the same as two such filters and is washable and reusable.

The K&N one is slightly larger than stock in its external dimensions and so sits tight in the slot with better end to end sealing. In hindsight I should have got this in the first year of ownership itself.

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20190114_204953.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20190114_205247.jpg

Toyota Innova Crysta : Official Review-20190114_210834.jpg
Sankar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th January 2019, 14:43   #1764
Senior - BHPian

Re: K&N cabin filter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
One must be mad to pay Rs1500/- for the Toyota's cabin or AC filter, every once or if its driven in dusty conditions sometimes twice per year. The K&N replacement costs the same as two such filters and is washable and reusable.
That is a great idea, Sankar

I never knew that K& N makes A/C filters. Can you please give some links? I am due to change the a/c filter any time now.
Old 15th January 2019, 18:41   #1765
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Hello everyone,

We have recently aquired Innova crysta 2.8 AT.

Excuse me for this off-topic post, but does the Ford stay?
Old 15th January 2019, 19:52   #1766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Excuse me for this off-topic post, but does the Ford stay?
Endeavour stays, unless it gives me major problem in next 1 lakh kilometres
harsha.muvva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th January 2019, 19:59   #1767
BHPian

Quick question to the Crysta owners here -

I am a 2018 plush XUV500 AT owner and I am already pissed off with a lot of issues (planning an ownership thread soon). Meanwhile I am now looking at Crysta 2.8 AT now, however have a few concerns :-

1) A lot of you have mentioned Crysta is a great upgrade from Old Innova. It is really in terms of comfort? I did a few test drives lately, and I felt Crysta is very bouncy (same nausea inducing feeling which I am trying to get rid of in my XUV500).

2) Did someone say new Crysta is having plush suspension soaking up all potholes? Again surprised, bcoz most of the thuds during test drives came directly in (XUV in comparison felt slightly better, slightly)

Now that I am looking to move from XUV to Crysta due to precisely the above 2 issues (I am ok with a bit of body roll and stuffs), I am a bit confused. I am a die hard Toyota fan (having used Corolla Altis prior to XUV), but somehow ended up with XUV. But this time I know Crysta sells in huge numbers but still I don't want to create another blunder, please advice.

And the point which adds to my doubt is "I see ONE new crysta up for sale DAILY in OLX in Bangalore". And most of those vehicles have hardly done 30 to 50k. I dont think this was the case with older Innova's, where people used to keep it. I strongly wonder if it because the Crysta lacks comfort.

Last edited by sam_sant2005 : 18th January 2019 at 20:01.
Old 18th January 2019, 20:54   #1768
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
A lot of you have mentioned Crysta is a great upgrade from Old Innova. It is really in terms of comfort? I did a few test drives lately, and I felt Crysta is very bouncy
Practically not much, Aesthetically Yes.

Quote:
2) Did someone say new Crysta is having plush suspension soaking up all potholes?
I don't think there is major difference but better then older one surely.

Quote:
I see ONE new crysta up for sale DAILY in OLX in Bangalore". And most of those vehicles have hardly done 30 to 50k. I dont think this was the case with older Innova's, where people used to keep it.
More then anything else, I think its due to changing priorities and rise in Income. People are upgrading for varying reasons, I sold my 2017 New Endeavour and Fortuner - Brand New with less then 5 K on both

If budget is not an issue, perhaps look at the new Altura, else, I don't find anything wrong with Innova, it will be surely better than XUV (Assumption - have never owned any Mahindra, though I craved for Armada many Years ago!)

Last edited by Turbanator : 18th January 2019 at 20:56.
Turbanator is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 16:51   #1769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam_sant2005 View Post
Quick question to the Crysta owners here -

I am a 2018 plush XUV500 AT owner and I am already pissed off with a lot of issues (planning an ownership thread soon). Meanwhile I am now looking at Crysta 2.8 AT now, however have a few concerns :-

1) A lot of you have mentioned Crysta is a great upgrade from Old Innova. It is really in terms of comfort? I did a few test drives lately, and I felt Crysta is very bouncy (same nausea inducing feeling which I am trying to get rid of in my XUV500).

2) Did someone say new Crysta is having plush suspension soaking up all potholes? Again surprised, bcoz most of the thuds during test drives came directly in (XUV in comparison felt slightly better, slightly)
Now that I am looking to move from XUV to Crysta due to precisely the above 2 issues (I am ok with a bit of body roll and stuffs), I am a bit confused. I am a die hard Toyota fan (having used Corolla Altis prior to XUV), but somehow ended up with XUV. But this time I know Crysta sells in huge numbers but still I don't want to create another blunder, please advice.

And the point which adds to my doubt is "I see ONE new crysta up for sale DAILY in OLX in Bangalore". And most of those vehicles have hardly done 30 to 50k. I dont think this was the case with older Innova's, where people used to keep it. I strongly wonder if it because the Crysta lacks comfort.
You would definetly find a huge difference in ride, handling and comfort levels shifting to Crysta from XUV.
The suspension on XUV is still not sorted as the comfort levels are miles away from Crysta.
Being a XUV and Crysta owner, I can say that we have stopped taking XUV on highway runs ever since the lattar has joined the fleet of our family.
RickyC is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2019, 19:29   #1770
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
More then anything else, I think its due to changing priorities and rise in Income. People are upgrading for varying reasons, I sold my 2017 New Endeavour and Fortuner - Brand New with less then 5 K on both
The filter I have in OLX is not for Crysta, it is rather for any vehicle above 15 lacs and I don't see as many XUV's (even Hexa's), it is maximum Crystas! Yes but your interpretation could be true since others sell way less. Even I have a habit of changing cars, it is not necessarily due to rise in income though, it is due to changing needs and passion for cars. In fact 6 cars and 7 bikes changed in last 10 yrs, of course I am a team-bhpian, typical enthusiast!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
If budget is not an issue, perhaps look at the new Altura, else, I don't find anything wrong with Innova, it will be surely better than XUV (Assumption - have never owned any Mahindra, though I craved for Armada many Years ago!)
One more Mahindra NEVA EVA !!! I am done with non-japanese.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks