Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th June 2018, 13:54   #511
BHPian

Any thought on the 'new' ecoboost engine paired to the new 6-speed MT?

Didn't teambhp get invited for a testdrive?

Is there a significant change in the drivability of the new one, especially in terms of turbo lag. Any bhpians who have driven both old and new one, please shed some light on this regard.
It would have been nice if we could get a comprehensive teambhp testdrive report as always.
Thank you.

Last edited by blueeyed : 18th June 2018 at 13:55.
Old 18th June 2018, 14:16   #512
BHPian

Re: 2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueeyed View Post
Any thought on the 'new' ecoboost engine paired to the new 6-speed MT?
Until we get reviews from fellow Team BHP members, below is the experience of Mr. Shabbeer Zafar, courtesy Facebook EcoSquads group -

"Titanium S Ecoboost 1.0L test drive experience: I recently took a test drive of Tit. S petrol variant. Thought of sharing some of my observations with you.

Asthetics and cosmetic changes: ES already has a premium feel, yet the new updates in cabin color treatment and dual tone exterior gives it a more sporty appeal. Black finish of headlamp looks too good. However, addition of LED bulbs could have made it even better.

Funroof: I am not a big fan of it in Indian weather conditions. The only take away for me is that it makes the cozy cabin feel bit spacious when open.

Ecoboost Engine: It's the same old 2013 engine but combined with 6 speed gearbox the initial lag doesn't feel much. Clutch is light though I had to press it all way deep, not sure if it was a clutch hydrolic tuning issue. Drove in City traffic for almost 20 mins and it was comfortable. The gear changes were also smooth. I was able to pull the car effortlessly in 3rd gear from a traffic signal. I feel Ford has worked on the old ecoboost feedback successfully addressed it.

Fuel Economy: Drove it for around 35 KMs in both city and highways - speed ranging from 15 Kmph to 90 Kmph with both light and heavy paddles. The MID showed a reading of 13.2 kmpl which I guess is pretty decent for this engine. With all my respect to another excellent Dragon engine, Ecoboost (with new gearbox) will certainly deliver a better FE in city drive.

R17 Tires: With all we know about Ecopia R17 tires in previous Titanium+, I observed that the braking has improved in S, may be because of the light nose. I put the car to some of the pot holes I could find on the road I and it handled them well. I didn't notice any cabin noise or lack of cushioning due to low profile tires, at least in this short ride. Having said that, the obvious disadvantages of a low profile tires will continue to be there but to me the new smoked alloys look awesome. One can't resist owning them.

With all these observations and a very positive driving experience of Ecoboost, once again I feel tempted to reconsider my decision on the choice of variants between Tit+ AT and S 😁. For me, the S makes a defenite style statement and ticks all the boxes except the AT convenience!"
FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 19:26   #513
BHPian

Quote:
In the materialistic culture that we live, most of us worship objects and do our best to acquire as many of them as we can. We are never satisfied, no matter how many possessions we have.
A few months back my wife planted a seed in my mind. At first I tried to shoo the idea away. Attachment to materialistic things was something I intended to reduce. But in no time this seed became a sapling and then a large banyan tree. What I learned during this time was that it is impossible to supress such thoughts. You try to clear them by closing your eyes and focusing on a single entity. If that doesn't work, try to engage yourself to something. The reprieve was only temporary. These thoughts were asphyxiating. Having said it, I was actually enjoying this. I am a human after all, not an enlightened being. The false "I" had prevailed yet again. No shame in admitting it. With time I was so seduced by the thoughts of owning a car, I couldn't pay much attention to anything else. To cut a long story short, a year or so later I booked a Ford Ecosport Titanium+ AT.

The ensuing wait time was the most excruciating and testing, marred with impatience. Is there anyone here who endears those moments?! Anyway, as the D-day approached there were a lot of things that needed to be accomplished. Finance was the biggest and cause of a few frustrations. The loan process wasn't the smoothest I experienced and had to be redone a couple of times to bring it to finish line. Then the day came. It's here that I stop becoming a keyboard warrior and let the pictures takeover.

Still in mother's womb.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2067.jpg

Unveiling.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2073.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2077.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2080.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2087.jpg

Couldn't resist the urge to take it for a spin. Nandi Hills backdrop. The black cloud cover touching the mountain was a sight to behold. This picture doesn't do justice to the beauty on display that day.
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2098.jpg

Who?
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2099.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_2100.jpg

Before I end this post, I have to thank PPS Ford team for managing the deal smoothly. Hadn't faced any issues. Just the minor communication gaps which I reckon are a part of any such purchase. I would highly recommend this dealer.

So, are you under the assumption that my "non-materialistic" philosophy is a non-starter? Emphatic no. But, time will tell.

Last edited by strawhat : 18th June 2018 at 19:50.
strawhat is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st June 2018, 20:45   #514
BHPian

Another hike on the horizon?

Looks like dynamic fare system practiced by airlines and railways now being implemented by Ford as well.

Last edited by strawhat : 21st June 2018 at 20:47.
Old 23rd June 2018, 12:16   #515
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Any reviews on the New Titanium Sports ? I had a 2014 ecosport 1.5tdci titanium that I very recently sold off. Looking for a new ride and my eyes can't get off the titanium sports. Can't decide between the ecoboost vs diesel though. Any of the bhpians took the sports variant yet?
Old 24th June 2018, 08:51   #516
BHPian

There are reports on FB and Whatsapp groups that updating "Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC) Configuration" adds and enables auto lock option.

There are two people who have successfully got this enabled. They were Dec Titanium Plus and Jan Titanium diesel cars.

I have got it updated in my car, but it did not work.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180623wa0009.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180623wa0008.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180623wa0010.jpg

In another note, SC Ford, (Malad, Mumbai) is offering reverse camera in Sync screen as a fitment. They are charging 10,000/- for the same. Looks like it's an aftermarket fitment done by the service centre. The camera quality isn't as good as the one in Titanium Plus and the dynamic guide lines do not work.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2018, 01:40   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udayjani View Post
Has anyone driven Ecosport petrol AT on steep hills like Nandi Hills in Bangalore?
No, but I have driven it plenty on the hills of Darjeeling and Sikkim, and it is by far the most easy-to-drive car for the hills I've experienced. The powerful engine, quality automatic transmission and hill hold control make it child's play to tackle the hills with this car.
aryayush is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2018, 21:38   #518
BHPian

Question to Titanium+ AT owners:

What is the tire pressure you maintain in R16 tires within city and highways? Ford recommends 30psi for front and rear with normal load. My SA though says 33psi is the optimal pressure for all 4 tires. Although I am following my advisor for now, I am confused and not sure if it is reliable in the long term.

Last edited by strawhat : 29th June 2018 at 21:43.
Old 29th June 2018, 21:48   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawhat View Post
Question to Titanium+ AT owners:

What is the tire pressure you maintain in R16 tires within city and highways? Ford recommends 30psi for front and rear with normal load. My SA though says 33psi is the optimal pressure for all 4 tires. Although I am following my advisor for now, I am confused and not sure if it is reliable in the long term.
I maintain 33PSI in all tyres. I have tried 34 and it's too bouncy to ride. 33 seems perfect for me.
suku_patel_22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 01:35   #520
BHPian

I maintain 30. Should I be increasing it?
Old 1st July 2018, 05:08   #521
BHPian

Greetings fellow BHPians,

Meet Shadowfax!! (Trend+ AT Canyon Ridge)

The road so far -

When I first laid eyes on the EcoSport back in 2013, I had told myself that this would be my first car. It was the dream of a relative fresher in his first job and driving father's good old Maruti 800. Fast forward to 2017, a married and more world-weary me, started researching for a new car, my first purchase. My wife and I thought a humble hatchback would suffice our needs. My first and foremost criteria was an automatic. So we started looking at Baleno, Elite i20 and Jazz.

Few rides later in a colleague's Duster, the compact SUV bug bit me again. I started yearning for that higher ground clearance, higher seating position and commanding view of the road. Not to forget some amount of respect other road users seem to accord the SUVs which they never do for a hatch. Mind you I was still driving the Maruti 800, which felt like sitting in the ground floor at traffic signals while SUV owners were on the first floor beside me!

With minds changed and decisions made to get a petrol automatic compact SUV, only the EcoSport and Duster fit the criteria. The Duster was discarded due to rubber band CVT and outdated/lackluster interiors. Waited for the facelift EcoSport to launch. Since we wanted to get all the bells and whistles, the Titanium+ AT was our initial choice despite it being out of budget. But repeated price hikes and tyre/battery concerns were the dampeners. This led me to book the Trend+ AT variant at Capital Ford, Bhubaneswar.

Back to the present -

After some drama due to allotment issues from Ford, I finally brought it home today!

Payment was not very smooth as I had multiple issues with online RTGS and IMPS from HDFC netbanking. Another confusion was with the dealership giving me Tata AIG insurance instead of Royal Sundaram as agreed upon earlier. The Tata AIG policy was also without 'Return to Invoice' add-on, hence I refused to take the same. The dealership have agreed to this and would be providing me another updated policy.

Apart from these hiccups, the delivery experience was smooth. I had taken sweets for the showroom staff, which was appreciated. Sales adviser Mr. Jyoti Ranjan and the other staffs were very helpful and cordial. The car was already cleaned and inside the showroom floor when I arrived. The accessories (mud flaps, floor mat, boot mat) were installed in my presence. Free car cover was also provided as part of the deal. I had done the initial PDI earlier this week and did it again today. Team BHP PDI checklist was of great help through out the process. I did find few small marks on the body which were promptly removed through polishing. A proper and detailed demo was provided explaining all the features of the car inside out. With all the formalities and celebrations done, I left the showroom.

Shadowfax drank petrol worth Rs.1000 and I decided to take a long detour through the highways to home. Wanted to get a hang of the car on the open highways before entering city traffic. Coming from the very basic and old Maruti 800, the ride was very enjoyable but nervous at the same time. Rains decided to greet Shadowfax and heavy downpour started. I kept the speed around 50-60 kph. Car was very smooth and stable. I drove with a light foot providing gentle throttle inputs and could feel it upshift around 2000-2500 RPM. This being my first auto box, needs some getting used to. Left leg kept going towards non-existent clutch pedal and left hand kept darting towards the gear lever! Hoping to get more familiar with the car by driving more often and going through the owner's manual. Will install the accessories I have already bought online and need to order key cover and dashcam soon. Next steps would be to research about vinyl wrapping and ceramic coating services in my city!

I'll post my ownership review in this thread once I have enough miles on the car. Also will post pictures with the Team BHP sticker in relevant thread soon. Till then MAY THE FORDS BE WITH YOU!
Attached Thumbnails
2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img20180630wa0003.jpg  

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo_20180630_141011.jpg  

FrodoOfTheShire is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st July 2018, 13:28   #522
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, myself and another TBHP/EcoSquads group friend got the Auto-Lock BCM updated at Bangalore Metro Ford Lingarajapuram and Auto locks are working fine for both of us when the Speedometer touches 20 kmph. Though my friend's car update went fine, my car ran into issues. FDRS app crashed in first attempt. When retried after flashing BCM update the car ended up in "Factory mode contact Dealer" error. Had to press push start/stop button 120 times to get it rectified both the attempts after BCM update. Also TPMS had to be relearnt after BCM update for Plus models.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:28   #523
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks to Viraj Buddhdev for sharing this.

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-es1.jpg

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-esd2.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 10:54   #524
BHPian

I got the auto-lock feature updated at Bhavna Ford Turbhe on my Jan 2018 T+AT, works perfectly.

If any of you are interested, kindly contact Manpreet Singh (SA), very nice person !
Old 5th July 2018, 14:29   #525
BHPian

Though this is officalily petrol facelift review thread but I would like to share something important from the diesel facelift model.
I recently took delivery of my 2018 May manufactured Ecosport Diesel Trend+.
The engine specification as per Ford India website is 100bhp or 73.8kw and 205nm of torque @1750-3250

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180705135042.png

However while checking the manual in the ford app along with hard copy owners manual it's mentioned that the max torque is 215 10nm and not 205

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-screenshot_20180705134834.png

2018 Ford EcoSport Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-1530779965992245860317.jpg

Can anyone throw light on this which one is correct?
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks