Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2018, 20:04   #316
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpunwani View Post
My first 1000 km with the EcoSport T+AT [...]

Excellent, crisp ownership report, and a very encouraging one too at that. Anyone who is on the fence regarding the purchase of this particular variant should surely be made to read your review. 14+ on expressways is decent for a car of this heft!
Old 30th March 2018, 21:08   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suku_patel_22 View Post
I have been to Khopoli, and the car was fun to drive. I did not have any issues with stability. Its rock solid on the highway.
Quote:
3. The ride is very planted. The elevated view from the drivers seat is super.
Thanks for your feedback on high speed ride quality and stability.

I missed out on asking earlier, how is the steering feel at highway speeds? My Jazz feels twitchy at high speeds, specially on bad stretches of highway. It starts feeling very light at 110+ and I loose confidence at that speeds to control car. Positive thing being, I remain in legal limits.

Last edited by varunswnt : 30th March 2018 at 21:11.
Old 30th March 2018, 21:36   #318
BHPian

It has been some time since I have posted any updates. Life is keeping me busy. Thought I would share some updates, and thoughts on the vehicle now that I have owned it for exactly 1 month and 1 week.

I got my first service done on 17th March, the ODO read 2410 KM at the time. I completed the first 3000 KM within the first month of buying the vehicle, such has been the urge to just get out and get driving. The service costed me a hefty Rs. 59.

So far so good. I drove the vehicle sedately before the first service, and have been enjoying the not-so-sedate driving after the service. The tires are holding up well, and I didn't notice any issues till now with the exception one one incident when some miscreants deflated 2 of the rear tires completely (1 psi on the MID) and the front right tire by almost half (18 psi). I was angry, frustrated, but couldn't really do much. Got a portable tire inflator from a nearby shop and filled the tires back up. Then took the car to the same shop and got Nitrogen filled up. I have been maintaining a tire pressure of 35 psi and the ride seems to improve with the very slight higher pressure. I used to stick with 33 psi in my i20.

The car is a hoot to drive on the highways. Don't get me wrong, it is definitely not a fast accelerating car which will give you that kick every time you floor the throttle. The acceleration is in fact very linear. If sheer acceleration is what you are looking for, look elsewhere. But if you appreciate stability, comfort, handling, high seating position then this is the car to consider seriously. The one thing I absolutely love about the car is the great handling. Never once have I felt the car moving to a lane I don't want to move to (and just out of curiosity, I have tried this at pretty high speeds). The feedback from the steering is very good. Another great thing is the high seating position. I have started appreciating it and now I'm so used to it that recently when I sat in my friend's Ameo, and felt a little uncomfortable.

I have been maintaining an excel with all the fuel expense details, will share once I have sufficient data. For now, I am getting ~15 KMPL in the city and ~18 KMPL on highways. I drove from Bangalore to Hyderabad recently covering the distance in 6 hour 20 minutes (a little spirited driving ) and got around 16.8 KMPL.

At last, I would say I am simply loving the drive. The long term durability of the Bridgestone remain to be seen, and is a constant worry. Apart from that, I don't have much to complain about the car.
DasJager is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 12:01   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by findviru View Post
I got this new price list in Pune. Now VFM titanium variant is costly by approx 20k.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
The latest price list of Elite Ford, Mahadevpura.

Attachment 1739807

Hello bhpians, is the insurance different for different states? Please see the above two quoted posts. The Ford Prefered insurance in Bangalore is almost 10k more expensive than Pune.
Old 31st March 2018, 20:23   #320
Senior - BHPian

Here's a nice frontal shot showing the original EcoSport and the new facelift side-by-side. I'm still on the fence as to which of these looks better. The original EcoSport is funky while the facelift appears a bit frumpy. That said, the facelift looks mature and in-line with Ford's global SUVs like the Escape and Edge.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-201803_ford-ecosport-facelift-20.jpg

Source: Anything-On-Wheels
arvi86 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 20:42   #321
BHPian

Apparently, this accident took place yesterday - a pre-facelift Ecosport turned turtle while negotiating a curve at 80 kmph near Tumkur. Driver suffered a collar-bone fracture. From what I heard, this was a single-vehicle accident. Got this information from a friend of the driver involved.

I recollect that when the Ecosport was launched, there were some incidents of the car toppling over (including one during a media drive). At that this each of these incidents were put down to rash driving and not due to any inherent instability in the car's behaviour.

However, this latest incident did shake me up a bit - given that this was at a relatively low speed on a fairly gentle curve. How stable is the Ecosport really? Long term, is this car more prone to toppling than others? Is it too top-heavy (or alternatively is the footprint too small for the height?)

I did hear about a couple of incidents of the Nexon toppling - so this doesn't seem to be limited to the Ecosport.

I have just purchased a T+ Ecosport - one of the main reasons being safety. But now, I'm seriously doubting whether my decision was the right one - hearing about 17" tyre-bursts and now the "toppling" issue.
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180331wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by qaqa : 31st March 2018 at 20:43. Reason: Typo
Old 31st March 2018, 22:33   #322
BHPian

After much deliberation, I cancelled my Titanium+ AT booking and booked the Trend+ AT.

The reasons for T+ AT cancellation were multi-layered. The launch price had already pushed my budget and the two price hikes made matters worse. Wife was hesitant to go over-budget but I wanted the 6 airbags and that premium feel.

The tyre and battery issues bugged me. I knew I could never be at peace with the T+ AT. I would've checked the tyres daily, dreaded a tyre issue during long highway trips and worried about battery drainage if the car was left untouched for few days/weeks. Wife was worried about my blood pressure, but I was cautiously optimistic and decided to trust Ford and take the risk.

And then Ford silently removed some features from the T+. Storage tray and seat fore aft adjustment lever are the ones discovered missing yet, some other inconspicuous features might have been axed as well. This move which is a well known bad habit of Ford, felt cheap, disappointing and infuriating! Essentially I would be paying more but getting less. This time wife put her foot down and I wholeheartedly agreed. This straw broke the camel's back!

I got into research mode again for the Trend+ AT and prioritized the features based on my needs. Thought practically on the features not available on Trend+ AT and felt many of the features I wouldn't have used anyways during daily usage. Some features were good to have but I could live without them. The additional airbags would surely be missed, but Trend+ AT is still a very safe car compared to competition. The 16" tyres would give a softer ride and peace of mind. Lesser electronics and sensors should be easier to maintain. And the best part is that it fits my budget!
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 31st March 2018, 22:40   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
How stable is the Ecosport really? Long term, is this car more prone to toppling than others? Is it too top-heavy (or alternatively is the footprint too small for the height?)
I don't know what happened here, but it's definitely not unstable to topple over so easily, talking from experience. It's definitely top heavy but nowhere near Safari's and Scorpio's .
This looks like an evasive maneuver, a sharp right and then sharp left or maybe the car just slipped over while the driver was trying to overtake another car. I have it and you shouldn't be worried as long as you know her limits, she is high off the ground after all.

Last edited by blurust : 31st March 2018 at 22:41.
Old 1st April 2018, 18:13   #324
BHPian

Can current (2018) owners confirm the presence of TPMS. Seems Fords greedy is going great heights. First the underseat drawer, now TPMS. Both these are missing in the new brochure. At this rate Ford seems to be following the path of General Motors

Last edited by Sarvodaya : 1st April 2018 at 18:15.
Old 1st April 2018, 18:39   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Can current (2018) owners confirm the presence of TPMS. Seems Fords greedy is going great heights. First the underseat drawer, now TPMS. Both these are missing in the new brochure. At this rate Ford seems to be following the path of General Motors
TPMS is still present from what I've seen from recent buyers in Facebook. As of now, underseat storage tray has been removed and seat fore aft adjustment lever replaced with bar. All these features were never mentioned in the brochure, so its very convenient for Ford to remove certain features and the average buyer would have no clue. The brochure also mentions as fine print at the end - "Specifications and features are subject to change without notice".
Old 1st April 2018, 20:56   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarvodaya View Post
Took delivery of March 2018 manufactured ES. TPMS is very much there and not deleted by Ford. Passenger side under seat tray has been removed.
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 10:28   #327
BHPian

I had some questions regarding Extended Warranty and Corporate Discount. Would be grateful if existing owners can guide me.

1) Extended Warranty: Ford is providing EW till 5th year. For petrol AT (I've booked Trend+ AT) 3rd year EW costs ₹9000 and 3rd+4th year combo EW costs ₹13900 as per their website. 5th year EW is not mentioned in the website, but got to know from dealer and other buyers that 3rd+4th+5th year combo EW costs ₹23800. I know maximum available EW will provide peace of mind. Is it advisable to take EW till 5th year or is it fine if opted for lesser years? I am asking this because of the curious scenario mentioned below.

2) Corporate Discount: The dealer told me that I am eligible for receiving 3rd year EW as Corporate Discount from Ford. But herein lies the catch! If I go with this offer and then I want EW for 4th and 5th year as well, then I'll have to pay separately for them as a top-up and not the balance amount from the combo. So if I want 4th year EW, as per dealer, it'll cost additional ~ ₹17000 and 4th+5th will cost ~₹22000. So if I opt till 5th year EW, I'll end up paying almost the same amount as the 3+4+5th year EW combo plan, which means there's no point in getting Corporate Discount! The dealer also mentioned that Ford has specifically asked them to give the 3rd year EW only and no cash discount or other freebies as Corporate Discount. I've sent out a mail to Ford customer care regarding this and awaiting reply

Suggestions and advice
Old 2nd April 2018, 12:23   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
1) Extended Warranty: Ford is providing EW till 5th year. For petrol AT (I've booked Trend+ AT) 3rd year EW costs ₹9000 and 3rd+4th year combo EW costs ₹13900 as per their website. 5th year EW is not mentioned in the website, but got to know from dealer and other buyers that 3rd+4th+5th year combo EW costs ₹23800. I know maximum available EW will provide peace of mind. Is it advisable to take EW till 5th year or is it fine if opted for lesser years? I am asking this because of the curious scenario mentioned below.
It is always advisable to opt for maximum warranty available. You will breathe a sigh of relief when an untoward repair comes up and you know you are covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoOfTheShire View Post
2) Corporate Discount: The dealer told me that I am eligible for receiving 3rd year EW as Corporate Discount from Ford. But herein lies the catch! If I go with this offer and then I want EW for 4th and 5th year as well, then I'll have to pay separately for them as a top-up and not the balance amount from the combo. So if I want 4th year EW, as per dealer, it'll cost additional ~ ₹17000 and 4th+5th will cost ~₹22000. So if I opt till 5th year EW, I'll end up paying almost the same amount as the 3+4+5th year EW combo plan, which means there's no point in getting Corporate Discount! The dealer also mentioned that Ford has specifically asked them to give the 3rd year EW only and no cash discount or other freebies as Corporate Discount. I've sent out a mail to Ford customer care regarding this and awaiting reply
That is right. None of the Ford dealers in Bangalore who I have negotiated with are giving any cash discounts. The one I ended up booking with gave me 3rd and 4th year EW as a freebie as I mentioned previously. Initially my SA only offered 3rd yr EW but a little bit of haggling from me was rewarded with 4th yr as well. They most likely will give in if we are a large corporate employee.

I think your dealer is trying to pull a fast one by enforcing a topup plan instead of accepting remaining amount for 4th year EW. See if you can get 4th year included as part of discount. Even otherwise the price you were quoted for topup EW is way higher than what I see on the website. For pre-facelift model, EW to 4th year is 9099. Don't think the prices would have doubled for this model. The 5th year EW should also cost somewhere in that region. You have been quoted inflated inflated prices I believe.

Last edited by strawhat : 2nd April 2018 at 12:52.
strawhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 16:03   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
I think your dealer is trying to pull a fast one by enforcing a topup plan instead of accepting remaining amount for 4th year EW
I also have the same feeling. I have heard from multiple Ecosport owners in Facebook, who have paid remaining amount for 4th and 5th after getting 3rd as Corporate discount. I had mailed about this to Ford customer care but not getting any satisfactory answer. They called me back but insist to connect me with the dealer and get the details rather than answering from their end.
Old 3rd April 2018, 14:52   #330

Quote:
My first 1000 km with the EcoSport T+AT:-

Overall a great car, I am extremely happy with it
Thank you so much for this quick and encouraging review.

Got the delivery of my EcoSport T+ AT on April 1, 2018 and your review reaffirmed the faith in my decision to go ahead with the car.

Planning a short road trip to try the cruise control and sports mode this weekend.
vinitam is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks