Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:38   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsh View Post
Thanks for bringing up the nice question.

Let me try address this.

a) Crysta hasn't got it in its genes technically and literally as experienced. It needs ground below all its driven wheels. Can check out some videos below too I am going to list in this post. The RWD Crysta/Innova just wont be able to take on it.
My point was more from the perspective of stability on the inclines. Crysta, with RWD and less GC would be obviously be less off-roadable.
But the AWD XUV should be able to do everything the Hexa does in the hands of those experts drivers.
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:49   #962
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
I have decided to take another TD with a balanced mind sometime end of this month, when these folks have a manual 4x4 available for TD.
Disclaimer - these are my personal views as experienced. It is highly possible that your experiences will be just the opposite.
Hi, I don't want to take this personal. But, you need to take a TD without a prejudice on TATA vehicles. Most of your statements show you had a preconceived notion/opinion about the vehicle and you seem to be happy with the proof you saw with your TD and showroom experience

Like others suggested, leave Aadya and look for a better showroom. I always go for Concorde. Its not any great, but I haven't felt bad either. It would definitely not be like Honda or VW showroom though.

Prem.
kaviprem is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:06   #963
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Chennai Price List

Hi All,

I have received Hexa price list for Chennai from Tafe Access where I booked Platinum Silver XT 4*4.

Tata Hexa : Official Review-wp_ss_20170123_0001.png

Anyone could please try to share Platinum Silver color Hexa photos. I haven't seen it before even in photos.
aks_karthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 11:14   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
My point was more from the perspective of stability on the inclines. Crysta, with RWD and less GC would be obviously be less off-roadable.
Inclines is fine. In fact RWD is a boon on inclines than FWD and better grounded.

What we see there is 40 degrees banking, I guess, that is what you are referring to.

Anything with higher GC but without proper balance, tread, would topple over.

Quote:
But the AWD XUV should be able to do everything the Hexa does in the hands of those experts drivers.
I doubt whether XUV500 can do all Hexa did if we talk about all hurdles in there. Crysta is far off.

Articulation and the extent of it needs to be mechanically supported, alongwith the balancing of car as the CG movement of the car with its tilts etc. So, XUV500 and Crysta won't make what Hexa did there as much as technically, unless we actually see them doing those on ground.

I am sure XUV500, Crysta and even Innova if driven well too, can take that incline of the Bridge.

Last edited by parsh : 23rd January 2017 at 11:17.
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:44   #965
BHPian

Yesterday, I noticed a safety flaw in the door locking mechanism of the TATA hexa, whilst waiting for a test drive through the tata experience centre that was set up as part of the attraction at the 2017 autocar performance show.

Since the token system in place to avail the drive through the course was taking a long while, I decided to check the static hexa 4X4 parked on display with optional camping gear add-on’s fitted to it. Whilst the front doors were open, the rear left door was inadvertently locked by someone who had earlier sat inside to check the hexa out. I tried to open the door by attempting to pull the faux chrome coated knob from inside, but it was just not possible to do so. I kept trying but some how was just not able to do so and each time my fingers slipped due to the smooth texture of the faux chrome coating on the door knob. Ultimately my friend opened the driver door, locked it from inside & then unlocked it, which made the rear left door lock finally open. Whilst seated inside, I locked the same door from inside & tried to open it but I faced exactly the same experience as before.
This had me thinking that God forbid, there is an emergency or accident or the door gets wet during the rains, the occupant of the hexa will not be able to unlock the door which says a lot about the lack of safety being unearthed! I find it very disturbing that Tata has not paid attention to such minor but very important aspects of their new vehicle in context to safety. I sincerely hope that Tata takes this finding of mine very seriously and reacts in the form of finding an appropriate solution to this probable safety issue.

Here is the video my friend captured who was accompanying me

Attaching a few pictures to highlight what I have written about above.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170123wa0013.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170123wa0014.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img20170123wa0015.jpg  

Last edited by rikhav : 23rd January 2017 at 17:46.
rikhav is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:48   #966
BHPian

Did you see if the child lock was engaged? If the child lock is engaged, you will not be able to open it from inside
centaur is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 17:52   #967
BHPian

That's the child lock engaged (most probably). I doubt if the company would make a design flaw like that- in the showroom car that I had seen, this was not present.
Nissan1180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:20   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Did you see if the child lock was engaged? If the child lock is engaged, you will not be able to open it from inside
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nissan1180 View Post
That's the child lock engaged (most probably). I doubt if the company would make a design flaw like that- in the showroom car that I had seen, this was not present.
Hi, i checked for child lock. That was not activated. A guy with smaller fingers could manage to grip the lock and move it up. But it was also very difficult for him
Also it did get unlocked when unlocked from drivers side , so its obvious child lock is not activated
But say for example for some reason, someone wants to unlock a specific door or if this same issue happens on the driver side lock, it will be a big hassle and big safety issue
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:29   #969
Senior - BHPian

I noticed similar thing in my Spark. When I switch off the ignition, same time if one of the passenger tries to open his door. Door gets locked, and need to lock-unlock central lock to make it work again. This happens only when there is a split second overlap between two actions.

Last edited by Latheesh : 23rd January 2017 at 18:31.
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:38   #970
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
I noticed similar thing in my Spark. When I switch off the ignition, same time if one of the passenger tries to open his door. Door gets locked, and need to lock-unlock central lock to make it work again. This happens only when there is a split second overlap between two actions.
Happens in my Punto also. If I am trying to unlock while some one is trying to open any door, the door remains locked. I have to lock and unlock again.

--Anoop
Old 23rd January 2017, 18:44   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
Happens in my Punto also. If I am trying to unlock while some one is trying to open any door, the door remains locked. I have to lock and unlock again.

--Anoop
This is not an electrical issue
It seems when door is locked the lock is going more down then it ideally should
Also the design is such that one cant grip the lock well, specially someone with thick fingers. One cant manage to grip it strong enough to unlock it manually
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:01   #972
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sometimes these could be deliberate safety feature.
Old 23rd January 2017, 19:32   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhav View Post
This is not an electrical issue
It seems when door is locked the lock is going more down then it ideally should
Also the design is such that one cant grip the lock well, specially someone with thick fingers. One cant manage to grip it strong enough to unlock it manually
It is a known problem in most (or maybe all) cars. If one tries to open the door (using external or internal pull handle) while unlocking the door, the unlock action fails and the door is stuck in locked position. For the "affected" door, you can't use the unlock button however you might try, the button is pulled back into lock position. The way out is to lock it with central locking and unlocking it.

I have observed it in several Maruti cars. So it is safe to say that it was not a defect in Hexa.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 20:00   #974
rkg
Senior - BHPian

It is not a design flaw or safety issue. I own an ARIA. it is exactly same. It was same in my Indica Vista also.

Central locking gets activated once the car starts or when it locked. It gets unlocked once engine is off and key is removed from key fob. Door will not open if someone tries to use this knob when it is being unlocked with central locking. If the car is unlocked with remote and customer forgets to open the car door, after a gap of a minute or so, it locks all doors itself.
Further , remote do not lock the car, unless all doors are properly shut. It gives warning sound

Another thing is in case accidents, there is an inertia switch in the car which unlocks all doors including boot door and switches on hazard lights. the car can not be locked with remote. The inertia switch has to be inactivated. It is the front passenger side. Customer manual has clear instructions on how to access it.
rkg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 21:56   #975
BHPian

Folks

Anyone got photos of XMA or XM variant interiors?
I have a booking on XTA, but want to see the XM variant interiors before deciding on the variant.

KHT folks say that they will be able to get a XM variant only by Week 2 of Feb, and if I confirm booking at that point, it will be another 3 weeks to delivery.
So, the sooner I confirm, the sooner I get my new wheels.

cheers
lazy

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks