Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 15:08   #3796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyscuti View Post
Thanks for the info – noted. Here's the ZIPed audio: Attachment 2119997
Are you sure this is from the ESC unit ? Such sounds sometimes come from the HVAC unit. Suggest you get this checked as it does not appear to be normal.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 16:51   #3797
BHPian

Quote:
  1. The infotainment starts playing FM radio if it doesn't detect a USB or a Bluetooth device connected. Is there a way to stop it from doing so, or how do you guys mitigate it?
+1 for this question, any help
Old 9th February 2021, 17:34   #3798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
Congratulations on the car! I can answer this question. There are many accessories on Amazon that provide you with the battery voltage information. I bought the below one for around 750/-. Has a charger and turbo one too. Shows the battery voltage as soon as the ignition is on.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you! Although the one linked seems to be out of stock, I'll keep looking for similar ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Are you sure this is from the ESC unit ? Such sounds sometimes come from the HVAC unit. Suggest you get this checked as it does not appear to be normal.
Thanks for the input. I'm pretty sure it's from the ESC unit, 'cause I had to get in pretty close to record that audio.
uyscuti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 22:58   #3799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasri View Post
Did you observe flat spots? I observed flat spots in steep inclines. Kind of unnerving when that happens, especially when people are crowding behind you
Hey alphasri, i am yet to receive the car. This was based on my multiple test drive experiences with the Nexon/other cars. I shall keep a watch out for this observation you had though.
naveenp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 17:36   #3800
BHPian

Any idea what the dealerships are charging these days for 3rd year extended warranty on Nexon diesel XZA model. I was quoted a figure of 13k change after discount for 1 year of coverage.
Old 10th February 2021, 23:25   #3801
SPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPM View Post

4. Efficiency shown is around 14 kmpl which has left me a little worried. Is this common for all Nexons during initial days. My SA says it'll improve with time. Is this okay or I am doing something wrong?
5. My friend took a ride today afternoon and he drove it for a while in Manual mode and he revved at 3000-4000 rpm (50 KMPH in 2/3 gear) for sometime (<1km) before i could ask him to bring it under 2000 rpm by upshifting and after we stopped, there was a strong burning smell coming out of the bonet but could not find anything wrong visibly inside. This has left me a little worried.
6. I was exploring Cruise Control in the evening today and applied it at 50 KMPH speed and after applying break, tried to restore the cruise control (after attaining speed of 35 KMPH) but then the vehicle suddenly revved to 6000 rpm with strong noise (revving, of course) and cruise was not restored. This 2nd incident in a day has left me worried. It should be some software glitch but yeah, it is worrisome.
Update on above points from last 4-5 days of drive. Odo stands at 270 km.
1. Instant FE varies b/w 14-20 kmpl. Planning to go for around 250 km round trip this weekend. Will see, what it shows then.
2. No foul smell after that incident. Got similar feedback from other owners as well. Feeling relieved.
3. No observation with cruise control after that one off incident.
Old 12th February 2021, 23:39   #3802
BHPian

Hello BHPians! I would be very grateful if somebody could help me out with a few queries regarding my 2020 Foliage Green Nexon XZ+(O), of which I took delivery this week.

1. The iRA app on my phone is showing the car's location in Pune, even though it is in Kolkata. Does anyone know how this issue can be fixed?
2. Does the What3Words onboard navigation require the phone to be plugged in via the USB? As far as I knew it would work even without the phone being plugged in. I could be wrong of course.
3. How does the Inhibit button work on the driver's doorside panel? Even after I switch it on, passenger and rear window switches are being able to roll the windows up and down.

Ideally, these things should have been checked before delivery, but I had to come to Pune urgently for some work just before the delivery, so my father took the delivery, and because of a shortage of time, unfortunately, did not do as comprehensive a PDI as I would have liked done. :(
Old 13th February 2021, 01:32   #3803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragBasu View Post
3. How does the Inhibit button work on the driver's doorside panel? Even after I switch it on, passenger and rear window switches are being able to roll the windows up and down.
Congratulations on the acquisition and wish you unlimited safe and fun filled miles ahead.

How are you using this button? Its in "disable passengers" mode when the red little LED is OFF. When the light inside the button glows, all passengers have control on their own window control switches.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 10:51   #3804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on the acquisition and wish you unlimited safe and fun filled miles ahead.

How are you using this button? Its in "disable passengers" mode when the red little LED is OFF. When the light inside the button glows, all passengers have control on their own window control switches.
Hey Reinhard! This is the situation whether the red light is OFF or ON. That is why it is bothering me.
Old 13th February 2021, 13:48   #3805

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Recently i have been going with Go digit, they are new player but their services are good, moreover their sales representatives are very professional and never anything. Check go digit's website, they have explained all the add ons in very simple terms.
Hi yesyeswe, just wanted to make sure you (and any potential buyers of Digit insurance) saw this - https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/...ry/431133.html
Old 13th February 2021, 14:19   #3806
BHPian

Quote:
Hi yesyeswe, just wanted to make sure you (and any potential buyers of Digit insurance) saw this - https://www.businesstoday.in/latest/...ry/431133.html
This is complete text of IRDAI wherein they have warned against fraud.

CHEATING BY M/s DIGITAL NATIONAL MOTOR INSURANCE BY SELLING INSURANCE POLICIES

It has been brought to the notice of IRDAI that an entity by the name of “DIGITAL NATIONAL MOTOR INSURANCE” operating from #DNMI co. ltd. Portal Office, Krishna Raja Puram, Insurance Info Building, Devasandra, Bangalore – 560036 having website https://dnmins.wixsite.com/dnmins and email id digitalpolicyservices@gmail.com has been selling insurance policies, although it has not been licensed or granted registration by the Authority to sell insurance policy of any kind. The Authority cautions the Public not to make any transaction related to insurance business with M/s DIGITAL NATIONAL MOTOR INSURANCE.

Digit insurance company URL is https://www.godigit.com/ and name of company is Go Digit General Insurance Limited . Both are different hence no worries.
sparkguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 21:38   #3807
Senior - BHPian

Happy Valentine's Day wishes from Tata Nexon

Happy Valentine's Day wishes from Tata Nexon

Cheers!
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 02:49   #3808
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragBasu View Post
Hey Reinhard! This is the situation whether the red light is OFF or ON. That is why it is bothering me.
After locking the windows are you operating the rear windows from the drivers console or from the rear doors ? In some cars, after locking the windows, they can still be rolled down from the drivers console but not by using the actual switches on the rear doors.
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2021, 15:01   #3809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortis View Post
After locking the windows are you operating the rear windows from the drivers console or from the rear doors ? In some cars, after locking the windows, they can still be rolled down from the drivers console but not by using the actual switches on the rear doors.
No, from the rear and passenger doors. :/
Old 15th February 2021, 20:02   #3810
BHPian

Has anyone tried upgrading the fog lamps on Nexon?. I know Reinhard has a thread on HID Foglamp upgrade, but looking for a simple swap option retaining the stock cornering lamp function.

Found an identical size from Hella. However, wattage is way higher (19W stock vs 60W). Can these be swapped?

https://www.amazon.in/Hella-60mm-Mod...54W0W6NTVSTHK1

Last edited by knaveen : 15th February 2021 at 20:10.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks