Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2019, 18:00   #5311
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Hexa : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TROOPER View Post
Any idea what Gold Club Membership is?
From my AMC experience, Gold & Silver are the two packages. Silver is typically basic service and consumables. Gold includes some replacements. I had got a clutch replacement also during the AMC period. At that time, clutch and brakes were also included, IIRC. Do check the current inclusions and exclusions.

Note, just in case confused:
AMC is applicable only with Extended warranty. So anything that fails is normally covered under that. The AMC is for servicing, consumables, and some wear & tear items
condor is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 18:11   #5312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cogWheel View Post
Long term Hexa Manual variant owners, what's your feedback on the clutch and gearshift experience? Can live with it? Any regrets about not having gone for the automatic?
It has been an year and a half and 23000 Kms since I have owned the Hexa XM manual. The experience is nothing less than exceptional. I have been on long trips and very long trips to mountains and plains alike, however Hexa never failed to impress me. In the city, you might initially struggle a bit with notchy gearshift and shifting from first to second gear might require some exercise, but after couples of services and months of ownership, you will learn the art. Nothing that you cannot live without. All in all, manual is not as it is portrayed as. Its a great car and if you wish, you must go for it. Cheers!
shivathedude is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 19:47   #5313
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the additional ammo

Any idea what Gold Club Membership is?
I was offered this too recently at TASS. It costs Rs 250 for 2 years and is basically a booklet with a few leaves / coupons. It offers 5% discount on labour charges and for some repair parts.
You have to carry the booklet and they will tear off one coupon and tag the discount against that.
digitalnirvana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 20:05   #5314
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalnirvana View Post
It costs Rs 250 for 2 years and is basically a booklet with a few leaves / coupons.
Thanks there - but Damn - they still have this ? This was there long time back, and I had been given this club membership for my Sumo.

When I had responded to @Trooper, I mixed it up for Gold AMC. This Gold Club membership doesnt make sense for a new car.
Old 8th December 2019, 20:17   #5315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Thanks there - but Damn - they still have this ? This was there long time back, and I had been given this club membership for my Sumo.

When I had responded to @Trooper, I mixed it up for Gold AMC. This Gold Club membership doesnt make sense for a new car.
Yes they do! Attached are some details.

And you are right, this is only useful for older cars out of warranty. Also interesting to see that the Aria's parts are probably more expensive than the Hexa's given the 1.3k difference in "benefits" calculation.

On that note, I saw some inconsistencies / missing discounts in the draft repairs / services invoice for my preowned Aria that was given to me by Lexus TASS here in Kolkata, will have to get them corrected before payment.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191208_200628.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191208_200850.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191208_200906.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191208_200858.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191208_200913.jpg  

Tata Hexa : Official Review-img_20191208_200937.jpg  

Last edited by digitalnirvana : 8th December 2019 at 20:23.
digitalnirvana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 20:42   #5316
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Long term Hexa Manual variant owners, what's your feedback on the clutch and gearshift experience? Can live with it? Any regrets about not having gone for the automatic?
Well my Hexa has done close to 33k kms in 2.5 years roughly and out of those I would say more than 25k kms have been done in Pune city which includes both bumper to bumper and free flowing traffic. I am not at all an automatic guy and always prefer manuals for the sheer control they provide on the engine. My other daily driver is the Jetta diesel which is also a manual and has one of the best stick shifts around.

Regarding the clutch and the gearbox on the Hexa, I would say that the clutch is much better than the Jetta's in terms of both the lightness and using it to avoid stalling the engine. Also the clutch is self adjusting and so the operating pressure required will remain the same for more than 1 lakh kms. The gearbox is no doubt heavier and a bit vague but I can definitely live with that. This is purely because I love using manual gearboxes. I know that Hexa automatic has the best automatic tranny in its segment but for me its manual all the way.
ram87pune is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 21:02   #5317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
I know that Hexa automatic has the best automatic tranny in its segment but for me its manual all the way.
I must admit I also miss the manual gearbox when driving at a fair clip on highways. The way you can downshift before entering a corner and power your way out with the rear wheels pushing you. There is not a hint of understeer and it just feels like a small car rather than a 2.2 tonner.
In the automatic we can attempt something like this only in sports mode but the engine is highly strung with rpm always above 2000.
damodar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 21:04   #5318
BHPian

Quote:
Zero complaints. 2 yrs & 37k later.
McLaren Roxx is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 21:30   #5319
BHPian

Quote:
On my test drive vehicle with 18.5 k on the odo, the clutch was damn smooth, way above expectations considering how much it is abused. But the travel is long. By long I mean, when I sat back in my petrol dzire, for a second I thought whether the clutch pedal has jammed. But it is smooth, nothing you can't live with. Gearshift in the first 2 gears are notchy and a bit irritating. But then when you shift to 3rd gear and hit the pedal, you'll be found grinning

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
From my AMC experience, Gold & Silver are the two packages. Silver is typically basic service and consumables. Gold includes some replacements. I had got a clutch replacement also during the AMC period. At that time, clutch and brakes were also included, IIRC. Do check the current inclusions and exclusions.
Note, just in case confused:
AMC is applicable only with Extended warranty. So anything that fails is normally covered under that. The AMC is for servicing, consumables, and some wear & tear items
The brochure says that the initial 3 services are free wrt labor. Question is how much valuable the AMC would be with light mileage.

To prospective buyers, I personally had a chat with Tata Motors and they said that Hexa currently has only 1 lac cash discount and nothing else. Any other discount depends on dealer. This change came in yesterday.

Any idea about the under body anti rust coat? Does the car come with one or do I need to get that done?
TROOPER is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th December 2019, 22:07   #5320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The brochure says that the initial 3 services are free wrt labor. Question is how much valuable the AMC would be with light mileage.
Even if usage is light, you still have to get it serviced at the prescribed intervals. First 3 are free for labor, but you still have to pay for oil & consumables. The AMC (and not the Club membership) would cover for those.
condor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 10:06   #5321
Distinguished - BHPian

TATA HEXA BS6 will not be ready by April 2020. Will come in the later part of 2020.

Link
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 11:15   #5322
BANNED

https://www.evoindia.com/features/in...es-tata-motors
Quote:
No model line will be phased out
MP –
“Whatever we had to phase out we already phased out. Today every product we have has been launched after 2016. Hexa will not be [available] on 1st April. But little later. We took a call little later [but] it will come. If we could have done [BS6 engineering] for other cars we could have done for this also. Very late we decided a different marketing strategy for it. We think there’s a big slot available for it. If we could do [BS6] for 8 cars we can do for 9 cars.
So those who are contemplating about Hexa purchase should buy it before it becomes unavailable. And also BS6 Hexa is up for positional rejig, no one knows where it might end up in the company's product lineup, so better buy it now then in the future where you might not find the trim you want!

Last edited by wheelguy : 10th December 2019 at 11:19.
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 13:02   #5323
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
TATA HEXA BS6 will not be ready by April 2020. Will come in the later part of 2020.

Kudos to BHPians @RavenAvi and @ram87pune for getting this information more than a month earlier!

Link - This same thread earlier (Tata Hexa : Official Review)
Reinhard is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 20:09   #5324
BHPian

So now we have a color dilemma.

We personally would have preferred Urban Bronze. But thanks to Tata giving only dual tone with XT, we are now confused.

Anyone ever seen an urban bronze with the grey top? I cannot figure anything via photos.

Otherwise we'll have to settle with Tungsten Silver dual tone.
TROOPER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2019, 20:18   #5325
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So now we have a color dilemma.

We personally would have preferred Urban Bronze. But thanks to Tata giving only dual tone with XT, we are now confused.

Anyone ever seen an urban bronze with the grey top? I cannot figure anything via photos.

Otherwise we'll have to settle with Tungsten Silver dual tone.
Yes I have seen one in Pune and the roof colour doesn't stand out much from the rest of the body colour. Frankly I do not like any of the dual tone options. But since now they have made it the only choice, I would say the white with black roof looks the best to my eyes.

I don't understand when every other manufacturer is charging extra money for a dual tone option why Tata is forcing the customers to go for that option in Hexa's top end variants? Charge those customers extra who want to get one and leave the rest of us with your standard colors.
ram87pune is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks