Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th April 2018, 21:48   #3976
BHPian

Beautiful it looks. Congratulations and best wishes..
Pls find time to share your buying decision making process and commercial aspects (including discounts, freebies etc)
kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2018, 22:55   #3977
BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbishwa View Post
Beautiful it looks. Congratulations and best wishes..
Pls find time to share your buying decision making process and commercial aspects (including discounts, freebies etc)
Thank you for the wishes. Yes sky grey indeed looks really beautiful. I will share my buying process in a day or two with more pictures.
Old 12th April 2018, 12:19   #3978
BHPian

Here's a short summary of the entire buying process.

I had shortlisted XUV 500 W6 AT and Hexa XMA. These were the only two SUVs that fit my budget of 17L. I test drove both the vehicles before finalizing on Hexa.
The reasons why I bought Hexa over the XUV are as follows -:

1) Like everyone has mentioned the interior quality leaves a lot to be desired. Hexa scored more marks in this department.
2) Ride quality again was inferior compared to that of Hexa.
3) Third row was much more usable and that too had storage space for luggage with all three rows of seats up. This was a major reason for buying Hexa.
4) Liked the looks of Hexa more than XUV.

These are purely my opinion. This was the reason that I went for Hexa. But this doesn't mean that Hexa is not without its flaws. Here are the things that I was getting in XUV W6 variant that is not present in Hexa XMA.

1) Static bending headlamps
2) Automatic headlights
3) Rain sensing wipers
4) 7" touchscreen with Android Auto
5) Auto folding ORVMs

I would have loved of Tata motors had provided these features in XMA variant. Maybe if they provided these features then they wouldn't have been able to justify the price difference between XM and XT variant. But anyways inspite of all this I am loving my car. It's a wonderful product with excellent build quality inside out. Will post detailed ownership review soon. Till then let pictures do the talking.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_5759.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_5788.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_5789.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_5791.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_5884.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_5887.jpg  

HappyRoadie is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 12th April 2018, 14:46   #3979
BHPian

Some good discount I found in today's newspaper:
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180412_144118.jpg  

kbishwa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2018, 09:47   #3980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tifosikrishna View Post
I got free replacement of tyre under warranty after it was rejected by MRF. Reasons, as in tyre wear in most of the instances can be argued both ways, so it was nice of TML to replace it within 48 hours lodging my complaint.
To my knowledge, all tyre companies provide replacement for any manufacturing defect. If the tyre has worn out to some level, they will ask the customer to pay that marginal cost or sometimes they do provide it as Free Replacement. When you give the tyre for warranty claim/any claim for manufacturing defect, the respective company does an inspection of the tyre and after inspection, the service engineer will definitely provide the clarity why it is rejected if that is the case. This is what I had known and experienced once.
Old 17th April 2018, 16:26   #3981
BHPian

The beast comes home and me a happy owner! Thanks a lot to all you wonderful people for helping me out!

Initial impressions- It feels like driving a normal sedan. The size is not at all evident while you take it out. High seating is great. Still to get accustomed to all the controls. Could not figure out how to open the fuel lid till some one came to my help! Ac is great, seats are great, my parents love it. Dealership experience was fantastic. Tata motors customer care was awesome. Everything is great! Will start an ownership review after a few thousand kms! Thanks again guys!
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180416_185745.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180416_190059.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180416_190822.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180416_185835.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-20180416_185846.jpg  

krishnakarthik1 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 17:47   #3982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakarthik1 View Post
The beast comes home and me a happy owner! Thanks a lot to all you wonderful people for helping me out!

Initial impressions- It feels like driving a normal sedan. The size is not at all evident while you take it out. High seating is great. Still to get accustomed to all the controls. Could not figure out how to open the fuel lid till some one came to my help! Ac is great, seats are great, my parents love it. Dealership experience was fantastic. Tata motors customer care was awesome. Everything is great! Will start an ownership review after a few thousand kms! Thanks again guys!
Let me be the first one to congratulate you on your new purchase. It is truly a wonderful product from Tata Motors. Infact I have also taken delivery of my sky grey Hexa few days back and absolutely love its ride quality and its looks. Automatic transmission is the obviously the better choice. Its looking smashing in blue color. Wish lakhs of happy and safe miles.

Cheers
HappyRoadie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 18:19   #3983
BHPian

Congratulation Krishna on your new purchase. I am completing 1 year in few days with my XTA and experience so far has been wonderful. You will love the ride for sure.
Anuruddhs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 18:30   #3984
BHPian

Many congratulations, @Krishnakarthik sir! Exactly a year ago (1-year and 5-days to be precise!), I took the delivery of my Sindbad (Arizona Blue XTA 6-seater) from the same dealership from the same showroom floor. Seeing these pics makes me feel nostalgic about the whole experience a year ago.

BTW, do you know the sales manager, Mr.Sudeep there? Gem of a person to deal with. Still helps dad whenever required and he personally managed our delivery and he himself handed us over a bouquet and the big key on the D-Day. If needed, I can PM you the contact numbers of GM and Workshop manager at Malik Cars Workshop in Tolichowki.

Varun
Varun_HexaGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2018, 20:14   #3985
Distinguished - BHPian

I am posting this on behalf of my friend who took the delivery of his Hexa XM 4x2 delivery last week.

Quote:

Bought a Hexa XM 4x2 on 12th April and right after delivery, observed the below issues,
  • After starting the vehicle in idle condition with the gear on neutral, if you press the Clutch Pedal slightly(2-3 inches), there is a slight tapping observed on the pedal. This is there till you reach 20-25% of the total pressing length. Later it is not felt. Same happens when you start releasing the clutch as well.
  • Tapping is more prominent when on 1st and 2nd Gear/bumper to bumper traffic as the use of half clutch position is more.
  • Irrespective of which gear you are in, if you press the clutch pedal slightly the tapping is easily observed.
  • Tapping increases with the acceleration, more the acceleration the more quicker or faster it gets.
  • Same tapping is observed on the gear handle as well, but more prominent in 3 & 4th gear.
The dealer didn't acknowledge this as an issue, so he has escalated this to Tata and they have agreed to inspect his car.

Is this a known/reported issue?
Old 17th April 2018, 20:38   #3986
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
I am posting this on behalf of my friend who took the delivery of his Hexa XM 4x2 delivery last week.

The dealer didn't acknowledge this as an issue, so he has escalated this to Tata and they have agreed to inspect his car.

Is this a known/reported issue?
Need more clarity. Not sure what he means by tapping. If he feels it increasing with the RPM, then that's just the engine vibes felt on the pedal.
If its something else altogether, maybe someone else could help explain!
Old 17th April 2018, 21:15   #3987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRoadie View Post
Guys I would like to ask fellow Hexa owners especially the automatic transmission owners what FE they get in city as well as on highways? Is it comparable to Safari? How is it compared to XUV 500? Sorry if this question has been answered before.
I have XMA and getting between 11.5 to 12 kmpl in city. My car has just done 2500 kms so far.
FirstRay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2018, 05:40   #3988
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstRay View Post
I have XMA and getting between 11.5 to 12 kmpl in city. My car has just done 2500 kms so far.
That is good enough FE for a car this size and weight. Thank you for answering my query. Recently I too became a proud owner of Hexa XMA. Loving this beast.
Old 18th April 2018, 09:02   #3989
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi7013 View Post
Need more clarity. Not sure what he means by tapping. If he feels it increasing with the RPM, then that's just the engine vibes felt on the pedal.
If its something else altogether, maybe someone else could help explain!
It's kind of a vibratory feedback. Initially it is mild but later(as the speed increases) it's like something is hitting the clutch pedal from inside, and this is felt only during the initial movement of the clutch pedal.
Old 18th April 2018, 10:14   #3990
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It's kind of a vibratory feedback. Initially it is mild but later(as the speed increases) it's like something is hitting the clutch pedal from inside, and this is felt only during the initial movement of the clutch pedal.
Ok, so i think it's definitely the engine vibes that you feel if it is especially at the initial movement of clutch. It increases as the RPMs build up. Am guessing this is the first diesel that your friend owns? Had felt similar feedback in the ecosport as well. Strangely, i have not noticed this in petrol cars.
abhi7013 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks